main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends As You Were: A Tale of Redemption (Qui/Obi/Xan) 11/02/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Pain can be comforter, it tells us that we are alive. As long as we have pain, we at least feel. It was
    this and nothing else that kept Xanatos, the rogue Jedi, alive after he had clawed his way out of the
    acid pools of his home planet. Bereft of clothing, several layers of skin, and all of his hair, it had
    been an act of the Force itself that he managed to conceal himself inside the caves that had recently
    housed his secreted Offworld Corporation.

During those first few hours, when the pain was beyond unbearable and all he had left was that or
    sweet oblivion, he had chosen to hold onto the pain. He was alive and as long as he was alive, he
    could seek his revenge. Yes, revenge! It was something to cling to, like a tether for a drowning man.
    Revenge and the Force kept him alive during those hours. After all, he had taken his trials, he had
    passed them, and his Knighthood had been denied by that green midget that sat at the head of the
    Council.

He might have died after those hours, when even revenge, when even hatred wouldn't have saved
    him, until Jorash Valinor, a former employee, found him huddled in a pool of his own blood and
    sloughed off skin. He did not recognize Xanatos nor did he ask the grievously injured man his name.
    Instead, he took him from the unclean floor and gently laid him in his speeder.

Jorash had red hair and deep green eyes which looked upon him with pity and Xanatos wondered
    how the other man had ever become involved in Offworld. He certainly wasn't the type that Xanatos
    had seen and encouraged in his company. This man reminded him too much of his former Master.
    Qui-Gon Jinn, whose fantasized death had kept him going. In the wake of his survival and rescue
    from certain death, Xanatos saw an opportunity for a better life.

As he lay recuperating in a nearby medical clinic, he created a new identity for himself. Xanatos,
    the rogue Jedi, was buried, and Xandros arose in his place. Jorash came to the clinic everyday,
    making sure that he was comfortable until the day that Xandros was able to leave the clinic.

He no longer looked like the rogue Jedi either. Skin grafts had restored his face, but it was no longer
    the youthful one that had fallen into the acid, two scars ran down either side of his face, meeting
    down underneath his chin, scar tissue light and pink from multiple bacta dips. The medics assured
    him that with enough time, no one would even see them. And with time his hair
    grew back, it was black as it had always been, but instead of the sleek straight and long, it was now
    tightly curled to his head. Only his eyes remained untouched, those deep heavenly blues, only
    changed because of sadness and pain.

Jorash, his loyal friend now, found them employment along with his sister, Zara. Xandros was truly
    born and Xanatos laid to rest. Neither of them ever having to face the Jedi Order, Qui-Gon Jinn, or
    Obi-Wan Kenobi. Or that was what they thought?

"You're dropping your right shoulder, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon Jinn admonished his Padawan
    Learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi. "I can tell that you're going to put your weight there. You have to be
    smooth, with no tell tale signs."

"Easy for you to say, very few beings can see your shoulder," Obi-Wan retorted cheekily, his eyes
    never wavering from studying Qui-Gon.

They were inside one of the training rooms inside the Jedi Temple. Each had long ago stripped their
    tunics and stood facing each other with sweat pouring down them as though it were raining inside
    the Temple. Qui-Gon had suggested the distracting exercise when it had become clear that they were
    both suffering from a little Temple-fever and needed a little action to let go of building tensions.

For once, Qui-Gon regretted growing his hair so long, as it clung to his sweaty back, and he had to
    constantly fight the urge to rake his nails across his skin. Obi-Wan's short Padawan hair cut seemed
    all too appealing right now and he wondered if the Council would collectively pass out if he came
    into a briefing

2. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Interesting idea. I like it.

Wonder what Xan has up his sleeve now? Is Yoda in on it?

Waiting for more.

3. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I like this idea! So Xanatos survived and took on a different personality, huh? Must have been an extremely different one, if he's going to ally himself with the council. Unless he's secretly plotting, for a change.
    I like the humor you use!
    For once, Qui-Gon regretted growing his hair so long, as it clung to his sweaty back, and he had to
    constantly fight the urge to rake his nails across his skin. Obi-Wan's short Padawan hair cut seemed
    all too appealing right now and he wondered if the Council would collectively pass out if he came
    into a briefing sporting a new haircut.

Haha! I can just imagine Qui waltzing in with a buzz cut! Oh, I would die. And Temple Fever? I found that oddly hilarious! First time I'd heard that one! I liked the interaction between Qui and Obi. Very natural and relaxed. Keep it up!

4. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Really interesting, but very cool. Good job, I enjoyed reading this.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh great start! Can't wait for more! Wow...Xan at the Temple and obviously not under arrest...

6. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Nice! Count me in as well. You already know that I love your writing, Zara.

7. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    A great beginning. I can't wait for the rest of the story. You're very talented.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Skywalker_Angel

Interesting idea. I like it.

Wonder what Xan has up his sleeve now? Is Yoda in on it?

Waiting for more.

Xan's about to surprise you.

