main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Welcome Home, Obi-Wan...A Holiday Challange..completed 3/5/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by meaganandsasha, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaganandsasha

meaganandsasha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    This holiday challenge is an AU where Obi-Wan has left the Jedi Order and never returned. (After the Melinda/Daan experience.) He stayed on planet for a while before eventually leaving. He traveled around the galaxy for some years, taking jobs here and there before finally settling down. Obi-Wan is about 27 in this story.

Meanwhile Qui-Gon had returned to the Temple, not really caring what happened to Obi-Wan, still stinging from the betrayal. However, over time he realized he had made a mistake. Qui-Gon searched for Obi-Wan for some time, but only found traces of his former Padawan. He finally resumed to his life as a Jedi, giving up on finding Obi-Wan.

Of course, as you can guess, the two will see each other again after more than ten years.....

As a side note the holiday I?m using in here is called Winter Fete, but it?s probably closer to our Christmas than anything else.

**Obi-Wan?s point of view**

I sighed as I pulled my cloak around me closer, trying to starve off the winter chill. As I walked through the neighborhood where we lived, I glanced through the falling snow to see all the houses, dressed and ready for the coming holiday.

I sighed, glad to be going home. As a detective for the Lycon?s Security Forces, I was sometimes away from home, working on a case. This time was no exception and finally about a week and a half later, with the case completed, I started for home.

Sighing, I quickened my pace, anxious to see my family. I could almost picture the scene in my mind. My wife, Deidre, would be trying to cook something for dinner, while keeping an eye out for our now crawling seven month old son, Seth. Of course, Kalei, our four year old daughter would be dancing around in circles or somehow getting rid of her endless amount of energy.

Sighing again, I couldn?t wait to see them, couldn?t wait to walk into the front door to be greeted with plenty of warm hugs and kisses. And to hear everything that happened while I was away.

?Daddy.? Kalei?s voice broke my thoughts as I walked up our front walk as she ran through the snow towards me. I bent down and swept her into my arms. Instantly she was chattering away. ?Mommy said I couldn?t wait outside, so I stood by the front window to wait for you.?

I chuckled as I opened the door and stepped into the front hall. ?And what did you do in school while I was gone??

Kalei grinned and began to tell me about the kid that picked on her friend, the cookies the ate during the snack break, making snow angles during recess and so forth.

As my daughter continued her narrative, I couldn?t help, but laugh. ?Sweetheart, did you learn anything??

Kalei just laughed and clapped her hands together. ?Miss Hodges told us all about Winter Fete. We got to make ornaments for our tree too. That was fun.?

I set Kalei down as Deidre came down the hallway. ?Why don?t you show them to me??

?Oh, you?re home.? My wife said, but turned to our daughter. ?Go wash up for dinner, you can show Daddy your ornaments later.?

Kalei looked disappointed but scampered off as I stood back up. ?Hello Deidre.?

She smiled, but nodded to my cloak and boots. ?You?re dripping all over the floor. Take your wet things out back.?

Typical wife I thought as I stepped towards her, reaching out and pulled her close to me. ?First things first.? And with that, I leaned down, kissing her long and sweet. Force, how I missed her.

She responded warmly, wrapping her arms around me, pressing her warm soft body closer to me. Not being able to resist, I titled her chin up slightly, deepening the kiss. A slight moan escaped her throat.

Long moments later, we pulled our lips away from each other. ?I missed you.?

She smiled, her cheeks flushed, accenting her dark hair and eyes. ?I missed you too.?

I planted kisses along her jaw line. ?Why don?t we put the kids to bed, skip dinner and go straight to bed??

I could feel her long thin fingers winding through the curls on my neck. ?Isn?t that how we got those two in the fir

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Great start. I wonder how each of them will react to seeing the other again.

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Nice start. I'm also looking forward to seeing the reactions they have with each other. I assume that his children are not Force sensitive or else they might be at the Temple? Or maybe not.

