main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Paper, Rock, Scissors COMPLETED *5/23**NEW, AND FINAL POST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Title: Paper, Rock, Scissors

Time Period: Jedi Apprentice [AU]

Characters: Jinn, Kenobi, Xanatos, Anakin Skywalker

Synopsis: Master Jinn finds the ?Chosen One?. He convinces the council to allow his former apprentice, Knight Crion to train him. The training is to be under his watchful eye but is against Obi-Wan?s desire for him to do so. (In my story Ani is fourteen and Obi is thirteen}

As always, [italics denotes thoughts or mind speech]

?Mr. Qui-Gon sir, can I go up to the pilot and see how this little baby operates? I have infinite desire to conquer being able to pilot every ship in the galaxy.?

Jinn?s pearly white teeth, everyone of them showed in the smile he flashed his new found force sensitive. He had taken the liberty of checking Anakin Skywalker?s midichlorians and was astounded at what he found. Never mind that the council would raise a fit over someone out in the field checking a midichlorian count. Initiates were not to have their count made public record until after or if they became knights. Master Jinn didn?t even know what Obi-Wan?s was.

This boy, Anakin Skywalker was special. Jinn felt it when they first met and watched in awe at the capabilities in the force from this untrained one that would surpass his own apprentices?, who had lived at the temple all of his life, minus one year as an infant.

?Yes Ani, you may go up front but please do not interrupt the pilot. If he allows you to inspect the ship, then please my all means do it.?

Obi-Wan sat somber and dejected in the corner. He knew his master hadn?t tried to ignore him. He wasn?t sure why Qui-Gon made such a *too do* about this one, but even he felt something special about him and he was only a padawan.

No telling what the council will feel through the force about *Ani*. And I suspect my master know even more about the boy.

Obi-Wan had eavesdropped enough to know that Master Jinn, his master, told his grand master, Yoda the boy had a midichlorian count almost equal to Master Yoda?s and unlike some force sensitives, it was still increasing.

Obi felt less than adequate as a padawan now as he thought his midichlorians must be at the lowest level of acceptance as a Jedi for he had had so much trouble with his last kata. So much so, his master had insisted he stop and go back to the easier one.

?Padawan, Attend me, NOW!!!!?

The words spoken to him by his master did not hold the endearing tone to them that his words to Ani did and they weren't accompanied with the pearly-toothed smile.

Jinn?s command to Obi-Wan was with a furrowed brow and a look of displeasure for his apprentice. Obi knew it was because of something he had done.. In fact he was sure it was because he had been a little ?cold shoulder? to the other boy. Yes, they were close in age and actually Ani was a year older, but his master reminded Obi, ?Ani? only seemed younger because he had had no Jedi training. He also explained to Obi-Wan that his master expected him to be the diplomat of the two. Show him around Qui-Gon said, make him comfortable on the ship, and when they returned to the temple.

Yeah right, like that is going to happen. I want to stay as far way from this one. His personality is that of Bruck?s Chun?s and Master should realize how well we *don?t* get along. Master?s little pathetic life forms he brings home always end up being cared for by me. I don?t need an initiate, no matter if he is a chosen one following me around when I have my own friends to be with.

At that time Obi-Wan never dreamed his master would push for and succeed in having Anakin Skywalker made an apprentice immediately upon arrival to the Jedi temple.

?Yes Master, Did you want me??

?Not particularly, except to say I detest your attitude and I also resent the treatment you have seen fit to bestow on *Ani*. He will be fearful of the entire Jedi temple after having spent the last two weeks on this ship with you. Punishment my boy will be in my utmost thought when I get Ani s

2. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    POOR OBI!!! :(

EVIL QUI :mad:

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    a new one

- hurray for the healer

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Just thought I should let you know, I plan to make this a locked topic and pull it from here.

I will however post it at another site where I seem to get more response.

P.M. me if you want to know where to finish this one up.

PEACE ewen

5. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Sorry for not replying sooner.
    I like the start of this story!!!
    Please keep it here.

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Let me see if I understand you right, Master Jinn. I have your permission to sedate Padawan Kenobi because you yourself don?t want to be *bothered* with the child at the moment. What is more pressing than *YOUR* apprentice?s recovery? May I at least know that??

I too would like to know.

Brilliant work. I like this very much.

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Master, you are hovering. I told you I was fine and I am.?

