main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Destiny:: Obi/Xan:: JA era story::Epilogue Up 8/14!::Thanks to my readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Title: Destiny
    Author: tangled_sphere
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Qui-Gon, Dooku
    Summary: Xanatos has plans to avenge his past. But what will be the consequences to a young Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon?
    Disclaimer: This is written purely for fun and no money is being made.

Alright, with that said this is from The Lair's Xanatos Challenge Stories where I was 'encouraged' to continue. [face_batting]

Special thanks to my paddy sister Kyn for taking a gander on this one. :D

Destiny

Obi-Wan froze in terror as the steps came closer. He had left his Master, snuck away from the sleeping quarters on a hunch that had proved all too true. The door punched open and Obi-Wan squeezed deeper into the shadows of the corner, holding his breath.

But the feeling was undeniable. Whoever was coming had the signature of the Force in their aura but not like any Jedi he had ever met. The mind that reached out to him was filled with purpose, and supreme confidence.

The mind that moved forward in the shadows, did not feel like Qui-Gon's gentle touch through the Force. Obi-Wan shivered inside but did not move.

"You cannot hold your breath forever, young one." The amusement seeped from the voice and Obi-Wan caught hiself releasing the air he had been holding.

The holo light flicked on at the same moment and Obi-Wan was temporarily blinded, blinking desperately to regain his vision. The next words reached out for him. "Come out, little Jedi. I won't hurt you."

Knowing it was only a matter of time before he was found, Obi-Wan stood up as soon as his eyes adjusted, regarding his opponent for the first time. Just as he thought, it was the man Qui-Gon had spoken to when they first arrived on this world. The one who faced him curiously, was tall, immaculately dressed in black with dark hair down to his shoulders and piercing blue eyes.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi," he said with relish. "We have not been formally introduced. I am Xanatos DeCrion, former apprentice to Qui-Gon Jinn."

Obi-Wan tried to hide his surprise, inclining his head in greeting. His eye's glanced over at the only exit that Xanatos was now blocking.

"You wonder, don't you?" What would Qui-Gon be like as a Master?" Xanatos moved closer and Obi-Wan continued to back up just out of reach. The training saber Qui-Gon had given him for this mission, came automatically into his grip.

Xanatos supressed a smile. "I would not start something you cannot finish, young one. I am only asking you to talk. Surely a Jedi would choose negotiation over fighting?" He continued to watch Obi-Wan curiously.

Obi-Wan released his grip on the saber and looked up nervously as Xanatos continued to approach him. Xanatos continued to speak, warmth entering the words that he spoke. "We have more in common than you can possibly imagine, Obi-Wan. Wouldn't you like to know more about the one you want to call Master?"

Obi-Wan shook his head 'no' and took another step back realizing as he hit his head on the wooden wall behind him that he had gone as far as he could.

Xanatos smiled warmly at him. "Believe me, you are missing nothing by not being chosen by him. As a matter of fact," he looked appraisingly at the young boy, "Agricorps would be a kinder fate." Xanatos' actually moved back, a pained expression on his face and Obi-Wan looked at him questioningly, noticing for the first time the circular scar on his cheek. Xanatos faced away from Obi-Wan and seemed to speak to the air, "I wish I had never met Qui-Gon..." He came back and looked directly at the young boy trying so hard to maintain his calm. "He ruined my life, little one."

Obi-Wan knew his words were lies but he could not help but be interested. The last month had been filled with uncertainty, not knowing day by day if Qui-Gon was going to send him away. He had been strangely moody since meeting the man now before him. He looked back at the exit and then at Xanatos, who had retreated further, sitti

2. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Okay, here's the rest of the first chapter [face_whistling]

Qui-Gon awoke, dreaming that he had lost something important. It was not a restful sleep. He wandered over to the basin and splashed water on his face, hoping the icy cold would bring him back to the moment. Ever since he had seen Xanatos, memories had started coming unexpectedly and unrelentingly. It was a chapter of his life he had hoped never to find again and who would have thought here, in an outer world, that he would encounter him once again.

But that meeting yesterday, Xanatos had seemed so civil as though the past were behind them and that they could move forward. It was all he could hope for. He hoped the past would not corrupt what needed to be accomplished on this mission.

He went through the motions of dressing, why did he feel so sluggish today? He called upon the Force and reached out to the small quarters he had been granted by the government. He was startled out of his haze when he did not sense young Obi-Wan.

