main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Star Wars (Pre-Saga) Episode II Down the Dark Path Choose your own Adventure

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodyMonKenobi, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    [3po] Here we go again [/3po]

Alright everyone Mystery of the Sith is finished lets get down to the second instalment of the Pre Saga Trilogy.

20th Century Fox Logo

[fade]

Lucasfilm Logo

[fade]

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

Star Wars
    Pre Saga Episode II
    Down the Dark Path

Where do we go from here?

1)It is a time of hope in the galaxy. With the gangsters weakened, the Jedi order has been successful in removing all their strongholds in the republic, and sent them to squander in the outer rim.

Little do the Jedi know that the evil Sith lord Darth Sidious strength is growing in the galactic senate. Since overthrowing his master he has become obsessed with finding the long lost SITH TEMPLE.

Darth Sidious has secretly sent out his young apprentice to find out anything he can, and remove any who stands in his way of enslaving the galaxy forever?

2)Peace reigns once again in the Republic. The threat of criminal groups such as the Hutts and the Black Sun have been driven away and the republic is once again stable in its foundations.

Yet the greatest enemy of the republic remains undiscovered, lurking in the very heart of the Republic itself. Palpatine remains obsessed with destroying the government and its protectors, the jedi.

To this end, Palpatine has sent his apprentice to search for a rumored Dark Jedi Temple that will make him more powerful than ever. But still yet another threat remains in the shadows, preparing itself to strike out at the Republic?

3)Corruption engulfs the republic. The brotherhoods of Naboo continues with their anti-alien attacks causing retaliation from the Gungan inhabitants, and are believed to be organizing attacks on other planets as well.

With the true leader of these terror cells hidden in the shadow, and rumors of fraudulent Senators doing it to gain power it has been difficult to control and manage the systems with high alien populations

Wanting to get to the bottom of this at all costs the highly respected Senator Palpatine of Naboo is on his way to the capital to request jedi aid, in finding the truth and bringing stability back to the republic?

Let the voting begin.

By the way this for the Mods.

Title: Pre-Saga Episode II Down the Dark Path
    Author(s): CodyMonKenobi
    Timeframe: 6 years before TPM
    Characters: Palpatine, Darth Maul, Qui Gon, Dooku
    Genre: Choose Your Own Adventure
    Keywords:
    Summary: The second Instalment of Pre Saga Trilogy, about Palpatines rise in power.
    Notes:

BTW we are the first new story of 2004

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Interesting.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Number one....

4. Rush_Limbaugh

Rush_Limbaugh Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I vote number 1 also.

Also:

For those who haven't visited, I have begun to write a new "Choose your own Adventure" trilogy that takes place after Return of the Jedi. The first installment "Episode VII: Dawn of a New Era" was completed a few months ago, and now, "Episode VIII: Rise of the Vong" is in progress. Everyone who enjoys the Choose your own Adventures will surely love to join in. Hope to see some new faces stop by along with all of you regulars!

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  6. imright87

imright87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2003
  7. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I am going to start writing for the first choice however voting is not locked yet so keep voting (If I have to change it up I will) I would like to get at least two more votes.

***Official Talley***

1) 4 votes

2) 0 votes

3) 1 vote

8. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Changed my mind and finished the section. I hope you enjoy it and as always critism is always welcomed.

20th Century Fox Logo

Lucas Film Logo

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?

Star Wars
    Pre Saga Episode II
    Down the Dark Path

It is a time of hope in the galaxy. With the gangsters weakened, the Jedi order has been successful in removing all their strongholds in the republic, and sent them to squander in the outer rim.

Little do the Jedi know that the evil Sith lord Darth Sidious strength is growing in the galactic senate. Since overthrowing his master he has become obsessed with finding the long lost SITH TEMPLE.

Darth Sidious has secretly sent out his young apprentice to find out anything he can, and remove any who stands in his way of enslaving the galaxy forever?

The camera Pans down and shows the frightful sight of the Maw Cluster, a conglomerate of black holes around the mining prison planet of Kessel. The dark desolate gray planet, having no atmosphere, air that is produced by factories bleeds out into space leaving a white vapor trail behind it as it is in orbit.

The Sith Infiltrator flies over the camera slowly.

[Cut to]

INT. Sith Infiltrator cockpit.

Darth Maul looks at a holographic projector. Xizor can be seen on the other end.

Darth Maul: I am in the Kessel system now, your information better be correct Xizor.

Xizor: I assure you we have had contact, with our guys on the inside. We are just unable to retrieve them.

