main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Old Friends Long Gone - Purge Challenge Response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Old Friends, Long Gone

It was early summer on Null. The air was warm, with a slight breeze keeping it from becoming uncomfortably hot. . A few wispy white clouds floated lazily across a clear blue sky. The stream burbled merrily over a few rocks, before settling down into a placid flow deep enough for small fish to dart back and forth in. The sun sparkled off the surface of the water. Tiny insects flitted around the stream and the lush plants that grew next to it. The Imperial troops and the Darkness from the tall armored figure at the head overwhelmed the Living Force that until then saturated the air with it?s purity.

?Commander Karchet , take four troops and go around the building,? a sharp mechanical voice said from his right side. ?I want every trooper stationed at a position where the Jedi are unable to flee.?

?Yes Sir,? the commander did as instructed and headed with his troops to the side of the building protecting the exit in case the enemy they were trying to corner found a way to exit out of their trap. No one could escape the slaughter. The Emperor had ordered the Jedi to be exterminated and whatever the Emperor wished was law.

--

?Sithspit,? Kyran swore viciously trying to hide the fear he felt growing thick inside him. He peered out from a closet inside the house that had been tucked away near the side of the clearing of a forest. Troopers were everywhere surrounding the small private retreat. He knew there would be no escape. Since the Temple had been burned days before, the remaining Jedi that escaped the carnage had to flee for their lives. The three of them that had found refuge in this hideaway on Null had reached their end. This place had served them well once running from the law when his best friend Qui-Gon had still been alive. Qui-Gon. He thought, trying hard to swallow the sudden lump in his throat. His best friend had been killed ten years before and finally today it looked like they would finally see each other again. He glanced at his wife Lana and his friend Devin. He hugged Lana close and nuzzled her neck. ?I love you, you know.?

She smiled, pushing her long black hair out of her eyes. She usually wore it in six long braids but in order to help disguise her appearance she had let it flow loose down her back. Kyran had always loved it that way. For now they could enjoy a moment before the storm broke. She leaned in to his embrace as he begin to kiss her cheek. She did love him, Jedi that he was. She had been a slicer growing up in the underground of Coruscant when his best friend Qui-Gon had come into her life, bound and chained helplessly to a wall. She had rescued the Jedi then ? but there would be nothing to rescue them now. No one could protect them from the Palpatine?s wrath. Her slicer skills had helped save them this long for she had covered their tracks well. ?I know. I love you too.?

Devin reached over and grasped his friend?s hand tightly. ?Till we meet in the Force, we are brothers.?

Kyran nodded his agreement. ?Yes.? He paused hearing a loud crash and the sound of breaking glass. ?It?s time. Ready?? he asked as he adjusted his grip on the unlit lightsaber at his belt.

?I think so.?

?On the count of three then.?

?One. Two. Three.?

Kyran dashed out of their hiding place first with Devin right behind him bellowing a Wookiee battle cry as he went determined to take as many troopers with him as possible. His lightsaber flashed as he deflected blaster bolts back along their point of origin and sliced off several limbs as he went. He let the Force fill him. He knew this was the end of his life after all his years of fighting, running, and fighting again. A sharp mechanical wheeze alerted him that there was someone behind him and a flash of sharp pain stabbed through him. He staggered and fell to his knees, realizing too late that he had missed a blaster bolt.

The Dark Lord stood over Kyran angling his blade at the fallen Jedi?s chest. Kyran raised his lightsaber with one hand attempting to block the red blade from penetrati

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wunderbar, loved the closing line from his wife, Devin's defiance, the reference to Qui-Gon.

3. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Beautiful! I also liked the reference to Qui-Gon. Nicely done!

4. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Very, very nice. They went out fighting to the last...

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh man! That gave me chills Layren!!! Oh man oh man! :_|

That was awesome! Loved how they accepted their fate and moved on! The talking thru the bond was sweeet!!!

6. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Oh my! Very emotional! And very realistic. I like that you portrayed the jedi as knowing they were going to die but still fighting and having fear. Very well done. :)

7. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Darth Ishtar Thanks! Glad you liked the Qui refernece thought it could make it a little less sad :)

AnakinsHeir Thanks so much!

Lilith Mmm yes they did :p I still blame you for my heart ache this afternoon trying to write this piece ;) :D Thanks for the comments!

Kynstar It was very hard for me to write this piece. I debated for over an hour whether or not to do it :p and even when I decided I wanted too I had trouble getting the words out. I nearly cried as I wrote it... thanks for the comments ooh and did you recognize Null from Repercussions as their hideout? :D

Kettch_the_Jedi Thanks! Whoever said Jedi show no emotion was pretty stupid ;) Kyran was afraid and he wasn't scared to admit it but he did want to die doing what was right and fighting :D Thanks for the comments! Glad it came out alright!

8. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    Aww, a very nice response, Layren! This was another of those enigmatically positive fics, in which the characters realise that becoming one with the force probably aint so bad after all :)

Very well written!

9. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't know how death can be sad when you have the force and old friends to look forward to on the other side. ;) Nicely done. :)

Jae O:)

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Mjsullivan Thanks! yes I often thought that death to a Jedi wouldn't be such a scary thing and it was the only way I could write the piece and not sob while I was doing so :p Thanks for commenting!

NarundiJedi Thanks sweetie! Glad you liked it!! Thanks for posting :)

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep I did recognize the hideout! :_| that was sooo sad!! But I loved how Qui was there to greet him!!!! :D

12. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Kynstar Glad you recognized it :D I wondered if anybody would catch it ;) That was the only way I could write this fic --w ith a good ending ..

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Just giving this a little nudge ;) so more people can read it with the challenge still going on...

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I still tear up when I read this!! :_| but it has such a beautiful ending! They're all together again!! :D

Uppers for other folks' reviewing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.