main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: The Phantom Menace of Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter: Episode 0 through 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Viridian, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Viridian

Darth_Viridian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Ok, so the thread title sucks, I couldn't think of a title for this one, but I got the idea when I reread my favorite Star Wars novel the other day. Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter is really the prequal to Eposode One, but it's filled with original characters, and Darth Maul, if you've never read Darth Maul: Shadow hunter than you probably shouldn't read this, as it will pick up......

SPOILER WARNING!
    SPOILER WARNING!
    SPOILER WARNING!

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ STAR WARS: SHADOW HUNTER READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK!

... as this fan fic will pick up right when things went bad for the heroes of the novel. I was thinking how sad I was when the main characters died, and decided to write my own version, basically of Episode One, that assumes the characters from DMSH survived.

Now, I don't have any official permission, but I don't plan on making profit from this so don't sue me, this is really just to keep me undeprest, as this particular novel tends to do to me, and letting others enjoy my work at the same time. My Word software is down, so theres no way for me to spell check my work other than reading over it (which I will do), so please excuse any speeling errors. Thanks for your time, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter One

Darth Maul had to admit, for a Padawan, the girl was good. She was going to die, naturally, but he had to admire the skill she had been forced to aquire in order to rival him in any form of combat. Her movements were completely in tune with the force, every motion perfectly executed, if she had been facing any other opponent she might even have been successful. It was really somewhat tradgic. If it hadn't been for that coward of a Niemodian Monchar, none of his remaining targets, who had proved to be the bulk of the assignment, would even be on his hit list. Intruiguing how some things worked out.

His continued thinking, something he didn't really like doing in the first place, had allowed the apprintice a good unprotected shot at his midsecion. A good opening however, had no hold on Maul's instincts, and he had flipped well out of saber reach by the time the padawan had taken advantage of it. Maul mentally sighed. It had been an almost perfect chance for her to take him, maybe she wasn't as skilled as he'd originally thought. She certainly wasn't as powerful as her master, but that was to be expected. She did, however, feel like one approaching her knighthood, perhaps she had been preping for her last trials recently. As for the smuggler, Lorn Paven, and his droid, there was no sign. The girl had shoved them into one of the shed's utility rooms and scrambled the locks, buying time for them, useless time, time that would ultimately find her dead, and the Sith cutting the door that stood between the him and his Prey to peices, then they would die. Why did she fight for them so pationately? Why were the jedi so insistant upon thier absolute determination to protect anyone and everyone for as long as possible?

His thoughts were again interupted as the girl found another possible instance to take the offensive, which Maul quickly stole from her. It was really a shame, she had talent, but as long as she rmeined so in tune with the force, she could only hold the defensive possitions. Darth Maul, on th other hand, knew how to maintain ballance between to much use of the force, and to little. If he allowed it to rule him, his instincts would only allow him to defend, but if he used just the right amount of concious desisions, he was able to make offensive attacks.

Left, right, left right. This was begining to get a little redundant, it was time to end this pointless entertainment. He allowed himself a smile, the Jedi had been a welcome inclusion into this mission. He was possative the padawan and her master had been unable to make contact with the temple, so in all this, he had taken out his primary target, finished off all but the few secondaries this padawan was protecting, and had killed two Jedi in the

2. Darth_Viridian

Apr 30, 2004
    This was initially all part of one HUGE chapter, but I ended up breadking it into three smaller ones for posting convieniance. Enjoy chapter two, the next two will come shortly.

Chapter two

Darsha Assant leapt over to his side, and gave Obi-wan the fiercest hug she could manage despite the pain he felt threatening to overwhelm her, he felt that her rib was indeed broken. Despite her happiness however, Obi-wan frowned slightly as he stared at the broken cieling of the building. It had to have been a Sith, it had been terrifying, the red and black tatooe'd design on his face, the ten horns atop his head, the double-bladed lightsaber! He glanced over at Darsha, she looked tired, what had she been through?

"You look tired," he commented, "where's Master Bondara?" Even as he spoke the words he felt the pain they caused Jedi Assant. He let her out of the friendly embrace and placed a comradly hand on her shoulder.

"He died buying us time," she stated with suprising calm, it appeared that she'd already had a while to accept her masters fate. So instead of persuing the matter he changed the subject.

"We?" Darsha's eyes went wide.

"Lorn!" she cried and ran toward one of the Carbon Freezing chambers. She waved her hand and the door opened, letting out a protocol Droid and a man who, upon exeting grabbed Darsha up with a hug.

"Don't you ever do anything that again!" he yelled, the anger and concearn on his face suprised Obi-wan, "what were you thinking! How did you expect to take that Sith on your own!" Darsha only smiled. The man, whom Obi-wan could only assume was this mysterious Lorn, smiled back. "That makes me wonder, I lost site of you in there, how did you kill him?"

"It would appear," the droid stated, "that no one died in this building, and that, while I hold considerable respect for Padawan Assant, she was aided in this matter." Only upon the droids words did the man seam to notice Obi-wan, his face dropped to a near sneer. That certainly wasn't the kind of look Obi-wan usually recieved when he'd helped rescue someone.

"This is Jedi Padawan Obi-wan Kenobi," Darsha replied, walking back towards him casually. Just a Padawan, "he's the closest thing I have to a friend in the temple."

"What?" the droid said in what Obi-wan could swear was mock astonishment, "closer than even us!" Lorn cracked a grin.

"Come on, we've only known the girl for about fourty-eight hours, thanks by the way for keeping her safe," Lorn stated grudgingly. What was his problem? Darsha seamed to have picked up where this was going, because she gave Lorn a pleading look that made him shrug and walk towards the male Jedi.

