main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Flavored Gelatin (Part 4 up 2/16 - Asha Jinn's POV)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Title: Flavored Gelatin

Author: JalendaviLady

Time: A few years post-TPM (AU)

Summary: A glimpse into the life of the Jinn family.

Note: This is a bridge between my Qui-Shmi series Code-Breakers, Code-Makers and a series I am currently working on focusing on Shmi and Qui-Gon's daughter as she grows up. I plan on doing one part for each POV - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Asha - with the first part not having a focused POV.

Disclaimer: I own not Star Wars, for it belongs to George Lucas.

Part 1 - Neutral POV

The young Knight looked up as the aging Master entered the room. "And what are you and my daughter doing, Obi-Wan?"

The little girl looked up at Qui-Gon, giggling. She sat on the floor in front of Obi-Wan, a rainbow of jiggly colorful flavored gelatin in front of her.

"She keeps throwing it at me. So, I figured she might like to tell me which kinds she will actually eat."

Asha Jinn giggled, launching a wiggling green cube that bounced off Obi-Wan's ill-kempt and still-growing-out hair.

Qui-Gon laughed. "Has Asha actually eaten any of it?"

"No. She won't even touch any of the red and orange flavors, like playing with the yellow and blue kinds, and seems to think I should wear the green stuff."

Qui-Gon picked Asha up. "Shmi says lunch is almost ready. Go get cleaned up."

A cleaning droid wandered in, vacuuming up the rainbow of cubes scattered around the room.

Qui-Gon waited until his ex-Padawan left for the refresher, and then carried his daughter to the dining room. Asha cuddled against him, closed her eyes, and gave a little infant sigh.

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :D :D :D [face_laugh] [:D]

I love seeing Qui with a family and Obi-Wan baby-sitting! And of course, Obi should wear the green jello. It will bring out his eyes! [face_batting]

3. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    [face_laugh] Very humorous. And with a title like that, I couldn't help but click.

4. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Yeah, the title caught my eye! [face_laugh]

Hilarious!

5. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    VaderLVR64: Asha has other reasons for making him wear the green jello...

Opal and AnakinsHeir: Thanks. With a viggie like that, I couldn't help but use that title.

6. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Oooh, baby Asha sounds so cute! And Obi-wan playing with jello...[face_laugh]. Very good! And very nice title, it really popped out at me!

7. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Disclaimer: See first post.

Part 2 - Qui-Gon's POV

?Mmmmm...?

?Qui, I can?t stir when you?re holding me like this.?

I don?t know how I ever got this lucky. Two years, and I?ve gone from being a Jedi of the front negotiating lines to having a family, a wonderful wife who I freely admit can beat me any day of the week in wooden spoon fights, a step-son who may be an answer to prophesy, and a beautiful daughter. And I still kept my Padawan, for a time. Now Obi-Wan is a Knight, finally, but still a part of the family. Anakin may not give him any respect, but I know that somewhere deep inside there is some level of affection between them.

Mostly because I really don?t want to know what all of Anakin?s pranks would mean if they didn?t come from some deep level of affection.

?You smell nice...? I bury my face in her hair.

?Why don?t you go get Asha and Obi-Wan? Lunch is almost ready; by the time they both get cleaned up, it will be on the table.? She always cooks herself, no matter how many servants work at Varykino. Every once in a while we manage to convince her to take the day off, but she spent so much time as a slavewoman cooking other peoples? meals that she figures she has to at least cook for her family. She?s a good cook, too. Shmi Skywalker-Jinn can create a four-course gourmet meal out of dry grain, water, a piece of any edible meat, and seasonings. I?ve seen her do it many times.

?What about Anakin??

?He?s an eleven-year-old boy. He has Meal Sense. He?ll be here.?

I leave, like an obedient hungry husband. Shmi tends not to ask us to do things, any of us, unless she means it. Comes from the years as a slave, I suppose. She?s a very independent woman. We nearly had to tie her down when she was pregnant to keep her from working constantly. Even with cleaning droids and paid servants, she?s always doing something.

