main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mind Games (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kit', Jan 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Here is a new version of an old thread, that didn't work out. The Forum ate my last one!

Blood dripping through my finger tips
    like poison through my veins
    Filling me with horrors
    to wash away the pain
    Nothing lasts forever
    but somehow it remains
    Trapped inside my head
    Like a memories a game

But what if I don't want to play?
    Will life still be the same?

2. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    one.two.three.four.five.six.seven.eight.nine...........twelve...sixteen....twenty-eight.....thirty-two.....forty-nine.....fifty-eight....sixty-six....seventy-one...eighty-two....ni nty-seven....one hundred and six.

//One step one number. Another step, the next number.// a game invented a long time ago to stop the thinking. Started as a drill, one sword stroke one number.
    // KEEP IN RYTHM YOU USELESS LOT OF COWARDS!!!// Dmara shook her head to get rid of the thought and stopped as the dizzy, sick feeling caught her again. She raised her hand and checked out the throbbing wound on her head.
    Definately getting worseshe thought grimly as she winced in pain.

A multi-person transitor stopped in front of her and without thinking she boarded it. Paying the fare to the droid she wandered down the aisles as it took off again. She found herself a seat in the back corner and curled into a ball.

How long have I been here?
    four days she answered herself. With a sigh she squirmed against the back of her seat to find a more comfortable position. She watched the endless monotony of the buildings against the sky, //one building, one number.// She couldn't think. To be more precise she couldn't allow herself to think. It brought back memories, memories that should have been forgotten. She yawned realising how exhausted she really was. Her eyes closed and then she was asleep.

Every man women and child, over the age of twelve is hearby conscripted into the army by great Caesers decree, Only the sick and infirm will be spared the honor of serving his mightyness. Or if one can pay the sum of 5000 denaries to the great Caeser himself."5000!' people whisper, but it sounds like a russling of the wind. Mother with tears in her eyes, as we are rounded up and march, slowly, away. Away forever as far as she can see. Father hugs her and now I can see that he too is crying.

Mother, mother keep me near
    Keep me safe so I know I'm here
    And I know I'm real

A booming voice. "By the glorius and ever lasting Caeser whose reign shall be long and fruitful . I WILL fight in your name. For, as long as I can stand and raise a sword I shall bless you godlyness." Somewhere a girl sniffles. Some cry while others stand tall. Proud to be serving their 'glorious Caeser'. I don't say the words, only mouth them. Damn you to hell Caeser.

3. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Interesting. Nice start

[side note]Any chance that you could edit your post so that one doesn't have to scroll the screen to see the whole thing? It's much harder to read that way [/side note]

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Cool! Please add more!

Trika Kenobi

5. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks for replying Wow JOWK and Trika!!Replying to my thread in one go!

Okay here is more to deepen the mystery

"Oi missy, Are you gettin' off 'ere or whot?" The driver's face appeared somewhat blurrily in Dmara's vision. She rubbed her eyes but it didn't help. The blurryness remained. She gathered up her few last possessions and stumbled past him. The transitor had parked near a market and the spicy aromas of cooking food called to the young girl's grumbling stomach. With the last few coins in her pocket, she bought one of the spicy vegetable packets from the vendor. He eyed her suspiciously, so she smiled at him. Even more suspicious he pocketed the money before telling her to get lost. Hunger gnawed her from the inside and she stuffed her mouth.

//A GOOD ARMY TRAVELS ON ITS STOMACH//

Her mouth crammed with pastry, Dmara, forcefully pushed the unbidden thought away. She wandered the market place. Steaming food vendors, tables piled high with goddies were crammed between silk merchants and trinket sellers. Here and there small boys ran giving and recieving messages from different merchants as they haggled over their trade. So like home. she thought lost in the dreamlike quality of the world.
    // THAT'S ALL YOUR GOOD FOR IS TO GO HOME AND CRY IN MAMA'S SKIRTS. YOU'LL NEVER MAKE A GOOD SOLDIER.// The nasal voice with a thinly veiled sneer of contempt rang in her thoughts.
    "Sniviling dropkick." Dmara muttered aloud. She was suddenly wrenched around as a huge Hutt grabbed her sholder.
    "You talking to me?" He said. A blaster dangled just inches from her face.
    " No Sir!" she snapped off automatically, "You must have the wrong person.SIR!"
    "I'd waste a bullet putting you in your right place anyway." He heaved dramatically and dropped her. Dmara landed deftly on her feet. Before the Hutt could rethink his options Dmara had already concealed herself in the crowd. She ran full pelt, along the narrow walkways. She didn't really care about where she was going as long as she got away from it. From the danger.

