main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Qui-Gon's Task -- Ch. 1(Q,Y)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmenk421, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmenk421

jmenk421 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    Working Title: Qui-Gon's Task
    Author: jmenk421
    Timeframe: Begins six standard months pre TPM - but it is most assuredly a Saga story!
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Yoda, others to follow
    Genre: Missing scenes
    Summary: Under Yoda's guidance, Qui-Gon learns a practice forbidden by the Jedi Council, and becomes an integral force in the destiny of the Chosen One.

[b]Chapter 1[/b]

The tiny cane?s tapping reverberated loudly in the vast marble corridor of the Jedi Temple. The two masters walked in contemplative silence, punctuated only by the gnarled gimer?s thunderous echoes. After several meters, the two stopped to face each other.

?A most serious request this is, Master Qui-Gon,? Yoda offered, his brow furled with concern. ?On this matter, the Council?s position has not changed for centuries.?

?I am well aware of the Council?s position on a great many things, Master Yoda. You know I would not have made this request if I were not certain it was the will of The Force,? said Qui-Gon.

Yoda harrumphed. ?Certain are you about much. Disagree with you often, the Council has, on matters of the will of The Force.?

?That much is indeed true,? Qui-Gon acknowledged. ?But I must admit, I am greatly concerned by the Council?s growing inability to feel The Force.?

?Sense that, have you?? Yoda inquired, raising an eyebrow.

?I have.?

Yoda?s following silence confirmed Qui-Gon?s suspicions.

?But what alarms me most,? he continued, ?is the failure of the others in the Order to sense the veil shrouding all of us.?

?Another discussion, that issue is,? Yoda replied, trying to bring the conversation to the topic at hand. ?Still, on this matter, serve you well your history with the Council will not.?

Yoda rested both hands on the top of the gimer stick and closed his eyes. As his shoulders dropped and the lines on his ancient face faded, Qui-Gon reached out with The Force to touch his companion. As he suspected, Yoda had released his feelings into The Force and was meditating.

Yoda was by far one of the most contemplative Jedi Masters in the Order ? almost to a fault in the younger Jedi?s opinion. But Qui-Gon?s ability to accomplish this task hinged on Yoda?s willingness to grant him access to the most sacred volume in the Jedi archives. As it was a privilege granted only to those on the Council, he would allow the diminutive master as much time to consider the request as necessary.

Qui-Gon knelt before the ancient Jedi and began to meditate as well. By clearing his mind and centering himself, he allowed the familiar warmth to wash over him.

After a few moment, Yoda opened his eyes. He had felt Qui-Gon?s presence strengthen in The Force, so he was not at all surprised to see his padawan?s padawan in his familiar meditative position.
    Without waiting for Qui-Gon to rouse from his reflection, Yoda broke the silence.

?What of your duties to Padawan Kenobi?? he inquired.

Qui-Gon opened his eyes and took a breath.

?He is progressing nicely,? Qui-Gon said. ?Even exceeding my expectations in some areas. He is nearly ready for the trials, but I assure you, I will not neglect those responsibilities if I am allowed to undertake this task,? Qui-Gon said.

?Something else, there is,? Yoda detected.

?Master Yoda, I sense The Force is drawing me to this challenge for reasons I do not yet understand, but I sense it is somehow linked to Obi-Wan. To not allow this would be detrimental to him and the Order.?

Yoda scratched the top of the gimer with a course fingernail for a moment. Finally, he heaved a great sigh, and looked back at Qui-Gon.

?Uncertain am I, this path is correct. Know not we do if what is written is possible. Great the consequences will be if learn of this, the Council does.?

Qui-Gon scrutinized the diminutive Jedi master hoping for a favorable response.

?While often agree with you I do not, aware am I of your ability to perceive The Force. Proceed you shall, but without the Council?s knowledge. Responsibility for this training

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting. So Yoda is willing to go behind the Council's back on this issue. Is this canon or AU?

I look forward to more.

3. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh very interesting beginning. I love a good rogue Qui-Gon story, and Yoda makes a good accomplice. Would love to see what happens.

4. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Nice start. Good dialogue, characterization, and visualization. Look forward to reading more as it comes out.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A Qui-Gon story! Hooray! I can't wait to see what comes next. Gotta love my tall Jedi! :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I second VaderLVR's Hooray!! Saw the title and just had to read this.

The conversation between Qui-Gon and Yoda was wonderful... I liked that Yoda brought up Qui-Gon's history with the Council and questioned him on how this would affect his apprentice before agreeing to personally train Qui-Gon.

POst soon, post often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.