main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One Chance--OT/TPM AU starring Luke & Qui--In the hands of other authors now.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Clarus, Dec 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    I'm going to suggest this before I launch into something.

Synopsis: Luke and the somebody (Leia, Jacen, Anakin, or Mara)discover a mysterious artifact. When they activate it, they find themselves in the past. Given the choice to change the past and try to make things better, they decide to change it, and assassinate Chancellor Palpatine. They escape to the future to find it radically changed . . .

Round robin anyone?

Clarus

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Good idea! Can't wait to read some!!!

3. SkySaber

SkySaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    I love the plot, and I hope this can turn into a long story. All willing to help!

4. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Make it Leia,make it Leia! :)
    Well,it would be interesting to see their reactions to their parents... ;)
    So,who's going to start?

5. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    I agree make it Leia too. :)

6. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Sounds like a great idea, but remember, the Jedi have to find a way to kill him without falling to the darkside. :) I would certainly love to read this story! :D

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Another vote for Leia here to!!!:)

8. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    That sounds great. Maybe both Luke and Leia to satifsy everyone . . .

And if it were me, I'd make it set earlier, like right after The Battle of Endor, then you can have Leia learning to accept the past. . .

Just an idea :)

9. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    How's this for an idea, Luke, Han and Leia find something just after the battle of Endor and it sends them back in time to just after TPM? They end up as guests of Chansallor Palpatine. Can you imagine the introductions?

10. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    In the words of the great Anakin Skywalker:

Yippee!!

But, please someone else start. I hate beginnings. :)

Clarus

11. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    (Gasps! Then gets really mad and smites her computer with a truly nasty blast of Dark Side!) I spelled it "once"! ArrrrRRRRRRrrrrrggg!

It was _supposed_ to be "One Chance." Not, "Once Chance."

*mumbles, disgusted with herself.

Is someone working on the first part? If not, I'll throw one together. Just let me know.

12. jedi_yoda23

jedi_yoda23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    Hey, I'm interested to read this one!!! Who's brave enough to start it? ;)

13. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    I like the Leia idea, and it happening right after Endor. We could even have a sarcastic comment about Ewoks and Gungans . . .

But how about making Anakin a little older, like sixteen, instead of nine?

14. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hmmm.

Everything sounds great so far.

I think that the majority of the story should take place after they kill Palpy and return to their own time.

Everything could be totally messed up . . . Like no Empire, Anakin as the head of the Jedi Council, or other strange things that our heroes have no memory of.

I'm not much of a writer but if no one else wants to write . . .

15. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay, I guess I'll start . . .

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    One Chance

The remains of the Imperial Palace dominated an entire section; the Emperor's fondness for pomp had not been limited to the military. If there was a residue of evil, Luke could not sense it, though knowing that the man who had almost doomed the galaxy had called this place home left a dead feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Mon Mothma stood just behind Luke, flanked by an young and not very impressive set of guards. "This was once something very beautiful," she told him, her voice quiet. Leia shuddered, pulled Han's arms closer around her.

"My mother died here," Leia remarked. "I mean, Sache Organa. I saw Vader . . . I saw him carry her out of the place while it was burning." (OOC: This comes from "Father's Heart" by Jedi Galadriel)

Luke wanted to grill his sister--his sister!!--about her relationship with their father, but it did not seem the proper time or place. So he turned and asked Mon Mothma, "What was it?"

"Before Palpatine, before the Republic, this was the Jedi Temple." She sighed again. "I was a student here, once, not an Initiate. I studied diplomacy here."

She turned away, the guards following her silently, but Luke, Han, and Leia remained; Luke, because he wanted to sift throught he debris, wanted to see if there was anything that had survived the first burning, then the Emperor, and then this bombing; Leia and Han because after all they had been through, they still had to see each other to be sure that they were all alive.

Without consulting each other, the three climbed a small pile of rubble and moved deeper, toward the heart of what had once been the greatest monument to good and evil.

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    Well?

16. reklawyks

reklawyks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    looking forward for more......:D

17. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    That was a very good start. :)
    Now who's going to post next?

18. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Thanks, guys. I hope someone else will take this up; I don't have the time to write it all. Please, please, please someone add the next part!

19. Darth Zane

Darth Zane Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    hey. I'll help ya if you want me to. Although, seeing that I have no semblance of an imagination or any talent at all, me helping you might be the death of this thread. But if you want to risk it then I'll help.

20. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Sounds good, Darth Zane. I don't really care who posts or what route they take. I know how my ideal verion of it goes; I want to see what others would do. Feel free, everybody, to join in.

(having a really hard time typing, because it's snowing in Alabama and she just about killed herself going down a hill)

21. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Great, it started.

Maybe I'll help, too . . . I don't want anyone to hurt me, though.

22. Darth Zane

Darth Zane Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I just tried to write a post and discovered that I couldn't. I had absolutly no Ideas. So I've decided not to write. I will, however, be reading this with great interest.

23. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Okay, to keep it alive, and perhaps spark an idea or two . . .

|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|<>|
    In retrospect, Luke supposed, Han would be the one to find it. His pension for luck had obviously survived. The actual finding was almost comical. Han had been there, and then he was not. Instead, there was a very large hole, from which came a muffled groan, and Leia immediately began screaming the pirate's name. When he called back and announced that he was still breathing and nothing was broken, she resorted to name-calling. "You idiot! I told you this rubble was unstable! Did you even check--"

"Hey, this is pretty neat."

"Neat?" Luke repeated. "I think he hit his head, Leia."

"He'll have a lot more to worry about than his head when _I'm_ through with him!"

Luke rolled his eyes. "What's down there?"

"I have no idea," Han called back. "Wow. Looks real old though."

Luke's curiosity was now piqued by two things. One: Han Solo, who was by far the greatest travelled and most literate in all things valuable had no idea what it was. Two: Whatever it was, Han said, was "real old."

With barely a thought, Luke hopped into the hole. In a second, Leia began screaming at him, too, but thanks to the almighty powers of peer pressure, she, too, took that leap and landed between Luke and Han on a dusty floor.

The room itself was round, and appeared to be made of ancient stones. Four curved pillars rose above them, and beneath the platform on which they stood, Luke could see that the pillars were connected at a common base, creating a spherical effect. Words abandoned Luke, and he joined Han in a simple, "Wow."

"What is it?" Han asked.

"I have no idea," Luke replied.

"Wow," Leia finally admitted. She stepped toward the edge. "That's a really long drop."

"Is it the Emperor's, do you think, or did it belong to the Jedi?" Luke muttered, mostly to himself. He knelt and touched the stone, hoping for some reading--anything at all--but felt the same nothing he got from the rest of the ruins.

So he reached out with the Force, and all hell broke loose.

The pillars began to move. They appeared to weigh more than a ton, but they began to move, slowly and without sound. In a matter of seconds, the speed had increased. Leia jumped backwards to land in Han's arms; the three of them backed into the center of the platform.

"What did you do!?" Leia yelped.

"I didn't do anything!" He had to scream now, to be head over the wind of the pillars' motion. Trails of blue energy flew behind the pillars now, encasing the trio in a sphere of light and motion. The hole they had fallen through could not be seen.

"Well," Luke remarked. The energy moved forward, almost touching them. "This was unexpected."

"But you know what?" Han remarked, his silly half-grin resurrected.

"What?"

"For once, I don't have a bad feeling about this."

They fell into oblivion.

24. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Just upping, hoping someone will see it. :D

25. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    That was great,Clarus! :)
    **runs off to school**