main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anything But A Song Bird

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Maru-Ba, Jan 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Anything But A Song Bird
    By Mary Baugh
    Pre ?The Other?
    Lucas owns most of the characters and settings, not me! I make no money off of this.
    --------------------

Mary grumbled and rolled over in her bed, she had heard the water running. ?Oh no? she thought trying desperately to fall back asleep. The she heard the most horrifying sound ever recorded in the galaxy, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn?singing in the shower.

Qui-Gon, Mary?s master, was known for his bad singing. Once at temple karoke night two of the lovely garden songbirds kept in a cage in the rec. room tried to peck each others hearing receptors out for Qui?s singing was so foul. Mace Windu and Adi Gallia had to drag the tone-deaf Jedi off the stage to save the lives of the birds.

After deciding there was no chance of sleep, Mary swung her legs off her bed and they then drop to the floor before she abruptly jerked them back up onto her bed. ?Woah, that floor is FREEZING? she thought rubbing her feet trying to warm them. Mary spotted her warm fuzzy slippers across her small room, the Jedi apprentice focused on her slippers and they quickly rose and then fell on the floor when her feet had been moments previous.

Now with warm feet Mary scuffed into the main room of the quarters she had with her master. The closer she got to the fresher the louder and more deafening the ?signing? got. The fed-up padawan stood in front of the fresher and kicked it multiple times?nothing happened. She kicked again and yelled, ?Master, for the love of all things good and decent, please stop the agony and quit singing!?

He stopped. The quarters were silent except for the sound of running water, which too, soon ended. Satisfied with her job Mary flopped down on the couch and picked up a datapad with notes from her previous day?s lecture. After reading for a few minutes she wondered what was taking her master so long.

Again she stood in front of the door and yelled, ?Hey! What?s taking to long? I really need to pee!? And at that moment the door swung open and a waft of steam enveloped Mary. Then Qui-Gon strutted out with his hair wrapped up in a towel like a turban. His startled padawan suppressed the urge to laugh and smiles, ?That?s a good look for you Master, real masculine.?

?Oh, shut up padawan! I?ve seen you do it and I wondered it did in fact dry my hair faster.? He quipped adjusting the turban on his head. ?You wanted to use the fresher I assume??

?You assumed well, yes I wanted to use the fresher.? Mary said mockingly. ?Then go ahead.? Qui-Gon muttered in a false voice gesturing to the doorway.
    Once she showered, Mary stood in front of the mirror brushing her long hair. Then she decided to go for a new hairstyle she had seen on the Holonet. After a few minutes she opened the door and walked into the main room.
    Qui-Gon dropped the bowl of cereal he was eating when he saw his padwan's hairstyle. ?Wha?what did you do toy your hair?? Mary patted the bulges on either side of her head. ?Nothing, I just got tried of the same ol? stuff and decided to try something new I saw. It?s becoming quite a fad among the royal on some planets.? Mary stated in a matter o? fact way.

?Well, it?s very nice. Although it looks like you have a Danish on either side of your head.?

?You have no fashion sense, Master. Are you ready to go to the library now?? ?With your hair like that?? Qui muttered under his breath. ?I heard that! And yes, people with flock to see my sense in style.?

Qui muttered again, ?Or maybe flock to gawk at the funny little Jedi person.? He raised his voice so Mary could hear, ?Now, tell me again why we?re going to the library??

?Because, I need more stuff to read, need to get some research for a class, and I want to meet up with Peydon.?

?Wonderful?? the Jedi master muttered.
    --
    more to come!

2. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    LOL! Nice start, can't wait for more.

3. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    BTF, I HAVE RUBBED OFF ON SOMEBODY!!!!!!

LOL! No, this is original comedy here. I love your start here, Maru-Ba. Especially the signing Qui-Gon.

You know, I can imagine a young Padawan doing the wee-wee dance. LOL!

4. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    Hey, no ones been rubbing off on me! I've always been like this. I think I may have to illustate this one, it would be funny. I hope to put more up, just about the legnth of this one, to tie it up, just like the last chapter of any EU novel.

5. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ouch.

Hahaha. Okay, easy now. No need for such rude language. :)

6. Corbin Ryder

Corbin Ryder Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 1999
    BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Up to the top, you go, to stay until you can post some more tomorrow.

8. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Ha ha, some has danishes on their ears. LOL! Somehow I always figured Qui-Gon was a terrible singer. Very nice, can't wait to read more.

9. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    tomorrow? as in today? uhh, it's not quite written...or thought of yet. hehehe, i'll try somethime this week school premitting.

10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah, that school thing seems to get in the way. Especially when you are 14.

:)

11. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, exactly. But i never really have homework :) but i'm gonna try to write some tonight and post probally friday or later because of a big IB wanna be meeting tomorrow at the hight school. but there probally won't be anymore qui singing, or maybe there will be.

