main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Luck of the Draw (Obi-Wan/Garen/Bant/Reeft humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KrystalBlaze, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Luck of the Draw

Summary: Four friends play cards... with dire consequences. One-shot, frizzy thing. Response to a challenge.

Hey, I was bored. Qui-Gon IS alive in this fic, but I plan to explain that better in the next fic of this two-part one-shot series, which should be up soon. ;) The next one'll be called, "Much Ado to Bread." Don't ask.

-----

It could be worst, he supposed. It could be that he had to jump into a pit of acid, or pull his hair out, or fall down a long ways. It could be that he had to battle a Sith killer, had to throw his lightsaber away, had to forsake his ideals and dreams. It could be he lost his life, or the life of his best friend, or fail a mission, or lose his braid. It could all be worst, he supposed.

But it couldn?t get much worst than it was already.

?I don?t play sabacc,? Obi-Wan told her. ?I?m not good at it.?

Bant raised an eyebrow ? which she was very good at, by the way ? and laughed at him. ?You?re not good at a lot of things, Obi-Wan, but sabacc you have to play.?

?No, I don?t,? he told her, gritting his teeth and glancing at the clock, hoping he had to be somewhere? anywhere?

?No way!? Garen cried, sprinting for the door of the apartment he shared with Clee Rhara and standing in front of it. Currently, his Master was in discussions with the Council, and it was expected to last well into the night. Taken the fact all their Masters were in the discussion, Bant ? of course ? had the idea for a night off. Obi-Wan had accepted the offer with good will, but upon entering the room, he had found the table filled with chips and cards, and before he could mutter an excuse to leave, they had taken him and pushed him into a chair.

Garen looked at him resolutely. ?You?re not leaving, Obi-Wan. You need a break.?

?I do not need a break!? he shouted at his friend, moving towards the door and only to be stopped by Reeft?s arm around his neck.

?That?s what they all say,? he said dramatically, ?before they all fall over their sleep-couch and impale themselves with their own lightsabers.?

?And may I inquire as to who you know who has done that?? Obi-Wan demanded, wrestling Reeft?s hand off his neck. ?And may I also inquire as to why the game of sabacc is of any importance at all??

?Well, firstly,? Bant said, ?it?s a game of skill, luck, and chance. And since none of those exist in you, it?s of no importance at all. But when does that matter, Obi-Wan??

Garen came up behind Obi-Wan and pushed him back into his seat. ?You?re not leaving this apartment,? he said resolutely. ?You are going to have a good time here, and you are going to laugh and lose a lot of money. You may have to do? certain things once you run out of money, but you will look at it as a matter of good will when we don?t kill you.?

?Kill me for what?? Obi-Wan cried exasperatedly.

Reeft leaned in close and spoke in his ear. ?Bant doesn?t like some things.?

Obi-Wan pulled away in confusion. ?What??

Reeft leaned in again. ?Bant doesn?t like certain things. Such as-?

A second later Obi-Wan pushed him away and burst out laughing. ?Reeft, you nerf-herder!?

Reeft feigned annoyance. ?Excuse me, my friend, but we prefer the term ?long-haired madman.?? He picked up the cars and began to deal.

?I don?t want to play, guys,? Obi-Wan said again.

?Shut up,? Garen informed him and dealt the chips. Soon the cards were spread, and the chips stacked, and Garen glared across the table at Obi-Wan, who looked about ready to bolt. ?Now, kids, this is a friendly game. Cheating, however, will be dealt with swiftly. By speaking, you are signing a contract that clears we, the game-owners ? Bant, Reeft, and I ? may punish as we see fit, except to other game-owners.?

It took Obi-Wan a moment to sort it out, and when he did he looked furiously at Garen. ?But-?

?And you have thus agreed to the contract!? Garen cried in glee, reaching under the table and handing Obi-Wan a datapad. ?Since us three are game-owners, you?re going to have to keep track of deb

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *snrk!* this was juz great the last line was the bomb! "You lost again didn't you?" hehehehehe

Great job! Loved this! Can't wait for that other one! hehehe Bread, eh? ummm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.