Obi-Wan and Asha are sitting on the living room floor, my daughter intently staring at an array of little bowls of colored gelatin. Obi-Wan must have raided the main house; the servants try to keep every flavor available during Varykino?s busy season. There?s cherry, blueberry, the slightly lighter shading of blue raspberry, the light green of lime...

... and scattered around and behind Obi-Wan, a large field of little jiggling dark green cubes. "And what are you and my daughter doing, Obi-Wan?"

Asha leans back, looking up at me and giving me a little toothless smile. My heart melts.

Okay, okay, so I, the mighty Qui-Gon Jinn get warm feelings deep inside when my daughter grins at me. What of it? If it weren?t for the injury I picked up in the Battle of Naboo, I?d still be winning the Temple lightsaber tournaments.

"She keeps throwing it at me. So, I figured she might like to tell me which kinds she will actually eat."

As if on cue, Asha throws another green cube at my now-ex-Padawan?s head, where it bounces off of the hair he?s still trying to grow out. Padawan haircuts may be easy to care for, but once Knighted it takes forever to grow the stuff out to a reasonable length that doesn?t look goofy. Obi-Wan will probably look goofy until Asha?s old enough to tell him he looks goofy.

I try to keep from laughing, and fail miserably. "Has Asha actually eaten any of it?"

"No. She won't even touch any of the red and orange flavors, like playing with the yellow and blue kinds, and seems to think I should wear the green stuff."

If nothing else, it isn?t genetic. Personally, I like the red kinds. Except for strawberry. Strawberry never quite tastes right to me. Besides, they kept making me eat the strawberry kind when I was healing in the medcenter after the Battle because they didn?t have any other flavors and I had to be on a bland semi-liquid diet for a long time. I can?t stand strawberry. Try eating chocolate cake for six straight months at every meal and see if you aren?t sick of it.

Asha does really seem to like blue, green, and yellow objects for some reason.

I pick her up. Shmi doesn?t like me to do that. My stomach muscles may have been injur

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Neutral POV - Love that Obi-Wan is sitting there as little Asha throws jello cubes at him... [face_laugh] And when Poppa Qui picks her up and she sighs contently.. awwww...

Qui's POV - Mostly because I really don?t want to know what all of Anakin?s pranks would mean if they didn?t come from some deep level of affection. I agree there!! Loved Qui's musing on his life. Obi-Wan will probably look goofy until Asha?s old enough to tell him he looks goofy. Cute line! Qui seems to have the idyllic life.. lucky man!

9. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Healer_Leona: "Qui seems to have the idyllic life"

[face_devil] ... which isn't going to last... [face_devil]

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ha, cute, and i didn't catch on who was his wife until now...

11. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002

Part 3 - Obi-Wan's POV

Well, I was hoping to find out what little Asha will eat.

Instead, I discovered her love of throwing things at me. Again.

The little imp sits there, smiling and wobbling on her little diapered behind.

All Force-strong children are imps. Just ask Master whenever he accidentally walks into one of the great Skywalker/Kenobi prank battles. Although nothing will ever quite match the time Anakin spent three hours in the lake and I told him wrinkled fingers and toes meant he was going to die of water poisoning...

And as if my hair doesn?t already look like a Coruscant sewer rat climbed onto my head and died, there?s green gelatin dripping out of my hair. I love her like she?s my sister sometimes, but I?m cold and wet and wearing my best robes, from which the coloring stains are not going to wash out.

There will be revenge later. Lightside revenge. Asha detests Force-tickles. I think it?s because she can?t see who?s tickling her.

Qui-Gon walks in, instantly depriving me of what little dignity I have left. I may be over three months a Jedi Knight, but he?s still the closest thing I?ll ever have to a father. ?And what are you and my daughter doing, Obi-Wan??

We?re playing Destroy Big Brother?s Good Dress Robes, of course.

She looks up at him, laughing. Asha is Daddy?s Little Girl, and any boy who ever wants to date her (if they bond any more than they already have, you can replace that with ?who ever wants to look at her?; I?d bet my lightsaber on it) is going to have to go through a man who fought a Sith and lived first.

I just should have had better taste in clothing for conducting this experiment. She throws EVERYTHING at me. Grass. Green beans, since she sits so close to us adults at the table. Cereal, if she can get close enough to it. Handfuls of strained fruit. And gelatin.

