main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~newfic~ Destiny's Fyre

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by AppearDreamer, Jan 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AppearDreamer

AppearDreamer Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2001
    my first post of one of my fix. Please read and send feedback. Criticisms (constructive) and complimets are welcomed, i will read the flames, and then throw them out the window. Thank you.
    ~*~

Destiny's Fyre

Part 1:a

Destiny

It shouldn't have ended like this.

Never like this. He promised. He gave his word, and his downfall would be what he had promised. The galaxy would suffer, because of his pride, and it was his fault.
    It didn't have to end like this.
    ~*~*~*~*~*

Obi-Wan Kenobi called out the name, which he had grown so used to for the past years. "Master!" he cried, helplessly. He ran over to the limp body, the proud blue eyes, looking upon his crying face for the last time, his strong body, weak in the Padawan's arms. The tears flowed down Obi-Wan's face, and began soaking both the master and the student's tunic.

Qui-Gon looked at his student, as he began to speak softly, "Ani-Obi-Wan! It's-It's too late. The Force wills it to be so!" Obi-Wan shook his head sorrowfully, "No, No!", his voice trembled, and he did not fight the wave of emotion slamming into his body. "Obi-Wan, I loved you as a Son, and a student, and you must continue on. Please Padawan, Promise me! Promise me you will train the boy!" Obi-Wan nodded, "Yes Master" Qui-Gon's proud features began to crumble, and his deep blue eyes began to cloud. "He-he is the chosen one. He will bring balance to the Force. Train him", as the hand he had placed to wipe away the tears on Obi-Wan's face fell to his side. The Jedi Master's body fell limp, and Obi-Wan gave a short sob, before clutching the body, as he cried. The tears soaked into the tunic of his teacher, and he whispered, "Master! Master!" over and over before blinking the tears away, and laying the body on the ground.

~*~
    more soon...

AppearDreamer

2. AppearDreamer

Jan 14, 2001
    i'm posting part 1;b, because it makes the whole thing easier to read and it continues the thing. read and enjoy.

appeardreamer

Destiny's Fyre

Part 1:b

He grabbed the green bladed light-saber as he walked back to Theed, every so often taking a hand and wiping away the stinging tears on his cheeks. As he made his way into the power generator area, he knelt on the ground, trying to reach out somewhere to his Master, as he clutched the light-saber in his hand. Realizing this would do him no good, he began to wind his way to the Theed main hangar.
    He made his way to the door, and before opening it took a shuddering breath, as he looked at his reflection in the door. His singed tunic was wet from his hot flowing tears and he wiped his red rimmed eyes. Pressing it open, he walked over to where he and Qui-Gon's cloak were. He picked up his own robe, and placed it over himself, letting the hood fall over his face. He looked at the scene surrounding him. Amidala, her handmaidens, and Panaka stood overseeing the rebuilding of Naboo. Amidala spied him and jogged over, a small but triumphant smile resting on her features. She looked up towards him, and her face changed abruptly. "What's the matter? Where's Qui-Gon?" Obi-Wan closed his eyes before continuing, "Your highness, as you know, we met your attacker. He was an unknown Sith and he is defeated, but"- he choked, "My master is one with the Force." Amidala took a step back, "No, oh no." She bowed her head and Obi-Wan held the young girl in his powerful arms. Her body seemed small and fragile, as it was racked with strong sobs, and he heard her crying in his arms.
    She pressed out of his embrace and he looked at her before asking, "Where is Anakin?" The boy, the boy he promised to train. Not for him, but for Qui-Gon.

Amidala wiped her eyes,"He-he is coming back now, with Bravo Squadron." The Jedi jolted out of his reverie. "What?", he asked.

She looked at him, and gave him a weak smile. "Anakin saved us all. He destroyed the droid control ship." He looked over, outside the hangar bay, where a lone Naboo Star Fighter flew into the hangar and landed on the ground.
    Amidala looked at Obi-Wan, "Will you be all right?" he asked her.
    "I'm fine." She responded and gave him a quick hug. He began to walk over to where the boy was getting out. He stood under the ship, as the boy jumped onto the ground. Anakin looked up at Obi-Wan, "Oh- hello, Obi-Wan, sir" he said cheerfully. Obi-Wan kneeled down to the boy's level. "Where is master Qui-Gon?" he asked. Obi-Wan moved closer to the boy. "Ani-he was strong in the Force, but no one is that strong." Anakin looked at him with confused blue eyes, "What do you mean?" Obi-Wan shook his head sadly, "He-he is gone Ani!" he choked.