Good job so far. Keep it up.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You're off to a good start! I'll be checking back on on this one. Hope you post more soon.

5. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Sounds like a really good idea. I love those kinds of AUs and this is very well written. I'll be eagerly awaiting more. :)

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, I have a feeling I know where he'll end up. This is sweet so far.

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, you've got me hooked! More soon, I can't to see what happens when they run into each other again!

8. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Very nice! You did a fantastic job. I hope there will be more soon.

9. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    ca_tron: Thanks for reading the story...We're still working on how best to show Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's reactions to seeing each other again.

dianethx: Haven't quite decided if the children will be Force sensitive or not. Though, in this story, after what Obi-Wan went through, we don't think that Obi-Wan and Diedre would give one or both of their children over to the Jedi if they turned out to be potential Jedi.

VaderLVR64: Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully the next chapter will be up shortly.

Indra: We've also liked writting Obi-Wan left the order AU's. So we decided to try a hand at it and we're glad that you've enjoyed it.

DarthIshtar: Thanks, we were trying to give an idea of Obi-Wan's home life after he finally settled down. Though it's going to be to fun to see what happens to them all, especially Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: We're currently working on the next part and it's exiting to write it out, especially how they react to seeing each other again. We're glad that you've enjoyed the story so far.

LukesTheMan: Thanks for reading the story. We hope to have a new chapter up shortly.

10. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Well, here's another chapter. Hope you enjoy it. We will be out of town for a couple days, so it won't be till sometime next week when the next post is up. Thanks again for reading our story........

**Diedre?s point of view**

I yawned as I snuggled closer to my husband, glad that he was back, safe and sound and in time for the Winter Fete holiday. This year was going to be special considering it was Seth?s first one. Though I had a strange feeling that something was about to happen.

?Honey, what?s wrong?? Obi-Wan?s softly accented voice broke through my thoughts.

Sometimes I hated his instincts, seemingly always knowing things I didn?t. Though I very well knew the years of tracking down criminals and his childhood Jedi training made him that way.

?I?m alright.? I sighed, no use hiding it from him. ?I just have a feeling that something is going happen.?

He raised an eyebrow. ?Like what? Something with the kids??

?I?m not sure. I can?t describe it.? I sighed as I let my hands trace patterns across his chest, feeling the strong beat of his heart. ?Maybe I?m just going insane.?

He laughed, but when he glanced down at me, concern was laced in his eyes. ?Diedre, I?m sure that whatever you?re feeling will be alright.?

I laid my head back on his chest as his arms tightened around me. ?You?re probably right, as usual.?

I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head. ?Did something happen while I was gone??

I thought through everything and came up with nothing. ?Besides finding Kalei?s ornaments all over the house and Seth getting a new tooth and chewing on everything he can get his hands on, nothing out of the ordinary happened.?

I felt more than heard Obi-Wan?s deep chuckle. ?Sounds normal. I?m sure everything will turn out alright. And it?s probably due to some added holiday stress, especially since I?ve been gone a lot lately.?

?Why didn?t I think of that?? Now that made perfect sense. I knew the job my husband held was what he was supposed to do, but I still worried about him sometimes.

He grinned like a little boy, one I knew our son would mirror someday soon. ?Because I?m perfect.?

?Perfect? You?? I slapped at his chest playfully. ?You must have forgotten the mistakes that landed you on the couch.?

?Hey, I haven?t slept on the couch in years.? He protested, pretending to pout, but I felt one of his hands creeping around to a certain spot on my waist.

?Obi-Wan, no, don?t even think about it.? I tried to move out of harm?s way, but ended up laughing as he started tinkling me. ?Obi-Wan.?

He turned, nearly pinning me underneath him, with me completely at his mercy. ?You know I can?t resist, especially with that couch line.?

I managed to control myself as he stopped the tinkling. ?Watch it mister, or you might just end up there again.?