//A GOOD SOLDIER DOESN'T RUN. HE FACES UP TO THE DANGER. LIKE THE MAN HE IS!//
    Cr@p Dmara thought. Utter Cr@p!

She stopped, breathing hard. The bazzar was a long way behind her and Dmara was no longer scared of being followed. As she looked up, her face paled in horror at what she saw. The massive structure of the Jedi temple soared above the rest of the city with it's size.The many paned windows glinted in the sun light.
    "no." Dmara whispered as she backed away, trying to get rid of the vision. "Anywhere but here." The short teenager started to walk faster down the packed streets. No-one paid her a glance, but frankly she didn't care. The dizzyness assaulted her again and this time she broke into a run. No-one blocked her way and she continued. Suddenly she smashed into someone, knocking the wind out of her lungs. She caught a glimsed of piercing brown eyes, but the robes made her even more terrified. She wrenched herself away. Her lungs burned for oxygen, her knees were weak. The throbbing in her head intensified and her vision swam. Dmara knew she was fighting a battle which she couldn't win. Grey areas appeared on either side quickly intensifying to to a black blur. They crowded her vision until she could see. Her knees finally gave up in the struggle to support her, she fell forward onto her face. The cool pavement was a stark contrast to her hot skin.
    "D@mn" she whispered before it all gave way to blackness.

Obi-wan Kenobi walked slowly out of the door into the cool Corosant air. "Phew" he sighed through his teeth. His master, Qui-gon Jinn, rested one of his huge hands on his padawan's sholders.
    "I thought they were never going to give up!" Realising what he said wasn't particulary Jedi-like Obi-wan continued. "Whoops, sorry master. I just never knew how determined Jewellers could be."
    Qui-gon smiled at his padawan's swiftly covered embarrasment, "Neither did I Obi-wan. However, as you can see the techniques used in mediation worked better the the all out violence these parti

6. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ooooooooo!

Trika Kenobi

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    COOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!

I thought you could use a cool on your thread. Keep posting.

8. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thankyou I needed a "COOOOOOOOLLLLL" I also need more readers . Here goes.

Nothing is ever as it seems

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" the words came out a confused mumble as Dmara tried to right herself she still felt like she was burning and everything came in a swirling patterns of disjointed images. Something cool pressed against her forehead and she struggled against it.
    "It's okay, you've got a fever, a nasty cut on the head. You're going to be okay."
    "Where am I?" Dmara asked as another wave of pain and nausea assulted her.
    "You are in the healer's quaters at the Jedi Temple."
    Jedi Temple. Jedi. She sat up, her vision still refused to put everything in it's proper place.
    "B@RSTARDS" She mentally screamed as hand touched her sholder . "Murders.You are the cause of everything...of all the suffering I have ever known" She started fighting. She had to get out of this bed away from here. From the people who had caused her suffering. Everything spun as she stood up, pain and heat racked her body in equal measures. She stumbled across the room. Something gripped her on both arms. Her vision cleared long enough for her to catch a glimpse of two beautiful brown eyes. Two very familar brown eyes.
    "Julius?" she whispered before the darkness came and whisked her away again. Qui-gon held the trembling girl. Her eyes had been a mixture of hatred and fear. //interesting//he mused to himself.
    "Are you okay Master Zulin?" he asked the black haired healer.
    "Yea, though she gave me a hell of a fright. One second she was sleeping peacefully and the next she started screaming and fighting!." she smiled worriedly. Qui-gon smiled back reassuringly, he carried the girl back to the healing bay. She murmed and frowned in her delirium. Almost tenderly Qui-gon smoothed her creased forehead with his thumb.
    "Uh Master Jinn?" Master Zulin said quietly, "the council would like to see you as soon as you are able."
    As he turned Qui-gon let the stony facade drop back into place across his face.
    "Thank you," he said before dissapearing out the door.