He looked at his chrono. It was still early and the boy usually slept in. He frowned as he opened the door of his quarters and went out into the main living area. The cot that Obi-Wan had slept in the last few nights was not even slightly tousled. He reached and touched the furry blanket, and felt the cold touch of emptiness. He looked over to the door, his mind brimming with the many possibilities.

He grabbed his robes and slipped them on as he left. Cold terror passed through him as he thought of Xanatos. Perhaps the past was not yet behind them.

Obi-Wan opened his eyes, aware of the engines vibrating behind his back. He was also aware that someone was watching him intently from behind. He turned his head slowly feeling the tension in his bruised right arm.

?Where?? he said quietly.

The man who had introduced himself as Xanatos came over and rested his hand gently on Obi-Wan?s shoulder in greeting. Xanatos pointed out to the white stars stretched across the sky in deep hyperspace. ?Far away,? Xanatos replied.

Obi-Wan reached out for Qui-Gon but felt only the emptiness of space in reply. Looking out the side view port, he could feel an incredible loss coming down upon him.

Xanatos sat down beside Obi-Wan on the cot and reached up to his face, bringing his chin around to look directly at him. ?Change is always dificult, little one, but I intend to show you the galaxy. The galaxy the Jedi tried to hide from you.?

Obi-Wan reached out to Xanatos, trying to gauge his intentions. He only felt warmth coming from the man sitting beside him. Warmth came from those deep blue eyes and the promise of direction, if he would let him. But only one thought came to Obi-Wan?s mind.

?I want Qui-Gon??

Obi-Wan was not prepared for Xanatos? reaction. The warmth that came from those blue eyes suddenly turned stone cold, then in a flash anger crept into that face. Obi-Wan tried to stand but his head felt heavy and he came with a crash back onto the cushioned cot.

Qui-Gon, Xanatos seethed. He moved his hand back to Obi-Wan?s shoulder squeezing it painfully. When Obi-Wan made a sound of pain, Xanatos moved back. ?Never mention that name again, little one. I am warning you.?

Obi-Wan rubbed his sore shoulder. ?What do you want from me?? he finally asked.

Xanatos looked back at him, cold blue eyes piercing his. ?I want nothing from you. I only want to save you.?

Obi-Wan realized as Xanatos reached up for his face, that tears had started to form in his eyes. Xanatos reached up and brushed his cheek. ?It is destiny that brought us together, little one. Qui-Gon had his chance to claim you and did nothing. I am claiming you.?

Xanatos reached over to embrace the young terrified boy beside him. Obi-Wan sat in astonishment as his wave of anguish turned into a feeling of comfort. What was happening? Puzzlement spread over his face as Xanatos stood.

?We?re almost to your new home, Obi-Wan. Strap in for descent.?

Obi-Wan looked up at him, then strapped in as

3. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Yay, a Xanatos fic. Wow, Xanatos has taken off with Obi-Wan. I like the flip-flop in Xanatos's feelings. I can't decide what he has in store for Obi-Wan or what his intentions are.

4. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    So glad to see this is being continued! Great first two chapters. Too early to start speculating on how Obi-Wan and Xan's relationship will turn out..... but fantastic start, looking forward to more. :)

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Xan sounds really out of control. Very domineering and scary. I liked that he thought he was saving Obi-Wan (even if it's for Xan's own purposes).

Keep going!

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    :D Xan is switching faces quickly. Obi-Wan will have a hard time gauging any reaction from him. And, [face_thinking] Xanatos wants to save him from the jedi? I think Qui-Gon may have an opinion on that.

Good start, always need more Xan!

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui... not knowing what happened will eat at him.

And Xan? hehehehe well that man jumped at the opportunity all right. Shoot it sounds like a good idea to me. If my old Master wouldn't want the kid as a Paddy why let the opportunity slip through your fingers? Leap and take the pup as your own! 'Tis what I'd done! hehehehe

Great work!!! Can't wait for more my Padawan sister! :D

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great start, t_s - so glad you decided to continue this! Xan does seem a little off his rocker, but I'm guessing everything is not as it seems. :D Looking forward to more soon!

Shaindl

9. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hey! I just happen to be surfing in the BTS forum and lookie here! BWHAHAHA! You're DOING IT! YESSS!! [face_devil]

Looks very good so far! Obi-Wan's curiousity ( I can't spell today, so it that is wrong, sorry. One of those days) has gotten him into trouble again! Padawans, sheesh. And Xani's line, "I just want to save you." Was so cool! Save Obi and take him to what? hahahaha! Someone seems like a psycho!