?Care to make a little wager on that?? He leaned down, his lips barely an inch from my own.

?And what would the winner get?? I asked, trying not to show how much this man affected me, and how much I was beginning to want him.

His lips started making trails along my jaw line, his voice low and husky. ?Why don?t we let the winner decided that??

?Obi-Wan are you going to your office today?? I heard Diedre ask me the following morning over breakfast.

I didn?t look up from where Seth was waiting for his next bite. ?For a few hours at least. I have to make my report anyway. Do you want me to take and pick Kalei up from school??

?That would be great.? She took a sip of coffee before continuing. ?I promised Mom I would stop by the house to help her with some of the holiday cooking.?

?I?m assuming you?re taking Seth with you?? I asked as my son banged down on his chair, demanding another bite.

Diedre smiled at us before speaking. ?Yes. You know Mom wouldn?t let me enter the house without her youngest and only grandson.?

I gave Seth another bite. ?Should Kalei and I come back here or there for dinner??

Diedre poured more milk i

11. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Wow! I'm usually not a fan of 'Before the Saga' fan fic, but I'm hooked on this one. I enjoy your descriptions of Obi-wan's life--it seems very real and believable. I also like your writing of Obi-wan's kids, they, too, seem true to life and not overly...I don't know, grown-up, like a lot of SW kids are. I look forward to Qui-gon and Obi-wan's reactions to each other. Great job so far! :)

12. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Goodness! This fic is wonderful! :D
    Interesting timeframe, but good one! ;)
    I hope we will get more of this wonderful story!
    Good job Meaganandsasha! You have a long name.
    Marmida

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I read this last night and I enjoyed it very much.

I like the old detective story feel to it and having Obi-wan as a detective with a jedi twist is very very nice. I like watching those old classic detective stories on tv etc. I like how you show his family life etc

Look forward to more. :)

14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    And I?d nearly felt like that thirteen year old boy again, wanting to please this man more than anything in the world.

I think that you've described the relationship that existed between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon excellently in this single sentence.

I'm curious as to the consequences of this meeting on Obi-Wan's family, especially the children.

Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Jedi_of_Imladris: Thanks, we try to make story's real, since we like to read them like that. And we've also never liked the way SW kids grow up too fast. Writting Kalei has been a lot of fun.

Marmida: Thanks, and another chapter should be up shortly after the Christmas holiday. And there are two of us, so we picked the names from some of our stories.

CrystalKenobi: Thanks for reading and we're glad that you've enjoyed the story so far. We've always liked watching Diagnosis Murder and shows like that too. And for Obi-Wan we were thinking of something he would enjoy doing and using his skills, and detetive seemed to fit well.

Valiowk: That line does say a lot and we didn't think that Obi-Wan couldn't see Qui-Gon again without being affected and his past coming back to haunt him. Thanks again for reading and reviewing our story.

16. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Hope and pray everyone had a great and Merry Christmas. We did and we also found some time to write another post. There will probally be one or two more before the story's over...hope you enjoy this next installmant. Thanks again for reading and reviewing....

**Qui-Gon?s point of view**
    **This first scene takes starts a little before Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan meet again.**

I took a deep breath, enjoying the cold fresh air. Seeing Obi-Wan had shaken more than I wanted to admit. Though when I turned around again, he was gone. ?You?re seeing things Jinn. Your former apprentice isn?t here. That wasn?t him.?

Turning down a neighborhood street, I wandered around for quite a while, trying to clear my mind, but something kept tugging on me. Something was about to happen. Sighing, I took a turn down another street. I stopped to admire a few houses nicely decorated for the holiday. Though the Jedi rarely celebrated holidays, I didn?t mind seeing others enjoy them.

Halfway down the street, I heard voices and turned around to see kids running into one of the houses a few feet away. However, I took a step, not noticing that someone was stepping back as well. Until I felt them brush against my back.