?Yes, well I know, but the healer did say to watch for signs of concussion, vomiting headache blurred vision. Don?t suppose you have any of those symptoms??

Jinn?s face had a look of anticipation and concern until Obi reassured him yet again he was not mortally injured.

?No I am fine. I just don?t? feel like eating right now.?

Obi spoke the truth. He was fine he thought. With so many places hurting at one time, it was hard to find any interest in moving around or sitting up to feed himself.

?Well, I will leave you alone. Master Yoda and Mace said they would be by later to check on you.?

The door closed to Obi-Wan?s room, with a sigh of relief from Obi as it did.

Not that he didn?t appreciate his master?s concern. It was just that it had gone a little too far. Further in fact than ever before and Obi thought it had something to do with his master?s guilty conscience.

He must have a guilty conscience. He is the one that brought the ?Chosen One? and insisted he supervise Crion's training of him. I suppose he also would feel guilty about not correcting 'Padawan Precious'* for what was clearly improper etiquette between two sparring apprentices. Etiquette heck, he bordered trying to kill me. ?Master? Xani thought it amusing. I saw the stern look my master cast him but nothing for the little ?Chosen One?, not a word of condemnation. Had it been me, Master Jinn would have already had me skinned and hung up by my thumbs for an undetermined amount of time.

Obi knew he was exaggerating what his master would have done but in a sense he knew Ani was getting preferential treatment from his master.

###later that evening#####

Jinn began preparation for last meal without his usual zest to do so. He had invited Xanatos and Ani over for last meal two days prior. Oh Xani had offered to not come but in front of Jinn he told Ani they would have to pick up a pizza or burgers somewhere.

I certainly don?t want to be the reason the newly named apprentice suffers malnutrition. I have to believe 'Master' Xani quite often picks up fast food to supplement their last meal. Unlike Obi-Wan, Xani never cared for cooking. He did not like to learn how to cook. He only indulged in the culinary delights of someone else's sweat and toll preparing the food, usually me.

He knew Ani wouldn?t suffer much from the fast food for last meal and that he probably preferred it to the more nutritional meals the Jedi served. The truth of it was Jinn really did like spending time with the boy just too occasionally test his abilities.

He?d noticed Xani wasn?t as concerned for honing Ani?s Jedi talents as much as he hoped he?d be. Xani insisted everything would fall into place because the boy was so very powerful in the force; things just came natural for him. Jinn had to agree in part. Still Anakin needs to be taught the right and wrong of the Jedi. If only I could convince my former bull-headed apprentice that.

Until today, during the mock duel, Jinn had begun to feel more comfortable with the fact he had given Xanatos Crion the 'Chosen One' to train.

He told himself he certainly wouldn?t have traded his Obi for Ani had he been given the choice to do so. That did not keep the nagging thought from the Jedi?s master's mind that maybe... just maybe had the council agreed; he might have given Obi to another master, with the chance to train the 'Chosen One'.

Not because I think Obi is less than worthy to be a Jedi but because I know Ani needs to be trained.

The big Jedi shuttered with the thought and shook it off as quickly as he thought it.

However, with the mess-up Xani allowed today Jinn was put on edge again. He was glad that Xani and Anakin still had to come for last meal. He hoped to discuss some matters with Xanatos about his lackadaisical way of training not only Ani but Obi-Wan while he himself had been called away for meetings with the council.

######################

A strained and quiet l

8. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my this is a long post. I'm printing it out to take home to read. Just a quick glance thru it during my short lunch today, it looks great.

9. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Great post! :)
    Please don't take my next comment offensively, but you might want to find a beta reader or use a spell checker because there are a few words/letters in the wrong order. I don't mean this in a nasty way, because i know it's hard to spot where you've gone wrong; my mum is forever correcting my work even when it's computer written.

*~Scout~*

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Black_Scout. No I am never offended when someone tries to help me improve my writing.

In my own zest to post, I forgot to run the chapter through my microsoft word. Should be a bit better now.

THANX!!!

PEACE ewen

11. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Qui deceives himself.It's a sad comment on a Jedi to do so. And so cruel to Obi-wan. :(
    Good work!

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    O.K. here is the deal.

If anyone wants another post today

and I might add a very angsty one, all you have to do is let me know.

ewen

13. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    A post please! TODAY! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am out there waiting...

