main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Silenced.....Is Qui-Gon a clone? Can Obi-Wan find out before the real Qui-Gon is hurt? COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Silenced: Part One
    Authors: Durhelediel and Layren
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to George Lucas and not to us. We just like to torture them a little. lol
    Word from the authors: Well, we?ve done it again, and this time we?re mightily proud of ourselves too. Lol This one just came together nicely and without us killing each other?which we are also proud of. Lol Feel free to comment. We absolutely love feedback!

Chapter One
    Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn frowned deeply as he tripped upon entering his and his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi?s, apartments. His mouth fell open as he surveyed the living room. Trash littered every single square foot of carpet. Obi-Wan was busy in the middle of a pile of what looked like trash, frantically tossing around various objects and muttering "Nope...not that one?nope?not that one either."

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said warningly.

Obi-Wan jerked his head up, his hand paused in the act of tossing another piece of trash, his eyes comically wide. "Um...yes, Master?" He asked, as if nothing was at all amiss.

"What in the Force are you doing?" His eyes strayed over the bowls of popcorn that were overturned in the living room, empty drink cans and wadded piles of datasheets scattered through out the apartment.

Obi-Wan swallowed and slowly lowered his arm. "Um...looking for...something..." He said evasively.

Qui-Gon's gaze narrowed. "What are you looking for that would possibly require the dismantling of our apartment?"

Obi-Wan scratched his head. "Oh, I'd rather not say..."
    "You don't have a choice." Qui-Gon folded his arms over his chest. "What are you looking for?"

Obi-Wan sighed and folded his arms, refusing to look at his master. He mumbled something that sounded like "treaty for Parallie".

Qui-Gon stared at his apprentice. "?Treaty for Parallie??" Comprehension dawned on him. In a remarkably calm voice he said, "You lost my datacard with the treaty on it?"

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "?Lost? is such a broad word, Master....?

"Obi-Wan!!" Qui-Gon exploded. Taking several deep breaths he said, "Go to your room. Don't come out until I come for you. If that is a week from now stay there. Am I understood?"

Obi-Wan finally glanced up. "But, Master, don't you want me to find it?"

Qui-Gon put a hand to his head. He had to go meditate before he really did kill the boy. "How long have you been searching?"

Obi-Wan pressed his lips together but held up five fingers.

"Five what? Hours?" Qui-Gon was aghast. "Go. Now."

Obi-Wan hung his head and angrily kicked at his door as he passed through it. His door closed, but only for a moment. Suddenly, he poked his head out. "It's not like I did it on purpose, Master!"

Qui-Gon's eyes flashed as he looked up from a pile he'd started to dig through. "Where do you last remember having it? I told you strictly to come back and put it on my bed. To find that you lost it implies that you disobeyed my instructions."

"I didn't!" Obi-Wan protested as he entered two steps into the room. "I did place it on your bed. But then Bant and some others came in. We talked and...played around a little and when I glanced in your room it wasn't where I put it. I've been trying to find it ever since."

"You invited friends over without asking?" Qui-Gon's gaze narrowed.

"They just came over...I didn't invite them," Obi-Wan clarified.

"You should have told them to leave! I expect my instructions to be followed, Kenobi. When they are not things like this happen." He took a deep breath to steady himself. "If you will recall, Learner, you were already in trouble for disobedience."

Obi-Wan swallowed at his master?s formal tone. "Yes, Master," he whispered. He turned again to go.

"No. Stop. You stay here and find it. I am amending my instruction. I am going out. Do not under any circumstance leave this apartment until I come back. Am I clear on this?"

Obi-Wan nodded and went into his room quietly, tears running down his cheeks, until his master left. He sat on his bed, quietly crying for a few minutes. Then

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Great start! You have me hooked as a reader! Can't wait to see how confused Obi will get.

3. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, Obi is a smart 'lad' (going with the Irish theme since it's near St Patrick's day), so he'll figure it out eventually. But it does take just a little while for him to sort it all out...once he does...will anyone even believe him? heehee...read more to find out...

4. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Two
    Obi-Wan woke the next day and frantically discovered that he had overslept. He and his master sparred every day first thing bright and early. It was practically noon. He hurriedly shoved his robes on and dashed into the living area...and skidded to a halt. Snoring sounded from his master's room. Scrunching up his face in puzzlement, he tip-toed over to the room and edged the door open. Qui-Gon was sleeping soundly. "Master?"

Qui-Gon slept on, ignoring Obi-Wan. He mumbled something in his sleep and then turned over.

Obi-Wan poked his master. "Master, wake up. We missed our sparring this morning." He shook his head. It was so unlike his master to sleep late.

"Go away. I'm still sleepy." Qui-Gon buried his head in his pillow.

Obi-Wan pushed his master's shoulder. "Master, what am I to do about sparring?"

"Go spar with Master Josel," he mumbled. "Tell him I'll make it up to him later.? He pulled his covers over his head.

Obi-Wan sighed and headed for Kyran Josel's room. He knocked lightly, hoping that his master's friend was in.

"Come in."

Master Kyran Josel poured over information at his living room table and looked up in surprise as Obi-Wan came over alone. "Obi-Wan," he greeted. "Where's Qui-Gon?"

"Sleeping," he growled, plopping down on Kyran's sofa.

"Sleeping?" Kyran blinked in surprise then checked his chrono. "At this hour? Is he feeling alright?"

Obi-Wan shrugged. "I wouldn't know. He was mad at me yesterday and two hours later he acted as if he didn't even know it happened. Then he stayed up real late and now he's sleeping. He missed our sparring this morning and told me to spar with you. Something's just not right." He sighed.

"He told you to spar with me and he's still asleep?" Kyran couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was most unlike his friend. "Well, alright." He turned off his datapad and stretched. "I'll spar with you. L'eryn isn't back from classes yet."

Obi-Wan stood up reluctantly. "Only if you want to, Master Kyran. I could go...meditate or something. I heard Jayla is back from a mission. Maybe I can get her to spar with me since she hasn't chosen a padawan yet."

"No, no. It's fine. But I'll make him pay for getting out of his duties," Kyran grumbled slightly at the way his friend was behaving. "Let's go spar."

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~

Syfo chuckled. His clone was sleeping. Time to see if the real Qui-Gon was awake yet. He sauntered into the room he kept Qui-Gon in adjacent to his lab. "Morning!" He greeted, flipping the lights on.

Qui-Gon blinked as the harsh bright lights flooded the room. "If it is a good morning. I was trying to sleep."

"You've slept long enough, my friend. It's afternoon. You sure do sleep later than I remember you doing," Syfo chuckled.

Qui-Gon rolled his eyes. "I had a little trouble getting to sleep," he said bluntly, reminding the other that always before he'd been sleeping in a bed instead of with his arms chained above his head.

Syfo nodded. "Touché, my friend. Well, have you thought any more about my offer? I know things were quite a shock yesterday. Perhaps sleep has improved it to you."

"Yes, I've thought about it and, no, I won't change my mind. What you suggest is dangerous." His gaze narrowed.

Syfo shrugged. "Just thought I'd ask. Well, perhaps you haven't thought about the fact that there cannot be two Qui-Gon's alive at the same time. So one of you has to go." He eyed Qui-Gon meaningfully.

Qui-Gon twisted in the chains and he smiled tightly. "Release me and I will be happy to get rid of our problem for you."

Syfo laughed. "Not what I had in mind." He gestured and two young women entered. They were identical in all ways, all the way down to the electric whip they carried in their left fists.

"Well I had to offer my suggestions." Qui-Gon eyed the two women. "Clones?" He asked pointedly.

Syfo bowed. "Thank you for noticing. Now, these ladies--whom I call Lora and Dora--are cloned from a personal friend of mine who excels in torture. You see, I still wa

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    [face_shocked] NEW STORY! :D and kyran is back yay!

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoa! 2 Qui-Gons... ummmm wonder if I could borrow one? hehehehe great beginning!!

7. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Jenny, yes another story. lol Actually, Layren and I have alot but I am just now getting around to betaing them. I'll put them up as I finish. And we like Kyran too. :}

Kynstar, no you can't borrow one. lol We hog ALL Qui-Gons. heehee

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter 3
    "Just deal with it. No one will believe him anyway. They'll lock him up so tight under surveillance that you'll have free reign. I want this problem taken care of now!" Syfo barked, then twisted off the communicator. Fuming, he stomped into the room Qui-Gon was being held in. "Your apprentice is more meddlesome than I thought," he complained.

Qui-Gon would've smirked but the thought of moving his lips after they'd been sewn shut made him dizzy. Instead, he merely quirked a brow and let eyes do the talking for him.

Syfo scowled. "I've had to direct the clone of you to have him institutionalized at the Temple. Evidently, he's well on his way to figuring out what's going on and I can't have that. He started yelling and causing a scene. If he can't be contained, I'm afraid I'll have to have your hatred forever, Qui-Gon, because I had to give the clone instructions to kill him if Obi-Wan did anything else."

Qui-Gon glared at him and Force pushed him hard across the room to show his displeasure at the situation.

Syfo flexed his fingers and blue Force lightening danced around them. "Don't toy with me, Qui-Gon, especially in your present...condition. You might find that it'll be very painful for you."

Qui-Gon rolled his eyes then closed them, ignoring Syfo Dias, and started to try to meditate, indicating to the other that he had no intention of discussing the matter any further.

Syfo growled and stomped out. Matters with the apprentice were getting out of hand. But he was sure that Obi-Wan would not be much of a problem to deal with because the clone of Qui-Gon was skilled in the dark side of the Force. The boy was in way over his head.

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~

"Hello, Obi-Wan," A cheerful, smiling young healer came in as was the routine to ask him how his day had been. "How are you feeling this evening?" She walked over to him and fixed his sheets that had half fallen off the bed.

Obi-Wan glared at her through his drugs. His mind was fuzzy and he had no idea how long he had been here. Once again, he tried to make someone see reason. "I'm not crazy! You've got to let me out of here! Master Qui-Gon is in serious danger!"

"Obi-Wan, please calm down. Don't hurt yourself. I just asked you if you?d had a nice day. No reason to bite my head off. I've brought you dinner." She indicated a tray laden down with food.

Obi-Wan glared at her still. "I don't want dinner!! I Want Out! I need to find Master Qui-Gon! Please, you've got to believe me!"

The young healer rolled her eyes. That was all this boy could talk about. "What are you talking about, Kenobi? Your Master brought you here. He's not in any danger."

"That's not my master! How many times do I have to say it!! I need help to get to him." His fuzzy head made talking difficult. "Please..." he whispered.

"Shh. Just relax, Obi-Wan. Relax and eat." She held a bite of his favorite dish to entice him to eat.

Obi-Wan pressed his lips together. "No. Not until you let me go."

The healer apprentice lost her temper. "By the Force, Obi-Wan, you know I can't do that! Eat!"

Obi-Wan did not respond, only turned his head to the side.

The healer apprentice stomped out, taking the food with her. "You'll get hungry later. I'll check back."

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~

"Know this for certain, do you?" Master Yoda asked Kyran.

"Yes, Master Yoda, I am certain. Obi-Wan is not insane and there is no reason for Qui-Gon to have locked him away. Qui-Gon is missing. I feel it from our bond."

Master Yoda exchanged a look with the other Jedi Council members. "Need more before releasing Obi-Wan we can. Investigate this fully we will. Stay you will near the Temple for word."

"What more do you need?" Kyran asked barely keeping his temper in check. "Qui-Gon would not have under any circumstances had Obi-Wan locked away were he thinking and acting like normal."

Yoda stared at Kyran. "Normal acting Obi-Wan is not. Investigate his claims we will. Respect you will the decision by the Council."

Kyran gritted his teeth but bowed to th

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Bloody wenches... clones or not the gals are gonna pay!

Glad that help will soon be on the way! Funny about Obi being put in the ward! *snrk*

And what?! You won't share an extra Qui?? *sniffles* WAAAAAA! (hehehe)

10. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Poor Obi. Poor Qui. I hope Syfo pays for his crimes. And those twins too. No man should ever have to go through that pain.