I quickly turned around to make an apologize, but it died on my lips as I stood face to face with a grown man, named Obi-Wan Kenobi.

After a moment or so, I finally found my voice. ?Hello Obi-Wan, its been a while.?

?Qui-Gon.? His voice, much deeper than it was before, automatically answered.

We stared at each other for a while, both nearly going into shock at the sight of each other. Though I couldn?t help but notice how he?d grown into a man, his once baby face covered with a beard and the once scrawny limbs filled out. But he stared back at me with those same odd colored eyes.

And it wasn?t until a small voice called out Daddy that our attention was drawn away from each other.

?Kalei.? Obi-Wan turned to the little girl now standing besides him.

Despite the situation I couldn?t help, but smile at the dark curls framing her face, as her eyes, the same as her Father?s, staring back at me. ?Hello.?

?Hello little one.? I glanced over at Obi-Wan who was smiling down at her.

?Kelei, honey, this is Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.? I could hear the hesitancy in his voice. ?He?s an old friend.? He paused as he placed his hands on her shoulders. ?Master Jinn, this is my daughter.?

I leaned over a bit and smiled at her, trying to ease the tension. ?And how old are you??

She smiled, her entire face lighting up. ?I?m four and we had our Winter Fete party today.?

?Did you now?? This one was a character, that much I could sense.

She nodded and would have continued talking, but Obi-Wan quieted her and asked. ?What are you doing here? On a mission??

I shook my head. ?I was, but due to the bad weather, I?ve been stranded.? I paused and glanced down to the little one before looking back to Obi-Wan. ?And you....?

?We live here.?

That made sense, being a neighborhood and all. I was about to continue the conversation when Obi-Wan spoke again. ?We?d best go, I want to get Kalei out of this cold wind.?

I nodded, as I saw the little girl shiver a bit, burying her face into Obi-Wan?s cloak. ?Maybe we?ll see each other again before I leave.?

?Maybe.? With that the two left, Kalei running out in front of Obi-Wan.

I watched them vanish into a house down the block before turning around and walking back to my hotel, deep in thought.

I was still reeling from the shock of seeing Qui-Gon as Kalei and I headed to our home. ?Let?s get you into some dryer clothes.?

?Daddy how did you know him?? My young daughter asked me as she changed her clothes.

What do I tell her? Of course Diedre and a few others knew about my Jedi past, but we?d never told the children about it. When Kalei asked about my parents, we just told her that I?d never known them and was raised by others. And since Deidre had a large family with aunts, uncles

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked how you've set the story up and how it's progressing. Somehow, I've found it terribly sad that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon never reconnected, even though Obi-Wan has a very good life - one much better than he would have had otherwise...

Good job with this.

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Enjoyed that last post very much. The feelings you have described between Obi and his wife and the conversations etc are very realistic etc. I too watch D. Murder. Another one I like to watch is the old reruns of Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Hunter, and Hart to Hart. :)

19. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    Wonderful posts! I enjoyed the writing from both Obi-wan's and Qui-gon's points of view. I also like the continuation of writing of the kind of 'normal' family that Obi-wan has. I look forward to more soon!

20. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I just came across this story and I have to say that I am completely hooked. I love to read about Obi-Wan and Melida/Daan. There are not enough stories about what Obi-Wan's life would have been if he didn't go back to the Jedi after Melida/Daan. I can't wait to read more.

~MR13

21. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    dianethx: Thanks and we thought it was sad as well that the two never made up. Though the next couple posts will fix that problem. Glad you've enjoyed it as well.

CrystalKenobi: Thanks and we've always tried to make things look and sound very real. We're glad to know our readers thinks so. Though we've never really watched Hart to Hart or Scrawcrow and Mrs. King.

Jedi_of_Imladris: Glad that you think so. It's been fun to write the story by expressing what everyone is thinking and writting Obi-Wan's home life has been a challange and a lot of fun.

