main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In the Morning - Qui/Obi one post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AthenaLeigh, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    title - In the Morning
    author - Athena Leigh
    summary - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan take a vacation. Qui-Gon thinks about his life and his Padawan.

note - Qui-Gon's POV. Faramir is a creation of my Padawan and me and is not to be stolen. Obviously, we have borrowed his name from Professor Tolkien's works. He's one of our favorites, both of him. ;)

In the Morning

We sit here in the dark. You are leaning against my shoulder; you fell asleep a couple of hours ago. I have not let sleep claim me yet. I sit here watching the night sky; a few stars still streak through the heavens. You enjoyed watching the meteor shower so much, but once it passed its peak, you just could not keep your eyes open any longer.

It was good to have this little vacation; even Jedi need to relax. The half moon is rising over the sea, its light playing off the waves and dancing along with the ocean currents. I see you in its faint light, gleaming off your hair and along your round cheeks. The sea, reaching to infinity beyond the sky and disappearing down the beach on either side, slaps gently along the shoreline, creating a soothing noise. I blink to keep back the slumber it draws me toward.

Dawn is only an hour or so away. Though I am tired, I have enough strength to lift you into my arms. As I head to the house, I hear a noise and turn to see Faramir standing. I had almost forgotten he had come to watch the sky show with us. "Come on, boy," I call and he trots along behind me to the porch.

I remember the day you brought him home. Master Yoda says you learned such behavior from me; I think you had it in you always. Either way, I am sure you did a good thing. That little pup has become very important to both of us.

I sit upon the porch swing; I am not yet ready to go inside when the beautiful stars are yet unhidden. I settle you between my legs; you are too big now to sit in my lap and still rest comfortably against my shoulder, which is where I rest your sleep-laden head. Faramir scampers up and climbs into your lap, nestling his nose under your hand and resting his head there. It looks as if you have fallen asleep petting him.

I smile, knowing I am so lucky to have you both. Lucky and undeserving is how I feel of having two such precious souls in my life. You are both now asleep upon me, but I do not feel the weight as a burden. I feel it as an assurance of goodness and light, and that those are a part of my life. Without you, I would be so much less, hardly worth being at all.

The horizon is lightening. I reflect on how my own horizons were brightened by you, my Padawan, and how many times I have had to reach for you to keep from falling into darkness. You are my anchor when times are rough, and they often are. Together we are stronger. With you in my life, I feel assured of my place.

Sometimes I worry so of losing you. What would I do then? I think of all the corruption there is in the universe, but then I look at you and remember that there is so much goodness, and the best of that is here in my arms at this moment. At times like this, I think that I would die if I lost you, that I could not hold back the abyss on my own, but I know that I would go on because that is what you would want.

The sun is near rising, and its light filters over the horizon. It rouses you, though your eyelids barely lift. You mutter, "Master, I dun want to go home," then bury your face in my tunic, seeking that sanctuary of rest.

"Neither do I," I whisper, then rest my cheek on your head and rock you back to sleep.

I smile at the two of you, my boys, our little family. I must be the most fortunate being in the galaxy. I am happy just to be here with you and to listen to you breathing softly and to know you love me. That is enough to give me reason to live. Thoughts of all that is wrong and cruel creep upon my tired senses and try to tell me to let go, but just knowing that I have you keeps me sane.

I watch as the burning reds and bright pink and orange fade from the sky. Day is beginning, but not for us. I lift you once more; Fa

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I remember reading this! How sweet! I loved it then and still love it! [face_love] those two together! And Obi saying he doesn't want to go. How sweet was that! :D

Great job!!

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, how sweet. I loved the image of Qui rocking Obi to sleep. That's just so father and son.

Wonderful. =D=

4. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    So sweet! I loved this side of these two! Lovely work.

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    awe, that's so sweet and beautifuly written. Great job!

6. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Awwww!!!!!! I vaguely remember reading this forever ago, I'm not sure if I reviewed or not, but I loved it, so I should!!
    Your sky/star descripts. are awesome, as I've come to recognise in your style. I really get the feeling of night, like, not just because you say "it's night"...like, you write it cool-like, with night-words and everything. You can kinda hear the swing creaking. :) Do you know what I mean? Very sweet, very beautiful. I likes it!!!

7. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    So sweet. [face_love] Very enjoyable. :)

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So sweet! O:) Loved it!

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *sigh* That really tugs the old heart strings and in the most enjoyable way. Lovely Anthena, simply lovely.

10. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks, Kyn, I'm glad you like it so much. It's one of my favorite pieces (of course, anything I put Faramir in is a favorite :) *hugs puppy*) so it means a lot to me.

JediMaster_Jen Thank you very much, that's one of my favorite images of them, just sitting together quietly.

MY-T-Chewbacca Thank you, it's fun to write this sort of piece.

Thank you, Arwen-Jade_Kenobi. I'm glad you liked it.

Lol, yes, Jess, I know exactly what you mean. I try to be as descriptive as I can. I'm glad that picture came across so clearly to you. :) Thanks muchly.

red_rose_knight Thank you very much!

VaderLVR64 I'm glad! Thank you!

Leona Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed. Like I said, it's one of my favorites, so I enjoy that others enjoy it too... or something. ;) I just thought they needed a little vacation with their pup.

11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Ah, that was nice and so sweet! Thanks for giving me the heads up on it. :)

12. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks, Arwyn, no problem. I'm glad you liked it. I need to write some more stories with the pup. :) Maybe dig up the original where they got him.

13. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was very touching. A great look at Qui-Gon's vulnerability. =D=

14. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks, LE. Probably sad but I never thought of it that way. That's exactly what is though, isn't it? I'm glad you liked it. I need to stop letting ideas like this take over my head. ;) Unless they come out well.

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. I loved the image of the sun rising and the three of them. Nicely done.

16. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    A beautifully written story. I'm quite impressed by your portrayal of these two wonderful characters.

17. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks, Diane. I thought it was quite a nice image, but of course the sun is none too friendly to sleepy eyes. ;)

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Thank you very much. I'm glad I could make an impression. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.