main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga If I Needed Someone-A Post-TPM AU Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuvEwan, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    If I Needed Someone
    A Vignette

Written by LuvEwan

PG

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.

A follow-up to You?re Nowhere. The mission to Naboo ended in a bitter severance of the friendship between Master and apprentice. Four years later, a chance for reconciliation arises.

(Okay, this can be viewed as a stand-alone or a sequel. I didn?t want to write it, but you know the deal with bunnies. They have fangs. You just don?t notice because they?re all fuzzy and cute. Don?t let your guard down for a second. But speaking of fuzzy and cute?uh, this isn?t going to be. The mood?s darker in this than in Nowhere. Sorry. :( )

--

If I had some more time to spend
    Then I guess it?d be with you my friend
    If I needed someone?-George Harrison

--

The storm lingered on the leaves. They drooped with the weight; beads of cooling rain collected at the verdant edges before falling to the dark, softened soil. The winds whispered along the part of the bearded face not concealed by the hood, telling of the terrible clashes that had so violently lit the sky.

But, even as the moisture streaked down and saturated his cloak, he wasn?t aware.

His surroundings had been bled of any color. They stood as pale shadows in the distance. He didn?t spare a second to survey the aftermath of the tempest, for his mind was a flurry of long-abandoned days and a throbbing, tingling, all-encompassing fear--and he didn?t want to begin to consider what would be left of it, once the intense moments had passed.

Jaliah was a planet of tropical forests and marvelous, spanning oceans. Exceedingly beautiful, and loyally guarded by tribes. Nature reigned over the galaxy-wide expansion of technology, and familial mediation was favored in place of a strong-handed government. Overall, it was quite peaceful, without need of outside influence?like Jedi.

So the Council was startled by the transmission from the tiny world. With the current atmosphere of the Universe, the Masters expected talk of invasion. Instead, an elder informed them that a man had suddenly taken ill near the base of their tribe, a young man who claimed to be a Knight of the Jedi Order.

From the start, the councilors knew it was a grave matter. The people of Jaliah rarely, if ever, communicated with other nations. And it was unheard of for them to request offworlders be sent to the planet. Somberly, they asked the name of the stricken member.

Qui-Gon had not been in the chamber when it was spoken. But within his quarters, as he had sat in some version of serene reflection, the name thundered in his chest. He knew, while knowing nothing else of the situation. He knew, and surged to his feet, sprinting through the sleeping halls of the Temple.

When he arrived, none of the dozen faces were marked by surprise. They knew, too. They knew Qui-Gon would be the one to travel, along with a healer, to Jaliah.

The life of Obi-Wan Kenobi was dependent on it.

The pair came upon a dense tangle of prickled vines. They fell away with a single sweep of resonating jade.

?We?re nearly there.? Healer Anayo announced quietly, dark eyes looking to the flourish of ivory dawn in the distance. The slender, graceful man glanced at his counterpart. ?I sense him.?

Qui-Gon compressed his lips. ?Is he??

Anayo briefly touched his arm. ?He?s still there. And I think he senses us.?

The Master turned away. A question throbbed on his lips, but he was too uncertain of the response to chance voicing it. The fear, the hesitant hope, crowded his mind. Beneath it all, and with a thickening in his throat, he wondered, Does he want me here? Since the abrupt end of their partnership, Qui-Gon had attempted to mend the tears, but Obi-Wan was unwilling, to say the least.

Once, Obi-Wan had been his Padawan, and that mere title represented so much. He had been the sole focus of Qui-Gon?s life for over a decade, dominating the first and last thoughts of the day, filling the

2. VaderLVR

VaderLVR Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    Yes, that MIGHT make me feel better. Then again, maybe not because you didn't write. You wrote this! And while it is gorgeous and lyrical YOU KILLED OBI-WAN! [face_shame_on_you]

:_|

Why are you people doing this to me? First Gina, and now you! :_|

3. Jedi_Bant

Jedi_Bant Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    it's nice... it was asking for a sad ending, you know... this is the first story i've read with QG telling OW he loves him and touching him that didn't seem like slash. now if there had been a happy ending you would have had to deal with *that*. really, it's wonderful this way.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    WOW! :eek: That was like...wow...

First you get us going to think maybe he would get better and then he gets worse!! :_| And Qui finally says those words that Obi has wanted to hear for ages! Poor kid.. his last ever to hear. Then again that would be nice to hear somebody say they love you prior to departing this world. At least Obi had somebody who loved him! [face_love] How sweet was that! He cared for him all the way up until the end and held him tightly!!

Excellent work!! :D

5. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    VL It's all a conspiracy to torture you with Obi death. [face_devil] Everyone's in on it...whoops, you weren't supposed to find out! 8-} I know it was a harsh way to end it, but with that specific storyline, I knew it just had to go down like that. I fought it for a long while as I wrote, but it was just heading that way, no matter how loudly I screamed my denial. :D

Jedi_Bant Well, I'm glad you liked it, although I greatly disagree that telling Obi-Wan he loved him and touching him immediately means slash. (I understand that you didn't think this was)Men do have feelings, no matter how macho they act--Qui-Gon wiped a tear from Obi-Wan's cheek as Obi-Wan cradled him in TPM, but the assumption wasn't made that they were anything but Master and Padawan. I actually wouldn't mind writing something with those implications, though. I think the guidelines here are, well, wrong. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and preferences. Thank you for reading. ;)

Kynstar Hey, you snuck in as I was posting this! :) Thank you. [face_love] You're always so sweet. ;) Sorry I misled you--but that's the way of us wicked people. [face_devil]

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, LE Repeat after me

Hap
    EE
    End
    Ding

I would kill you but then you wouldn't write any more glorious stories. The language was exquisite, of course, and your setup was wonderful and heart-wrenching but I want a happy ending, darn it! :_|

Good job.

And I wouldn't mind if you had a happy ending next time. :p

But, hey, it's me!

7. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    (imagines Qui-Gon busting into Avril's My Happy Ending) It was lovely! I really enjoyed it, and please don't do an alternate ending! It's much more meaningful this way!

8. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    diane Huh? I still don't get it. :D I was really worried I would be attacked for this ending; I'm very relieved. :)

kyp All Qui-Gon'd have to do is take his hair out of the tie and he'll look just like Avril. :p Just kidding. I've had people on both sides regarding the alternate fic, so I'll just have to wait and see if anything strikes me or not. :) Thanks for reading.

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    No more dead Obi's :_|
    alternate ending good idea

10. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    PK What's the matter? [face_batting] Don't worry. I was struck by an idea today, so I'll be writing that alternative piece. ;)

11. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    A happy ending? Oh Goody! :D Will it be here or in it's own thread?

12. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    It's own thread. ;) Since it'll have a different title and summary and everything. Look for What You're Missing, coming soon to a board near you. :-B

13. captainjack

captainjack Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    You're my favorite author, but, darn it, we don't get enough happy endings.

However, i am looking forward to the alternate fic.

14. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    So, we get both a sad version and an alternate happy version? I rather like that idea, L_E.

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great vig. =D=

Actually, an alternate ending would be cool to read, but I like this ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.