MysteriousRaven13: Thanks for starting to read our story. We love to see a new reader. AU's concerning Melinda/Daan has also been a fave of ours, so we decided to take a swing at it. We're glad that you've enjoyed it so far.

And without further adeu...another posting.....hope you enjoy it.

**Diedre?s point of view**

I awoke the following morning hearing Seth?s cries through the baby monitor. I carefully pulled out of Obi-Wan?s arms, not wanting to wake him. What little sleep he got wasn?t that restful.

?Mmm....? He mumbled as I got out of bed.

I leaned down, pushing a few strands of ginger colored hair away from his face. ?Go back to sleep my love. I?ll get the kids.?

In response, Obi-Wan turned, pulling the covers over his head. Smiling slightly, I went and got the kids feed and dressed and then bundled all of us up, taking Kalei to school. They only had a couple days till the holiday break, but after what happened yesterday, one less little one underfoot would make things a bit easier.

When I returned, and after making Seth more comfortable, I found Obi-Wan sleeping peacefully. Leaving the bedroom I went on with my day, cleaning up breakfast, playing with Seth, then putting him down for a nap, starting laundry and that sort.

?Good morning.? A deep voice spoke from behind me as I threw the wet clothes into the dryer.

I turned and found Obi-Wan, dressed, but still looking a little sleepy eyed. ?Good morning, honey. Feel any better??

He nodded as I shut the dryer and started it. ?Where are the kids??

?Kalei?s at school and Seth just went down for his morning nap.? I told him as he pulled me into his arms. ?Do you want something to eat??

He nodded. ?Thank you love, for everything.?

?Your quite welcome.? I pulled away then lead him into the kitchen.

As he ate, I went and cleaned up the living room, glad for the quiet, wondering how things were going to work out. Especially with the snow storms and Qui-Gon Jinn in town.

I went back to doings things around the house, letting Obi-Wan rest and mediate on his own. And then the doorbell rang.

Not wanting to disturb either my son or husband, I went quickly to the front entry way and palmed open the door.

?Hello ma?am.? He was tall and lean with long hair. His robes easily gave him away as a Jedi, the same one that had been in my thoughts all morning. ?Is Obi-Wan home??

I crossed my arms against my chest, trying to ward off the colder air. ?You?re Qui-Gon aren?t you??

?Yes ma?am.? He spoke in a thick cultured accent, not unlike my husband?s.

I shivered as a cold chill swept by us and I knew the man was trying to keep warm. ?Please come in and get out of the cold.? I stepped aside, motioning him into the entry way.

He shed his outer cloak and followed me into the living area. ?Please make yourself at home while I go find Obi-Wan. And would you like some tea or coffee??

He smiled, glancing over the pictures on the mantel before turning he gaze back to me. ?A cup of tea sounds wonderful.?

?I?ll put a kettle on then.? I told him, still unsure of this Jedi standing before me. He seemed to be a nice man, but I couldn?t stand the thought of Obi-Wan getting hurt again. ?However, I must know what your intentions are concerning my husband.?

He gazed at me seriously for a moment before stating. ?I?m assuming he told you what happened.? At my nod he continued. ?I think we both need to heal from the past and clear the air b

22. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    Oh, Obi-wan's family sounds so sweet! I enjoyed reading the story from all the different point-of-views, especially Diedre's 'threat' to Qui-gon! Keep writing! I look forward to the next chapter!

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I enjoyed that last post. Its good tosee them talking about the past. Hopefully they will become friends again. With the storm coming they probably will get lots of time to talk. :)

24. Jedi_of_Imladris

Aug 14, 2004
    More soon, right? Oh, please don't die, dear story! Please continue! [face_praying]

25. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Just to let you know and to answer a review we got, this story is continuing. Just a little bit of writer's block and a friend of ours had his appendix recently out (he is recovering). So it's been hard to do a lot of writing, but the next post is being worked on. Hopefully it will be out in a few days to early next week. Thanks again for reading our story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.