main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Flying Lessons (featuring Driving Instructor Dooku)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JalendaviLady, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Flying Lessons

By JalendaviLady

Major Characters: Jedi Master Dooku, Jedi Master Jocasta Nu, Leia Skywalker, Jedi Master Yoda, Asha Jinn (OC)

Time: 17 years post-TPM

Summary: Qui-Gon and Shmi?s little girl is trying for her flying license. ?Grandpa? Dooku gives her the first lesson...

Disclaimer: George Lucas, not I, owns Star Wars

The dashing young woman of the brown hair and gray eyes, who had somehow found a way to make even her Padawan haircut look good, was already in the speeder, clutching the wheel. ?C?mon, Grandpa!?

Dooku walked towards her, seriously rethinking giving her the keys. He could feel the two pranksters up on the upper balcony, ready to start laughing their heads off at his expense, Master Yoda perched nearby and and rest of the Skywalkers standing beside him. He doubted Shmi and his former apprentice had left the house yet; Shmi was beside herself with worry and had been for days. Jo-Jo was running an errand in Theed and wouldn?t be back until after the lesson; Dooku had suspicions she just didn?t want to see the moment her lifetime love involuntarily crashed into the watery deep.

Teaching a 16-year-old Jedi Padawan to fly and aircar couldn?t be anywhere near as dangerous as pod-racing...

...could it?

Jo-Jo had given him piles of advice from the recent writers to the ancients (and the fact that some of the advisors had also written about lightsaber forms for the beyond-old backpack-powered lightsabers did not help his stress levels).

The airspeeder was in good condition. Wait, that might not be a good thing. It was Anakin?s speeder, not the family one or one owned by Padmé. No one knew what it could do; Anakin was the only one who ever worked on it.

Why couldn?t Yoda be the one to do this? He is the girl?s master, after all...

But no. Dooku was the responsible driver of the young girl?s family and training chain (which was the closest aproximation of family the Jedi had recognized until recently). Dooku wouldn?t need a booster seat to see over the dashboard. Dooku was her beloved ?Grandfather?. And so Dooku would teach her to fly.

He climbed in the passenger side, Force-levitating the keys over Asha?s head. ?Do you solemnly swear that you are not having any difficulties in separating your synaesthesia from the real colors of the world today??

?I swear.? He let the keys drop into her hands. She started the airspeeder.

?You don?t have to be so purple, Grandpa,? she told him as she swooped up into the sky.

Dooku felt his knuckles go white as he clutched his seat. ?ASHA!?

3 hours later...

The airspeeder swooped in for a delicate, graceful landing.

Dooku stumbled from the speeder as Asha bounded out into the arms of her family and Master.

?Daddy?? It was the voice of one of the munchkins, as Padmé and Anakin?s twins were affectionately known at Varykino.

?Yes, Leia??

?Is Grandpa?s hair whiter now??

Must not go Darkside, must not go Darkside... Anakin he could throw in the lake. Luke he could Force-tickle. Leia... Leia... Leia was untouchable, Padmé?s little diplomat in the making even at four years old, with that little hurt sniff...

He felt Yoda?s clawed hand touch his knee. ?A good job that was. Only a dozen more sessions before the test does she require.?

Dooku felt the world spinning into darkness...

He woke to starlight streaming through the window of the guest cottage he and Jocasta were sharing for as long as Asha?s ?training? took.

He felt Jocasta nearby.

?What happened, Jo-Jo?? he whispered, head aching with every word.

?You fainted and knocked your head on the ground when you fell.? She pulled close and Dooku let his arm wrap around her as she pillowed her head on his shoulder. ?Master Yoda said two days of rest should get rid of any effects, although Master Gi?la in his medical masterwork suggests that a few hours of healing meditation...?

?Jo-Jo, I don?t care what the ancient masters say.?

?Oh?? She pulled away, rising gracefully on one elbow, silver h

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh that was so sweet! *snrk* hehehehe driving lessons... Oh my goodness!! Hehehehe That was great!

Hehehe loved Leia asking whether or not Dooku's hair was even whiter!! hehehe and Dooku's passing out! Several more lessons to go... oh man I'd think I'd pass out as well!! hehehehe

[face_love] Ahhh him and Jocasta :D

Great job! Totally enjoyed this!!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't help but enjoy a place where the best characters live and are still good.

Padmé?s little diplomat in the making even at four years old, with that little hurt sniff... what a perfect description. Poor Dooku, having to be the one giving teens a flying lesson. Quite delightful JalendaviLady !

4. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, guys. I'm working on a few sequel bits, but I probably won't post any of it until Episode 3 is out (since the long piece with Asha takes place when she is 20, well after the place of Ep3 in the canon timeline, and I want the freedom to use characters and locations from the movie without the spoiler risk to anyone).

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. Poor Dooku. Giving driving lessons can be quite.... scary. At least Jo was able to get him some help :D after that!

Good job.

6. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was nice! I like your concept for this AU-- that marriage would become allowed instead of giving Anakin fuel to turn to the Dark Side. Jedi families are always so sweet! And poor "Grandpa" Dooku... :p

7. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Hilarious! I loved it!

8. RannOrgana

RannOrgana Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dooku wouldn?t need a booster seat to see over the dashboard.

Man, that's so funny.

Obi wan: Listen, luke, when you meet Master Yoda you will be a bit surprised.

Luke: Why???

Obi wan: Let's just say the men of Yoda's stature are in 'short' supply!

Luke: ??????????

Rann Organa

9. JalendaviLady

Nov 20, 2002
    Sorry I didn't see your replies guys!

dianethx: Well, Dooku's life can't be all terror...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.