main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pushing Me Away - co-written with Shaindl - Complete 10/3!!!! No way!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    title: Pushing Me Away

authors: Shaindl and obi_ew

timeframe: pre-TPM

Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn and Xanatos Chiyari.

genre: AU and angst

summary: Former Jedi Xanatos Chiyari finds himself embroiled in the lives of the Jedi he least wanted or expected to see again. He will be forced to make a choice between clinging to past wrongs, or doing what is right to aid a young man he has grown to care for.

notes: Special hugs to the talented Shanobi for putting this wonderful bunny out there for some lucky person to adopt. We hope we can do it proud. :)

No idea how often this will be updated. We both have several other projects in the works.

Thanks to Linkin Park for the title. ;)

Cross your fingers and toes! :) Posty up in a few.

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Coruscant?s sun began to descend, the city becoming a prism of bright lights and flashing neon signs. The array of colors streamed through the half closed blinds that adorned a window of the impressive Jedi Temple. The beams seemed to be drawn to the figure who sat crossed legged in the center of the room. They danced their way across the room, caressing the pale alluring features and turning the spiked golden hair into a halo of light.

Oblivious to the picture he painted to the casual observer, Obi-Wan Kenobi sat hunched over the data. Brow furrowed in concentration, he appeared to be intent on absorbing the information contained there. The elegantly formed fingers of one hand gracefully caressed the edge of the plasta sheet as he read, the other being worried on by white slightly crooked teeth.

Qui-Gon Jinn entered the living area of their apartment and paused to study his apprentice. A look of affection creased the Jedi Master?s chiseled features, a corner of his mouth lifting. It was difficult to believe that the confident young man who sat before him was once an awkward and insecure boy. A boy full of anger and impatience who had almost lost his chance to become a Jedi knight. A boy that Qui-Gon had made every effort to push away before he became too attached.

A chuckle rumbled in the warrior?s broad chest at the thought. He knew that he had done an impressive job of pushing the boy away, at times his treatment bordering on being cruel. It had done him no good. The tenacious child had clung to him with the strength of a rancor. Tearing down the frozen barriers the Jedi Master had built around his bruised and battered heart. Barriers he had erected after being betrayed by he whose name was no longer spoken.

Brushing off the stab of pain just the casual thought of his fallen apprentice could still cause, Qui-Gon made his way over to the chair that sat behind Obi-Wan. Taking a seat, he rested his head against the back of it and watched as the lights continued to play amongst the silken strands of the young man?s reddish gold hair.

"You?ve been engrossed in that data for some time Padawan. What do you make of it?" he inquired, knowing he would receive a perceptive answer.

Obi-Wan pushed himself to his knees and turned around to face his mentor. Settling back on his haunches the eighteen year old proceeded to share his observations in the elegant Deep Core accent that was always able to soothe Qui-Gon?s frazzled nerves.

"I think it is safe to say that someone with Force powers and perhaps even some level of training is behind the cultivation of these crystals. If they are indeed being used to manufacture lightsabres it could mean trouble for the galaxy," Obi-Wan mused, a frown of concentration wrinkling his forehead. "Something about this entire situation seems....wrong somehow."

"How do you mean?" Qui-Gon asked with open curiosity. His apprentice was much more in tune with the Unifying Force and was often able to see connections that would other wise be missed.

Obi-Wan?s gaze took on a distant look as spoke slowly. "I can?t really explain Master. It?s just a feeling I?m getting. I?m not certain that whoever is behind this has sinister motives in mind."

Qui-Gon was genuinely surprised by the reply. The Jedi had been hearing rumors that someone was mining crystals on the planet Sempris. What was not so clear was who was responsible and what their reasoning was. The Council had decided to send a team to investigate. He and his apprentice left in the morning.

"If your senses are right and we are dealing with an individual who has had some training, there is the possibility that they hold a grudge against the Order. The Council is concerned that we could have an angry failed Jedi on our hands who intends to begin waging a war against us," he shared in serious tones.

The alluring features grew even more troubled at the revelation. Setting the data sheet aside, Obi-Wan studied his mentor with bright intelligent eyes.

"Has the Council run a list of names through the computers?

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Damn. I forgot how high you like to set the bar. I hope I can keep up with you. Lovely post, like I told you.

Thanks, Shan, for letting us play with your ideas. Like OE said, I hope we can do you proud. :)

Shaindl

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Another Qui & Obi adventure! GREAT!!! THANKS FOR IT!!
    Great post! I love the last bit about him thanking the Force for opening his eyes before it was too late. Great play of words! :D :D Can't wait for the next chappy!

5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, now look what we have here. A colaboration.

I think it is an easy guess that Xanatos is behind the digging. ( fallen Jedi+ mining+ lightsaber cristals => Xan)

Just hard to believe that he only wants to build a new saber instead of something sinister. But I'm willing to trust Obi-Wan in this. Most of the time he is right.

But if they are forced to work with one another in your developing fic, it will be hard for them to trust each other and overcome hard feelings. This should be indead very interesting.