"Lorn," Darsha said, "meet Obi-wan Kenobi. Obi-wan, Lorn Paven." The two shook hands.

"That was quite an impressive entrance you created Padawan Kenobi," the droid stated, "if you hadn't come when you did I would have been forced to activate the Carbon Freezing chamber, and to put it mildly, I did not enjoy our chances of survival should that have happened."

"Your welcome," Obi-wan shrugged, pulling his com link from his belt. "Master Yoda I have found Padawan Assant as I was instructed." He felt a wave of indignation from Darsha and quickly added, "I am relieved to report that she is still alive and wish to thank you for allowing me to look for her." The indignation turned to gratitude, that pleased him.

"joyous new's, this is," Yoda replied through the Com, "Return to the Temple you must, grave events have transpired since your departure. A blockade, the Trade Federation has impacted on Naboo." Obi-wan heard muffled gasps from Darsha and the others. He glanced over at them. Lorn extended a hand.

"Let me speak to him," Obi-wan gave him a quizical look, but eventually surendered the Com. "Master Yoda, the Sith are behind this blockade!"

Lorn Paven told Jedi Master Yoda, the leader of the organization he used to hate, everything he

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I only skimmed the book, but I'm not worried about spoilers. Interesting so far, and I like the characterization of Maul.

4. Darth_Viridian

Apr 30, 2004
    Thank you, It comes from many years of idolizing the character for his skill :)

5. Darth_Viridian

Apr 30, 2004
    Okay, something important should be mentioned here. The end of this chapter, as well as much of the next, have lines and stuff that come directly from the movies to a point it might even feel rediculous. I decided it was best this way to show that my story is essentially a remake of Eposode One, but I promise that it is only for these few chapters, as (and some of the small changes in those conversations will hint toward) events will soon take a drastic change from those of the movie, think of it as a "What one persan can change" senario. (Every time a bel rings an angel get his wings ;) )

Chapter Three

"Grave,this news is" Yoda stated from his somewhat different looking chair on the farthest side of the Council chamber, "if true it is, than the Blockade on Naboo should be inspected with more care." Obi-wan nodded from his spot slightly to the left and behind his master. Next to him on his right was Darsha Assant, and next to Qui-gon, giving thier information was Lorn Paven and his droid I-five.

Aparrantly, Obi-wan and his master had been assigned to go and negotiate a treaty with the Trade Federation upon Obi-wan's return from his investigation. Due to recent events, however, things might be changed a little. Qui-gon opened his mouth, but Master Windu rose a hand to ward off any question.

"Your mission to negotiate a peace treaty has become more complicated. If the Sith are indeed behind these movements..."

"What do you mean if!" Lorn interupted, Obi-wan felt Darsha stiffen next to him, and decided to ease the tension.

"What Master Windu is suggesting," Obi-wan said, "is that perhaps the Sith are simply running in a parralel direction with the Trade Federation, your evidence is in no way disputed Master Paven, but the evidence does not prove without a doubt that the Sith are to blame, though we must take extra precautions against such a possibility." Darsha gave him a thankful nod, which he returned with a shrug.

"Well stated Padawan," Yoda smiled, "correct, Obi-wan is. Doubt your intentions we do not Lorn. Grateful, the council is for you help in this matter."

"As it is," Mace Windu continued his conversation with Qui-gon, "you and your Padawan must continue with your mission as planned, but due to recent events, we will send Jedi Knight Assant with you." Obi-wan grinned, he'd been told about this event by his master a while before they entered the council, but it was always interesting to see what manner the council choose to tell the padawans they were no longer padawans. Darsha's mouth must have reached the ground next to him, and he gave her a congradulatory smile.

"But..." Darsha stuttered, "but I failed my initial mission?"

"The Force works in Mysterious ways Jedi Assant," Yoda muttered mysteriously, "Your failure in the Crimmson Corridor, Pales, it does, to your help in bringing Lorn Paven to the council." Lorn turned and gave Darsha a look that said 'I told you so' and then turned back to the council. "You three must go, and may the force be with you." It finally dawned on Lorn what was going on, and he immiediately objected.

"Wait a minute, I want to go to!"

"I'm sorry Lorn," Mace Windu replied, "I'm afraid this mission is to dangerous to allow us to let you go with them. Besides, you must be tired from your last confrontion with the Sith, you are welcome to our best rooms for quarters."

"Darsha's tired to!" Lorn complained, "I want to be somewhere I can look out for her! I can't do that if I'm being coddled and couped up in some room you wont let me out of!" Obi-wan could feel the distress this conversation was causing Darsha, and looked a pleading look to his Master, who nodded.

"Given Lorn's contribution to the Jedi Order," Qui-gon smiled, Obi-wan knew his master had been speaking with Darsha a while ago, and somehow he knew his Mater was going to suggest something that was against the rules, Obi-wan cringed mentally, awaiting the inevetable. "It might be prudent to rehire h

6. Darth_Viridian

Apr 30, 2004
    I'd like to appologize for the leangth of time ive gone without posting a chapter, its been very busy over here with my graduation and all, so be aware that i am still working on this title. Just warnin, might be a bit til I post again still, I'm very busy now that I'm officially an adult!

7. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Shadow Hunter was one of my favorite books. I'm glad someone wrote a fic about it. However, you need to check your spelling before posting.
    Write More! Soon! PLLLLEEEASSSEEE!!!

8. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    I like this alot! I have not read Shadow Hunter yet but now I most definitly am!

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Cooool! Can't wait for more! I got the book too ;) And seeing this out take of Ep I is definitely gonna be interesting for sure!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.