Darth Maul: My master would not be forgiving if I came back to Couracsant, with out the bothan Einar Zla?Tan.

Xizor: He is there; it is where all the prisoners from the Battle of Csillia were sent. Just don?t forget record you entry. The Black Sun is about to collapse, if we were to learn of a passage in and out of Kessel, we could make billions on smuggling out spice.

Darth Maul: You will receive your payment when I get out with my masters prize. And I hope that you are planning on honoring your part of the deal.

Xizor: Yes, yes. With Alexi gone I will take over operations here. I will give you data on our security systems. You have nothing to worry about this is win-win for me.

Darth Maul turns of the hologram and starts his journey into perilous space. Maul closes his eyes and begins to reach out with the force and he increases his speed. The ship?s cockpit begins to shake as the gravity tries to pull it in different directions. Trade Federation droid control ships orbit the planet. Just before he reaches the planets orbit two Droid ships get on each side of him.

Voice from comlink: We have you in our sights please send your clearance code.

Maul presses a few buttons in the cockpit.

Voice: What is your business here on Kessel?

Maul: I am a knight of the Jedi order; I am here for prisoner interrogation.

Voice: Of course we welcome the Jedi here, be sure that you have the proper breathing equipment before stepping on the planet surface Master Jedi.

[Cut to]

INT. Republic Senate rotunda.

We look around the Rotunda seeing senators from many different planets, cameras float around the Senates room. The camera then pans to Supreme Chancellor Bodum Organa and his aide Mas Amedda.

Mas Amedda: We will have order; the Supreme Chancellor will speak now.

Bodum: Thank you Mas, and my fellow delegates. Instead of my normal morning speech I will give the floor to The Senator of Serrano Finnis Valorum.

Valorum: Thank you, I know you have all heard of the attacks on my home world. And I know that many of you have felt these attacks as well. I that the republic should take a stand?

Valorum is cut off when another podium with a human flies into the arena.

Crion: I say no. This is a problem with Naboo; we have had no problems on Telos. Why should the whole republic go to war for two or three planets? I say let your police handle your planet.

Valorum: Well Senator Crion, not all of us our fortunate enough to have a Jedi protector.

Crion: I tell you the problem is on Naboo.

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I enjoyed reading that. Xizor's cool.

10. imright87

May 30, 2003
  11. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Thanks KoS, I have had many people say that they like my version of Xizor. And its not that I intentionally try to make him different, but when one is trying to gain power they have to do more in the beginning. I am glad you enjoyed it.

12. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    I will pick NO.2.

that was a great start to this second part of your 3 parter.

Took me a bit of time to find it but now that i have i am glad.

13. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    #2 for me too ... let's see where they are

14. Darth_Scruffylooking

Darth_Scruffylooking Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    I like #2 as well.

I can't wait to see what leads to Valorum becoming Chancellor before scheming ol' Palpy does.

15. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Well you asked for it, and here it is. As always critasm is welcomed.

[Cut to]

EXT. Couracsant streets

The camera focuses on a small diner on the lower levels of the capital city. Speeders zoom past and many people of diverse races walk past. As the camera zooms in closer, we see Qui Gon sitting at a table by the window, and off to the left at the bar is Obi Wan.

[Cut to]
    INT. Diner

Alien: (to Obi Wan) So there I was running from the giant acklay, with the diamond of Kazum?Thule in my pocket and no arrows left. So I ran into the bushes to hide and when it followed, it ran right through and fell off a cliff that was hidden on the other side.

Obi Wan: Wow, someday will you take me on one of your adventures Dex?

Dex: (pouring Obi Wan a cup of Jawa Juice) Of course little buddy.

Qui Gon: I think we have taken enough of this gentleman?s time. How much do I owe you?

Dex: No charge for my favorite customer. (Looking at Obi Wan)

Qui Gon: Thank you we must be going.

Obi Wan: (Waving) Bye Dex, hope I see you tomorrow.

The two walk outside and begin patrolling the street.

Obi Wan: That is my favorite place to eat; I just love listening to Dex?s stories. I hope I get to go on some adventures like him.

Qui Gon: A jedi does not crave adventure Obi Wan, you are going to have to get better control of your emotions, and your recklessness.

Obi Wan: Yes master, I am sorry.

Qui Gon: Besides, you don?t want to take on an acklay, trust me.

Obi Wan: If I ever do I will cut off its legs, and stab it in the head.

Qui Gon: (smirks and snickers) I?m sure you will.

Obi Wan: Where are we going today?

Qui Gon: Master Yoda has summoned us; we have to meet with him. After that I?m not sure.