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    We rather thought that putting Obi-Wan in a ward was funny too. lol We laughed really hard the entire time we were writing that scene, no joke. :}

The girls will pay...or will they?

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter 4
    Obi-Wan swam in a sea of fuzzy faces and dim lights. His wrists began to chaff from being tied up "for his own safety" but he no longer noticed. He could barely remember his own name with the drugs they had him on, let alone why he was there. He cried often, wanting his master, but whenever Qui-Gon visited he would flinch away, not remembering why.

Kyran crept as silently as a wraith into Obi-Wan's room and glanced down at the youth who was bound to the bed. "Obi-Wan," he said softly, touching the boy's face gently.

Obi-Wan heard a distorted voice calling his name and jerked. He blinked, trying to focus through the haze of drugs. The face was familiar...but he couldn't place the name. All he remembered was that this was a friend. He whimpered, "Get me outta here," though not entirely sure why he wanted out so badly.

Kyran gently undid the straps that bound him and lifted him in his strong arms. "I am. We're going after your master. Come on."

Obi-Wan sighed gratefully and let himself be carried out to a pretty young woman. She was glancing up and down the corridor. "Hurry," she hissed, placing one of her shoulders underneath his to support some of his weight. "The nurse will be coming back soon."

Kyran blushed slightly. "No, she won't."

Jayla glanced over at him. "What do you mean, 'no, she won't'?" She groaned. "What did you do now?"

Kyran blushed even more. "Nothing! I just put her in a healing trance." He said defensively. "She'll be very healthy when she wakes up."

Jayla smothered a laugh. "Well, someone will be by...I can feel it in the Force that someone is coming. Hurry." She helped Kyran support Obi-Wan all the way back to Kyran's quarters, ignoring the odd looks they got in the Temple since Obi-Wan was mostly nude. Gently, they set him down on the couch. "Now, what do we do with him? They've got him drugged to the skies!" She said, exasperated. "He's in no condition to go after his master this way.?

"Get him something to eat first, Jayla, and I've got something that will help him." He blushed again. "I won't leave him here. If Qui-Gon's clone finds him here..." He trailed off and shook his head.

Jayla nodded and rushed to his kitchen. He was always good for an unhealthy snack or two right above the cooling unit. Ah, there it was. She pulled down an assortment of sweets and then returned to Obi-Wan. As she enticed him to eat, she called out to Kyran, "Get him some clothes while you're at it. Once he becomes fully aware he might get embarrassed around me like this." She chuckled.

Kyran arched a brow and handed the boy an extra pair of pants and a tunic that he'd stolen from the boy's room when Qui-Gon was out. "Already taken care of. Here." He handed the clothes to Obi-Wan.

She looked at Kyran like he was crazy. "What? You want me to dress him? He can't even stand in his present condition."

"Fine. Then leave the room for a moment while I do it. " Gently he assisted the boy up once Jayla had gone and helped him pull on his clothes. "There. That's better."

Jayla decided to see what Kyran had in his medical cabinet. She pawed through a few bottles of medicine when she spotted something that she thought would help speed up Obi-Wan's recovery from the drugs. She stared at the label as she entered the living room again. "Kyran, what in the galaxy are you doing with a bottle of wixanthime?"

The faint blush appeared in his cheeks again. "I?uh?borrowed it from the Mental Ward."

She gave him a look that he knew from their experiences together meant that she wasn't exactly buying it. "Well, this will help him recover nicely. Find time to use it with Qui-Gon lately, have you? It's recent."

"No. I'm going to put it back when I'm done with it. I just knew Obi-Wan would be drugged. Now don't question me." He loaded some of the substance into an syringe and gently injected the boy in a place where he thought it would hurt the least?his stomach.

Jayla shook her head but held her tongue until after Obi-Wan was injected and then laid him on the couch.

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Another chappy! Showdown with cloney! Get'em!

G'luck Obi in finding the real Master!

14. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    ::laughs:: Well, it's always nice to have an enthusiastic reader. :}

15. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter 5
    Kyran flew back and slammed hard into the wall behind him. Force lightening. He cursed violently, then narrowed his gaze as he stared at the clone, panting. "That's not very manly. Leaning on lightening is a crutch."

The clone laughed. "But it works so well. See, now you are against the wall and I have room to attack you." So saying, he spun a lightsaber that looked nothing like the original Qui-Gon's into his hands and lit it. It was pale yellow. "Shall we?" He asked sardonically.

Kyran panted for breath and his gaze narrowed at the clone. He began to circle with him. He opened the battle by attacking first with a feint.

The clone easily blocked the feint. "Oh, don't insult me," he taunted.

Kyran rolled his eyes, then launched a flurry of attacks, pushing the clone back towards the wall.

The clone began to lose a little ground as Kyran kept up his attack. Scowling, the clone spun, blocked, then shot out a stream of Force lightening, catching Kyran in the side.

Kyran cried out as the lightening burned into him and he panted for breath, trying very hard not to pass out. He had to give Obi-Wan time. He winced and put his hand to his side. He narrowed his eyes. "Using that crutch again."

"It's a nice crutch and seems to work on you very effectively. Now, are you going to spar or just play with me?" The clone sneered, suddenly seeming not at all like who he looked like.

Kyran looked startled at the look on the clone's face for it was a look of pure hate that he'd never ever seen Qui-Gon wear before. He pushed himself up from the wall and then tossed the lightsaber to the floor. "Let's get rid of all crutches, shall we?"

The clone grinned evilly. "I'd have it no other way," he said as he tossed his lightsaber to the ground as well. He danced around a little on the balls of his feet and then jabbed at Kyran.

Kyran smirked and grabbed his wrist to neatly flip him over. "Glad to hear it."

The clone looked completely taken by surprise as he found himself on the ground. "Wha-?" Scowling, he quickly jumped to his feet and spun a leg around to sweep Kyran's legs out from under him.

Kyran leapt up and over, and grabbed the clone in a headlock before he could turn around. "Getting a bit slow old friend."

"As you already know, I'm not your friend!" The clone grabbed him from behind his armpits and slung him, back first, against the wall.

Kyran groaned as he hit the wall hard, the breath knocked from his lungs. He fell to the floor and tried to regain the air that had been knocked out of him.

The clone gave an evil laugh. "Poor Kyran fell down!" He leaped in the air and landed hard on Kyran's chest. Something inside snapped.

Kyran cried out, feeling one of his ribs break. He had to destroy the clone before he was killed--but how to do that with a broken rib he had no idea. He put a hand to his side, wincing deeply at the pain.

The clone stood up and put his hands on his hips, clearly pleased with himself. He bent down to pick up his lightsaber. "Now to finish this slight problem of you and take care of my troublesome padawan." He ignited the yellow blade and stood over Kyran, gazing down into Kyran's eyes.

Kyran saw the blade coming towards his neck. He called his saber to him and had it ignited in an instant, thrusting it into the clone's stomach. "I don't think so." He smiled tightly.

The clone's eyes widened and he sucked in a deep breath. His lightsaber tumbled from his lifeless fingers and he crumpled to the ground...to reveal Mace Windu standing, horror-stricken, at the sight. "Kyran!" He gasped.

Kyran inhaled sharply, then wished he hadn't as his ribs hurt. He got up holding his ribs. "Mace, this isn't what it looks like. Qui-Gon was a clone. Please, trust me." He groaned at the pain in his side. "Sith. Ow."

Mace's face hardened and he marched up to Kyran, jerking him by the arm. "The only thing I saw was you murdering your best friend, Kyran Josel! We're going straight to the Jedi Council about this!" He pulled out his comlink. "I nee

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Cooooool old fashion fist fight & wrestling! hehehe that was good :D

Uhoh about Obi being captured! And Kyran being detained. At least a few believe the story. Ummm wonder who's down below? Hmmmm

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    THE COUNCIL SUCKS!

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar, yes we thought a good ol' fight would be nice for a change. And I'll have to start on that new fic tomorrow. But the new fic will be soon, I promise.