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    No problem. Will wait. I got college classes starting back up tomorrow. Technically, me and you are in the same boat. Sort of.

13. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    first part of a new section. hopefully more later today (i'm going to the movies to maybe not)

The giant glass doors slid open as Mary ran into the Jedi Temple library. She stooped dead in her tracks and Qui bumped into her because he was not watching where he was going. ?Oof!? He muttered after he got up off the floor. ?Why did you stop walking??

?I don?t see Peydon! He was supposed to meet me here so we could do the research we needed for out report. Where is he?? Mary whined.

?Padawan, why don?t you use the Force to find him?? Qui suggested. Mary smiled, ?Oh, yeah. I forgot. Boy, I feel foolish!? She closed her eyes to concentrate and Qui rolled his eyes as he thought about he really needed to work on her memory skills. ?I found him!? Mary blurted out flailing her arms in excitement. The librarians glared at her and she shrugged and scampered off. Qui trudged after her.

Mary rounded the first corner and saw Peydon hunched over a Holocron inquiring to it about ancient Jedi history. ?Oh, hi Mary! How are you?? ?I?m okay. I just had some problems sleeping this morning.?

?Qui singing again?? He asked laughing. ?What else? But aside from that I?m okay.? She replied smiling. "Hey, why am i suddenly hungry for some pastries?" "Hey! Don't go making fun of my sense of style!" Mary said matter o'factly straighting her back and throwing her head back.

?Are you ready to get started on this project?? Peydon asked pulling the chair next to him out and gesturing for Mary to sit down. She sat. ?Ready as I?ll ever be. Have you chosen our topic yet??

?Uh huh. I thought we?d do a brief synopsis of Sith history. Does that sound like a good idea?? He suggested. ?All right. This should be easy; all we need to do is write 1000 words. Are we going to use this Holocron as our primary source??

?I think we should. It?s from the Sith War era and will tell us all we need to know. Then we?ll just put it into our own words.? Peydon turned to the frozen Holocron and reactivated it. ?Gatekeeper, can you tell us about the history of the Sith??

The holo figures eyes widened and then began to go into a very detailed history of the Sith. Peydon was fascinated, but Mary seemed a bit uneasy about the whole idea.

Qui-Gon was sitting in a far corner of the library leafing though the newest issue of the Galactic Times when he felt a wave of fear wash over his padawan. ?Padawan!? He thought though their training bond.

?Master!? He felt her say. ?Mary, what?s wrong? Are you okay?? He sent a very concerned idea. He then visualized Mary sitting with Peydon at a table listening to an ancient Holocron drone on about the Sith.

?I?m okay Master. It?s just that some of this Sith stuff is scary. I?ll be fine. Just continue on reading the Times.? ?Okay Padawan. But if you need me, I?ll be here.? She then let the bond drop and Qui returned to his reading.

(PS if you havn't read "The Other" this sith stuff has a part in it. read it!http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1228435&start=1228809 )
    (forgot-there is another young mary fic out there at:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1295152&start=1300893 )

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm surprise Peydon, while looking at Mary, didn't say, "Why do I have the craving for cinnomon buns?"

15. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    OH! i forgot she had them on! I'm adding that!

consider the story edited.

16. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    Later that evening Peydon walked out of Mary and Qui?s quarters after dinner and completing his report with Mary. He and Mary had also had a chance to sit and chat about life in the temple and how much they enjoyed being padawans. He thought Mary was a good friend.

Inside their quarters Mary was grammar checking the newly completed essay. ?Maybe I should have Master Yoda check the grammar of this thing.? Qui chuckled, ?You could but I guarantee you?d get a bad grade and you?d have even more problems reading it aloud.? ?I suppose you?re right master.? Mary sighed. ?Of course padawan, that?s why I?m the master.? He added putting down the dishtowel he had been using to dry a pot.

Mary yawned, ?I think I?m gonna go to sleep early because I doubt I?ll get much sleep in the morning if you continue with you habits from this morning.? She walked to her room and shut the door behind her before Qui-Gon had a chance to make a comeback. She pulled open a drawer and tugged out her favorite sleep pants with little lightsabers all over them. After she was ready for bed she sat on the edge of her bed and took down her hair. She had pretty much gotten the response she had expected from the new idea. She slowly brushed out the knots and put her hair back in a long braid so it wouldn?t be a mess in the morning. Now that she was ready for bed and pulled back her covers and snuggled under her comforter.

Five hours later Mary was in the middle of a terrifying dream, she was a part of the Sith wars and was being hunted down and many scary dark Jedi. In her dream she was in the middle of a dark ally way, she ducked as something flew over head and she swung at it with her lightsaber. The dream Mary, a full knight, looked down at what she had just killed. The thing didn?t look like anything that should be flying; it looked human. She used to Force to turn it over; it was Peydon! In her dream she killed her best friend! The images in the dream swirled and then showed Mary sitting in a corner of the ally crying to herself, then she looked up into the eyes of evil and the last thing she saw before waking up was a red glow of a lightsaber in her face.