"Wish to know, we do, why the child was brought to the temple for healing." Master Yoda quiered. Qui-gon took a big breath before starting. He knew that the master's wouldn't agree with his decision to take the girl in no matter what the reason.
    'My masters," he began. "Padawan Kenobi and I had just left the meeting with the traders. We were walking back towards the temple when there was a sudden commotion. The girl was runing towards us and seemed to be in some difficulty. She was terrified, and wounded. When she stumbled, I saw these." He opened his palm to display the tiny earings. "the snake represents the Caeser. In order to solve the current differences between the traders a way must be found to discover who this Caeser person is and what he means. I believe that this girl, holds the key. She has a small wound and a low grade fever. Her condition has progessively gone down hill over the past hour." he finished. Qui-gon thought about telling the council about the incident in the healing lab but swiftly decided against it. No it wouldn't do any good for her case or mine

Master Yoda studied Qui-gon with sleepy half-open eyes,
    "Not telling us, the other reason you are." he said
    "I felt compelled." Qui-gon said reluctantly. "Compelled to help her."
    "Compelled you say. As in the Force compelled you." Mace Windu asked.
    'Yes" Qui-gon answered dutifully. Inside he was growing impatient Why are they treating me like a half-grown iniatate?
    Master Yoda bowed his head.
    "Consider what you say we shall, Master Jinn. Until then, stay, the girl must."
    Qui-gon bowed once more before leaving the council rooms. Moving swiftly he traveled down the halls to the healing rooms. Master Zulin smiled as he entered. She mixed a pot of ointment absentmindly.
    "She's not yet conscious, but she has been talking a great deal. Something about Julius." Zulin moved to the girl's side and brushed a hand over her arm. "Look at these scars. She's been using swords- the old-fashioned/ancient kind."
    Q

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Whoohoo! I'm glad you kept this story idea! I am eagerly awaiting more.

10. OJSithLord

OJSithLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Good work my apprentice. Will there be more?

Also, I don't know if you folks down under get Sesame Street. If you do here's something I thought funny...

http://fractalcow.com/bert/bert010.htm http://fractalcow.com/bert/bert010.htm

11. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Waaaayyyy Coooollll! Keep up the good work!

12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey thanks for replying. Yes, we do get Sesame St down here. and I know exactly what is on that site...so there!! !!!

Here is More!
    "Good evening Master," Obi-wan bowed as he entered the room. "Master Zulin."
    Qui-gon put the fork down. He was mid-way through his meal."Good evening to you too padawan." He beckoned towards a plate. "Dinner Obi-wan?"
    "No thank you master, I had a snack at the library."
    "Did you indeed?" Qui-gon smiled. Having crossed the room in a small number of steps. The young man bent over to study the sleeping form.
    "How is she?" he prompted.
    Master Zulin cleared her plate. She rose and stood beside Obi-wan.
    "Her fever has broken. She seems better, although she refuses to wake."
    Obi-wan turned. A perplexed look crossed his face. He opened his mouth but Qui-gon cut him off.
    "Did you find out anything about the snake?"
    Obi-wan shook his head thoughtfully.
    "I did find out something, though. That planet we think she came from's has gone through a whole series of wars lately."
    "How do you know where she is from?" Master Zulin asked puzzled. It was Qui-gon who answered striding across the room to join them.
    "It's her eyes. The blue shimmer around her eyelids gave it away. There is only one planet in the entire glaxay whose people have those markings."
    "Forgive me for asking Master but how do you know?" Obi-wan asked still looking puzzled. The blue eyes searched Qui-gon's face for an answer.
    "My family moved there when I first joined the Jedi-order. My brother is the only one who remains."
    Obi-wan looked stunned.
    "Why didn't you ever tell me?" he asked. His mouth closing with a snap. Qui-gon shrugged and moved away. It wasn't necessary, my brother and I were never close. he thought. Outwardly he moved his hand so it brushed the girl's earlobe where the second sword hung. She flinched.
    "Come Obi-wan, it's late. Thank you for your time Master Zulin, and the excellant dinner."
    Qui-gon pushed through the door, Obi-wan hot on his heels