[Cut to]
    INT. Yoda?s Apartment

Yoda sits in his apartment stirring a pot of food, when Obi Wan and Qui Gon walk through the door. The two bow at the old Jedi master out of respect and then have a seat.

Yoda: Hungry are you?

Qui Gon: No thank you master we have just eaten. What can I do for you master?

Yoda: Review your training methods, the council will.

Qui Gon: I see, does the council not have confidence in me?

Yoda: Just making sure we are, that you were ready. Repeat the mistakes of the past we do not.

Qui Gon sighs.

Yoda: to all we do this, when lose their first padawan they do.

Qui Gon: So what is your plan master?

Yoda: stay with me Obi Wan will, while you go to Telos with Master Dooku.

Qui Gon: You are going to send me to Telos? I don?t understand.

Yoda: Many attacks there have been, requested an investigation the senate has. Go you must now, expecting you Dooku is.

Qui Gon: Very well master, May the force be with you.

Qui Gon bows before Yoda and nods to Obi Wan then leaves the room.

Obi Wan: Master, I don?t understand. I thought I was Master Qui Gon?s first apprentice, and what is on Telos.

Yoda closes his eyes and then opens them and stares into the distance.

Yoda: No, There was another.

[Cut to]
    INT. Palpatine?s office

Palpatine is sitting his desk, Talking to Colmanx from the holo-projector.

Colmanx: We have contracted the soldiers that you requested of us.

Palpatine: Good, We need to continue our attacks on Telos, and smear the Senators name. It won?t be long before we have the help of the Serrano system.

Colmanx: I think you over estimate Senator Vallorum?s stupidity he is Pro-alien.

Palpatine: It is of no concern. I have a plan worked out.

Colmanx: So what do you want us to do to Senator Crion?

Palpatine: Just make it look as though he and his son are involved in the movement.

Palpatine?s desk communicator chimes

Palpatine: What is it?

Voice: The Senators from Serrano and Geonosis is here sir.

Palpatine: Send them in.

Palpatine shuts off his projector as Senator Valorum and the insect-like Senator Poggle The Lesser. Palpatine stands to greet them.

Palpatine: Ah my friends I am so glad that you could meet with me.

Valorum: We are always happy to meet with you S

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001

How old is Obi-Wan here? I forgot.

17. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
  18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    So there I was running from the giant acklay, with the diamond of Kazum?Thule in my pocket and no arrows left. So I ran into the bushes to hide and when it followed, it ran right through and fell off a cliff that was hidden on the other side?.liked this. Gives that sense of myth to the story

Also great to have Qui-Gon and Obi-wan at Dex.

Nice dialogue in Palpatine's office.

19. Tegarend

Tegarend Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003

Good dialogue, nice stuff ...

the Obi-Dex stuff was a good idea

20. imright87

May 30, 2003
    3 yes, the obi-dax part was good

21. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I am glad that youall enjoyed it. I di have a question though. Was Obi Wan's diolage (sp?) okay, or was it to childish? I was ring to conve his youth, but after reading over it a few times I think I may have over done it.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I think it was ok. He's a young padawan, and yearning for adventure. Also I liked the Ackley part.

23. Darth_Scruffylooking

Darth_Scruffylooking Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    I vote #1.
    I like your take on Darth Maul -- I actually sympathize with him and what he has suffered in the last episode.

I also enjoyed young Obi Wan and Dex's relationship. Perhaps we will see them have an adventure together? Maybe 'ol Qui Gon will have to readjust his view of Dex after something happens in the future? I love the possibilities you have created and this episode is just taking off!

24. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I like your take on Darth Maul -- I actually sympathize with him and what he has suffered in the last episode.

I wnted to show what corrupte him, he doesn't seem to be poer hungry like Palpatin, Dooku, and even Anakn. He seems obsesed with "revenge" and I wate to show why.

I also enjoyed young Obi Wan and Dex's relationship. Perhaps we will see them have an adventure together? Maybe 'ol Qui Gon will have to readjust his view of Dex after something happens in the future?

Well that was something that I hadn't thouht of but it is actully not a bad idea, may use it for the third one if I can think of any thing.

I love the possibilities you have created and this episode is just taking off!

Thanks, I plan on throwig in a few more charecters from the PT as well. I also plan on starting Dooku's path to darkness as well in this episode.

***Official Talley***

1) 1 votes

2) 2 votes

3) 2 votes

25. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I need a tie breaker before I can write the next section. That bing said I won't be able to get online this weekend because I have drills. and on January the 30th I leave for Fort Sill, Oklahoma for basic training,and I will be gone for 13 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.