main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends gift for the loyal (Sabewan starts in JA and will end in ep III)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: Gift for the loyal
    Summery: Obi Wan finds his soulmate
    Disclaimer: Characters belong to George Lucas and Jude Watson I am juts putting them through the wringer then put them back where I found them
    Spoilers: JA books

The Jedi council were encircled around Obi Wan Kenobi. The young padawan stood in the centre, trying not to look as nervous as he felt. He didn't understand why he had been called here.
    Finally Mace Windu stared straight at him, and began the meeting.
    "Obi Wan do you know why you have been called before us?"
    The question took the boy off guard, he mentally ran down a checklist of possible reasons but could find nothing that would warrant his being called before the council.
    Strangely he felt that she *should* know something.
    Mutely he shook his head, he wasn't comforted as Mace Windu leaned back in his chair, relieved.
    "It has come to our attention that a bond has been formed" Mace began, glancing at the other members.
    "Since birth this bond has been created" Yoda interrupted and Obi Wan transfered his attention to the tiny master.
    "A bond?" Obi Wan asked the collected group, then sneaking a glance at his Master Qui Gon, who stood by his side sombre and silent.
    "Does everyone know something I don't?" The boy burst out at last, feeling adrift and alone. Normally he would never speak out of turn but he knew that he needed to know in his time not theirs.
    Mace didn't comment on Obi Wan's outburst
    "You have formed a bond with another being, you will begin to understand more as you grow"
    Obi Wan opened his mouth to speak but how could he, what could he say? How could he form a bond with someone he had not met? Besides that it was forbidden to form an attachment to anyone outside the temple.
    "Masters I feel no bond" He knew how he felt, surely he would know if someone shared half his soul.
    "You will, the bond is stronger then most. A bond of love this strong cannot be broken" Mace informed him,
    The code suddenly appeared in Obi Wan's mind, A jedi shall not love, the rules he had followed all his life and now he was breaking one of them without even being aware of it.
    "What does it mean and how can I supress it?" Obi Wan wanted to know, pushing ahead, there had to be something he could do. Yoda sighed deeply he knew Obi Wan was trying to find Jedi logic but here there was no Jedi logic.
    "You're soul has been bonded with another Obi Wan" Adi Gallia said for the first time. "As time goes by the bond will play a bigger part in your life, you may feel a sharp pain in your heart or a presence in your mind at times. There is nothing to fear with this. It is natural"
    'Not for me' Obi Wan thought sullenly.
    He turned to the windows, he looked lost and alone and a little like a martyr.
    "Will I have to leave?"
    Mace cleared his throat. "In ordinary circumstances we would not condone a relationship such as this but this cannot be avoided"
    Obi Wan didn't turn so Mace handed the text docs to Qui Gon. "Here's the details of the soulbond" In unison master and apprentice bowed and left the council room.

2. jedi-chaz-windu

jedi-chaz-windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2004
    looks ok... could you please rate mine its under yours.
    jedi-chaz-windu

3. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Ahh you stole my Bond idea! :p lol

Nice start but i dont read Sabewans :(

4. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Nice begining. I can't wait for more. How old is Obi right now?

5. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

At the moment Obi Wan is fourteen

The data discs hadn't moved from the table where Qui Gon had set them down hours before. He had hoped that Obi Wan would have looked at them by now, but he wasnt even curious.
    Qui Gon finished his tea, deciding that he had stayed out of the way long enough. He found Obi Wan sprawled over his bed, several text books and holocubes were littered around him;his eyes remained on the pages but Qui Gon could tell that he wasn't paying any attention to them.
    "Obi Wan" he announced his presence quietly, laying the tone of the conversations.
    "Don't you even want to know her name?" He asked. Obi Wan mutely shook his head.
    "Many people strive to find such a gift; finding that one person who is the other half of themselves"
    "I don't. Neither do the Jedi" Obi Wan answered shortly.
    Qui Gon took a seat at the desk and flipped open the holodisk; he scanned the biography.
    "Her name's Sabe and she lives on the planet Naboo" he knew Obi Wan was listening with half an ear-it was impossible not to.
    "Does she know her life has just been ruined?" Obi Wan asked dejectedly.
    Qui Gon chuckled. "Probably not she is only seven years old"
    Obi Wan's eyes sparked. "I'm soulmated with someone who's seven years my junior?"
    "When you are older the age difference will not be such a problem" Qui Gon assured him.
    "Master do I have to do anything?" he looked at his master then away then back. "I mean do I have to meet her or pledge myself to her?"
    Qui Gon considered, he himself had never found love of this sort, he wasn't compleatly sure what would happen to Obi Wan or this young Sabe.
    "You don't have to meet her I suppose but I am guessing as you grow so will the bond and so the choice may not be your own"
    He paused as he realized Obi Wan was crying, not hysterical or loudly just quiet sobs through clenched teeth, rising Qui Gon hugged him close and kissed the spiky hair upon his head.
    "I just wanted to be a Jedi" the padawan gasped. "I just wanted to make you proud"
    "And you will" Qui Gon assured him. He picked up the rest of the infomation and handed it to obi Wan. For a long time the boy didn't move but then he took the disks in his own hands and grasped this new destiny.

6. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

It began slowly, or at least Obi Wan couldn't pinpoint when the pain began, but he knew it was intense. Curling into a ball he closed his eyes and fisted his bedclothes trying to get an even breath. The pain radiated from his heart and for one moment he feared he was having a heart attack but the pain wasn't his own it was someone else's.

Through the haze Obi Wan tried to take deep even breathes.
    'it's okay, it's alright' the nonverbal words were not from him; or they weren't conciously from the padawan. Obi Wan could not speak but he could think and right now his thoughts remained on the person he was sharinf the pain with.
    'And this was just part of the pain' he knew whoever was getting the full brunt of the pain must be dying.
    Sabe

The thought grasped him and he knew with absolute certainty that the person experiencing the pain was her. The girl who was his other half. He knew it as he knew his own name. The desire to soothe the pain not only for himself but for the one person whom he loved was overwhemling.

'please, please be okay'

Again the non verbal thought but it eased the pain and whoever recieved it eased their pain.

'It hurts so much' the mental voice on the other end replied meekly.

'I know but you're stronger' Obi Wan replied gently, wishing he could see the person who was speaking inside his head.

The pain eased slightly and Obi Wan felt her spirit rest-alongside his own. The peaceful waves of her being eased his own pain until the only trace of the pain was a faint ache.

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Brill story i love sabewan romances,the only thing that get's me that there is alway's a sad ending.

8. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very nicely done! I don't usually read Sabewan stuff, but I liked this!

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    no new post ?

10. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Sabe was strong and smart, even for a seven year old. She knew all sorts of things, except this.
    Grown ups often acted strangely around Sabe, talking as if she couldn't understand them but this time she didn't.
    The two strangers were Jedi. Sabe knew about the Jedi, the stories of the heroics of the order was well respected on Naboo.
    She didn't know why they had come here though, there was relative peace and the king hadn't sent for them either.
    They were here about Sabe.
    She knew that she wasn't force sensitive, she had been tested when she was a baby and she had been below the average, but they were here about her she was sure.

"There is little infomation on this type of bond" the female Jedi was saying. She was tall and stately and beautiful and had the prettiest, kind eyes Sabe had ever seen.
    "But how could a bond be created bewteen them if they have never met?" her mother's voice asked.
    The two Jedi exchanged a glance.
    "We don't know. Many believe those who are soulmates have survived many different lives and as such they reconise each other"
    Sabe frowned from her hiding place. She didn't know about any bond, only that her heart sometimes hurt, not when she had run fast or anything, it was something inside her heart a sort of tugging. Was that the bond the Jedi were talking about?
    She took a glance around the living area, but she didn't reconise anyone but her parents, whoever she was supposed to reconise wasn't here.

"It is your choice of course but we wish to bring Sabe back to Coruscant to meet Obi Wan, we feel that it would benefit the both of them" the Jedi lady continued, her tone soothing.
    Sabe backed into a corner, she didn't want to go to Coruscant, and meet someone she didn't know.
    "What will happen when they are older?" Sabe's father asked tightly.
    "The bond will grow with them they will become attuned to each other's thoughts and feelings and may even develop a telepathic link."
    Sabe frowned again, she had heard a voice in her head earlier, when she had fallen down the stairs, the voice had helped her and calmed her down.

"Shouldn't be wait until they are older?" Sabe's mother asked. "Sabe is only seven she won't understand what she's feeling"
    The Jedi nodded, reluctantly Sabe thought.
    "If that is your wish"

No one spoke to Sabe about the meeting and Sabe knew better then to ask. As the years passed by she even forgot about it, and the whisper in her head became little more then a memory.

11. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    briallent hope for more soon.

12. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Okay I need help, I read the rules but I'm still not sure. The next part of this fic will be in TPM and I was wondering whether I had to post it in the saga or continue on this thread?

13. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

That would be inter trilogy i think, just keep it here or post all your posts into the saga board whatever takes your fancy, you do have to pick one our the other, if you inform all your readers about the change into the saga then you'll keep your old and get some new me thinks, sabewan if alive again [smiles like git]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.