---
    hehehe cliff hanger!

17. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Great posts! Hehehe, pajamas with little lightsabers on them. Too funny. can't wait for more to come.

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Pajamas with lightsabres on them. lolololololol(signifies a giggling response)

19. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    lol. Good job! This is a bit different from what I'm used to, but it's funny! The most horrifying sound- Qui Gon's singing...hey wait a sec, I thought it was my sister's singing...

20. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    my friends bailed so i'm home, no movies. *sigh* here, read something:
    ---

The real life Mary sat up her bed and screamed. She was sweating and shaking all over. It had been so real. Was this a Jedi vision? Was she going to cause the death of Peydon or someone else close to her? Or was it a normal teenage nightmare? She had been told that Jedi didn?t dream, but did that have bad dreams?

It had only been a few seconds after Mary had screamed when Qui-Gon burst tough the door to her room. ?What?s wrong?? He asked, his voice trembling. Mary was slowly aware of the presence of her master. She looked up in his face and closed her eyes with great pain. Then she opened her eyes again and stepped out of her bed and padded over towards her master. She opened arms and hugged him. ?I had a really bad dream. It was horrible. I was so real. I can?t believe it.? Qui-Gon looked down at his padawan and saw that she was genuinely frightened. ?Come on.? He led her out to the other room and they sat on the couch. She refused to let him go; he had never seen his apprentice so worked up over anything.

?What happened in your dream?? He softly asked. ?I killed him.? Mary sobbed. Her master was puzzled, ?Killed who?? She lifted her head and spoke softly, ?Peydon.? Now even more puzzled then before Qui urged Mary to continue.

?My dream was from the Sith Wars. I was alone in a dark ally, and I was a full Jedi. Something flew over me and I slashed at it with my saber. Then I turned the thing over and it had Peydon?s face! It was so scary. Not just that but the atmosphere of evil, and then I was huddled in a corner and all I saw was red, like the glow of a lightsaber. I was about to be killed myself before I woke up.? Mary began to cry harder. Qui pulled Mary closer to him; he did not know what to make of this. He had felt her reaction to the information given out by the Holocron that morning. ?It?s okay. It?ll be alright.? He comforted. ?Thanks?But, what was this??

?It was just a bad dream honey. That?s all, a bad dream. Everything will be okay.?

21. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    The next morning Mary and Peydon gave their report and they received the highest grade that they could. After class Peydon ran up to Mary, ?Hey! We did well! I have great news! Guess what??

?You found out who your parents were and you?re a cross between a wookie and a bantha?? Mary asked smiling. ?No, guess again.? Peydon answered laughing. ?You get to go on a mission??

Peydon frowned, ?How did you know?? ?I was right? Cool, your first mission, right?? ?Yeah, I?m really excited.? He said jumping up and down.

?Where will you be going?? ? I don?t know, they won?t tell my master or I. They said that we?d know once we get on the transport. So I guess I won?t see you for awhile because they said that this is a long mission. So, goodbye for now.? The two friends hugged and parted. ?Bye Peydon! Be safe!? Mary shouted when he was partway down the hallway.?

22. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    2 months later:

?Mary,? Qui yelled, ?come in here!? Mary came out of her room. ?You bellowed, Master??

?Sit down, over here.? He gestured. Mary sat down gingerly next to her master, ?What happened?? She knew that something bad had happened by the feeling of dead she was catching from Qui-Gon.

?You remember that Peydon and his Master are on a mission?? ?Yeah, I really miss him.? She responded. ?Well, I?m sorry but I found out today that on their way home their transport was taken hostage and they were killed. I?m really sorry.? Mary hung her head and sighed. ?I should have guessed. Yesterday I felt a scream though the Force that was abruptly stopped and I thought nothing of it.? Then she began to cry hysterically.

?Remember that bad dream the night before Peydon left? With the Sith? It must have been a sign. How could I have missed it? I knew, I must have.? She turned so she wasn?t facing her master. His face softened thinking about that.

?It?s not you fault, Mary. It was the will of the Force.? He said trying to help his apprentice. ?No, it wasn?t. Bad stuff just happens. And we can do nothing about it. That is the way of life. Peydon is gone and I cannot change that, I can only learn from that.? She buried her head in her master?s shoulder and cried for her best friend.

---
    THE END
    comments?

23. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Nice, but bittersweet. Good work as usual, Mary.

24. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks! *bows* *slips on own feet and faceplants* "I ment for that to happen!"

It was all ment to be humor...but it sure didn't end up that way.

All today i was writing and then posting, i felt like casper! (hehehe) repid fire story posting.

25. Maru-Ba

Oct 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.