main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fight For Survival JA Repost Update 8/9/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith_Chickster, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Chickster

Sith_Chickster Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2004
    So yeah, Im actually back, but due to my password being long gone, I had to choose a different name.

Tis I, YoungSithApprentice, back with my JA story, Fight For Survival. And, an actual ending! That's the problem..I didn't quite finish the last one..I just stopped posting lol. Hope ya'll enjoy it, I wrote this when I was 12 (I'm now 17) lol, I don't want to change it much, just some editing. So yah, hope ya'll enjoy it.

Inhale, exhale, breath Obi-Wan, breath.

*Keep trying Obi-Wan, you?ll make it, just don't give up*

Qui-Gon's voice buzzed through his head. What was happening? Wasn't he breathing? He didn't remember what happened in the last few days.

*Wake up Obi-Wan, breath, you can't die, use the Force*

What was he talking about? He didn't recognize the voice, and he didn't know what he was saying. The Force? What was it, it sounded familiar, but he just didn't remember. He had to do something, he felt if he didn't, he would die. If he wasn't already dead.

Qui-Gon paced the room, frustrated.

"This shouldn't have happened!"

He whispered out of anger. No, he thought, I can't be like this, he'll be ok. Qui-Gon looked over at the bed containing the battered and unconscious Obi-Wan, for once he looked so small and innocent again, just as he did when he almost gave his life for Qui-Gon in the mine. Qui-Gon walked over to the bed and put his hand over the boys heart. He could barely feel the faint beat the boy had. He pulled away and sat in the chair across the room.

"Why isn't there something I can do?!"

The medics already did the best they could, Obi-Wan was in a coma and they told him the result. Whatever had happened, he was injured too severely, he was expected to die within the day. Depending on how long he had been where and in the current condition they found him, it was hopeless. That was 2 1/2 days ago. The boy could die any minute, and there was nothing anyone could do.

But this is Obi-Wan Kenobi, thought Jinn, my always persistent Padawan, he fought wars without my permission, he can?t die like this, he wouldn?t let himself. Who else is going to surprise me at dawn with an ever growing appetite? Who else will own a drawer full of socks that actually have dust and mold on them? Who would constantly rebel against the Jedi ways, the only reason being that he likes trapping me and Leona in unusually small and deserted places.</i>

Qui-Gon smirked, a frustrated yet appreciative affection coming over him, still curious as to how Obi convinced both of them separately to even enter the out-of-use water pipe outside of the meditation gardens.

Come on Obi-Wan, do something! Obi-Wan sat at the back of his mind figuring things out. Finally he decided, if he wasn't breathing he would force himself to.

Qui-Gon was startled from his thoughts when he heard a gasp then coughing. He quickly looked over at Obi-Wan who had his eyes closed, gasping for breath, and coughing in between. Qui-Gon ran over to the bed and gently picked up Obi-Wan's bandaged hand. Relief filled him, at least he's breathing again. Should he get the medics? Slowly while Obi-Wan gained a breathing rhythm, he let go of his hand then went to the comlink.

"Obi-Wan's breathing on his own again, I?d like to assume he's waking up, I would like to see a medic, only one please." Obi never was fond of medics, although the medics seemed rather fond of him.

"On my way sir" he heard as a response.
    Qui-Gon walked back to the bed and slowly put his hands over Obi-Wan's.

"Open your eyes Obi-Wan" hoping he would be heard.

He quickly saw a flickering in the boy's eyes as he watched him reveal the blue eyes that always had a touch of mischief in them. But there was something wrong, behind those blue eyes, he saw something. What was it? Fear? Pain?

Obi-Wan slowly opened his eyes, not knowing what to expect. He squinted his eyes from the bright lights then scanned t

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey, cool! You re-posted after all! :D I have to admit that it was so long ago when I last read this - or at least what there was of it - that it's a complete blank to me and I can't remember a thing, so it'll be like reading it for the first time! Keep it up, I wan't to see where this story goes!