The boy shook his head, the hot tears inevitably making rivulets down his small face. Obi-Wan embraced the boy and he fell lime in the Jedi's arms. He lifted the boy with his strong arms, and carried him to where Eritae, one of the handmaidens was standing. "Do you have a room where we can go?" he asked. Surprised, the girl answered him, "Yes! I'll lead you to it." He said one last thing before entering the room in Theed.

"Make a call to Coruscant. The Jedi temple. Give them code Moonshadow, echo 7."
    She nodded, and he continued, his voice trembling. "Tell them I'm all right, and tell them-
    "-Tell them Master Jinn is dead."
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    But that was a long time ago, and things had changed. Everything was crumbling, everything he had, he loved, and he cherished. Everyone close to him was changed, and it was his entire fault.

3. AppearDreamer

Jan 14, 2001
    this story will not be continued. no one read it, and so i will let it fizzle untill it dissappears from the topic listings. its too depressing to go and be searching the lists and seeing it. if you read it, yippie for you, but there will be no continuation. if you want to read the rest, go look for it. i'm really not that great at html, and do not feel obligated to post a link.

do not reply to this story, you will get nowhere, i would rather it just slip away, if you please.

dreamer

4. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Noooooooooo. I just found this story and its great. Those posts were so sad, poor Obi. Keep posting more readers will show up. =)

5. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    No don't stop. I know it can be depressing that no one posts replies to your story(s) but this is too good to just let die!

6. AppearDreamer

Jan 14, 2001
    haha! this makes me feel loved, and plus, i was in a really straaange mood last night, kinda pissed at everyone, so i was being b*****

sorry about that.

