main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Heart's Sedition Please Read! New post up 06/10/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Star Wars

Episode I

Heart's Sedition

Peace has ruled the galaxy for over thousands of generations, greatly due to the efforts of the Jedi Knights, valiant warriors and guardians to the Republic. However, it is my feeling that these long years of peace have brought us to a point of stagnation. Darkness does not long sleep and the light grows tired. It has been longer still that the Sith once threatened our peace, destroying themselves in their bid for power.

I and my colleague, Obi-Wan Kenobi, believe that begun is a new uprising. One that has been made possible by a lone survivor of the days of the Sith Wars. Disturbances beyond the outer rim, whisper of sedition and those seeking to bring down the Republic. Along with the rumors are tells tales of rogue Jedi with red lightsabers, dissecting all who come in their path. We have yet to discover what the Sith's plans are and I'm growing too Temple bound to be any good to Kenobi.

Therefore, Obi-Wan is taking what hopefully appears as a sabbatical to the planet Naboo, in the hopes of recruiting one of our number back into the fold. We are acting alone. The Council of Jedi do not yet know of our investigations and we are loath to bring it before a hearing until we have proof of what only the Force has whispered to us.

I fear that everything weighs on whether Kenobi is successful. If he were to venture into the outer rim alone, he could be killed, kidnaped, or any number of things and without the proper Jedi communications, I would never know. And even with his apprentice at his side it would be difficult. I just hope that his skills of negotiation have not disintegrated while he has been long in the field.

It has been four years since the Clone Wars devastated the galaxy and Kenobi who was in the brunt of the fighting has been long to recover from it. Desperate times approach us, with the weight of the galaxy heavy on our shoulders. Every move we make is a tick on the chrono counting down to our trial.

All rests on Kenobi and his success upon Naboo.

In the Year of the Republic 20,973
    Taken from the Datapad of
    Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn

The Palace on Naboo hardly seemed to be distinguishable from the rest of the green landscape of Naboo on the first glance, surrounded by waterfalls, and with it's high green domes, it seemed to blend right into it's existence. To Anakin Skywalker, it was the first thing that caught his attention as he entered the atmosphere and commed his flight path. It was where his heart resided even if he was rarely at home.

It had been nearly a month since he had been home, having attended a diplomatic conference for Padme so that one of them could be watching the twins. A smile turned up the corners of his lips as he thought of the twins, Luke and Leia, little versions of he and Padme. Luke with Padme's gentle manner and Leia with her father's fiery spirit. He was glad that he would be coming home in the light hours when the two three-year-olds would be awake. He wondered how much they had grown, if Luke had convinced Padme into letting him start flight training, if Leia was still giving out orders to all the house staff, trying to look as imperious as her mother.

Switching on his communications system, he dialed the frequency to the docking bay and requested landing information. His little cruiser didn't hold quite the speed he had wanted from it and he'd promised Luke that he could help tweak a little more power out of it. He brought the cruiser down with practiced ease and cycled the repulsors off before popping the hatch and ejecting himself from the cockpit.

Outside was Drent Awf, a Dresslian who had come to Naboo, after the siege of his planet during the Clone Wars. Padme had offered sanction to all those who wished to move from their war torn planet and Anakin and Drent had quickly taken with each other. Both sharing a certain fixation on anything mechanical.

Anakin handed his helmet to Drent while giving the Dresslian a welcoming smile. ?Hey, Drent.?

2. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Whoa!! This is fantastic! Very original as well. Count me in for this one.. :)

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I've been thinking for some time that a lot of trouble could have been avoided if Anakin had simply chosen to leave the Jedi to stay with Padme. They wouldn't have stopped him.

This is intriguing. Loved the humor of the last line!

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Opal

Whoa!! This is fantastic! Very original as well. Count me in for this one..

I try to find new ways of telling a story, so thanks.

Mistress_Renata

I've been thinking for some time that a lot of trouble could have been avoided if Anakin had simply chosen to leave the Jedi to stay with Padme. They wouldn't have stopped him.

This is intriguing. Loved the humor of the last line!

It's always been one of the things I've wondered if he had left if things would have been as bad. Palpatine, I believe would have still tried to sway Anakin to his side.

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  6. Darth_Bunny

Darth_Bunny Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    Fascinating. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Up!

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Darth_Bunny

Fascinating. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Up!

