main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Vacation (Humor, Qui and Obi) **COMPLETED 4/15/04**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Here's my newest story. This is part 1. There are 2 other parts to follow that will be posted this week. Thanks for reading!

TITLE: Vacation
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Humor. Pre-TPM. Obi-Wan is 13. Non-Slash. Vacation time for Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    and Bren.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    JOIN MY EWAN-LIAM MAILING LIST: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EwanLiam2/
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

=========
    Vacation
    =========

The morning after the ordeal that was Brazo's speeder brought with it a sick trio of Jedi. Bren showed up at the Jinn-Kenobi quarters for a late breakfast, only to find the pair still in their beds. She stole a glance at the apprentice first. Obi-Wan was curled up in the middle of his bed, huddled under four blankets. His face and chest were hot to the touch. She imagined that he felt as bad as she did, but without any remaining energy to get out of bed. Next she went to check on Qui-Gon, who was in the same position as Obi-Wan. Curled into several blankets and feverish.

Her mind wandered. All she could think of was seeking revenge on Brazo for the adventures from the day before. The day from hell. "You'll pay for this, Brazo. You and that thing you have the nerve to call a speeder."

Qui-Gon stirred slightly as he heard the familiar voice. "Huh? Bren?"

She wandered over to the bed and spoke softly. "Sorry, Qui-Gon. Didn't mean to wake you. I was just plotting my revenge on Brazo for leaving us like this. I bet he's sleeping like a baby right now. No fever. No cough. No exhaustion. He must pay."

"I promised Obi-Wan no more revenge. I don't have the energy to seek revenge anyway. You can do it."

"Soon. Very soon. Come on, you need to get up. Eat something."

"No, I'm fine."

"Get up, Qui-Gon."

He knew better than to bicker with her over this. Glancing up, he saw that she felt as he did, but she was fighting it. "Women are not stronger," he mumbled. "Okay, I'm getting up."

"Keep the male chauvinism to yourself this morning. Come on. I'll help you into the common area."

Qui-Gon began staggering down the short hallway, but stopped before the door to Obi-Wan's room. "Is he dying too?"

"We all are. He's curled up asleep. We'll look after him in a bit. Let's get you moving first."

Bren deposited Qui-Gon on the couch and brought him a large glass of cold baja juice.

"I can't drink this stuff. Too sweet. I need a nice cup of hot tea."

"No. You need to drink cold liquids. Tea will just exhaust you even more. Drink it or I will pour it down your throat."

He knew her threats were real and decided he was too weak to push any further. So he sipped the juice while Bren cooked up a small breakfast.

~*~

Not long after, Obi-Wan awoke and dragged himself out of his room, moaning the entire time. He found Qui-Gon sprawled out on the couch, half asleep. "Masterrrrrr. I don't feel good. Can I seek revenge on Master Brazo for this? Please? Just this once?"

Qui-Gon opened his eyes and tried to focus them on the small form that had just taken up residence on the large chair nearby. "No revenge. Only...revenge."

"Huh?"

"I said no you can't revenge him. There is only revenge."

"Oh, right."

Bren wandered over with a glass of juice for Obi-Wan. He drank it without a fuss. "You want more, kid?"

"Yes, please. Makes me feel better. At least for a few minutes it does. Master you need to drink this."

"I am dying. Leave me alone."

"I'd hug you right now, but I can't bring my legs to move into a vertical position. Sorry to disappoint you, Master."

"The one time in my life w

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehe! Yoda in a thong! *snrk* hehehe

Glad to see another story!! Well done! Can't wait for another postie! I still love the mall story though the best! hehehehe

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Great as always OTK :D Ah, your humour stories always bring a smile to my face...and much hysterical giggling too ;)

Looking forward to more :D

4. Antigone

Antigone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    ::giggles::

Ah, Obi, I adore your fics. Hehe. Can't wait for more.

I think I own a pair of those sunglasses - in pink too!

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    You guys are quick! Thanks for reading! I have such a great time writing this version of Qui and Obi. I'm glad you guys enjoy reading about them.

Part 2 should be out tomorrow. Thanks!

If anyone is intersted in reading my stories on a mailing list, a list that's for Ewan and Liam fans (a discussion list, not just for fan fiction), come join us here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EwanLiam2/

Obi

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait for the next update. I'm a relative newcomer to these boards, but the incredibly talented writers here keep me coming back!

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was adorable. I can just picture those three in line at the nearest food store. Can you imagine what people behind them are thinking??? LOL.

