main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Serenity, Heartache, and Surprises" (complete) (Obi-Wan/OC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leandrastar2000, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    THIS STORY IS ALTERNATE UNIVERSE AND HAS MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER MELIDA IN IT. THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY THAN ?The Cold Reveals?. THE ONLY CONNECTION THESE TWO STORIES HAVE IS THAT THEY HAVE THE SAME CHARACTERS IN THEM. THE STORY LINE IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE. THIS STORY FEATURES QUI-GON JINN. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ALL ASPECTS OF THE FORCE, SO SOME OF MY CHARACTERS MAY USE THE FORCE IN WAYS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN HEARD OF BEFORE. LET?S JUST CHALK THOSE THINGS UP TO CREATIVE PEROGITIVE AND NOT DWELL ON THEM. HOPE YOU LIKE IT, NOW ON TO THE STORY.

Title: Serenity, Heartache, and Surprises

Author: LeandraStar2000

Summary: The death of a Jedi Master brings many surprises to Qui-Gon. He finds that there is more to his apprentice than meets the eye.

Disclaimer: All things Star Wars belong to George Lucas and LucasFilms Ltd.. No money is being made and no copyright infringement is intended. This story was created for purely entertainment purposes.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Qui-Gon Jinn stood looking out the view port of the shuttle as it approached the blue-green planet below. The planet was called Serenity, but his mission here was anything but serene. His mission was to make funeral arrangements for a fallen Jedi Master and bring her injured apprentice back to the temple for eventual reassignment. He was not looking forward to the meeting. He did not know the young Padawan Melida Rodan, but he had known her Master, Cera Lon.

Cera Lon and Melida had been sent to Serenity to investigate pirate raids on the small peaceful planet. Apparently, they had gotten too close for comfort for the pirates and so they had retaliated by attacking an outlying colony settlement in one of the planets sparsely populated areas. Cera and Melida had fought along side the villagers, Cera sacrificing herself to save a group of small children. Melida had run to her Master?s side, but could not reach her before the killing blow was struck. She had taken down the pirate who had struck her Master down, but not before he got in one last blow for himself opening a gash in Melida?s left side. Melida had continued to fight, helping to save the village and gaining the information Serenity?s government needed to head off the pirate attacks. Now, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were here to perform the funeral rights for Cera and deliver Melida safely back to the temple.

As they approached the capital city of Serena, Qui-Gon glanced at his own Padawan seated in the copilot?s chair. Obi-Wan Kenobi had grown into a handsome and strong young man in the years that he had spent as Qui-Gon?s apprentice. At twenty, Obi-Wan had lost many of his boyish tendencies. His patience and control had improved much and, Qui-Gon mused, he would soon be ready to face the trials.

Qui-Gon was worried about his Padawan. He had been unusually quiet on this trip. He knew that Obi-Wan knew Melida, that the two apprentices were friends, but he had not known that they were as close as they seemed to be. Obi-Wan was very concerned for Melida, that much Qui-Gon could sense. What bothered him the most was the fact that Obi-Wan had totally shut himself off from Qui-Gon, almost as if he were focused elsewhere.

?The Governor assured me that Melida is being well cared for Obi-Wan. She is almost completely recovered from her injuries.? Qui-Gon said seeing the worry and strain on his Padawan?s face.

?I?m sure Melida is recovering from her physical injuries very well Master. I am more concerned about her emotional injuries. I have been your Padawan for seven years now, and I know what your death would do to me. Melida was Master Lon?s Padawan for ten years and I can only imagine what she is going through right now. My mind will not be eased until I can look into her eyes and know that she is going to be all right.? Obi-Wan said turning to look at his Master, knowing that Qui-Gon was trying to ease his anxiety.

Qui-Gon was a little surprised at his apprentice?s response. ?You and Melida are the same

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I LOVED this story! Qui-Gon with TWO apprentices? How cool is that? I loved the pairing of Obi-Wan and Melida, they were perfect together. You have a real talent and your stories are touching and well written! I can't wait to see more of your work on these boards!

Obi-Wan?s wife.? He said out loud, letting the words sink in, hoping that saying them out loud would make them make sense. How could Obi-Wan have a wife for two years and he not know about it. It seemed impossible. Of course it seemed impossible to him that Obi-Wan even knew what being a husband entailed, but it was obvious he did. Obi-Wan had not even flinched at Melida?s proposal of children. In fact, Qui-Gon had sensed the same desire for fatherhood in Obi-Wan that Melida radiated for motherhood. The two were in sync in every way, that much was obvious to anyone who opened their eyes and paid attention. They loved each other deeply.

I loved this insight Qui-Gon has into the bond shared between Obi-Wan and Melida. Again, great job!

3. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Thanks VadarLVR64, I am really glad you liked this story. Until just recently I have been weary of sharing any of my writings with anyone. So, knowing someone enjoyed my story is very satisfying. Thanks again.

4. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    This was beautifully written and a nice twist to the the Canon storyline. I loved it.

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS SO CUTE! I love that Obi-Wan was married and he had a daughter! I always wonder how he would be different if he had his own family!

6. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Just a post to see if I can get some new readers.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww it is sweet! I liked how the name popped in Qui's head (well so to speak! hehehe)

Great work! :D :D loved the interactions between the 3!

8. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Thanks Kynstar glad you liked it. Would like to see more new readers. I am working on a story now for the Beyond the Saga forum. This one features Luke and an original character. Don't know how good it will be, but I'm giving it a try.

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Brillant,as your story's always are.

10. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Upping this story in hopes of gaining new readers. Thanks to everyone who has read and enjoyed it. I have a new story up on the Beyond The Saga Forum. Go check it out.

11. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I think I liked this one even more>
    Great Job. Loved the name, but poor Qua-Gon, two apprentices and now a baby. WOW

*green_eyes*

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great story. =D=

Qui is gonna have his hands full with the Kenobi family.

13. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Sorry it took so long to post responses here. I have neglected my older stories for too long and I am going to try and rectify that.

green_eyes: Glad you liked this one so much. I thought it would be interesting to see Qui-Gon's reaction to his apprentice not acting like he expected him to.

JediMaster_Jen: Yes indeed Qui-Gon will have hands full with the Kenobis, but I am sure he will enjoy every minute of it.

14. leandrastar2000

May 6, 2004
    Giving this a bump up in hopes of attracting some new readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.