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It took almost to the end for me to realize that you have them as agemates. I can't wait to see what you do witht this.

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    PadawanKitara
    Thanks. I always wondered what it would be like to have Anakin and Obi-Wan the same age.

Patient: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Healer: Lynryal de Artiz
    Finding: Patient has successfully healed from all wounds received during the war, with little
    permanent damage. However, there are mental scars that remain deeply imbedded, ones which he
    refuses to acknowledge.
    Recommendation: Temporary leave of all duties, save those to his apprentice, Slell Redav.
    Treatment: Sleeping agent.

Taken from the
    Medical Files of
    Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

He had known from the beginning that this was a bad idea, had tried to convince Qui-Gon that there
    was another Jedi they could approach with the information that they had gathered. That it need not
    be Anakin that they disturbed. Qui-Gon had plead his case well, convincing Obi-Wan that Anakin
    was the only one likely to believe such insubstantial evidence and that they needed someone
    connected to the Jedi but not necessarily a Jedi in case something terrible happened, and Obi-Wan
    a very disappointed Slell back on Coruscant.

?What did you just say?? Anakin questioned, his eyes looking as though he had recently decided to
    mimic a Mon Calamari.

It was a look that Obi-Wan once upon a time would have teased Anakin about shamelessly, but this
    was not the time for such levity nor did he and Anakin share the type of relationship where his
    teasing would be received with amused annoyance. Times had changed and Anakin with them.
    Gone was the traumatized man that had left the Jedi four years ago and in it's place was a well
    adjusted Anakin Skywalker.

Despite himself, Obi-Wan felt a tight shaft of jealousy towards his old friend and an equal amount
    of anger. The very same feelings that had catapulted their argument into the severing of their
    relationship. Apparently, the anger had never truly been driven away. After the wars, Obi-Wan had
    been just as lost as Anakin, had suffered greatly at the devastation he'd wrecked during those arduous
    years. The fact that Anakin had thought otherwise had been another element leading up to the
    thermal detonator from hell that had destroyed a lifetime friendship.

?The Sith,? Obi-Wan whispered back, afraid to snap it out as loudly as he had previously. ?Qui-Gon
    and I have been feeling a disturbance in the Force, a disturbance we've been able to track to the Outer
    Rim. And I need you by my side, Anakin.?

For a moment the other man scowled at him, his light eyebrows drawn tight together. ?Obi-Wan,
    the Sith haven't existed for thousands of years. Now suddenly you and Jinn pick up this strange
    disturbance and you hitch the nearest shuttle to Naboo??

?It isn't suddenly,? Obi-Wan admitted, sounding defeated. ?We've been sensing something was
    wrong since a couple of seasons after the Cessation of Hostilities was called for the wars. Whenever
    I've been off Coruscant, there's been all sorts of rumors flying. I need you to come with me to
    Tatooine to either validate or debunk these rumors.?

?So after three years of leaving me out of this particular situation, you find you need me?? Anakin
    asked snidely, bringing the glass to his lips to knock back another dose of whiskey.

Reaching out with lightning reflexes, Obi-Wan snatched the glass from Anakin's finger. ?Are you
    angry with me for coming too late or too early or for coming at all??

Anakin headed off towards the liquor cabinet again and pulled another glass tipping the whiskey into
    it. ?I don't know pick one,? Anakin said, drinking with exaggerated care.

?Oh, really mature, Anakin,? Obi-Wan said, unthinkingly sipping at his pilfered drink.

?You know, why don't you get the hell out of my house, Obi-Wan,? Anakin sneered. ?I remember
    quite distinctly what you thought of me the last time we saw each other and that hasn?t seemed to
    changed.?

Obi-Wan swallowed the last bit of amber liquid before smiling maliciously at Anakin. ?If you'd
    remember Anakin, it's you who abandons those in need no

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Love how you threw in the comment about the damn fool idealistic crusade ;)

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    PadawanKitara

Love how you threw in the comment about the damn fool idealistic crusade

It's oneof my favorite lines in "A New Hope".

12. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    That was a really fun post. I love how you make mention of as many characters as you can (I laughed at the little Zahn and Jade references), and the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin was priceless.

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Opal

That was a really fun post. I love how you make mention of as many characters as you can (I laughed at the little Zahn and Jade references), and the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin was priceless

Zahn was a homage to my favorite writer of Star Wars but don't count Jade out.

14. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Master Enceri: Master Jinn and Apprentice Kenobi, Master Windu and Apprentice Skywalker, you have been called under the probationary board for the misconduct of Apprentices Kenobi and Skywalker. This is not the first time that these two young men have come before us and we'd like to see that it is the last.

Apprentice Skywalker: Like that's going to happen.

Apprentice Kenobi: Anakin...

Master Windu: Padawan silence your tongue.

Apprentice Skywalker: Yes, Master.

Master Jinn: Mace and myself have spoken with the boys and I assure you the incident will not occur again.

Master Enceri: They were found inside a pub which age limits restrict their entrance and they had been fighting. I'm afraid that they are both far to reckless to continue in their training.

Apprentice Skywalker: It wasn't Obi-Wan's fault. You can't expel him.

Master Enceri: Then you deny these accusations.

Apprentice Skywalker: Well not so much deny, but I do have mitigating testimony.

Master Enceri: And that would be.

Apprentice Skywalker: We didn't start the fight.

Taken from the Transcripts
    of the Probationary Board
    Council of Jedi

Hitting a Togorian in the face is like slamming your first into permecrete, Anakin mused as he belted the nearest Togorian to him. The large hunk of gnarled flesh barely moved and Anakin was sure he had nearly shattered his fist on the catlike jaw. He grasped it to dull the pain and nearly got his head shorn of his shoulders as he belatedly dunked a swat from one of the angry Togorian's friends.

?Aren't you armed?? Obi-Wan called over to him as he too dodged a razor like claw. He had his lightsaber handle in hand but not yet ignited.

Anakin pulled his pistol from it's hip holster, cursing himself for not remembering it earlier, and set it for stun. I just hope it will penetrate that hide, he thought as he carefully aimed and shot an electric blue pulse at an onrushing Togorian.

The Togorian fell in a heap of matted fur, muscles spasming but not getting up to join the fray. ?Sorry, friend, wish things were different,? he muttered as he took aim again.

He worked back to back with Obi-Wan, weaving and dodging together. Obi-Wan's blue light blade had sprung to life and was now deflecting any blaster fire that the Togorian's sent their way. He'd forgotten what it was like to see a real swordsman at work. Anakin, himself, rarely wore his lightsaber any more, occasionally bringing it out for simple exercises. Those movements in retrospect appeared to be the awkward stumblings of a lunatic compared to the graceful flow of Obi-Wan's strikes.

Dispelling this thought, Anakin brought his attention to the fight. They were clearly outnumbered, for every one Togorian Anakin stunned two rose in its place. ?Where's your diplomatic flare?? he shot back at Obi-Wan as together they turned long enough for Obi-Wan to deflect several lances of red light.

?Do they look diplomatic to you?? Obi-Wan countered loudly. ?Jump!? he commanded not even a breath later. Anakin gathered strength in his legs and pushed while Obi-Wan dropped , kicking a leg out and spilling one of the Togorians to his feet. Anakin shot a stun blast to the creatures chest.

Anakin spun, snapping out his heal and catching another of the pressing Togorians on his chin. Thankfully, this was far more effective then the results he'd acquired with his fists. He reached out to the Force, snatching on to that tentative connection like a life tether. Previously, he'd only drawn open it to sense another beings intentions or when checking on Luke and Leia. It had been years since he had used it in a fight and sudden rush of exhilaration passed through him.

He hadn?t felt like this since before the war, when the bulk of the Jedi?s duties consisted of trying to negate war, not participate in it. It was rather likely the one or both of them could be killed in this attack, but at the moment he just took joy in the thrill of the Force. A energy pulsed between he and Obi-Wan and

16. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Ooo. Interesting indeed! :D I like where this is going!

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan21

Ooo. Interesting indeed! I like where this is going!

Thanks.

18. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wow! This story sounds very intriguing! I love the idea of having Obi-Wan and Anakin as childhood friends rather than master and apprentice. Can't wait for more!!

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Knight_Aragorn

Wow! This story sounds very intriguing! I love the idea of having Obi-Wan and Anakin as childhood friends rather than master and apprentice. Can't wait for more!!

I'll try to have another post up soon.

20. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    I love all the detail and suspense that you weave into your stories. It makes you one of my favorite authors on these boards.

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Opal

I love all the detail and suspense that you weave into your stories. It makes you one of my favorite authors on these boards

I think I need to blush.

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  25. ZaraValinor