I am truly glad you are writing this! I know have a new story to read!

...is Dooku in this... [face_whistling]

EDIT: Spelling...I hope!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "We have more in common than you can possibly imagine, Obi-Wan. Wouldn't you like to know more about the one you want to call Master?" -- And of course what Xanatos tells him will be only truths. Grrr.. Hmm, we'll see what 'saving' Xan has in mind. Xanatos had seemed so civil as though the past were behind them and that they could move forward.-- seems that Qui-Gon is still fooled by him.

I look forward to seeing where you go with this my young padawan. :D :D

11. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Yippee!! I'm so glad you were encouraged to continue with this! So happy I'll have my Xaniwan fix without having to write it myself. :p

Very interesting version of Xan so far. Should be fun to see what you plan to do with him. I kind of like the slightly mad edge to him. :)

12. mad4dos

mad4dos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    nice start
    more soon please :)

mad4dos

13. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Cool story! Great start. =D=
    I almost passed out when I saw the end of the part in the Xanatos Challenges.
    Good you are continuing this. :*

Yours,
    DarkDream

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This looks like a fun ride

15. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks for reading everyone [:D] The next post is in 'gander' mode and I need to see if my paddy sister is up to it but since it has Dooku in it... well, there's a good chance.... Sorry Kyn ;) *hehehe* My goal is to update this weekly so hold me to it! [face_batting]

Master Noi So many conflicting emotions in our Xani :D So much has happened between him and Qui :_| More on his intentions soon ;)

Jaxx WNext post will be Qui but I've started writing the next section with Xan and Obi. :) Thanks for reading!

Diane Yes, Xan has the best of intentions! [face_whistling] Hope to have the next part up soon.

AltairaYou are so right, Qui is definitely going to have an opinion on Obi being 'saved' [face_batting] Thanks for stopping in Altaira.

Kyn I hope you're up for another gander ;) What an excellent opportunity for Xan, well from a certain twisted perspective :p Thanks again my paddy sister [:D]

Shaindl No, not all is as it seems. Loved your Honourable Code for Writers and hope to not be chased by Cyberhounds [face_shocked] *Gets busy writing!!!*

JV You've come! @};- Thanks for stopping by. Xani definitely has some 'issues' ;) Definitely need to have Dooku in this :D

Healer Leona Thanks Master! [:D] I really appreciate all your support :) You are going to recognize a line in the next post. *hehehe*

o_e I was re-reading this and he definitely has a mad edge to him :eek: Well, I've talked to him and he definitely has his own plans for how this fic is going to turn out [face_whistling] And must make Xani happy!

Mad4dos Thanks for reading. More on the way! :)

Dark Dream [face_blush] Thanks for sticking with me on this! I really appreciate it. Hope you like where Xani wants to take this ;)

Padawan Kitara Hope you like! [face_devil] And thank you so much for reading!!!

16. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Happy Winter Holidays everyone! [:D] I was just realizing I'm going on my one year anniversary writing and reading here. You know what, it's been a fun year!

Thank you paddy sister Kyn for gandering this for me [face_love]

Hope you enjoy :D

Destiny Chapter Two

Deep into the night on Bandomeer, the cantina?s crawled with activity. Laborer?s fresh from the mines traded their wages for the lure of exotic liqueurs imported from worlds most would never see. But as the night wore on, the boisterous sounds of laughter died down and the mandatory curfew swept most of the workers back to their homes.

Qui-Gon looked down at the refill his Nautolan bartender just gave him. Just as the last few nights, the owner had been more than willing to overlook the curfew for a few extra credits. The bartender smiled at Qui-Gon with rotted uneven teeth as he clutched his credits in oversized hands and took them to the counter. Qui-Gon raised his glass to him and drank it back, moving the glass to the line of numerous empty ones beside him.

Of course there was another one next to that. As Qui-Gon moved to pick it up a hand came down forcefully upon his. He looked up startled, his hand moving reflexively to his saber.

He was not expecting least of all, the man who now stood before him.

His former Master Yan Dooku smiled down at him, as he moved the drink away from Qui-Gon?s grasp. ?Really Padawan, this will not help matters.?

Qui-Gon looked up again with disbelief as he saw two tall forms of his Master loom precariously in front of him. He blinked and instantaneously his former Master Dooku transfigured back into one. Again he blinked in disbelief as he looked at the row of drinks he had now consumed. How many years had it been? Both stared at each other in quiet contemplation and a reunion Qui-Gon had not been looking forward to. It had been a tense farewell when Dooku had left the order and hard feelings were difficult to let go.