so i'll post part 2 real soon

thanks for the support!
    dreamer

7. AppearDreamer

Jan 14, 2001
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    But that was a long time ago, and things had changed. Everything was crumbling, everything he had, he loved, and he cherished. Everyone close to him was changed, and it was his entire fault.<br>
    <br>
    ~*~*~*~*~<br>
    <br>
    He was sitting in his study, when his Padawan entered. His room in the Temple was small, as was most, but still he really had no other home. He had kept it sparsely furnished, save for the holo?s of his late master, and his family which he hadn?t seen in over 20 years. The beautiful rock he had received on his 13th birthday from Qui-Gon sat on the dresser next to his lightsaber. Anakin entered, his blond hair still spiky form his hair cut and the blonde braid trailing down his tunic. ?Master!? he greeted him. Obi-Wan fluttered his eyelids open from his levitation meditation. Floating down to the ground he walked over to his young apprentice. Anakin seemed troubled and he sat down on the stone ground. Obi-Wan walked over and sat beside him, thinking of another time, when Qui-Gon had been his mentor, teacher, father, friend. At that time, he could always sense what was wrong. But now the roles were reversed. Obi-Wan was the Master to Anakin Skywalker, and at times, wished he knew more. The young man seemed to take a deep breath. ?Master?? he asked hesitantly.<br>
    Obi-Wan nodded encouragingly, and Ani looked down before continuing. <br>
    <br>
    ?How did Master Qui-Gon die?? Obi-Wan blinked, surprised at the abrupt question. Dredging up painful memories of his only father, who had perished before his eyes, was not what he had in mind. The nightmares that had haunted him for days after the battle, and had only now returned. The day he had seen his master die.<br>
    <br>
    <i>They had fought through the eerie, glowing darkness of the power generator area and Obi-Wan stared through the last red wall, hoping that somehow, this time would be different. Qui-Gon raised his arms, before giving Obi-Wan a pleading look, before the shock and anguish appeared on his face. He slumped to the ground, the light-saber clattering loudly to the cold stone floor. </i><br>
    <br>
    He snapped out of his daze as he realized Anakin was looking at him, concerned.<br>
    <br>
    ?Master? Are you alright?? Obi-Wan took in a shuddering breath before asking, ?You want to know- what happened?? he was surprised he hadn?t told Anakin before. His padawan nodded solemnly. Obi-Wan began to speak, telling the story, painful as it was, sometimes choking over his words, as his padawan looked at the ground. Obi-Wan finished and exhaled softly, closing his eyes. Anakin shook his head, and squeezed his eyes shut.<br>
    <br>
    Obi-Wan sighed, and looked at his apprentice. ?You?d better get some sleep, padawan.? Anakin nodded to his master, and left to the adjoining room. Walking to the window, he stared out at the glowing city, and looked into the sky for any sign of a star. On Coruscant, the city?s lights clouded the atmosphere, and seeing a star was rare. Obi-Wan wondered about the question Anakin had asked him, hoping that his Padawan wouldn?t be disturbed by what Obi-Wan had told him. Obi-Wan rubbed his temples, and walked to the pallet to get some sleep. He stared at the ceiling and fervently wished that he wouldn?t have the dream again. Turning over into the cool sheets, he had a bad feeling it would return<br>
    <br>

~~~~~~
    hahahah. more coming soon, if you want it, and please tell people to read more. if some enjoy it, thats enough for me.

dreamer

8. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Yeah! You continued! Like I said before...Poor Obi and Ani. I would say more but I'm tired. =) Post more!

9. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More!

Ok I think I said it enough!

10. AppearDreamer

Jan 14, 2001
    awww, i feel all warm and tingly. :)

thanks for your support, its awesome.
    i should have a post up tonight or tomorrow morning!

thanks again guys!

dreamer

11. BluJediLapis

BluJediLapis Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    dreamer, here, posting under my other name. this one for the Chicago fan force.

like i promised, part 2:b

(Okay, for those of you just joining us, Obi-Wan just went to bed, so this is probably all a dream.....)

Destiny_ part 2:b

Obi-Wan looked through the red, glaring wall at his master fighting the opponent. The Sith lord fought, the black hood covering his face. Everything seemed to be moving slow, and Obi-Wan blinked at the garish red screen. Obi-Wan could not tell if he saw or felt the Sith lord grinning, but Qui-Gon abruptly stopped and stood silent and still, staring at Obi-Wan. He extinguished the glowing blade, and dropped the handle to the floor, making a loud clatter in the silence. The Sith lord plunged the light-saber through Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan flinched at his master?s face contorting in pain, his eyes closing, and his body slumping to the floor. The Sith laughed, and shook his hood off to reveal his face. The bright blue eyes shone, and his face grinned with laughter.
    Obi-Wan slumped to the floor, and cried an anguished ?No!? Anakin just smiled some more, and Obi-Wan felt his padawan whisper in his ear, ?Poor, poor Master Obi-Wan. Left his Master Qui-Gon!? Anakin sniggered, ?Didn?t think it would end like this, did you?? The Anakin in the melting pit disappeared, and Obi-Wan opened his eyes, to see Anakin walking around him, black cape swirling. He peered at the ground, and realized he was kneeling, but didn?t have the strength to get up. Anakin sighed. ?Faith is truly over-rated, Master. Didn?t know it would be me, hmm?? He pulled out a dark handle from inside the billows of his cloak, and drew the light-saber, igniting it, and bringing a long red blade into existence. He waved it around, and the pungent smell of ozone entered Obi-Wan?s nose. Anakin smiled wanly, walking in circles around his Master. ?Qui-Gon had faith in you, and it seems you failed him. Sometime, I might?ve had faith in you, Obi-Wan, but that is gone. You have failed, master. You failed him, failed master Qui-Gon. You left him to die.? Obi-Wan shook his head, trying to get the mocking voice out of his ears. ?No. No, I didn?t, I didn?t mean-,? Anakin cut him off sharply. ?You can?t change the Past, Obi-Wan, nor the present. You left him, just like you left me. You never liked me Obi-Wan, never was my ?friend? as you have told so many. You failed me, and it is your fault that you die, and that the people you love find the same fate as you.? His voice was bitter, and he swept around Obi-Wan, who shook his head, and shuddered. ?No! No! I-,? Anakin stopped, and laughed, humorlessly. ?It doesn?t matter, Obi-Wan. It?s too late. And now I will leave you, just like you have done for so many.? He grinned again, bright blue eyes shining in the glow of the glittering red blade. ?Goodbye Master.? And he swept his lightsaber through Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan sat up with a jolt on the pallet in the room. He gasped for air, and wiped the sweat off his glistening face. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping to dispel the disturbing images, and trying to forget the mocking laughter ringing in his ears. Anakins laughter. Obi-Wan shuddered, and stood up from the pallet. He walked to the doorframe separating his and Anakin?s study. Pulling his robe closer around him, he watched the golden haired young man sleep soundly, his bright eyes hidden under heavy lids, and his still childlike face in an unreadable expression. Obi-Wan sighed, and walked over to the window and sat on the sill. He began to meditate, for he knew he would get no more sleep that night.

Anakin slept fitfully in the pallet, because he was having the dreams again. He always had dreams, and he really didn?t like it. Most of the time they were nightmares, and sometimes they would go away, but not often. He drifted off into a deep slumber, and hoped they would not get worse.
    Anakin watched, as the frail, black robed figure stood in the shadowy room. He looked closer, and saw the white makeup, covering her face. Her long chestnut hair flowing over her shoulders, and the solitary dro

12. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Up you go!

Arctic Wolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.