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Diane, always great to hear from ya! Vader, welcome to the boards. I dont get here as often as I like, but there are some fantastic writers here that I really enjoy as well.

So, here's part 2 for you guys! Thanks!

Part 2

Back at the cabin, Obi-Wan stashed away his souvenirs and prepared again to head out to the beach. Before his master had a chance to critique his choice of clothing, the boy was out the door, flying across the sand and diving head first into the ocean waves. Qui-Gon
    and Bren took a much slower pace as they softly strolled onto the sand.

Poking his head out of the water just to see if his master was on the beach yet, Obi-Wan spotted Qui-Gon and had to submerge himself to keep from laughing out loud. Qui-Gon was all decked out in his beach clothes. Flip Flips. White nose cream. Neon green sunglasses. Bright flowered shorts. Big floppy straw hat. And a beach bag thrown over one shoulder. Bren was with him carrying two chairs, but trailing slightly behind. Distancing herself from all the stares that were flooding their way.

Qui-Gon found the perfect spot, removed his towel from the bag and laid it out meticulously on the hot sand. Bren followed with the chairs, placing them next to the towel. "You going in the water, Stretch?"

"Not until Obi-Wan has come down a few notches. I'm not in the mood for a game of Dunk the Master."

"But he's so cute out there. Look at him. Having a ball. He's made friends already."

"He in all his paleness."

~*~

The week progressed. Obi-Wan established a pattern of eating breakfast and then spending hours on the beach and in the water. Bren was amazed that the boy had not been sunburned several times over by now. Qui-Gon on the other hand, spent most of his time at the beach under an umbrella. Protected from the powerful sun. He resisted the oceans call until midway through the vacation. The pleading eyes of his apprentice and the gentle waves of the day finally lured him off the beach and into the water.

Hours later, master and apprentice emerged wrinkled but happy. Qui-Gon was relaxed and joking with Obi-Wan as the younger Jedi rambled on about why Master Yoda hated the water. When they arrived back at the cabin to find Bren lounging on the sun deck, it was then that they noticed.

"Master, you look a bit red. I think maybe you got sunburned."

Bren hopped up to examine. "He's right. Didn't you use sun block? You did buy some, didn't you?"

"Uh, well..."

"Master, you are gonna look like a raccoon in the morning. Your nose is gonna be as white as a ghost. No wait. Ghosts are blue. Um, as white as a sheet. Yeah, that's it. Why did you buy sun block for your nose but not for the rest of your body?"

"You sidetracked me with your council souvenirs."

"Oh no, Qui." Bren corrected. "Don't blame the kid for this one. You bought all this other stuff. Thong shoes and flower pants, but nothing for sunburn. The bright colors must have gone to your head. You are going to pay for this tomorrow. Ouch."

Qui-Gon gave a grunt and walked into the house. "Someone could have reminded me," he mumbled as he escaped into the bathroom.

~*~

The next morning, Qui-Gon refused to remove himself from his bed. He seemed content to lie there and moan about how sore his entire body was. Bren gave up on him and made a quick escape to the store to see about some type of cream or ointment to help the burn.

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door causing the big master to stir and raise his head. "Whoever it is, go away."

Obi-Wan poked his head around the corner of the doorway. "Hi, Master. Do you need anything?"

"No. Just quiet."

"You know, this is what you get for making fun of my pale body all the time. I think this is the Force's way of getting revenge."

"Obi-Wan. Out. Now. Please. Go play in the ocean."

The boy was now standing at his master's bedside. "Are you sure you don't need anything?"

"I am positive. Please go away."

"Okay," he shrugged. "But if y

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhhh so sweet!!! Pady got Master a gift! *snrk*

Great work! :D Loving it! and the Master G'Mee Hugg was juz hilarious!! hehehehehe Juz too good!

10. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Hey Obi! This is awesome! ::Laughs hysterically:: Keep up the great work!!! :D -RK

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon found the perfect spot, removed his towel from the bag and laid it out meticulously on the hot sand. Bren followed with the chairs, placing them next to the towel. "You going in the water, Stretch?"

Great name for the glorious tall one. I'm surprised he's so shy about going in the water, he wasn't nearly as shy in Rob Roy, LOL! Great story, I look forward to more!

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks everyone! Your fun comments are just the perfect thing to read first thing in the morning at work. Thanks for reading!

And now we'll wrap up the story with part 3!

Part 3

When they arrived at the restaurant, Brazo and Mari had already been seated at a table for seven. Qui-Gon looked at Brazo. Brazo looked at Qui-Gon. Bren, Obi-Wan and Mari had to do a double take. Both Jedi were wearing the exact same shirt. The only difference was that Brazo's actually fit him correctly.