But those brown eyes were unmistakable. His old Master was with him, once again. Qui-Gon squinted as he looked up at Dooku, taking in his familiar towering presence and brown robes exquisitely tailored. A slightly graying beard was all that appeared to be different in the years they had been apart.

?This is no longer your fight, Yan..? Qui-Gon said moving his hand away from Dooku and reclaiming his drink.

?Nonsense,? said Dooku, taking a seat across from Qui-Gon . He looked thoughtfully at his former student. ?It?s been too many years.? He glanced down at the table uneasily then back up to meet Qui-Gon?s gaze. ?I?ve been a neglectful Master, Qui-Gon. It has been too many years,? he paused to motion to the bartender. ?But word has reached me of your predicament. It is your choice of course, Padawan.? The bartender came over with another round of drinks, ? but I also heard word that you were in need of assistance, and Qui?? Qui-Gon again looked up from his drink. ?I am here to help.?

Qui-Gon acknowledged the drink with a simple nod, aware suddenly as Dooku took his drink from the bartender, of the expensive clothes his former Master now wore and the ring he had on his finger appeared beyond any credits he could contemplate.

?You appear to have done well for yourself,? Qui-Gon commented dryly.

Dooku smiled at him. ?Becoming a Count does have its advantages, truly.? He looked down at his drink for a moment, ? There is so much more to life than the Jedi Order, Qui.? Dooku picked up his glass and raised it to Qui-Gon. ?To friendships renewed. ?

Qui-Gon hesitated.. He absently turned his glass in his hand. He wondered at that moment how many days he had been coming to this same damned cantina night after night since he had contacted the Council and reported Obi-Wan?s disappearance. Ever since Master Tangiv had come to help investigate along with the Republic Security, he had not been able to find his center or his peace. His nights had consisted only of staring at the empty spot Obi-Wan had slept

17. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great update, TS! Qui drinking himself into a stupor was not the way to go about helping Obi-Wan. I can't wait to see what kind of help Dooku offers. And Xan's last words chilled me as well. ;)

Looking forward to more!

Shaindl

18. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Dooku did show up when Qui needed help most. I am wondering about Qui-Gon?s hesitation when he accepts his help.

So far Obi-Wan is doing okay and keeping a level head but Xanatos did come through again. ?You will not refuse.? Or else? :D I agree, :) great little end there.

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui :( I feel for him...

Yay! He's gonna let Dooku help him! Ahhhh but does the Count have an underlying objective though? One can only ponder! [face_love] hehehehehe

That was good :D liked how Obi got some courage from past words of Qui.

Yay! Can't wait for more! :D :D And I truly enjoyed gandering ;)

20. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Good chapter, but since AOTC I can't get myself to like Dooku...

"You will not refuse." Do I sense some Obi-torture in the near future?

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I never know with AU whether or not to trust Dooku. And if this is anything like your other fic, you will keep me guessing on whether or not I can. :p

?You will not refuse.?

Now, that's a little ominous. [face_worried]

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Don't trust Dooku!

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Xan is still his ominous scary self. What a thing to say to Obi-Wan. And Qui-Gon should not trust Dooku at all. For all he knows, Dooku and Xan could be in league together. Not good!

Looking forward to more.

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I too wonder if there isn't some connection between Xan and Dooku. [face_thinking]

25. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Geeze. Gotta remember BTS forum. Seriously, I was in the Saga for 3 min trying to find this fic, then I realized, wait...it the the OTHER forum :oops: . I am really ditzy. @_@...

Anyway, loved it! Like everyone else, Xani's line "You will not refuse", was so great. Poor Obi-Wan's going to be in for a rough ride. All by himself with a not-so-sane-I-think-Xanatos = bad situation.
    Oh yeah...I am totally grining with all the posibilities that you can go with this fic. But wherever you go, I am sure it will be great, yo!

And glad to see that you have Dooku in here! Again, like someone stated, I wonder what sort of role he is going to play in your story. Argh...but I should give up guessing since that is what I have done on your other fic :p . I'll just sit, read and be amazed! Its what I do best, other than telling others what to do and being stubborn :D .

EDIT: OMan! My 500 post...yep. Been here since 2000 and only 500. Shows that I am more of a lurker than a poster :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.