main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire and Ice: Darkness Forever....fifth in series....Lurker Appreciation Week has begun!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Fire and Ice: Darkness Forever (fifth in a series)
    Authors: Durhelediel and Layren
    Rating: PG
    Disclaimer: All Star Wars characters belong to George Lucas?but who's to say that we can't come up with our own stuff for 'em every now and then?and day?
    Summary: Reeling from the death of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon is not given much time to grieve when Xanatos once again invades his life. Seeking death, Qui-Gon decides to meet his former padawan?and will instead find life.

Chapter One

He waited for the news to reach him of Obi-Wan Kenobi's death. He watched patiently for the rebuttal, the slightest sign that the Jedi were too hasty in their pronouncement and that Obi-Wan was in fact alive and well...again. To his surprise, the retraction never came. It seemed as if Obi-Wan Kenobi had finally been given his due reward. A slow smile spread across his cold, pale features that were marred only by a broken circle, and he flipped his long black hair over his shoulder impatiently. With Obi-Wan's death, Qui-Gon would be exceptionally vulnerable. The time for his move was now. He stood and began the preparations for Qui-Gon's imminent arrival.

--------

Qui-Gon sighed and wiped tears from his eyes for what seemed like the millionth time that afternoon. His precious Obi-Wan was gone and there was nothing he could do to bring him back ever again. He would never again see the boy's dimpled smile as he achieved something that he worked for, he would never again be able to give him a hug, and what was bothering him the most was that he would never be able to cut off the boy's braid as a proud Master and see Obi-Wan take a padawan of his own. His friends had rallied around him, but he didn't want company. Not at this stage in his grief. He needed to be alone and sort things out for himself. Grudgingly Kyran had complied, though Qui-Gon knew that his friend didn't like leaving his side even for a few minutes these days. Obi-Wan lay in state in an airy room, but he couldn't bear to have the funeral so soon. Qui-Gon knew he had to say good bye sometime?but something was holding him back. He knew it was probably just his grief, but for now his friends went along with it.

Lana walked slowly into the room then stopped as she saw Qui-Gon sitting there. "I've...just been to see Obi-Wan," she said quietly, feeling the need to say something, anything, to fill the silence. "Master Yoda asks if today is the day for us to commit his body by burning?"

Qui-Gon shook his head. "No. I know nobody believes me, but I don't think this is the right time. Give me a few more days." His eyes pleaded with Lana for understanding.

"Qui," she said softly, "it's been four days already." She sighed. "But I'll tell them." Quickly, she gave him a hug, and then left him alone.

He sighed deeply and stood to go make himself a sandwich from the kitchen. He really wasn't hungry, but he knew that Kyran would force food down his throat at some point if he didn't eat since he hadn't eaten but twice since his padawan's death. His mind on other matters, he knocked his drink to the floor and jumped backwards out of instinct. He looked around as if half expecting to see his padawan, with a reddening tint on his cheek, whisper, "I'm sorry, Master, let me clean that up?"?but there was nothing, only the silence of his own breathing as he bent over and tried to wipe the mess up.

---------

Lana walked to a rarely used room in the Temple that was heavily shrouded with long windows and a ceiling that could open to the sky. It was here that Jedi could be interred back to the Force?or, rather, their bodies. It was here that Obi-Wan lay, still and silent, surrounded by flowers and heaps of wreaths sent by friends and other Jedi from near and far. Obi-Wan had had more friends than he had probably known.

A sniff brought Lana's head around and she spotted a lone figure sitting in the shadows near Obi-Wan. "Bant," she said, suddenly very tired of having to be the only one around the Temple who was the strong one. "You need to go to your rooms. Go eat or someth

2. Rogue_JediKnight

Rogue_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    WooHoo! Obi-Wan returns from the dead - yes! Han'yaie should completely flake out and retire after this one :eek:

Now they just have to check Qui-Gon's caller ID and jet off to save him and tell him the good news :D and in the mean time Qui don't do anything stupid.

Whew, the angst meter has temporarily returned to the normal range :p ;)

Rogue

3. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Rogue- poor Han'yaie. lol

::watches angst meter carefully, with an eye knowing the future in this series:: It'll go back up, trust me...

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Snrk* typical of Xan.... hehehehehe

Poor Bant! Oh wow... Kyran actually is letting Qui have some privacy? Hopefully someone will check the com logs..

Wow... Obi is breathing again? How bizare is that?? SWEET puppies!!! *does a jig* and I thought he was gonna be gone for good! *Ahem* I mean... [face_blush] that juz didn't come out the right way. Heheheheh

Great beginning!!!

5. M-vampier

M-vampier Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2004
    Okay, now I can breath again.

Greate start!