"See, Master. Great minds think alike."

Bren laughed. "Brazo, did you by any chance happen to get that in a store with a lady clerk who told you that ALL the Jedi were wearing those?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Ask the kid, here. You two look so colorful. This is nice. Hi, Mari."

Returning the greeting, Mari then shared a rolled eyes greeting with Bren as they all sat down. "Have you met Nev's lady friend?" she asked.

"Oh, yes. She...interesting. Not really his type, but what is his type anyway? Ah, there they are now. And um...oh, this is too much." She waved at Nev and G'mee across the room. Nev waved back and pointed to the table. They made their way over. Bren had to turn away to laugh without them noticing. Nev was also wearing the same shirt that Brazo and Qui-Gon had on. "Excuse me, I have to go to the ladies room. I'll be right back." And she walked away in a fight of laughter. Loud laughter. Eyes from the entire restaurant followed her until she vanished around the corner.

Nev was the first one to speak up. "Brazo, Qui-Gon. Nice shirt. That lady wasn't joking when she said all the Jedi were wearing this. Although I never thought, Qui-Gon, that I'd find you in a shirt like this."

"Blame, Obi-Wan."

"Master! You said you liked it."

"I said it was thoughtful of you. I don't recall me ever voicing the words, 'I like it.' But I can deal with this. I can. Nev, who is your friend?" He said, directing a nod towards the blonde woman standing next to the mind healer.

"This is G'mee Hugg. Master G'mee Hugg. She and I have been seeing each other for a couple months now." Nev noticed Kenobi about to jump out of his seat. "Problem, Obi-Wan?" And then realization came over him. "Oh, the name. I knew you'd like that."

"Can I?"

Qui-Gon decided he'd better stop this before it turned into something worse than just an eagerness to hug. "Master G'mee, you'll have to excuse my apprentice. He has a slight obsession with mush. He loves to hug. And any word that even closely resembles the words 'hug' or 'mush' he perks up."

"Qui-Gon," Nev chimed in, "Saying that Obi-Wan has a 'slight' obsession is like saying that Mace has a 'slight' obsession with hairless legs. G'mee, I have been Obi-Wan's personal counselor for a year now. He has a problem. Mush takes over his life. It rules his life. He needs hugs like we need oxygen. Like helops need water. He's...well, he's a pathetic life form."

"Wow. A PLF in the flesh. I've never seen one of those." G'mee held her face in all seriousness as she responded to Nev.

Obi-Wan frowned. His desire to hug Master Hugg was no longer controlling him. He began his protest as Nev and G'mee sat down. "Wait a minute. There are only two people in this galaxy permitted to call me a pathetic life form. You are not one of them. I resent that. Now, the only way that you'll be able to make this up to me, and take back your insult is to hug me. So, take your pick. Obi's good side, or Obi's bad side."

"What's the difference?"

"Trust me, G'mee, his bad side is relentless. More so than his good side. Good means he hugs. Bad means he talks. Constantly. Qui-Gon is the unfortunate soul to have to live with both sides of the boy. I see mainly the good side, unless I am in a session with him. It narrows down to being hugged or yapped. Choose hug. Choose life."

"Aww, Mr. Nev, you put that so nicely. Why can't you be this calm in our therapy sessions? The last time you hid in your closet until I got b

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweeeet!!!! Ahhhhh! Loved it!!!! It was totally! I still liked:
    Qui-Gon's turn came in the shower. He was in the bathroom far too long for Obi-Wan's grumbling stomach. "Master, today would be nice. I know you can hear my stomach through the door. It's talking to you. It needs food. Now. You can curl your hair later. You are in there doing your sexy Qui dance. I can hear your feet moving. Your food doesn't care what you look like, Master."

I love the sexy Qui dance that he does in one of your other stories in those particular boxer shorts!! *snrk* hehehe great work!

14. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Cute and amusing as always OTK :D It's so amazing how you can write this uber hyperactive Obi and then a far more sensitive, angsty Obi too :) Always a joy to read your work and I can't wait for more! ^_^

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys! So happy that you enjoyed another tale of Mouthy Obi and Nutty Qui. :D Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment. Much appreciated!

Obi

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. I love the mouthy Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and Bren's relationship.... Stretch...LOL. Good going. Hope to see more of them!

17. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
    "It says they come in mild, hot, 911 and death by fire."

I cracked up when I heard that one.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah Talonah, I got a good laugh out of that one too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.