She picked that moment to hit me in the head with another cube of the stuff, giggling. There was a squishy gurgle as it hit and splattered a little of what was already in my hair onto my robes.

Master joined in the laughter. "Has Asha actually eaten any of it?"

Does Asha ever eat anything when she has a handy target available? I?m just glad she hasn?t manifested telekinesis yet. All I need right now is her and Anakin Force-propelling ice cubes into my sheets at night, instead of just Anakin. I doubt I?ll be able to keep sane training him, but everyone says I should do okay. He still has a few years of growing up yet before he becomes my Padawan, anyway.

No surprising, really. Asha hates the color red with a passion. I took her outside one day to look at the flowers and a red peko landed next to her on a vase. It took thirty repetitions of her favorite lullaby before Qui-Gon could even start to calm her down. Same thing happened with a blue peko three days later, and she nearly got bitten because she was absolutely intent on hugging the thing.

Asha is decidedly weird.

Qui-Gon leaned over and picked her up. Most of the time I?m with Shmi; he really doesn?t need to do any real physical lifting after the permanent damage the Sith apprentice caused. It?d be different if there?d been bacta on planet. I?ll be quiet this once though, because he?s saving me from wearing anymore of this stuff than I already am.

"Shmi says lunch is almost ready. Go get cleaned up."

I get up happily, seeing the cleaning droid wandering through the door. Finally, someone else is dealing with the imp for a while.

I wander into the refresher and look in the mirror.

I look like I just went through a pool of algae...

Getting cleaned up could take a while. If I?m lucky, Anakin might not eat all the best food (all of Shmi?s food is good food) before I get there.

I Force-call the shampoo to my hand, an

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ... which isn't going to last...

Huh?? What??? Are you planning on making me cry or something???

Obi-Wan's POV - Laughed at Obi's idea of Lightside revenge.. that would drive me crazy too.

Asha is decidedly weird. I'm getting certain vibes here regarding this little girl, but for now, I'll keep them to myself.

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Asha's a cute little kid. Good writing, here. :)

14. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Healer_Leona: Oh, just a little something I have planned for a fic about Asha...

Sara_Kenobi: Glad you enjoyed it.

15. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    All Force-strong children are imps. Just ask Master whenever he accidentally walks into one of the great Skywalker/Kenobi prank battles. Although nothing will ever quite match the time Anakin spent three hours in the lake and I told him wrinkled fingers and toes meant he was going to die of water poisoning...

This sounds like something my brother and I would do! :D

16. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon: Thanks.

17. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    I am NEVER writing anything from the point of view of something too young for rational thought processes again...

I'll fully explain why Asha sounds like she does sometime tomorrow.

Part 4 - Asha's POV

biggest brother!

biggest brother!

ooh movy stuff!

movystuffmovystuffmovystuff!

bad movy stuff. dada in morning. biggest brother fall on face. badbadbad.

not as bad movy stuff. mama when dada me up.

good movy stuff. dada me up. big brother me up. biggest brother me up. mama me cuddle.

good good movy stuff. dada sing. big brother quiet no movy. biggest brother play.

biggest brother!

good good movy stuff to biggest brother?

good good movy stuff to biggest brother!

goodgoodmovystufftobiggestbrothergoodgoodmovystufftobiggestbrothergoodgoodmovystufftobiggestbrother!

dada?

dada!

dada up? up up up!

good good movy stuff to biggest brother!

dada!

dada me up!

dadameupdadameupdadameup!

dada here!

dadaheredadaheredadahere!

dada me cuddle!

dadamecuddledadamecuddle...

goodgoodgood...

18. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Ok, I promised an explanation, so here it is:

Little cute Quitot Asha Jinn has an odd form of synaesthesia. She literally sees emotional and some other information from the Force as color overlays on the world. Her references to good colors and bad colors of jello come from this; she doesn't know how to differentiate between Force-color and real-color yet. So, she sees "Biggest Brother" Obi-Wan as being a warm caring green color and attempts to give him other things that are that color.

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I like this turn of events, I could always see Qui Gon as a father figure but its too bad he never had any kids of his own :(

20. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, JediFalcon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.