main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends FIC: Finding (Qui and Obi angst, pre TPM) 1/23/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Guess who?s baaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!

Okay, over the past year I?ve been in a BIG-TIME TPM slump. Haven?t written anything in over a year. Haven?t been much into reading TPM fiction in many months. Not to mention work has gotten in the way of my writing time. Real life is a pain in the butt sometimes, isn?t it? LOL! But in the last week, I?ve suddenly found my will and want to read Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan stories again. I?ve spent part of the weekend reading thru old favorites of mine from various authors and now I can feel the bunnies jumping again. I honestly have no idea if I?ll actually be writing anything any time soon, but I do have about 7 stories written over a year ago that I?ve not yet posted. Some humor. Some angst. Some focusing on Qui and Obi and a few of them focusing on my original Master and Padawan team of Taash and Ryin who have appeared in a couple of my previous fics. So, in my effort to get back in the game, I?m gonna start posting these things. I?m starting with this one called ?Finding.? Mainly because it?s just a simple, short story?and it?s not my best work. It?s nothing too original by any means, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

So, here we goooooooooooo!

TITLE: Finding
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Pre-TPM. Non-slash. Qui-Gon falls ill during on the trip home from a mission.
    ARCHIVE: Please ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

=========
    Finding
    =========

?How is he?? Master Bren Anders asked as she moved through the doorway and into the small room.

?He?s in a lot of pain and his fever won?t go down. Restless. I think he?s getting worse.?

Obi-Wan Kenobi sat on the edge of the bed. One hand holding a damp cloth. The other was being clutched tightly by the larger hand of his master who lay, bathed in sweat and tangled in the bed sheets. Because of the immense heat coming from his body, Obi-Wan had removed Qui-Gon?s tunic some time ago.

There was little that Bren and Obi-Wan were able to do for Qui-Gon during the four day trip home. Medical supplies were limited and they were not experienced enough in healing to make a detailed diagnosis. So they had to make good with what they could do for him. Bathe his face and chest in cool water. Try to keep him warm from the chills that followed. Use the Force to attempt to dampen the pain that came in waves. Qui-Gon had grasped his padawan?s hand as soon as the boy had come to sit next to him an hour ago. He hadn?t let go yet.

Bren watched the fourteen-year-old with his master. She reflected on how far they?d come since those first months together in the not to distant past. After a rocky beginning, the pair had learned to become more open with each other and in doing so, had become a formidable team. Each realizing what was needed to make their partnership work.

This was the first time since they?d been paired that either master or apprentice had become so ill however, and Obi-Wan was uncertain as to how to react to the condition that his master was currently in. It has come as a surprise when Qui-Gon had reached out to him, and part of Obi-Wan shrugged that off as just a side affect of the high fever. It was the same part of the boy didn?t want to believe that his teacher actually cared for him. But the other part of Obi-Wan was desperate to help his master. He just wasn?t sure that anything he was currently doing was of any comfort to the man. Yet, Qui-Gon seemed to take some reassurance from the boy?s simple act of offering a hand to hold onto. That allowed the younger Jedi a bit of relief.

?We?ve got several days before we are home,? Bren started.

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Of course, there's only one response to that.

Awww. [face_blush]

Oh, and one more thing: Welcome back! :) [face_dancing]

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe...love the mushy ending. Great fic, Obi and it's great to see you back!

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwww that was so sweet! What a great piece to come back with :D

I love our favorite Master and you've done a great job here of capturing the emotions between the Master and Padawan perfectly :)

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    yay! you're back!

enjoyed it, can't wait for more!

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks so much guys for reading and for the 'welcome backs' :D It's nice to be back! I hope to catch up on my reading here as well in the next few weeks and see all the great stories that I've been missing from you guys! Good to see some familiar faces are still wandering around here. :D

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very sweet. Although I miss that younger Obi-Wan who always demanded hugs. He made me smile. :D

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Sweeeeet. Uncertainties vanquished. Devoted Obi. Excessive mush. Just lovely!

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great to see ya back and kicking! Loved this! It was so sweet! :) Very heartfelt and touching :D

10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. Helps me as I try to get even more back into the writing thing. :D

Don't worry Obi-ew, I have THREE already-written, as-yet-unposted humor stories that feature that mush-loving goofy, yappy padawan that has become such a force in my humor fics. So, he'll be making several appearances in the near future. :D

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    No torture !!! just love and mush

WONDERFUL story

Geri

12. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yhea! The Kid is back! [face_dancing]

Sweet mush!

13. captainjack

captainjack Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    Love.....Mush......Slight Angst.........

WooHoo!

Great Job!

[face_dancing]

=D=

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the mush. So glad you're back! I always enjoy Bren/Qui/Obi fics. I thought you did a really nice balance of anxiousness on Obi-Wan part with his hestitancy about being around Qui-Gon. Sweet without being over the top.

Great job.

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks again guys! Since posting this story, I've actually started writing a new story. Humor, but it's something new. I've not actually written anything in almost a year now. So, I'm excited!

Glad everyone enjoyed this one!

Thanks so much!
    Obi

16. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Awww. I loved this story! I actually read this thread a few days ago, sorry about not posting on it until now. I thought I had posted! :p Most of the Obi-Qui stories I read have all the angst and sufferings placed on Obi, so it was nice to have a role reversal. I loved the mush, and Obi-Wan's selfless actions, as well as his doubts and thoughts. Too bad he had to be so unsure about his abilities and worth as Qui's apprentice, and kind of sad that Qui couldn't tell Obi about his true feelings until he was weak and relying on Obi-Wan. Qui can be a little too stoic at times, eh? Hopefully he learns something from this! Good story!

17. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    p.s. - It's good to have you back! I've been a fan of your threads :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.