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan loved going on missions with his master, that is until this mission. He and Master Jinn were paired with another master/padawan team Crion and Skywalker.

More than one pair of Jedi on a mission together wasn?t all that unusual. He had gone on one other, but this mission was shaping into a difficult one for Kenobi and they hadn?t even stepped foot off the transport ship.

With three days travel still left, Obi had already been assigned extra meditations twice to Anakin Skywalker?s zero. One time was from his master for sulking and he had to agree he was sulking. The other meditation, the longer one, the one he had been knee bent into for two hours and had two more of this cramped position, was from the other master with them, Master Xanatos Crion.

Anakin started the discord between us. I don?t see him down on his knees rubbing the skin off them, meditating. Master Jinn should have insisted Ani be punished. But oh no he looked the other way to Ani?s part in this. Then he had the nerve to tell me I should as well. ?The boy was green new to the Jedi. I should be the ever humble Jedi apprentice and overlook his ignorance where the Jedi code is concerned. Isn?t that the excuse both masters give to Anakin Skywalker when there is something wrong between him and me?

Obi-Wan was most offended by his master?s reluctance to defend him when Xanatos announced Obi-Wan was deemed in the wrong and that he and only he should be disciplined for it.

Obi thought he noticed his master grimace and start to speak but if he ever thought to defend Obi-Wan, the thought was only fleeting at best and flew right away. He held a stiff but silent posture while Xanatos hauled Obi-Wan up in front of everyone on the transport ship, chewed him out, and then sentenced him to four hours on his knees in front of everyone there, to meditate.

Obi-Wan hoped his master wouldn?t notice through their bond that the first hour of meditation was focused on gaining control of his embarrassment and shame over his situation. Once he braved a look around him and saw Ani with the most satisfied sneer on his face, Obi wanted to just jump up and grab the other apprentice, shake him soundly. He knew better though. If Jinn didn?t get to him Xani would no doubt beat the socks off of him for even threatening the ?Chosen One? with bodily harm.

And I mean that in the most literal text possible. Master has never been so callous as to use physical punishment on me. No doubt if I did anything to impede Ani?s progress to knighthood, he might incorporate corporal punishment as part of a daily routine.

The blow to the back of his head was a shock and a painful one at that.

Tears, unshed but visible welled up in the apprentice?s eyes. He wasn?t sure if they were from the pain of being struck or the humiliation as the commoners on the ship snickered and teetered amongst themselves over the Jedi apprentice being publicly disciplined in such a way.

Jinn was not in a position to see his apprentice. He was off on another level up, on the ship going over the cock pit with Anakin.

?There now Padawan Kenobi, I thought you didn?t seem to be focused on your meditations as you should. Now you may tell Jinn about the swat to the back of your head if you feel the need too run and tattle. However, I don?t think he will be pleased to know you were not meditating as you should. Of course when I add that you were insolent to say the least he might find another part of your anatomy to swat. One a little meatier and a whole lot less visible.?

Xani sat down in seat just couple of feet from Obi-Wan, stretched his legs gangly out in front of him, crossed his arms over his chest, and stared hatefully down with his dark cold eyes at the apprentice on his knees.

Obi fought and gained control of his emotions. He wiped away a couple of tears that had fallen before he turned to face Master Crion.

?Just how would you know I was not meditating my ability to keep a civil tongue and my grumpy disposition, as I was instructed to do??

?Oh I could te

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm still here---- waiting for a new postie.

edit: *looks up^^^* odd, that wasn't there when I posted, but it is now.

Let's see- bad guys blow hole in ship, catch ship in tractor beam, Obi missing. In a word- Trouble

16. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    :eek: Noooooo! Obi-Wan where are you ?
    Qui, you better find him soon! :_I
    Thank you for this wounderful post. More soon? ;)

17. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Wow, this is good. Is there any more?

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent work.. I'm enjoying this very much. I hope Obi-wan is found okay.

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes, more is on the way!! I plan to have a post up Saturday. I just have to study for one more final.

Going back to school, even if is college, is just as hard at 26 as it was when I was 18.

[A mere child, though I didn't think so back then. I *thought* I knew everything. It seems now I realize I *DIDN'T*!]

PEACE ewen

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Darn- I thought that meant there was a post

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The first thing Jinn did when he woke from the hit to his head was to feel around his neck.

No force collar. I suppose that is a good thing.

