main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Friends never say Goodbye- One post. (post-TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadawanEstel, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Summary: Obi-Wan reflects on the past week. Angsty stuff.
    Archive: PM me if you want it, please.
    Disclamer: The great George owns it all. I own nothing.
    Rating: G (a little depressing, maybe)
    To my Master-who told me to post this. [face_love]

?Friends Never Say Goodbye?

Oh, Force. It?s been a week. A week since you left me, Master. A week since you abandoned me and left me with this boy. The one you call ?The Chosen One?. I keep wanting to deny it, to tell myself that this is all just a bad dream. But it won?t work. It hurts too bad. Master, why did you do it? Sure, I didn?t want to die, but it is a Jedi?s duty, and I would have done so willingly if it would let you live. I always thought that when I died, it would be in your arms. I never imagined it the other way around. But I guess I must have. I never thought that day would come, but I?ve been dreading it all my life. When I saw your body on the funeral pyre, I thought I would die. Sometimes I wish I did, for then at least we would be together. I thought I would die again in the Council chambers, when you so defiantly declared you would train the boy. Did our long twelve years mean nothing to you? I know that wasn?t true, I asked out of my own bitterness and pain. I know the request of training Anakin was out of your own devotion to duty. I know you cherished those years just as much as I did, and I?m glad. I remember when I was about fourteen. One night I had a nightmare and I couldn?t find you. I awoke, so relived that it was a dream, but was soon sobbing again when I realized that sooner or later, it would turn out to be true. Sensing my distress, you rushed in to comfort me, as you did on many occasions. I remember once you went missing on a solo mission. We had no idea where you were or what condition you were in. I cried myself to sleep in your bed for three nights, only to wake up screaming and find you gone. You came back then, though, and everything was all right. I don?t sleep well now. Every night I see the Sith, sneering at me, taunting me to get to you in time. I see you cut down, the look on your face when you fall. But I take no comfort in waking, for I know it to be true. I remember what you told me, that we are always together. But the emptiness here hurts. I think my spirit died with you that day, Master. The pain is tearing apart what little part of my soul is left. Every night I wake up sweating from nightmares that you aren?t there to calm. I know you?re near me, Master, I just can?t feel you. It?s not your fault, Master, I know that someday we will meet again. Just now it hurts. It hurts so much?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I like it. :)

It shows that Obi-Wan had become very dependant on Qui-Gon, and how hard it was for him to move on when Qui-Gon was no longer there to comfort him in times of distress. Nice work. :)

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That was good ! I liked Obi-wan's thoughts.

4. PadawanEstel

Jan 23, 2004
    Thank you Keeper_of_Swords and jedi_master_ousley. I was really trying to get inside Obi-Wan's head and feel his deapair and heartbreak. I'm glad I did it well!

5. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Very nicely written. Poor Obi-Wan, he is obviously in so much pain, I've always wondered how he was dealing after Qui-Gon's death...

6. DarthYong789

DarthYong789 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2003
    Poor Obi! nice post :)

7. PadawanEstel

Jan 23, 2004
    Thank you, The_Hutt and DarthYong789. "Poor Obi" has become somewhat of a motto! 8-} ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.