main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends After Bandomeer, AU vignette (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lurkalidth, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hi! This bunny struck while doing some more shoveling. There's no business like snow business.

Anyways, please let me know if this is subpar.

Hope you enjoy. :D

"Yes, Qui-Gon. I can do it. I will do it!"

Sea-change eyes glinted with determination, and even now I'm convinced that the Force Itself peered upon me through those glistening orbs. One word, and all would be well. One phrase, and the universe would continue.

Too late.

The boy fated to be my padawan, destroyed.

Not destroyed; as my grandmaster would say, "There is no death; there is the Force." The lad's name has been inscribed upon the Jedi Memorial. We held no immolation, of course: I could not collect enough of him to burn. But no corpse was needed, no superfluous ceremony; for those of us who knew him--even this often-foolish master--shall remember his bright presence, his contagious grin...until we allow ourselves to forget, that is.

I cannot forget.

Nor can grandmaster. Yoda's wounded eyes brand me with their daily accusations. Not that he says anything. He doesn't need to, because I already know.

Obi-Wan's death wasn't the Will of the Force. The boy was never supposed to have gone to Bandomeer in the first place.

When I rejected his destiny, I caused his death. I killed him. Myself and my fear. Fear leads to--?

(What doesn't fear lead to?)

And since his passing, I cannot sleep fast, I dare not slumber, for all the dark portents shrieking in my mind. Even awake, terrible, terrible images assail me: the Temple crumpling; a planet exploding into fragments; but more frightening yet, a blazing desert with an empty cave.

Mace tells me I'm not the only one with such nightmares. Nowadays the knights all have got insomnia, and the initiates whimper in their sleep. How can the darkness loom so near?

Obi-Wan, what have I done?

2. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    :eek: :_| Oh, my. What did you do? You killed Obi-Wan!!!

This is was very touching and sad. But I like it.

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked it. I don't think anyone's ever done an AU from that moment. Hope the shoveling keeps sending you snow bunnies. Good job.

4. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    :_| :_|
    Mace tells me I'm not the only one with such nightmares. Nowadays the knights all have got insomnia, and the initiates whimper in their sleep. How can the darkness loom so near?

Obi-Wan, what have I done?

I don't blame them! What did you do, Qui-Gon? Not only did you destroy a poor boy (whose only crime was to love you) but you also destroyed the only hope for the future! :_| :_|

YES! I loved that story! Call me crazy, but I find stories in which Obi-Wan is killed to be very interresting, because then you get speculations on Anakin and Qui-Gon's lives and how the would be different without everyone's favorite Jedi. An excellant reading, but I think the board admin. need to come up with a [face_wail]!

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very moving! And I have to bow to anyone who can kill off Obi-Wan in a story. I can't bring myself to do it. :(

6. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Very nice! :)

Seems the Force is agitated - showing Qui and the Order of what is going to happen due to a destiny unfulfilled.

Wonderful job Lurkalidth!

~Bek

7. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Hi, y'all! Thanks for reading. :) It means a lot to me that you've gotten some enjoyment from this eensy piece.

MysteriousRaven13: Howdy. Now, would I ever kill redoubtable Obi-Wan Kenobi? ;) I'll leave the blame to a certain dusky-robed former padawan. I'm glad you liked this.

dianethx: Thank you. My teachers always said I was "unique." I appreciate your kind words.

Xeana: Oh, don't cry; at least OW is at peace, "One" with the Force, instead of spending the next 12 years getting beat up by bad guys. So maybe this is a happy fic...from a certain point of view.

Yes, I'm sort of partial to AUs myself--and there are so many wonderfully-wrought ones at this website, too. :) Thx for your response.

obi_ew: Thank you, o_e. You just seem to inspire people to write. I really like the challenge thread you have too. Great idea!

And I'm just grateful that you haven't slain OW. (Hm, w/ all the torturefics out there, is it coincidence that his initials spell "ow"? Whoops; tangental thought.) You'd break my heart.

Bekah_K: There's always a price to pay for any decision...only, in this case the price is higher than even QG would ever have anticipated. A function of concentrating too narrowly on the Living Force, perhaps?

Thank you. I'm getting a kick out of your series. :)

8. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

So maybe this is a happy fic...from a certain point of view.

Lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.