3. jinny_badpad

jinny_badpad Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004
    Interesting start... you definitely caught my attention!! :D

Hope there will be more soon!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sadly, like the Jemster, I don't quite remember this one either, it was so long ago when you were still just a little Sithlet. :( But since you're promising to finally complete this, (you are promising are you... you wouldn't lie to your old mother would you???) I'll happily keep track if this again. :D :D

5. Sith_Chickster

Jul 31, 2004
    Ok, yeah, I'm postin again and stuff, hopefully get some readers and stuff. Oh, btw, the things in ** are telepathic and stuff...yeah.

Chapter 2

"Who are you?" came from the pain filled voice.

"I am Qui-Gon Jinn."

"And I am Obi-Wan?"

Qui-Gon couldn't tell if that was a statement or question, so he only nodded. There was an awkward silence until Obi-Wan broke it.

"Your thoughts, you were telling me things. How?"

Qui-Gon hesitated, he hadn't explained it in so long.

"It's a telepathic skill that most all Jedi have, to use it, you use the Force."

He wasn't quite sure if the boy had understood.

"Jedi? You keep mentioning the Force, what is it?"

Qui-Gon walked over to the couch and sat down while noticing Obi-Wan go on alert.

"The Jedi are a group of people who have skills of levitation, telepathy, and extraordinary reflexes. We are peacemakers, we commonly settle conflicts for the Senate when requested."

He paused to see if the boy was understanding anything. He just sat listening for anything that might spark a memory.

"I am a Jedi Knight, you a padawan learner. I took you as my apprentice a week before your 13th birthday. I teach you skills in the Jedi Art. I will explain the Force to you later."

He was hoping Obi-Wan would remember so it wasn't needed.

"Obi-Wan, do you know how old you are?"

He could tell the boy was searching through his mind for the answer.

"Se-seve-seventeen?"

Qui-Gon gave a small smile and nodded. He could sense a bit of relief in Obi-Wan.

"Can you remember anything about yourself or what happened?"

Obi-Wan closed his eyes still on alert of the big man across from him, and tried to picture anything of his past. He saw images he'd never seen, people he's never known, but there was something through all that. Something strong, that made him feel safe. Then suddenly it was gone. He opened his eyes to see a smiling Qui-Gon.

"That's the Force padawan, you just cleared your mind and the Force flowed through you. I didn't need to go through your mind for that, I could sense it through the room, and the source was you." He watched as Qui-Gon stood up and left the room. He carefully laid fully back and closed his eyes.

On his comlink, he called the Jedi Master Adi Gallia.

"Is it possible that you could come to the infirmary and help me with something?" He asked kindly and calmly.

"It's about Obi-Wan, I sense something wrong."

"You are correct, he's awake but has no memory"

"I'll be there right away." He walked back into the room to see Obi-Wan out of bed and limping to the doorway when he entered.

"Obi-Wan, no!" Obi-Wan looked up startled and fell to the ground. He unfortunately landed on his broken ribs. He yelled and grimaced, afraid to show any more of his vulnerability. Qui-Gon ran over and tried to aid him, but got pushed away with a steady hand. The hesitance and non acceptance of his help, burned at Qui-Gon?s heart.

"No, stay away from me, I don't know you." Adi Gallia stepped in the room, looked at Obi-Wan who was trying to get off the floor, then to the frustrated Qui-Gon.

*Qui-Gon, what happened? Why is he not resting?*

*He won't let me get near him, he doesn't trust me. I think he was planning to leave. I can't help him if he's in this state!*

*Qui-Gon, you need to be calm, I'll try my best.*

They both slowly sat down on the couch and relaxed themselves, yet inside, Qui-Gon was worried for his apprentice, his son.

I want out of here. I don't care how injured I am, Obi-Wan thought to himself.

*I need you to trust me Obi-Wan, I'm trying to help you get better.*

He watched as Qui-Gon started walking forward to help. He put his weight on the non injured leg so it would make it easier for Qui-Gon to help him walk. He gently sat on the bed.