Xani, from the cell just opposite of Jinn saw the Jedi master touch his neck and knew the reason for it.

?Oh no master, their force inhibitors are for more encompassing than a thin metal band around our necks.. The cells have an inhibitor beam in them. However, and if you happen to feel a slight stiffness in your left upper arm, it is not because you injured it. We have been given some kind of Hydro spray injection that impedes any bonds, mental connection and communication, or force related powers we have. I?d say we are pretty much helpless. Oh? wait? I do have these.?

Jinn waited with anticipation over Xani?s words. What could his former apprentice have in his pocket, Jinn wondered?

Xani made an elaborate gesture with an exaggerated dip with his hand, down in one of his many Jedi robe pockets. He pulled from it an assortment of brightly colored and different shaped power crystals. They were once the driving force behind their sabers; each Jedi chose their own color, shape, and size according to the edicts of the force.

?They took the sabers and gave us the little trinkets or *colored bobbles* as they called them and gave those back. Oh, by the way, we have already landed on their planet. We are being housed in cells just under the leader?s offices. Convenient ughn ??

Jinn meticulously sorted through visually the crystals pooled in Xani?s extended right hand. He had already found his. He searched for any indication that the crystals from Obi-Wan?s saber was there.

?*Obi-Wan* ? Xanatos have you heard anything about my apprentice??

A dark look passed Xani?s face. With the inability to stay connected with his apprentice Jinn had all but forgotten for a moment his apprentice had been in meditation in the section of the ship that sustained the most damage from the laser blast.

?I am sorry Master, but I have heard nothing. In fact as you see evident with the crystals I hold, Obi?s saber hasn?t even been found. If it was, I am sure there would have been questions about the saber or maybe they would have returned the saber crystals themselves. So far nothing. I thought maybe if you had the crystals that were once to Obi-Wan?s saber it would be at least some minor memento of his existence by your side. However, it seems that the saber went out the ship along with your apprentice. If he hadn?t have been sucked out through the hole then his saber would have been found by now. We would have heard something.?

Jinn heard Xani as he continued to talk but this thoughts were elsewhere. He knew he could not touch the force, not with all the medication and the laser inhibitor directed at his cell but he felt the need to meditate. Maybe he could not reach Obi or the force but meditation was the only thought process he found he could go through right now. Even without the force he could focus on his thoughts and zone out everything else around him. That was his intent anyway. He didn?t want to hear more unbearable truths about the missing precious light that was his apprentice, his imp, his Obi-Wan.

Xanatos was glad Master Jinn could not feel any of his thoughts. The one good thing about their capture was that Kenobi was now gone. Puff.. just like that Jinn?s apprentice no longer was a hindrance. He and Jinn both could now focus on the ?Chosen One?. The only problem with that was they needed to get out of the mess they were in and keep Ani?s identity a secret. If they didn?t it would surely mean his imprisonment in order to attempt to harness the immense power the child possessed.

All mental conversations to themselves stopped. Their attention was drawn to the large outer doors of the prison containment center.

Jinn watched as a man or being of medium height entered the prison chamber. His long green/ gray robe flowed obtrusively behind him. Not a very purposeful piece of outerwear thought Jinn as he watched the man who entered,

22. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Xani is the voice of doom about Obi-Wan. Not a good thing to wake up to. Back to the evil Xani I love, though I was enjoying him nice in the other stories. I do enjoy the already evil Ani. If I didn?t have faith in the light side of the force I would have to accept Obi-Wan?s fate also.

[face_devil] Looking forward to Qui-Gon getting out of the forcefields to try contact, but on the downside with the treatment Obi-Wan has received he may not answer. :(

Starting with plenty of questions to get me wondering. :D There are still the force ghosts ;) No one is ever really gone. obviously, I am in denial too. :_|

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    For Me? [face_blush]

Gee, really sorry and all that, aren't they?

24. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    No, our Obi can't be dead! :_|

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If you have not read comics in the EU format then you might not know about Quinlan Vos.

Let's see how Jinn handles Vos. If you are interested in reading about him. Here is a site you can go too.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/

A very good writer from another site used him in one of her stories. I told her I planned to use him in mine. I just didn't want to snake her really cool idea so instead she gave me her blessing to put him in my story!!

I thought you would enjoy someone capable of handling Jinn introduced in this story, and believe me in my reality *VOS* is more than capable and very willing !!!

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.