The_Hutt

Yeah, I like this idea! So Xanatos survived and took on a different personality, huh? Must have been an extremely different one, if he's going to ally himself with the council. Unless he's secretly plotting, for a change.
    I like the humor you use!
    into a briefing sporting a new haircut.
    Haha! I can just imagine Qui waltzing in with a buzz cut! Oh, I would die. And Temple Fever? I found that oddly hilarious! First time I'd heard that one! I liked the interaction between Qui and Obi. Very natural and relaxed. Keep it up!

Thanks. I always thought that there should be a little more humor in star wars.[/i[

Briman

Really interesting, but very cool. Good job, I enjoyed reading this.

Thanks Bri.

Kynstar

Oh great start! Can't wait for more! Wow...Xan at the Temple and obviously not under arrest...

No, not arrested and is going to leave a free man.

Opal

Nice! Count me in as well. You already know that I love your writing, Zara.

Thanks.

Jedi_Chani

A great beginning. I can't wait for the rest of the story. You're very talented.

Thanks. more soon.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loving this so far! I can't wait for more. :D

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very interesting. Does Xan have a new attitude to go with the new identity?

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 1

In his dreams Telos haunted him. The smell of burnt ozone, as fires raged licking tongues of
    red light, that consumed and destroyed everything that it touched, spreading rampant along
    draperies, fine wood, and melting in its infernos durasteel, until all that was left was the burnt out
    frame of building, skeletal works of art that chilled the soul.

Qui-Gon's soul had been chilled the moment he saw all the dead bodies pocketing alongside the
    whispers of red death, members of the revolution against Crion of Telos and his son, Qui-Gon's
    Padawan. Those who had been drafted into the fight against the neighboring planet of Desargi,
    were now turned against their leaders, and they fell quickly under the might of their hand. Qui-
    Gon had held off joining with them until he could talk with Xanatos, but now saw that he could
    no longer remain neutral.

He had tracked Xanatos into the southeast wing of Crion's estate and flames leaped high
    scorching his skin and hair, but he did not take notice of them. Part of him wanted to believe that
    this was all some horrible nightmare, that somehow he had fallen asleep and dreamed that his
    Padawan, his beloved apprentice, had not been seduced by the power that his father had claimed.
    But there was another part, a louder part, that made his heartache. He feared that the boy he
    knew, the boy he had raised was truly gone, and that all was left was a youth full of hatred and
    greed. But he wanted to see it for himself.

Crimson and ebony danced in a moonless night and Qui-Gon could hardly see his hand when he
    placed it before him, but the emerald color of his blade lit his way, a lantern of hope amongst the
    carnage.

?Have you come here to kill me, my dear Master?? questioned a voice that was a mockery of the
    light it had once held.

Pausing, Qui-Gon drew on the Force, trying to locate his fallen apprentice, reaching for that
    familiar presence only to find it warped and twisted, elusive amongst the tidal waves of darkness
    that rippled through the Force. Tears, or was it sweat, gathered in Qui-Gon's eyes. Had he truly
    lost his boy? He refused to believe it.

?Xanatos it is not too late to turn away from this, to stop these needless deaths,? Qui-Gon called,
    he moved from side

His apprentice walked out, the blue of his lightsaber the color of his deep blue eyes, nearly violet
    in color. ?You're wrong, Master. It is for me. It is too late for me,? and this time beneath the
    mockery was a hint of sadness. Could his apprentice be reached? Could he save him?

?It's never too late,? Qui-Gon assured him, tentatively taking a step towards Xanatos. If he could
    just touch his apprentice, convey that he still cared, then perhaps this living nightmare could end,
    if only.

Xanatos did not shirk nor stagger back and Qui-Gon took this as a sign that he was needed as
    much as he wanted to be and took another step and another, making a tentative but steady
    progress towards the fallen apprentice. He brought his lightsaber down and deactivated it, he
    didn't want to seem the aggressor, he was here to bring back, not to condemn. His other hand
    came up in sign of a welcoming gesture, his fingers splayed out to touch a shoulder.

?Help me stop this, Padawan,? Qui-Gon whispered, his voice made harsh and raw by the
    billowing smoke. His hand rested on the shoulder, cupping it comfortingly. Xanatos' head hung
    loose, it was impossible to see the younger man's face, and his shoulders shook as though with
    sobs. ?It is alright, we can stop this. Tell me you are with me.?

Xanatos' face came up and what Qui-Gon had believed to be sobs was nothing more then held
    back mirth. There was a fathomless darkness in his blue eyes and Qui-Gon staggered back. A
    move that saved his life as Xanatos ignited his lightsaber and jabbed the business end towards
    Qui-Gon. Although it saved his life, the tip raked across his midsection leaving a cauterized gash
    running horizontally across his belly.

?You were always so trusting, always so

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He could actually tolerate being near the fur balls?

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh... somebody(ies) is(are) gathering the 'y' critters, eh? Not good at all...

So that's why Xan has come... to work with the Jedi in finding his partner and also find out who is behind buying the 'y' critters.

Suspense!! Can't wait for more! Great work! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.