"Obi-Wan you should lay down and rest."

"No, I want to sit up." He said it calmly. Qui-Gon started to obje

6. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Well this for me is a new story! It promises to be a wonderful one at that! I will continue to read this one!

7. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Whoo-Hoo! Another repost! I remember the first posting of this, but like Jem it was so long ago I'm having a hard time actually remembering the story.

And an ending in sight! I'm looking forward to reading more! :D

8. Sith_Chickster

Jul 31, 2004
    Qui-Gon glanced over at Adi Gallia who momentarily glanced back then put her hand over Obi-Wan's closed eyes. What was she doing? Was she calming him? Qui-Gon always knew her to be one that never tried hard to shield her feelings and thoughts unless necessary, she never needed to. But he couldn't get any feeling from her, worry, calmness, nothing.

*Qui-Gon, don't worry. I'm just telling him to stay calm, maybe I should tell you the same thing.*

Qui-Gon flinched, slightly embarrassed.

*I'm sorry master but all the years of training, the memories, the people. What will happen if he doesn't remember?*

*If this doesn't work then I will surely discuss it with the council. All of us have a better chance of helping him then just me. Qui-Gon, please, just relax.*

He noticeably relaxed. He took a deep breath and sat back.

*Obi-Wan, I want you to let me in your mind, I'm going to see if your memories are still here. Do you remember how to communicate without sound? Shake your head if you don't.*

Obi-Wan shook his head slowly, still in some pain.

*Tell me your thoughts, talk to me without using your voice. It may be hard at first but it will get easier.*

*Li-like this?*

*Yes Obi-Wan, that?s it. Very good.*

Obi-Wan slightly smiled. He began to gather hope, and hope was just what he needed. Even Qui-Gon began to smile.

Qui-Gon watched as a small smile crept on Obi-Wan?s face. Something must have worked he thought. He found out what when he got a thought from Obi-Wan.

*I wanted to thank you for helping me.*

Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan who briefly looked back at him then closed his eyes again. He was relieved he got that skill back. This was going to be a long day.

Adi focused only on Obi-Wan though she could feel Qui-Gon's tension. She concentrated on the Force, letting her fill her mind and conscious into Obi-Wan. She knew she didn't have time to take with the small things, but she needed to look for the biggest of Obi-Wan's memories. There was too much of a chance that his memories would disappear forever, if they haven't already.

She suddenly felt a shift in the Force, then Qui-Gon's power adding to hers.

*I will do anything I can to help.*

With that, she started.

Obi-Wan again saw the images as before. He felt her presence with him, and he also knew Qui-Gon was near. Yet he was still tense, like there was something wrong.

That's when he felt it. A darkness unlike any other.

The darkness took a form, he saw images of hurt, pain. He felt extreme pain, as if the images were all happening-again. He then realized that these images had happened, to him. This is what had happened to him. He wanted it to stop, it was too much. The images got worse, torture, and yet more pain, so much pain. If it would all stop, just stop.

He tried to squeeze the Jedi Master's hand, but couldn't. His hand was numb, just like the rest of his body. Numb from the pain. The pain then slowly started to stop, when the darkness took over his body.

Qui-Gon felt something very wrong and opened his eyes to hear a 'thud' and 'drop'. He saw Adi passed out on the ground, her head hitting the small dresser. He then looked to find Obi-Wan near her on the floor, he fell forward off the bed instead of back on the bed.

He ran over to the fallen two, noticing that Obi-Wan's nose was bleeding, as did Adi?s. He began to panic, trying to tell himself to calm down. His mind racing with thoughts. What had happened between them?

*Master, wake up.*

Adi saw that the darkness was fading. The pain, the horrible pain. There was so much, far too much that Obi-Wan should have experienced. The name struck her. Was Obi-Wan ok? She quickly tried to wake herself up. Not a good idea. More pain, in only her head

9. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh yay!

This thing with Obi-wan... me no like it.

Hope for the explanation soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.