main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Worst Thing a Jedi could go through... (JA FanFIC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by light_sabe_r, Mar 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Hey everybody, This is my first real fanfic so please don't poke those electropoles to hard...

======================================

Seventeen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi felt creature land on his nose during his Kata preparations. Its blue, transparent wings spanned his face like a mask. He'd never seen anything so beautiful. Then again, he hadn't ever been in a Creltic garden before. The trees, the waterfalls, and the multitudes of flowers with aromas so thick they enveloped and penetrated him like the Force.

With a gentle sigh, he blew the creature off his nose to continue his meditation. He was preparing for the biggest Jedi Tournament for his age group. And he was the youngest competitor.

He flicked his ginger braid over his shoulder and withdrew his lightsabre. Qui-Gon will be here to practice with me soon, I better be ready. Pulling the blindfold over his eyes, he began to stretch out with his senses.

What are you waiting for? A voice called to him. Obi-Wan turned to face the presence. Yes it was his Master; it wasn't hard to pick out to huge man from the small plants and trees.

I'll let him make the first move! Obi-Wan thought.

"Are you going to fight me, Padawan, or are we going to stand here until the cruiser arrives?" Qui-Gon yelled to him from across the garden.

"I don't want to beat you again!" Obi-Wan teased back. He felt than older Jedi move quickly so that he was right in front of him.

In less than a blink of an eye, Obi-Wan found he was locked in training combat with his Master. Stroke for stroke he matched him. Come on! I can do this! Qui-Gon reversed one of Obi-Wan's thrust and began a series of moves which Obi-Wan recognized as familiar. He parried, then ducked underneath Qui-Gon's massive leap and hit him on the thigh.

"Well..." Qui-Gon Panted, "...done..." Obi-Wan found he was doing the same. He took off his blindfold and met his Master's Warm gaze. "I'm out of shape,? he continued.

"I still beat you!" Obi-Wan pointed out.

"This isn't over," Qui-Gon chuckled. "Just give me a moment to catch my breath."

"Okay Master." Obi-Wan smiled in reply. Yet the Force alerted him to the fact Qui-Gon's words were true and the battle would continue again, very soon.

=================

Bear with me. I'll get to the "OB-T" soon. hey! what's a good story, without Obi-Tourture?

[This message has been edited by light_sabe_r (edited 04-05-2000).]

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I always thought the worst thing a Jedi could go through was being in one of MY stories. Just kidding. Now get in there, Qui-Gon, and whup the living Force out of Obi-Wan for his arrogance in thinking that he, a mere 17-year-old, could beat a Jedi Master! I am definitely looking forward to reading more!

3. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks Jane Jinn...

You are one of the talented writer that have inspired me to do this...

I hope I can pull it off
    ======================
    Obi Wan reached to the floor to pick up his cloak.

Qui-Gon saw his chance...

The Force again alerted Obi-Wan to Qui-Gon's onrush, but he swung around to late to stop it. Qui-Gon's elbow hit his left eye and knocked the young man to the floor.

"Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked with some degree of concern, (but mainly ammusement), as he placed a hand on his shoulder. Obi-Wan felt his left eye pulse with heat in pain. "Will you be alright?" The older man continued.

Obi-Wan quickly realised that somehow, he had held on to his lightsabre. Now he saw his own chance...

He groaned and put his left hand over the left side of his face. Qui-Gon moved a little closer to sit the boy up when Obi-Wan lept to his feet, reignited his sabre and nearly cut Qui-Gon in half.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA" screamed Obi-Wan's master in surprise and pain. Clutching his side he looked form the boy's eye to his now torn tunic and burnt stomach. "You fight dirty!"

"So do you Master!"Obi-Wan said, powering down his sabre and returning his left hand to his his eye. Qui-Gon smiled and picked up his own sabre.

"Unfortunetley we won't have much more time to practice before your tournament, we've got a new mission." Qui-Gon told him. "We have to pick up a force sensetive child and her mother-"

"Why her mother?"Obi-Wan butted in.

"Her mother is a Knight, who also has a padawan around your age."

"I think I'm going to like this mission-"

"Don't get the wrong idea," Qui-Gon said with some distate that his appretices hormones were stronger than the force right now. "The Knight has been hiding out and knows we are coming, but the people don't like outsiders-"

"Since when has that been a problem?"

Qui-Gon looked into Obi-Wan with his piercing blue eyes. "We'll talk more on the ship."

=================================
    Sorry, I can't write anymore tonight, but my maths teacher is a dead ringer for Darth Sidious, mad.gif

I'll see what I can do for tommorow.

4. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    This is really good! Keep it up!

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Come on.......More soon????

Kithera

6. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    LOL I think there must be a guild of Darth Math Teachers or something...mine is truly sithly!
    Now on with the story!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hey, this story is good! I am very curious to see what you are going to do to Obi, so please post again soon!

8. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    light_sabe_r Intriguing start. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

9. Princess Jedi

Princess Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 1999
    I'm interested. Please post more soon.

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Yes I think my math teacher is a Darth Sidious as well. Yes I do think so.

11. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    I think my math teacher is Darth Sidious during his disco stage.
    Now then, you WILL post more.

12. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Hey, this looks pretty promising! Continue, por favor...

13. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Hey, this looks pretty promising! Continue, por favor...

14. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Awwww. Thanks guys... redface.gif

Okay, now on with the story...

===========================================

The pilot of the republic cruiser, Triumph X, was waiting at the ramp of the ship. He was a short man with a very ocker accent.

"Gosh," he commented on Obi-Wan's eye. "How'd ya do that sonny."

"Training." replied Obi-Wan, in his more formal, Jedi tone.

"You guys must be very tough to do that in training."

Obi-Wan gve the pilot a no more questions look and boarded the ship. Qui-Gon had already activated the holostation in the lounge, on which, Obi-Wan could see the alien face of Jedi Master Plo Kloon.

"...Jukllgi has no been declared an emergancy area. Be careful at all costs Qui-Gon." He blinked and then frowned. "Tell Obi-Wan not to try any heroics this time. You are to go in, get Niyan, Minaelly and the child and return. Nothing else." The transmission ended and Qui-Gon turned to face his Padawan.

"The planet has erupted in civil war."

"So that's what he meant by no heroics." Obi-Wan grinned. Qui-Gon did not.

"You shouldn't have to be told Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon was giving him a warning. "The Jukllgi people are known for identifying weaknesses and exploiting them for their own purposes."

"Torture?" Obi-Wanfelt a shiver run up his spine. He'd been through so much already, what could these people do to him that hadn't been done before?

Qui-Gon sensed his angst. "We won't get caught this time. It is just a retrival mission." moving to their seats, Qui-Gon continued. "But then again, it is usually the simplest missions that things go wrong."

I know! Obi-Wan thought.

"Oh, The Jedi Knight's name is a Krishnian named Niyan Ogza." Qui-Gon changed the subject, much to Obi-Wan's delight. Qui-Gonshowed Obi-Wan an image of the jedi. Tall, three tufts of hair that extended along the top of her three ridges. Her eyes were a dark purple almost navy blue.

"She used to teach at the temple right?"

"Yes, she taught intragalctic ediquotte." Qui-Gon replied changing the holo image. "This is Minaelly Ecrof." This image showed a human girl around the age of fifteen with her caramel hair cut in the padawan regulation style. She also had sparkling blue eyes.

"I thought you said she was my age!"the Padawan interjected.

"They have hidden on Juckllgi since she was sixteen. By now she would be aroung seventeen to eighteen years old."

Obi-Wan felt the corner of his mouth raise a little. At least I have something to look forward to on this mission.

============================================

Depending on how you guys respond tonight mabye I'll post more.

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm responding, I'm responding, see my enthusiasm? *grin-grin-grin!*

"...what could these people do to him that hadn't been done before?..."

Yeah, what? WHAT? It's usually the simple missions that go wrong--horribly wrong--with lots and LOTS of torture, right?

I also loved the way Obi-Wan almost sliced Qui-Gon in half! Keep up the great work! Light_sabe_r, I mean, not Obi-Wan. Although on second thought...No. No, no.

Keep writing!

16. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    LOL Thanks...

I'm in a typing mood, I just finished my little brother's short story (which I did only for the money)

Let's see if I can get some more done then

The cruiser had landed in a canyon three kilometres west of the city Ablu on the Planet Jukllgi. From the skies above, Qui-Gon saw the scars of the new war.

What looked like the town's hall had one poor soul on the roof, scrubbing off the words Liberate Jukllgi, Sinelk won't! The Force was dark here, filled with the memories of recently spilt blood on the pavement which humans in sea blue uniforms now marched with blasters almost as tall as his Padawan. He saw very few civilians that were not running home.

Although Niyan had given the council instructions to her small hideout, Qui-Gon knew she would be difficult to find. The planet looked like it was only populated by humans, how had she hidden herself here for almost a year and a half?

"Master," Obi-Wan called to him from the other portal, "What do you think that huge tower is over there?"

Qui-Gon walked over to his Padawan. The tower in question stood over the town shadowing certain parts of it in darkness. Fear seemed to be flowing from it's tallest pinnicle. "Maybe that is where the ruler is residing."

"It seems to be breathing the dark side." Obi-Wan commented, playing nervously with his braid. Qui-Gon hit his hand. "Oww!"

"Padawan, a jedi shows not his emotions." Qui-gon told him in his authoritive tone. "Stop playing with your hair!"

Obi-Wan smiled, embarrassed. "Sorry Master."

"You seem to be making a habit of playing with your padawan braid. It is not something to use in times of boredom."

"I understand." Obi-Wan looked back at the tower. "I still would like to know what that is."

"I cannot answer that Obi-Wan." I wish I could! "Come, let's find Niyan and get out of here."

The pair hooded themselves and made their way to the city. Qui-Gon followed the street signs and the directions he had recorded in his datapad. There search had narrowed down to one final street. "This is where we'll find them."

Obi-Wan glanced around. "Something isn't right Qui-Gon..."

Qui-Gon looked at his surroundings with more detail. There was a few children playing with wooden rods pretending to be jedi, a steaming chimney from one of the houses and all of the houses were boarded up. "I sense nothing unusual for a city in the middle of a war."

