main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Returning Home Post TMP AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arctic_Wolf, Jan 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    If you all liked my two previous stories "Best Part of My Life" and "A Major Change in My Life" I plan on writing one or two more journal like stories that take place after this. I will write them as soon as Darth RL lets me. Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Returning Home
    Author: Arctic Wolf
    Rating: G
    Archive: Yes email me
    Disclaimer: I own none of the characters in this fic, and I am making no money from it.
    Special thanks goes to Peta Noonan *aka Imzadi* for beta reading this fic. Hope you enjoy.
    *'s are mental notes

"We should be arriving at the temple in about an hour," Obi-Wan said to the holo screen.
    "I'll be waiting at the landing pad, no matter what the healers say," Master Qui-Gon replied.
    "Qui-Gon, if they ordered you to stay in your quarters, then stay in your quarters. I don't want you to be sent back to the healers just because you disobeyed them," retorted Obi-Wan.
    *Just like him to keep looking after me even though we are no longer master and padawan* thought Qui-Gon to himself.
    Qui-Gon then said, "I will do what I must."
    Obi-Wan suppressed a smile, he know that tone all too well. It meant the end of discussion.

After his conversation with his former master, Obi-Wan looked over to where his padawan, Anikan Skywalker, sat wriggling in his chair.
    "Stop fidgeting Ani. We will be home soon."
    Anakin replied, "I know, it's just that I'm excited to see Master Jinn."
    "I know you are excited, so am I. But your fidgeting is driving me nuts"
    "Sorry master."

At the landing pad, Master Jinn awaited the return of his former padawan Obi-Wan from his first mission as a Jedi Knight.
    "Well you are not. Endanger your well being you should not," a voice from behind him stated.
    Qui-Gon turned around to see Master Yoda.
    "I thank you for your concern, but I'll greet Obi-Wan here; not in my room," Qui-Gon told the aged master.
    "Stubborn you always were. Hmm. Arriving now, he is," replied Yoda as he turned and hobbled away.
    Also sensing the approach of an ambassadorial ship, Qui-Gon turned around and waited for it to land.

In the cockpit of the shuttle, Anakin was looking at the window and saw someone on the landing pad and called excitedly to his master.
    "It looks like Master Jinn is here to greet us!"
    *Much to my chagrin*
    "Yes, so it would appear," replied Obi-Wan.
    Anakin took note in the Jedi masters appearance, and said "He looks much better."
    *I thank the force for not calling him to join it* thought Obi-Wan.

After the shuttle landed and both Anakin and Obi-Wan made their way down the plank, as Qui-Gon walked up to greet them.
    "Welcome home, I heard you had an uncharacteristically easy mission?"
    Obi-Wan answered "Yes, and thanks for greeting us."
    The Jedi master knew that Obi-Wan was not happy that he disobeyed the healers' orders, but he was also glad that he met them at the landing pad.

As they walked down the hall of the temple, Obi-Wan stopped and told Qui-Gon and Anakin to go on ahead while he reports to the council. Anakin looked a bit relieved that he did not have to go with his Master to report to the Council. He was exhausted.

While Obi-Wan was reporting to the council, Anakin and Qui-Gon sat on the lounge in the common room of their quarters talking about the mission.
    "Yes Master Jinn, Obi-Wan said that this mission was the type of mission that only happens once in a Hoth summer."
    "Yes that is true Anakin. You don't always get an easy mission. And the ones that appear easy very often are anything but."
    "Just like Naboo?" asked Anakin, unsure if he even should have asked it.
    Sensing the young boy's uneasiness about his question, Qui-Gon decided to answer it truthfully.
    "Yes Anakin, just like Naboo."
    Looking over at Anakin, Qui-Gon noticed that the boy was about to fall asleep right where he sat.
    "Anakin, why don't you go and get ready for bed, and I'll come and tuck you in, ok?"
    Anakin answered "Ok," he yawned," Master Jinn."
    "Ani, unless other masters are around, you can just call me Qui-Gon."
    Sleepily Ana

2. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
  3. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Shamelessly uping my own thread! :-(

4. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Page four. . . I don't think so.

Is this story so bad that people don't want to read and post reviews!! :-(

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    That was bloody good.

6. AppearDreamer

AppearDreamer Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2001
    wonderful.

i love AU, and that was great.

awesome story arctic_wolf

dreamer

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Mushy, but good! Ah, if only it didn't have to be AU...

Will you do another in this vein, do you think?

--Renata

8. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Uping my best story for all the new people to read. Looks like I won't be able to write a follow up. Maybe later in the year, I have boot camp in a few wks. :-|
    But if someone wants to pick up where I left off PM me!

Arctic Wolf

9. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Just finished reading this. Very nice, I love those Qui/Obi father/son type of stories. Boot camp? As in Army?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.