main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Nothing But Trouble (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Siri one-post )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedikma, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Nothing but Trouble

Author: Jedikma

Timeframe: pre-TPM. (Obi-Wan is nineteen.)

Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Siri

Genre: Humor/Romance

Disclaimer: The usual disclaimers apply.

Summary: Master Qui-Gon gives his Padawan, Obi-Wan, advice about women.

A/N: This story was written for the Obi-Wan Challenge thread. Obaona asked me to write a love story with Obi-Wan and Siri and the only restriction was that Qui-Gon had to be featured prominently in it. (Not sure how much of a love story it is?more like a little attraction.)

Thanks to Obaona for the challenge and thanks to all the others in the Challenge Thread for the kind reviews for this story. :)

A/N 2: This is my first story for the 'Before the Saga' Thread. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nothing But Trouble

You would think I would have felt a disturbance in the Force before it happened, but I didn?t. It all was a complete surprise. She just fell, from out of nowhere, right into my arms and it was certainly a most pleasant happenstance.

I was swimming in the lake in the Temple. Bant and Garen were there, too, along with a few other Jedi Padawans. We were enjoying a free morning together, which was a rarity in itself, and we chose to have a swim at the lake. We played the usual water games and enjoyed the usual fun, when at one point I had surfaced from under the refreshing liquid, close to shore, coming up to a standing position with the water just about waist high when I instinctively caught a female falling in my direction.

There she was in my arms and she was beautiful! Her silky blonde hair fell well below her shoulders and she wore the traditional padawan braid behind her right ear. Her eyes were the most vivid blue, which hid a spark behind them?.

A spark?

?Siri?? I asked, suddenly realizing that until this point I had not recognized one of my own age mates. I hoped she hadn?t noticed the unsure tone in my voice that accompanied my query.

?Obi-Wan?? To my relief, she sounded as though she had not quite recognized me, either.

Well, when I thought about it, it had been at least three years since I saw her last and three years ago, at the age of fourteen, she was still quite young. Her hair was much shorter then, almost a boyish cut, and she was underdeveloped.

The girl in my arms was most certainly not underdeveloped! Not at all. In fact, she had more curves than should be allowed for a female that was a Jedi. And the swim clothes she wore clung nicely to every one of those curves.

?Where did you come from?? I groaned inwardly at myself for such a lame question, but lamer still was that my core accent had somehow donned an element of charm.

The funny thing was, Siri made no move to extricate herself from my arms. Indeed, she began to get comfortable there and relaxed.

?Well,? she smiled and a gentle laughed escaped her and caressed my ears. ?I didn?t just fall out of the sky, if that?s what you?re thinking. Garen thought he was going to get the better of me, and push me right in. He didn?t expect you to catch me, of course.?

?Oh.?

?Oh?? That was all I could say? What I couldn?t believe was that I wanted to say more. I wanted to say something intelligent. I wanted to say something impressive. I wanted to at least say something witty and all I came up with was, ?Oh.??

Still, she didn?t leave my arms. Even when I became vaguely aware of Garen clearing his throat, she stayed, and I let her.

?So,? she began. ?When do you suppose you will get this braid removed?? She asked, as she reached for the woven lock of hair that symbolized my current Jedi status. She gave it a gentle tug.

?At the rate I?m going, I think it will be touching the top of my toes before I get the chance to even go through the trials. What about you?? I asked. The charming tone in my voice had now set up permanent residence.

She smiled and her eyes glinted. I felt myself being inexplicably drawn to her and I couldn?t tear myself from her gaze. I could he

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehehe I had to comment here as well! Loved this! Right when things were going soooo well for our young lovers (so to speak *snrk*) then...

I know I felt my heart skip a beat. The warmth of her presence was beginning to radiate across my bare chest and the soft curves of her body were molding against me?

?Obi-Wan?? The deep rich voice of my Master boomed across the lake and through our Master/Padawan bond.

Blast!

My reaction was swift and immediate. I dropped my precious bundle into the water and she went under, arms and legs flailing. When she stood up she was wet from head to toe, which wasn?t exactly a bad sight. Her hair plastered to her face as she took one hand to brush it back. Her eyes betrayed her annoyance as that familiar spark I remembered from when we were kids directed itself at me.

?Sorry!? I fumbled as I tried to steady her, but she wouldn?t accept my help and shook off my touch. ?Sorry!?

Bant and Garen were doubled over in laughter on the shore next to us and I shot them a look that indicated that I was in no way happy with their role in this whole situation.

hehehehe! Poor Obi! Feels really small about now! And Bant and Garen! Typical friends to laugh at his 'mishap'! Poor Siri, got all wet after all! hehehe

Great work! I so loved this! :D :D

3. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Damn ky beat me to the first post, anyway very good ah what am i saying it was great loved the hole bit about men being gits not that all are *tuts* great post anyway

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Hehehheheehe just as good the second time around :D Hehehhe Obi dropped her!!! hahahahahahahahahahha I think that was my very favorite part ;)

5. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    That was great. I liked how she just fell into his arms. And then he dropped her when qui came. :) I think you should continue this story. I'd love to read more of it. ;)

Peggy

6. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I agree with Peggy. Continue this story, PLEASE.

7. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    :D Very cool. I think everyone has had an argument similar to this with their parents. I loved it.

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    You write some of the best obi-siri (AKA Siriwan???) stuff I read.

So cute!!!!!

9. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Kynstar
    Thanks! [face_blush] I'm so glad you enjoyed this story so much. You know when it comes to Garen, I can't help but feel he will spend years giving Obi-Wan crap, trouble, whatever, about this incident. It will be one of those things he will never let Obi forget. [face_laugh]

sdhfs
    The story is meant all in good fun. The truth is that when it comes to the opposite sex, whether you are male or female, it's a "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em" kind of thing. ;) Glad you like the story anyway. :)

Layren
    You know how it is when you get a story idea and you get that one part that you just have to write and basically you write the rest of the story around that? For this story, Obi-Wan dumpimg Siri in the water was that scene. :D Poor thing, she was going down no matter what the rest of the story was about! [face_laugh]

So glad you enjoyed the story! :)

masterobiwankenobi
    Thanks! [face_blush] I am not sure where I would take it next, but I will give it some thought. ;)

Lady-Kenobi
    Thanks for the vote of confidence and thanks for reading. :)

Indra
    [face_blush] Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I really wanted Qui-Gon to sound wise, but be careful of making him sound hypocritical. I also wanted him to present his argument in such a way that it was Obi-Wan's life and it was for Obi-Wan to think about.

Vongchild
    Thanks! [face_blush]

10. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

jediKma i don'k excatly know all the rules and **** like that but you can't swear so i would edit that message before you get done by a mod, and i agree with you.

11. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey Jedikma I this one really made me laugh. Because this has happened to me. Well...sorta. I was being held by someone in the pool then a friend came up behind us and scared us both and I was droped. So yeah I laughed.

This goes without saying but once again great story. :D

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    In fact, she had more curves than should be allowed for a female that was a Jedi. Cute line! Love the descriptions of Garen clearing his throat repeatedly and Bant giggling in the background.

He was quiet for a moment and I wondered if he had also noticed that I had had a girl in my arms... this whole scenario is utterly charming as is Obi-Wan's niavety.

?Well, Master, what you?re saying is that when it comes to women, men are basically stupid.? -- Well, that goes without saying! :D :D

Jedikma- that was wonderful!

13. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    This was adorable, glad to have enjoyed it a second time.

I love his distractions by a more grown up Siri. :p His nervousness and clumsy words are too precious. I think most of us remember those first attractions and coming up completely blank to do anything cool. :D

Obi-Wan trying to impress her was wonderful and I also loved him dumping her in the drink. He has good reason to fear a reaction from her. Qui?s advice was all-knowing and sound, but most never follow a wiser persons advice. :cool: Will Obi-Wan understand is the question. :cool:

Great viggie. snickers away with Bant and Garen. I agree, that?s what friends are for.

14. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    ?Well, Master, what you?re saying is that when it comes to women, men are basically stupid.?

Yeah, that about sums it up. :D This was so great. You did an amazing job with it!

15. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    sdhfs :D

Senator_Leia73
    Glad you enjoyed a good laugh. This is one of those situations that may not be funny at the time if it is happening to you, but always makes a good story later. :) Thanks!

Healer_Leona
    [face_blush] So glad you liked my little story. Humor about and between the sexes can be fun, especially if handled the right way. ;) (Hopefully I did handle it the right way.)

Altaira
    Thanks for the review here and in the Obi-Wan thread. I was getting enough positive responses that I thought the story deserved its own thread. :) I really liked the idea of Obi-Wan suddenly realizing that Siri had grown up. (It is amazing when you don't see a certain kid for a couple of years how much they can change.) Then follow that up with the idea he wants to impress her. It was a fun idea to work with. :D

VadersMistress
    Thanks! [face_blush] I can tell you are a girl wise beyond your years!!! :)

16. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    I enjoyed this greatly. I think it is very well written, and a good story. LOL, oh the imagery of poor Obi dropping Siri in the water. He's in for some female wrath....

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    How did I miss this the first time? You really should expand this, it is too good to end it here! Wonderful work, Jedikma, as usual!

18. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

I agree with vadie write a sequel or something.

19. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    A cute little fic- really does a lot to remind the reader of what its like when they meet a special somebody for the first time. Granted, it wasnt the first time Siri and Obi-Wan ever met, but they had been removed from each other for over three years so this re-introduction was... intresting, to say the least.

As for Qui-Gon's advice- very wise indeed.

Then I stand on what I said earlier, ?Women are nothing, but trouble?.?

the words of a true player :p

good story as always, Jedikma. I echo Kim's sentiments- write a sequel!

20. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    ruffem
    [face_blush] Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the story. I imagine Siri will find some good way to retaliate.... :D

VaderLVR64
    :D [face_blush] Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the story. I haven't come up with an idea for more yet, but I will think about it. I have been working on my romance challenge story for the Obi-Wan Challenge thread and that one my turn into a multi post story.

sdhfs
    :) I'll have to think about it.

Vivid_Scripts
    Obi-Wan had not seen Siri just long enough that he was just a little smitten. I think naturally he would want to try to be impressive. :D It was a fun story to write. :)

21. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Wonderful. I have just recently found myself adoring Obi-Wan and Siri and your story makes me adore it all the more.

22. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    What a great Obi/Siri story! And to see Qui-Gon in it was an extra treat. Loved it! :D

23. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Very sweet Jedikma. I loved seeing Obi's nervousness and about died when he dumped Siri in the water.

That was a neat little heart-to-heart between Qui and Obi.

24. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    ZaraValinor
    Thanks for reading! :) Obi-Wan and Siri are so fun to write together and I very much adore them, too. :D

LukesTheMan
    Thanks! [face_blush] Truth be told I enjoyed writing this one, too. ;) I thought I would have trouble writing Qui-Gon, but once I got started he worked into the story nicely. I was happy with the way it turned out. :)

Master_Noi
    Hello! And welcome to one of my little offerings. :) You will soon find I am sort of obsessed with Obi-Wan and Siri. I just really love the way they interact with each other and so I am inspired to write them. :D Thanks for reading and I'm so happy you enjoyed this story. [face_blush] You will find that most of my stories are light-hearted and I like humor, too. :)

25. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Very cute. :) Teenage awkwardness is great. :p

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.