main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Understanding (JA, Short Story, Myst/SW Crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Jan 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I hope you like it. Please comment!

Understanding Myst/SW crossover

Qui-gon Jinn stepped from the ship. His midnight blue eyes took in the forest around him. He shifted his pack on his broad shoulders and turned around to look up the ramp where his Padawan and friend were standing.

?You better bring Obi-wan back in one piece when you come to pick me up,? Qui-gon joked.

?We?ll see about that, I am not so sure I can. Trouble seems to follow this kid everywhere,? Atrus laughed.

?Hey! It is not my fault,? Obi-wan grumbled.

?We know, braid boy. Don?t let it get you down. We?ll be back in two days, Qui,? Atrus said.

?Have a good vacation, Master,? Obi-wan said and smiled.

?I will. Have a good time, and try not to let Atrus get you killed,? Qui-gon said and smiled back.

?Lets go, braid boy, and leave your Master to his vacation. Bye, Qui-gon,? Atrus said as she grabbed Obi-wan?s braid and hauled him up the ramp.

The ramp closed behind them but not before Qui-gon heard Obi-wan yell, ?Oowww! Atrus, let go of my braid!?

He chuckled to himself as he watched the ship gracefully lift off and into the clear sky. It vanished from sight and he was alone. He sighed and walked into the forest. The planet was radiating with the Living Force. He smiled and drew it into him, letting the sounds and senses flow through him.

*This is exactly what I need. I guess Atrus was right. I do need a vacation by myself. After so much that has happened, its time to heal, * he thought to himself as he walked along, admiring the view.

He walked on, not noticing the time until the sky grew dark, his mind wrapped in the dark past. When he finally did noticed, he found a clearing. He set up camp and ate a little bit of rations.

*What did Atrus call this place? Myst, I think. The name fits it well, * Qui-gon thought.

He put the rations away and unrolled his sleeping mat. He lay down on it and looked up at the stars. He then soon fell asleep.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Qui-gon awoke early and packed up. He then started out again. He soon came to a large waterfall.

*This looks like a good place to rest, * he thought as he set his pack down.

He then sat down beside his pack and relaxed. He reached out into the Force and meditated. Suddenly he felt another person sense. He opened his eyes and looked around.

?Its beautiful here, isn?t it?? a voice asked from beside him.

He looked in that direction and spotted the man sitting under a tree. He seemed to be middle age, with short brown hair and bread. His eyes appeared to be pale as if they were not used to light and were light blue. The man smiled at him, then turned back to the book that he was writing in.

?Yes it is. I thought this planet was uninhabited,? Qui-gon said.

?It is, most of the time. But my wife and I thought we should return for a vacation,? the man said as he looked up and Qui-gon.

?I am sorry that intruded,? Qui-gon said.

?No need to be sorry, as long as you are just here to enjoy Myst for its scenery, then it is all right,? the man said.

Qui-gon walked over to the man.

?May I?? he asked, gesturing to a place beside the man.

?Oh, go right ahead,? the man said and put aside his journal.

Qui-gon sat down beside him.

?I guess I had better introduce myself, I am Qui-gon Jinn,? Qui-gon said.

?Nice to meet you, Qui-gon, if I may call you that. My names Atrus,? the man said.

?Atrus? That sounds kind of like someone else?s name that I know,? Qui-gon mentioned.

?Let me guess. It?s a she, with gold, brown, red mixed hair and crystal green eyes. She pronounces her name as Atrus while I pronounce mine as Aitrus,? Atrus said.

?I guess you know her then,? Qui-gon said.

?Yes, we are friends. But we haven?t seen each other very often,? Atrus said.

They remained silent for a while. Atrus returned to his writing and Qui-gon gazed over the water.

?So, what brings you to Myst?? Atrus asked.

?A friend of mine thought I needed a vacation. So she dropped me off here,? Qui-gon said.

?Sounds like a good f

2. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Excellent Star!!! Great idea for a story, and wonderfully written!

4. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks, OTK!

5. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    I can't believe I missed this story here, I read it at fanfiction.net and love it. Great writing Star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.