[face_love] Vadey

6. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Wow, great start Obi_ew! I love the descriptions you offer, especially those of our favorite padawan. I think we all kind of winced when Obi-Wan mentioned those who had been shipped off to agri-corps; I can see how Obi-Wan would always feel uncomfortable with that brief time period when he was assigned to be a farmer and he felt all of his dreams to be a knight slipping away. I how Qui-Gon recognized this discomfort and reassured Obi. Anyways,great first post, and while I wasn't fond of Xanatos in the books, I love reading what you authors do with him here on the forums, and I'm excited to read about him in this thread. Great writing style, and thanks Shan for the PB!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY YAY YAY YAY SOME THING NEW..SOME THING NEW!!!!!!!!!

OHH I'M LOVING THIS STORY ALL READY :D

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    That was so beautiful, I think I might cry.

Or throw up. Obi-gon, mush, ewww. :p

What I'd like to know is why Obi-Wan would think someone would manufacture lightsabers if not for evil purposes. Maybe just to have a fun toy to play with? Hmmm, I'm intrigued.

9. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    OOooh...Ooooh... an Obi and Xani fic!!

I'm doing a happy dance just thinking about it. [face_love]

10. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Yay! :D It's an obi-ew/Shaindl collaboration!!

It makes me happy!!

*settles in with popcorn for the ride*

I love this opening, it quickly set up a very father/son relationship between Qui and Obi as well as getting us ready for the action to come...

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this one...

Great start, obi-ew! :)

Oh, and of course I have to mention the title... (Brilliant! :D)

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yaaay! A new story! *tosses confetti*

:D

This one looks like it'll be a great ride. :D

12. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Great start.

I can't wait for more! :)

13. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    As if the two of you could disappoint [face_laugh] Funny.

Anywho, wow - what a wonderful start. What a warm loving caring relationship between master and apprentice. I'm glad Qui told Obi how he feels - why do I get the feeling that he will be very glad he did as well?

Oh, what we do to these boys! And what fun it is :D I can't wait to see how this develops and am so psyched to see it up so soon!

Adding Xan to the mix always makes things interesting - especially when you two are doing the writing ;) Can't wait to see how this all unfolds. And by all means, take your time. I'm barely keeping up with your other fics :)

Hmmmm, lightsaber crystals. Interesting ;)

--shan

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    As he made his way past the chair Qui-Gon sat on, the Jedi Master grabbed his arm and brought him to a halt. A reddish gold eyebrow lifted in curiosity at the action. Qui-Gon glanced up at his apprentice, his blue eyes filled with warmth and unconcealed affection.

"I?m very proud of the man you've become Padawan. You know that don?t you? Even if I am often remiss in telling you so?? he inquired with all seriousness.

Of course, I liked the mushy Master/Padawan interaction the best!!! LOL... Glad you started this and I'm sure it will be wonderful. I'm prepared for a bumpy ride however, knowing you two!

Keep going.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, after reading something of this caliber I feel like a monkey at a typewriter! Thanks a lot! But wonderfully done, good for you! (she says with jealousy) I can't wait to see where this goes. Love having Qui-Gon around and Obi? Well what's not to like!

16. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I wanted to mention some of the passages that really caught my eye, but looking over it, there are too many! [face_blush] Great description, especially of our hero! [face_love] And good introspection into Qui-Gon's character, as well. Fantastic start. I can't wait for more from two of my very favorite authors! :D

That is, if Shaindl remembers to post, in her old age and all.... [face_devil]

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'd bite you for saying that, LE, but I can't seem to find my dentures... :D

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    There! Do you see that? Do you see?! LE called Shaindl old! She's the one who started the old people nonsense, not me!

Of course, I didn't really help things by running with it :p but still! It's her fault!

btw, Shaindl - OE borrowed your dentures for her great search for the MIA Ben'al Houk. [face_mischief]

19. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Just a quick note to let ya know I'm lurking around this story. Loved the descriptions of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan!

20. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    *drags in armchair*

I'll be here for the duration. :D

Great start o_e!!

Nem :)

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    but still! It's her fault!

Notice I don't deny it. 8-}

22. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    shandl and obi_ew? when will GL come to realize that if he had put those two together for script-writting he would not only have the entire world at it's knees but he'd be a million times richer? i can just imagine the wall street journal's front page:
    move over gates and ikea man
    authors going by the alias' shandl and obi_ew have risen to create an empire like one never seen before. based completely on stories they both write, Mush, Gore and everything in between(i'm sure you guys would come up with a better name) has left the former richest people on earth in the dust. their book have ben flying off the shelves so fast the authors are seriously considering to create a publishing company for the sole purpose to print their books. More on page A2 :p

23. Desimir

Desimir Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2003
    Jinn's alive in this one? :eek:

24. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I am so thrilled you two are taking on Shanobi's little bunny. Way back when she asked us to vote on her next fic, this was the storyline I chose, so I am very excited to see it show up and to have it written by two of my favorite authors just makes it that much better! :)

I loved the beginning and the way you portrayed the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon oe. I will definitely be looking forward to updates on this fic. :D

Oh, and whoever started this "old lady" stuff better knock it off, I am older than both of these two youngsters. :mad:

;)

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Old... what's that? Being 31.. well actually my epitomy on age was... you're old when ya long gone and buried. But then again aren't you dead then? Oh well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.