Jenny, yes we think so too. lol

19. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter 6
    Jayla was idly flipping through a holochannel when Obi-Wan's call hit her. She immediately jumped up and raced out of the Temple. Jumping in her speeder, she zoomed toward the place that Kyran had directed them to, hoping that she wasn't too late.

~~ ~~~~~ ~~

Kyran gritted his teeth as they pushed him into one of the cells at the basement levels. He sighed deeply and sat on the small cot in the other side of the small room. Now what?

"Oh my...the galaxy must be tilted...is that esteemed Jedi Master Kyran Josel, friend to Qui-Gon Jinn, that I see in here with me in my humble home?" A snide voice from a few cells away commented.

"Shut up, W'Go." Kyran growled at him. "I didn't come to visit you."

W'go chuckled. "Oh, but at least now I have some company. Say...you wouldn't want to come share a cell with me, would you?"

"No. I think I'd rather rot in my own cell, thank you kindly," Kyran spat at the fallen Jedi. W?go had been a member of the Jedi Council?until he had tried to sexually violate Qui-Gon when he was younger. He and Qui-Gon had discovered that W?go had a history of such behavior and had met the sister of one of the young Jedi that W?go had violated, Lana Marks. Lana was now a good friend to them both and W?go was stuck down in a cell that cut off the Force for a very long time.

"Aw...you don't know what you're missing..." W'go coaxed. "Don't be such a spoil sport, Kyran. I can make it worth your while, though I'd rather have Qui-Gon or his wonderful padawan."

"Too bad. You can't have him. I killed him."

W'go's laughter abruptly choked off. After a stunned silence, he said, "I would laugh, but somehow I think that you're telling the truth...from a certain point of view."

"You're correct. From a certain point of view." Kyran leaned against the wall and sighed. Why, oh why did the Council put him in the same hall as the psycho who'd assaulted his best friend years before? "This seems to be the cells where they take those who've hurt Qui-Gon. Does each knight have a designated hallway, or am I just lucky?"

"Just lucky," came the snide remark. Suddenly, W'go whistled. "Looking good, Lana! Come on over here and give me a hug! Or a kiss! Or something a little more, though I prefer Qui-Gon..."

Lana Marks' husky voice could be heard as she bit off a few obscenities and then said, "Go stungun yourself, W'go."

"Shut up, W'Go." Kyran stood and went to the bars of his cell and grasped Lana's hands. "Lana. You shouldn't be here."

Lana smiled at him, tears gathered in her eyes. "Well, word travels fast, especially by a mysteriously anonymous call from the Temple. I had to see you. I had to know what happened and I had to hear it from you."

Kyran frowned wondering who called her. He looked away. "According to the Council, I murdered my best friend." His gaze darkened. "The Qui-Gon I killed was a clone." Seeing the stunned look in her eyes he hurriedly filled her in on everything that had happened in the last few days. "Qui-Gon, when we fought, broke two of my ribs and attacked me with Force lightening. That was not Qui-Gon. I could feel it from our bond and through his behavior," he said in a rush, his eyes begging her to believe him.

Lana thought for a moment and then slowly squeezed his hand. "I believe you," she whispered. "So what's being done about finding Qui-Gon? Where's Obi-Wan?"

"The Council is doing nothing but sitting on their hands investigating," he said bitterly. "I took matters into my own hands. I could not in good conscience sit on them after Qui-Gon called out through our link telling me his lips had been sewn shut. I had to rescue Obi-Wan from the Mental ward." He blushed slightly at that.

Lana about choked. "Mental Ward? Obi-Wan? He's the most sensible Jedi so far I've ever met. Sometimes I wonder how in this galaxy he ever got to be Qui-Gon's padawan!" She blinked. "And Qui-Gon's lips were...sewn shut?!" She felt faint.

"Yes." His gaze darkened in anger. "All for a pile of credits." He cursed. "He was in so much pain

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I've read all your other stories now :)

22. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow, Jenny, I feel special. Even the poem? Even the ones on fanfiction.net? Wow....

23. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter 7
    Obi-Wan coughed and winced at the taste of bacta. He had only been in the tank for two hours but his master was still floating in there. He did not envy him the bad and lingering taste in his mouth that he would have once he got out. Suddenly, he turned to see Kyran Josel standing beside him. He smiled warmly. "Master Kyran, glad to see that they've let you out."

"It's nice to be out. I was stuck down in the basement with W'Go. He can't carry a tune in a bucket if it was handed to him." He rolled his eyes. "Glad to see you doing better, Obi-Wan.? His eyes strayed to Qui-Gon. "What have they said about your Master?"

Obi-Wan sobered. "He'll heal...but it'll take many more bacta treatments and some surgery if he wants to avoid bad scarring." Dryly, he added, "He'll just love that."

Kyran frowned at that. "How long will he have to stay here?" He queried.

Obi-Wan shrugged. "Master Han'yaie isn't quite certain yet. At least a fortnight."

Kyran winced at that. "That long? What about you? When do you get to leave?"

Obi-Wan grinned. "Tomorrow morning. My lightsaber burn wasn't really that deep, it just nicked a vein."

"Ahh, you were lucky then. For once." He smirked at the apprentice. "When will he be able to come out of the tank?"

Now Obi-Wan sighed. "Not until tomorrow. They have him in an induced healing trance to try to speed the process along, seeing as how his hatred for staying in the Healers is legendary." He chuckled.

Kyran laughed slightly remembering a time where Qui-Gon had tried to unsuccessfully escape the Healer's wing, causing the chief healer, Han?yaie, to tie him to a bed.*

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "Han'yaie thinks that Knight Jayla should be waking soon. Just in case you'd like to see her, she's in the third Recovery room. I think I should warn you...they have bacta bandages wrapped all over her since Force lightening makes skin too tender to just dunk in a tank."

Kyran sobered at that. "Good. I?ll go see her. You take care and listen to Han'yaie. I'm going to check on Jayla. I'll be back."

Obi-Wan smiled sadly as he watched Kyran walk away, and then turned to monitor his master's presence in the Force.

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~

Kyran sat in a chair next to Jayla's bed and held her hand tightly. How many times had he been here in this position, he wondered. Whenever she was ill or injured, and that had been too many times to count in her youth. He studied her, waiting for her to awaken. She was older now. A grown woman and a fully trained Jedi knight. He smiled sadly at the thought.

Jayla slowly came awake. Her body woke first and pain barely numbed by expert Healers pounded for attention. She barely sighed and then opened her eyes. To her surprise, her old master was sitting beside her, holding her hand. "Master Kyran?" She said in a whisper.

"Mmmhm. How are you feeling?" He asked gently, squeezing her hand.

She groaned. "Like a bantha herd stampeded over me. I assume everything came out well??

"Yes. Qui-Gon is in healing and Obi-Wan will be let out tomorrow. The Healers say you'll have to stay awhile."

Jayla groaned again. "Can I ask a favor, Kyran?"

"What's that, young one?" He asked using the affectionate term for her that he'd never grown out of using.

Jayla tried to laugh. "Get me out of here!"

Kyran laughed. "Sorry. I can't do that. Obi-Wan was a special exception." He grinned.

Jayla pouted, a comical sight on her older face. "I suppose I'll have to stay here then. Could I ask a different favor then?"

He smirked at her. "Depends on the favor."

She smiled. "Come visit me? And perhaps bring me some food other than the junk they'll give me here?"

"That I can do. I'll go alert the Healers that you're awake." He headed out of the room to find Han'yaie and deliver his message.

~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~

Kyran headed for Jayla's room. It had been two days now and she had been healing nicely. He wanted to check with her to see if she needed help getting out of the Healer's Ward--which he doubted--and then he

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yes i went over to fanfiction.net and read the starting of part 2 of this story and all the other stories there :D

25. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow, I guess the only thing I can say to that is...I HAVE A FAN!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!! ::clears throat:: Who was that masked man anyway? lol

Be sure to check out both Layren's, mine, and ours together, if you hadn't already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.