I hope Qui-gon isn't going to do somthing rash. :)

6. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kynstar- Hey now! Watch it! lol

Vampier- Qui do something rash? Never! lol

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    HE LIVES!!!!!!!! *takes a deep breath* WOOT!!!

Hey, and Qui doesn't know. Picked the right time to leave didn't he *rolls eyes* STupid Xan. More soon!!

8. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Arwen - Of course "stupid Xan". lol And, yes, more will be up tonight (CST) after I get off work.

9. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004

Yay, Now that is more like it. Way to bring him back! You are bring him back aren't you? Any way good start.

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wait, it could be those little parasites are using Obi as a zombie....

11. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    JediKnights- Now why would I be a nice author and tell you that ahead of the reading of the story?? lol

Diane- Ok, ok, now i think you're going crazy... lol I can safely say that there is no zombie Obi. ::Gets a funny mental picture of Obi with his arms straight out and humming:: lmbo

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Humming? I was more like thinking "Brainz! Brainzzzz!" *snrk* hehehehehe

13. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Two

Xanatos stood on Telos with a rather simple device in his hands. The lean figure waited patiently for the tall Jedi to emerge from the ship, then calmly handed him the Force collar. "Put this on, or they all die right now," he said in the way of greeting, holding up another device that linked to explosives.

"They who?" Qui-Gon said with his arms folded across his chest. "You have yet to give me proof that you are even holding any hostages." He looked pointedly around at the empty grasslands around them.

Xanatos gave a long mock sigh and his thumb hovered over the button. "Would your precious conscience allow you to take the chance? Would Obi-Wan?" He raised a finely cultured eyebrow.

Qui-Gon hesitated for only a fraction of a second. He knew his conscience wouldn't be able to bear the burden of more innocent deaths on his behalf. With trembling fingers, he willfully began to clasp the Force collar around his rather large neck, then gasped as he finished doing the last clasp. He felt like he was suffocating as the collar did its work of suppressing his Force abilities. He could no longer feel the world around him with eyes that belonged to the Force; he could barely breathe. He panted and fell to his knees, clawing at the device around his neck as panic set in, attempting to get it off. Why had he put that thing around his neck? What in the Force had he been thinking?

Xanatos watched in satisfaction as the collar's dials turned green. "Now things will finally start to turn out the way that I want them to," he told Qui-Gon softly. "Without your precious Force, I have taken everything that is special away from you?barring Obi-Wan, but had I the chance I would have gladly been the one to poison him to death. Unfortunately, my face is too well known at the Temple to sneak in effectively. But no matter. You are here, and..." he made a great flourish of turning off the explosives, "here you will stay."

Xanatos watched Qui-Gon's panic for a few moments in silence. "Oh, Qui-Gon..." he finally called softly, waiting to see if Qui-Gon would hear his words. "Qui-Gon, look over here at me..."

Qui-Gon tried frantically to get the collar away from his neck even as he turned his head in Xanatos's direction, wondering what he wanted.

Xanatos held up the key to the explosives again. "Take it off, and they die." His voice was soft, but steel lay behind it. He meant every word.

Qui-Gon gasped for breath and glared at Xanatos, but he moved his hand away from the collar. Breathing was a struggle with that thing around his neck. He felt as if he were choking and could barely get enough air.

Xanatos tsked. "Did you close it too tightly? Now that won't do. I want you alive for a few more days to suffer, not to choke to death on me right now." He glided over to his former master and his long, skeletal fingers made a quick adjustment which allowed the collar to slacken?just barely. "Better?" he asked mockingly as he stepped away again.

Qui-Gon nodded once as he felt his breathing begin to become more eased. He took a deep breath and another, wishing that he had the Force to fill him with every breath like usual. He massaged the very bottom of his neck?the only part that he could touch.

Xanatos gave him a disdainful glance. "Now that we are all comfortable I think we should eat. I have worked hard lately to ensure your arrival so I desire a good meal. You, on the other hand, get to watch me eat." He turned on his heel and walked toward what looked like a large door in a grassy hill. Once there, he turned and lifted an eyebrow. "Coming? Or do you need persuasion again?"

"That won't be necessary," Qui-Gon said as he managed to gain his feet, still trying to cope without feeling the Force as his ever-present ally.

Xanatos turned and entered his home, knowing that Qui-Gon would follow. Yes, he had been indeed preparing for his former master's arrival. Unfortunately Zandora could not be here for this pleasure of his, but his love was currently preoccupied...elsewhere. He let a s

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great chappie! Evil sly Xan! ;) Poor Qui... for the kids... 'tis all he was thinking of. And now... uh oh...Xan knows Obi is still alive!!

Man oh man how sneaky is that? But Xan juz might have screwed up talking for so long ;) specially with Lana's skills at slicing ;) she could possibly track that signal. But I'm sure that Telos would be the first spot they'd check anyhoo.