FIGHT LIKE A SOLDIER, DRINK LIKE A FISH

"Come on Dmara." Julius goaded. "Everyone else has got one."
    'I am not everyone." Dmara answered sussinctly.
    "Wuss," it was an good natured jibe. But Dmara gave him a hard stare and punched him on the arm.
    "Come, if you won't get a earing, at least have a drink with me." He lead her inside the brightly lit tent. Both male and female soldiers roared with laughter. A couple of regulars were piled on the floor, their mugs still in their hands. Julius sat heavily down at a table. A cranky-looking serving wench dumped a jug of luke warm ale in front of him. Julius dipped a mug into the bowl and pushed it towards her. Dmara watched the brown liquid with distate. Julius grinned again.
    "Drink it down like the man you are."
    Dmara resisted the urge to chuck the disgusting liquid at him. Instead, she picked up the jug and gulped the content down. As she put her mug down she screwed up her face. It only brought another laugh from Julius.
    "One sip and it tastes better." he laughed and started to choke on his beer.
    "You mean, once I'm drunk I won't taste a thing." she said sarcasticly
    "Exactly." Julius drowned himself in his glass again.
    "Challllennge yooooouu Juuuuuuliuthh." Dmara slurred. Two full mugs of beer stood in front of them. Both soldiers were slightly weaving on their feet.
    "On your marks, get set, go!" Julius said. Dmara quickly picked up her drink and downed the entire contents. The room spun unpleasently. Dmara noticed that Julius hadn't even picked up his glass. He was smiling at her like a cat watching it's prey.
    "Woah." Dmara said as the room spun around again. She stumbled and tried to catch hold of the edge of the chair. The next second she was at eye level with the rush mats. Her vision swirled and then blackened.
    She awoke to a spiting pain in her head. Her vision was muddy. She could see Julius' face, it seemed oddly distorted.
    "Ugh, that is not a face you want to wake up to." She felt sick.
    "Uppsie daisy." He pulled her roughly to her feet. The next second Dmara was bent into a nearby pot

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I am AVIDLY waiting for more!

14. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999

I had to ask; I thought "Crocodile Hunter" was educational television in Brisbane! JK!

RE your Story: Palpatine reminds me of certain Roman Emperors- Nero in particular. What do you think?

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    No way!!!!! It's only on cable down here!

I don't think Palpatine is as childish as Nero! Maybe more of a Domitian type of Character.

Just remember,

Absolute power, corrupts absolutely

I'm going away for four days and won't have a computer. So I'll post one more big one tonight....Maybe!!! I hope everyone likes it at this stage!

See ya
    Kithera

16. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999

- Henry Kissinger

I'm not familiar w Domitia (Sp?); please explain that one.

I was thinking Nero because
    1. Nero burned down Rome so he could build colosiums, I think (correct me if I'm wrong); Palpatine (aka Darth Sidious) manipulated the Trade Federation into blockading and invading Naboo so he could become Chancellor.
    2. Nero persecuted Christians; Palpatine will persecute the Jedi.

What do you think?

*I see some distinct traits of Roman Emperors in Palpy, but I detect a lot of parallels to Hitler as well but I won't go into that right now.

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-20-2000).]

17. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    More Kit! We need more!

I think that Caligula was the crazy one. He thought he was a god. (Palpatine to a point.) He was killed by his own men. (Palpatine was killed by Vader).

I just wanted to join the Roman Emperior discussion. If you want to ignore it, go right ahead!

18. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    Mouse:
    we haven't seen anything indicating Palpy is the sexual deviant Caligula was.

19. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
  20. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
    Somebody ought to scan in that Evil Bert picture I left you with illustrations of Brutus, Cassius, and the rest right before the Ides of March.

[This message has been edited by OJSithLord (edited 01-21-2000).]

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I was thinking more insanity than sexual deviant. Than again, their were more insane emperors than sane ones.

Anyway, Kit' please post more!

22. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
  23. OJSithLord

Dec 14, 1999
  24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hello, Kit' are you out lurking somewhere? Please come back and post. We miss you and we need to know what happens next!

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hello, Kit' are you out lurking somewhere? Please come back and post. We miss you and we need to know what happens next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.