main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIC: His Place At My Side (companion piece to "Everybody Hurts")

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Jan 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

TITLE: His Place at My Side
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: 1 year Pre-TPM. Qui POV. Companion piece to ?Everybody Hurts.? (A fic that can be found on my website). Qui?s thoughts as Obi comforts him.
    ARCHIVE: Ask me first.
    MY TPM FIC WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

You can also find "Everybody Hurts" here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1602170&replies=27

====================
    His Place at My Side
    ====================

I feel the familiar presence approaching?my padawan. I?ve been here, alone in the meditation gardens, for hours now. I cannot face the horrors that I bear witness to on Relta Dar. I will not speak of them.

Obi-Wan sits at my side, his mind calm, yet filled with questions. I refuse to meet his gaze, I do not wish to relive the evil that I was forced to view on that planet. I know my apprentice means well, but I will not speak with him about this.

He attempts to comfort me with supportive words, and he tells me that he will not leave my side. This is just as hard on him as it is on me. His voice is wracked with pain. He knows not what to say, as this is a new role for my student. It is my job to be the one who comforts, the one who takes the pain away. Now, Obi-Wan has assumed the role, and he is so unsure. As I confront my own demons, I try to take on those of my apprentice as well. But I am unable to help him ease his mind.

All I want for now is to be left alone, yet at the same time, being alone is what scares me the most. I need him to remain at my side, but he should not see his Master like this. I am a Jedi; trained to handle any situation I encounter. Why then, is this experience on Relta Dar tearing my soul apart?

Obi-Wan reaches for my arm, I flinch slightly at the touch. I want nothing more than to feel the warmth and reassurance of a friends embrace, but I am afraid to reach out. For so long, I have been the comforter. Now, I am the one who seeks what I have freely given all these years.

Soothing words are repeated. Eventually, I look into the concerned eyes of the one who means so much to me. Obi-Wan. I see a young man who wants nothing more than to be there for me. He is at my side. His place at my side, where he has always been. No matter what the mission, or circumstances, he is always there. My constant shadow?my padawan?my friend and legacy.

I know he will not leave me here alone and in pain. Seeing the anguish in his young eyes, and consumed by my own pain, I reach forward, grasping at his tunic. Emotions overwhelm me and the tears that I have tried to hide, roll down my face. The feeling of caring arms surrounding my tired body, was enough to push me further over the edge. I sobbed into the embrace, my apprentice refusing to let go. We were both afraid.

How long my fears controlled me, I don?t know. What I do know, is that Obi-Wan sat with me for many hours. He held onto me, even after I had managed to regain control of my swirling emotions. I lean against him, and still he speaks quiet, gentle words. My padawan never ceases to amaze me and to make me proud. His strength during this time is remarkable.

Perhaps there will come a time in the near future in which I will open my mind to my friend, and allow him to help me deal with the terror that was Relta Dar. He would be the only one I would dare allow into these memories. With Obi-Wan, there will be no recrimination, no rush to judgement. There will be only understanding, and an unwavering support that I could not find with another.

Right now, I can let no one see what I saw. It is much to painful. I am content to stay as I am, with

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *heavy sigh*

Beautiful Obi the Kid. Nothing like Qui-mush!

3. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    *sniff* *sniff* Shed a few tears. I'm totally speechless! Can't wait for the sequel.

4. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    So sweet! I love it!

I want more please!

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks guys. I am so happy with how these 2 fics came out. I needed to torture Qui and finally figured out how!

6. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    wow. oh man... *sniff* thatwas beautiful!!! Poor Qui.

Look forward to more!!!

Awesome writing OTK!

7. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    very touching and sweet, nothing like a little torture and mush!

8. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks so much for the comments. After the sequel though, I am plum out of Qui torture ideas. Obi is so much easier to torture.

9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    That was great Obi the Kid! Again, it's great to see a fic where the situation is reversed, and you did that very well. His thoughts and emotions were very powerfully written. Is there, or will there be a fic detailing the events on Relta Dar? I'd be interested in reading that, to see why Qui-Gon is reacting so strongly. Thanks for sharing such a great story and I look forward to reading more of your work.

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks imzadi. I am actually working on a sequel as we speak. I still have no idea what happened to Qui on the planet though. What this will be about is Obi helping Qui to release the fear. But, it's still a work in progress so...

12. Maru-Ba

Maru-Ba Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    That was wonderful, almost made me cry again. *sigh* such a good writer, such good works.

13. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Oh gosh Kid! You make me cry!

14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    oh man...guys I forgot the tissues again...let me go get some..

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  16. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Up again!

17. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    That sequel sounds interesting. I think it would complement these two very well. I look forward to reading it!

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    I have part of it written, but still has a ways to go yet.

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  20. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.