Great work!! :D

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Good thing I caught the uppdate, I was just about to his the sack! EVIL Xan evil!! Once again, I like it though. MORE MORE MORE!

16. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Dude! Ya'll are quick! I just got the thing up! lol

Kynstar- Even with Lana's skills, do you honestly think that Xani will make it that easy on them to find Qui? guess again.... lol

Arwen- Yes, evil Xani!! Stay outta my head! Boy with all my borrowed and OC psychotic characters I think I'm starting to worry people. haha!

17. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Oh no! Poor Qui-Gon :( Having the Force stripped away from him like that.

And it's bad enough that Xanatos has Qui-Gon but now he knows that Obi-Wan is still alive.

I can only hope that Lana can track down Xanatos and they can save Qui-Gon in time. And poor Obi-Wan is going to wake up and find out what's going on and freak out :eek:

The angst meter is once again on the rise [face_mischief]

Another great job ladies :D
    Rogue

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Rogue- Told ya the angst meter would rise again! ::evil laughter:: bwahahahaahaha

19. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Three

Qui-Gon awoke slowly, feeling as if he'd been dragged behind a speeder for several hours. His head was throbbing to the beat of his heart and the light in his head was still dampened by the Force collar around his neck. He winced as he tried to move?a useless gesture. Xanatos had quite thoroughly tied him down to the durasteel table. A draft of air blew through the room and he shivered. He dimly wondered why he was so cold. As he became more aware he took in his surroundings. There was a fireplace with hot coals on the side of one wall. Very comfortable looking chairs lined the wall to his left and little tables stood next to them with pitchers and bowls of exotic fruits. Another draft blew across him and, curious, craned his neck to see down his body. To his surprise he saw that he'd been completely stripped while he had been unconscious and that he had no means with which to cover himself. He sighed, wondering what Xanatos planned to do with him, although it was obvious from the various implements sitting on one of the expensive tables that it wasn't going to be pleasant.

Just then Xanatos waltzed in, followed closely by a group of five people: two women and three men. The people were chatting as they took the chairs by the wall, some of them ignoring him and others staring at him with wicked grins on their faces.

Xanatos stood in front of Qui-Gon, but faced the people. "Greetings, honored guests," he said with a theatrical air. "As you can see, I have delivered on my promise to provide the most exotic entertainment that you will yet see in this galaxy: the slow death of a Jedi Master. Notice, if you will, the Force collar around his neck. This keeps his ability to heal himself, contact others, free himself, or other bothersome means of interrupting our entertainment, from occurring. Please make your donations at the door as you leave today." He glanced back at Qui-Gon and let a half-smile touch his lips when he added, "I'm sure you'll get your credits' worth."

Qui-Gon raised a brow at Xanatos and the others in his wake. "Are you going to provide the entertainment, Xanatos, or do you still not like getting your hands dirty?"

Xanatos smirked. "Oh, for you, Master, I prefer to 'dirty my hands'." He turned to the other people. "Any questions before we begin?"

Qui-Gon snorted. "I have a question. Why don't you just record it and save your friends the effort of watching a live performance? I'm sure they have better things to be doing and people of their own to torture."

The five laughed at his quip, and one of the women made a very open show of gazing at his body. "Don't worry, Jedi," she called out with a suggestive leer. "This is much better live." The other woman laughed throatily and the men chuckled.

Qui-Gon's face flushed with embarrassment and he tried to move to cover his modesty?but the restraints dug into his arms and ankles making it impossible to move. He tried not to think about what would be coming?but without the Force controlling his thoughts he found it was much more difficult.

"Oh, look! He's modest too!" the other woman said, screeching with laughter.

Xanatos' smirk widened. "This is only the beginning," he promised Qui-Gon in a low tone. Then he faced the group again. "What would you like to see first? Physical, or mental pain?" His attitude was one of placate waiting, though he seethed inwardly to have to rely on these people to tell him what he was to do with Qui-Gon now that he finally had him. Unfortunately, he needed the credits and this was a good way to kill two mynocks with one throw.

Qui-Gon shook his head in disgust and his mind reeled with revulsion at how far Xanatos had fallen. He knew his former apprentice had not always been like this and that knowledge helped Qui-Gon keep his sanity. He tried again to reach for the Force but could not. He felt blind and deaf.

"Do something physical," one of the men imperiously demanded.

Qui-Gon noticed the flicker of disgust on Xanatos' face as he turned toward Qui-Gon again. "Ve

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Yay! He's back!!!

Now we just need to get Qui-Gon and him reunited once more! Poor Obi, coming back from the dead and not even having his master be there!!!

I'm finally caught up on this series and really enjoying it! Can't wait for more!!!

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey hey hey! Hrmmm naked Qui... wonder how much Xan would charge for private time prior to torture? *snrk*

:oops: Oh for shame of me... I can't cheat on my lusty Count now can I? [face_love]

Even though I think his apprentice is pretty hot too ;) hehehe (Qui)

Poor Qui... doesn't know that Obi is alive...

