main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Façade (Dark AU, Qui, Xan, Obi, char death, one-post short story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, I am going to ask forgiveness now before you read this. This story is messed up and confusing, though its written to be like that.

Warnings: Everything is AU here, even the characters themselves. The start is a bit gory, though it gets a lot less so after the first two paragraphs. This is a very dark story, and there are no happy endings here.

Façade

Black strands glistened from where they were flayed out as the chrisom flood soaked them, turning the silken hair to a sticky mess bathed in blood. The strands led back to that pale, bloodless face, to glazed eyes, gazing out into nothing, to pale lips turning blue.

The blood pooled out from the wound in that once graceful, pale throat, pouring from a thin, but deep cut. His hands had fallen to his sides, the saber rolling mere centimeters from its master?s slender, red splattered hand. The cloak he had been wearing was spread under him, giving the illusion of black-feathered wings, as if he were some fallen angel that a demon had taken to slaughtering.

Humph, perhaps he had been a fallen angel, and perhaps his murderer was a demon. Not that said demon could say. The scene struck him as rather beautiful in a sickening way, in the way a nightmare always appeared appealing, before something went wrong.

Turning away from the scene, he looked to the frightened eyes behind him, and smiled with a cruel air. He had almost forgotten the boy. The boy that man behind him had desperately tried to save, the boy that he had been aiming for all along.

?If only he had been smart enough to let me kill you in the first place, he wouldn?t have had to die,? he sighed with a mockingly regretful attitude.

The boy wasn?t fooled; he could see that in the sharp spike of fear that shimmered up in the boy?s eyes.

?Xan!? the child cried out, with a wail that spoke that he knew the other wouldn?t respond.

?Stop calling the dead, boy. Xanatos Crion has gone to join all the other traitors,? he said, approaching slowly.

The boy shrank further against the wall, ?Why did you kill him? He loved you!?

?Just like a son should a father. I know that very well, little one. I wouldn?t have been able to kill him otherwise,? he took a moment to reflect on that.

It was true. Xanatos had been powerful, and had absorbed everything he had taught him. If he had really wanted to, the traitor could have killed him. Yet, at the fatal moment, he had paused, just long enough for him to shred away that life he once held so dear. It was almost gratifying to know his one time apprentice had such sickening flaws that ultimately lead to his downfall.

?You didn?t answer me. Why did you kill him?? the boy stared up through his tears at him, and he almost cringed at the purity he saw there?

?Because of you, child. He tried to protect a monster like you, and neither the order nor I could allow that. If he had surrendered, you would be the one dead, not him,? straightforward and cruel, but then, it was the truth in his twisted mind.

?No?? the boy sniffled, curling tighter into himself.

?Give up, boy. I shall be as swift with you as I was with him,? he almost said it soothingly, as if trying to coax the child.

The child shuddered, burying his head into his knees as if he were doing just that, surrendering to the older for the death he had promised. Accepting that as that, he raised his blade, ready to send his lethal blade through the other?s heart.

?I can?t die. Not after he died like that for me,? the sharp tone in the boy?s voice made him pause, and when the boy raised his head, he couldn?t help but back down, ?The order has destroyed your own heart, Qui-gon.?

Now he was the one cringing away, backing up till his boots sloshed slightly in the blood he had spilled, while the boy stood. There was something there that frightened him deeply?.

?The order is right in this matter. You are a threat to this galaxy,? he growled, trying to regain his ground.

?Can you be so sure? Xanatos tried to warn you about the darkness in the Council after Yoda?s death, ? the bo

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    WOW!! That was very creepy! I loved it.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Ooooh, I love dark Obi stories. And Xan has become one of my favorite characters.

This was deliciously dark and creepy. You must continue this though, you can't end it there. It begs for a full-length fic to be written.

Great job. =D=

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I like it! Very dark, like you said, as well as very intriguing. Please continue!

5. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    **Shivers**

Creepy and twisted, just my kind of story. I think this would make a great longer story.

6. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    :eek: eee! What a twist! Probably should have paid more attention to the title. Nice one. Good story. Stands very well on its own....but of course....as has already been sugested.....very good longer too....... ;)

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Cool, they were all dark in their own way. I was a bit confused at the start - good thing you told me that it was confusing! Great job.

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooh wow that was great! Creepy! But good ... great job!

And yeah lol it was a bit confusing but I think I got it sorted out ;)

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    wickedly delicious

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Indeed, very creepy and I'm loving it!!

11. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Creepy and warped, in other words - PERFECT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.