Hey now... watch those privy areas! Ack! That has to smart... not looking forward to what he has planned next... poor Qui!

Your Xan is quitefully interesting! hehehe that is one way to raise money! hehehehe

Great work once more!!!

22. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Snow- Glad that you've caught up! Glad to have you again.

Kynstar- Calm down girl!! ::holds out drool bucket::

23. Rogue_JediKnight

Mar 19, 2002
    Well damn! That was an interesting dichotomy of emotions!

On the one hand:
    Tied and naked - Mmmmm yummy - borrows Kynstar's drool bucket before I slip and fall :p :D

On the other:
    But hey! That's only so Xanatos can torture him (insert righteous indignation here) - Bad Xani! :mad:

And I sure hope no one is plotting to take over the Temple or discussing anything else involving sensitive data since everyone would know immediately - discretion people, it's not just a word ;)

Now the only way to keep Obi-Wan from going after Qui-Gon will be to keep him heavily sedated.

Still waiting on Lana and Kyran to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Great job,
    Rogue

24. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Rogue- ::looks around for bunnies:: Um, they might ... Keep reading!!

25. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    **Note: Some of this chapter had to be edited to fit board requirements.**

Chapter Four

The people had been gone, satisfied with their entertainment. Idiots. They did not know how much Xanatos loathed the Jedi that he had captured. But now that they were gone, he was free to do with Qui-Gon what he wished?and he wished a lot.

Qui-Gon moaned as his eyes fluttered open, but all he could see was blackness. His breathing grew panicked. He could see nothing. He could feel nothing. His breathing grew more rapid as he realized he couldn't see or sense anything at all. He tried to recall where he was but without sight to aide him he couldn't remember. Vague images of Xanatos holding a plant flashed through his mind?pain like he'd never felt before on his eyes. That must've been what happened. Slowly, he managed to calm his breathing to a more normal level, easing the panic away with the simple exercise that did not require the Force.

Xanatos sat in one of the comfortable chairs that lined the walls, watching Qui-Gon thoughtfully. He propped his chin in his hand, waiting throughout what appeared to be a panic attack that came over Qui-Gon. Finally, as he knew it would, the attack ceased and Qui-Gon breathed normally again. "It's maddening, isn't it," Xanatos said in a soft, conversational tone, "to be without sight, without feeling. To feel helpless, hopeless, and know that no one will come for you."

"If you recall correctly," Qui-Gon retorted, looking around at the sound of Xanatos's voice but not being able to figure out where exactly in the room he was. "The reason you jumped in that acid pool in the first place was for me to have to live with your death and to prevent me from saving you. It was your choice to jump."

Xanatos stood up quickly. "Choice?" he hissed. "What choice did I really have? To go to the Jedi? To be prosecuted for living as I wanted to live, instead of walking around dusty halls the rest of my life? For wanting more than what the Temple could give me as they tried to keep my wealth from me?" He walked closer to Qui-Gon. "Oh, yes," he said, sarcasm dripping from his tone. "I had a 'choice'."

"I will not engage in this pointless debate with you, Xanatos. You know why I made my choices and you made your own. Now you are living with the consequences."

"No," Xanatos corrected his former Master. "Now you are living with your consequences. Obi-Wan died when you could have prevented it, and now this. You have fled from your consequences for too long, Qui-Gon Jinn. Now face the consequences of your former padawan!" Chest heaving, Xanatos stalked over to a pit filled with coals. Using long metal tongs, he extracted the three biggest coals and came back to his master. The blisters from the eels of six hours ago were only now starting to heal without the Force. "I am going to give you a taste of the hell I had to endure to get away from my 'choices'."

Qui-Gon flinched more at the reminder that Obi-Wan was dead because of the choices of his actions than at whatever Xanatos was planning. Guilt burned into him and he glanced around, trying to follow the sound of his former padawan's voice as he finally wondered what the clinking noise that he was hearing belonged to.

With a muffled glee, Xanatos released the tongs...and the coals. The red hot mounds of burning fire dropped directly onto Qui-Gon's chest.

Qui-Gon yelled out in pain, heat on his chest. Heat blisters began to form and the longer the coals were on his chest, the larger they became. He gasped for breath and could barely get enough air. The pain of the heat and the pain of the collar was suffocating him. He couldn't breathe. He jerked hard against his restraints in an attempt to knock the burning points of fire off of him.

Xanatos watched with a dispassionate face as Qui-Gon writhed on the table. Finally, Qui-Gon managed to knock the coals off onto the floor. One of them landed on the top of Xanatos' black boot but with a quick shake it was off. "Feel the coals burning into you, Qui-Gon?" he asked q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.