Obi-Wan looked like he was trying to control his own laughter. "I can smell dirty diapers."

Yes, as Obi-Wan finished speaking Qui-Gon could smell it too.

"Then this must be the place..."

To be continued.... eek.gif

17. Amarice

Amarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Stop playing with your hair!"

LOL, that's what my Mom always tells me.

MORE!

18. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    I have time for only one post today . (Damn Chemistry!)

Qui-gon tapped the door chime of the house with the rather strong scent. After waiting a few minutes there was still no answer.

"Aren't they home?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'll find out." Qui-Gon replied, gathering the force around him.

Unfortunetly, he couldn't sense anything bar a blockage.

"They're home, someone is sheilding them."

A small hole appeared in the door. Qui-Gon saw two navy blue eyes peer through and the hole closed again. A deep female voice called out to him from the other side, "Come in, friends." and then the door opened into the darkness.

Cautiously, Qui-Gon stepped in and let his eyes adjust. He could make out only one figure infront of him. Obi-Wan stayed behind his Master as most Padawans do in official meetings.

"Close the door," the voice said again. Qui-Gon nodded to his apprentice who already had his hand on the closing button. The men unhooded themselves as the figure lit a candle. Once light was in the room, she looked at her guests and wiped her eyes. "'Best only, I will send,' Yoda told me... He didn't let me down." She paused. "I am Niyan. Welcome to Jukllgi Master Jinn, Padawan Kenobi."

Qui-Gon bowed before her, Obi-Wan followed suit. The Krishnian Smiled at them both. "It's good to see you Qui-Gon." Qui-Gon nodded diplomaticaly. Turning her attention to his Padawan she said "My! You chose a good one." She took Obi-Wan's hands and looked him in the eye. "Haven't you grown Obi-Wan! The last time I saw you you were hardly up to my waist! Now you're up to my shoulder." She put a tentative hand to his eye. "How on earth did you do that?"

"Training." replied Obi-Wan. Does it really look that bad Master?

Niyan sensed to sense Obi-Wan's silent question. "Min gets a kick out of injured men..."

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon with an open mouth and his Master was very ammused.

"That reminds me," Niyan said releasing the young man's hands and moving to a doorway that must have led to down the hall. "Min! We have guests, get up here and bring the baby!"

"I'm just changing the little worm!" A younger voice called back.

"Bring some bacta gel as well!"

"Okay, Master!"

Satisfied, Niyan turned back to her guests. "Please, sit down."

There was a small table for four in what looked to be like a very humble kitchen. Qui-Gon took a seat across from Obi-Wan. "So how do you two know each other?" Obi-Wan nodded with interest.

Qui-Gon hesitated, he couldn't offend Niyan, or else it would be a long ride home. "I...beat her in a sparring tournament."

Niyan looked at him in disgust. "You did not!" She looked back to Obi-Wan. " Yoda ruled a double disqualification after your Master decided he was going to fight dirty!"

"Me?" Qui-Gon answered innocently.

"You seem to have a habit of that..." Obi-Wan chimed in. Qui-Gon ignored it.

"Well you fought back!"

"In defense!"

"I am liking this misson!" Obi-Wan said with a boyish grin. Qui-Gon gave him a very stern look. But noticed the boy wasn't talking to him.

====================================
    Sorry guys... That's all tonight!

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Min gets a kick out of injured men."

Don't we all! Great post! Obi-Wan is not the only one liking this mission--er--story. Keep going, especially with the good teasing between Master and Padawan, and Qui-Gon and Niyan.

20. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Very nice, I really liked that post.

Kithera

21. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Min gets a kick out of injured men

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Jane Jinn--Don't we all

I must concur, especially injured Jedi.

22. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Interesting plotline.

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Good story.Looking forward to more!

24. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    She'd grown up so much from the Image Obi-Wan had seen on the holo. The girl still looked much younger than seventeen or eighteen. She wore the clothes of a peasant, plain and worn. The child Min was clutching wore similar attire. Yet the baby had three thick lines of hair running back along her skull. The Krishnian child,

Niyan interupted his train of thought. "Here is the rest of our party! Min, this is Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Qui-Gon Jinn-"

"Obee-an Kinobee an' Mata Ky-Gon Jin." The Jedi men directed their gaze towards the child, she didn't look much older than one but she was already speaking basic.

"-And that little worm is Juma." Niyan continued.

"WORM!" Juma said with some delight.

"How can she speak so well?" Obi-Wan asked. Niyan didn't look surprised.

"Krishnians say their first words between the age of one and two months. She'll be walking any day now."

Obi-Wan turned his gaze back to the female apprentice. Even thogh her hair was cropped short it seemed to blow on a breeze that never existed as she handed Juma to her mother.

After handing the baby to her Master, Min pulled something out of her pocket and tossed the item to Obi-Wan. "There's a mirror down the hall and to your left."

It took Obi-Wan a second to register that the item was bacta gel and that he had a black eye.

Grinning sheepishly, he nodded and moved off down the hall.

Qui-Gon shooked his head in dismay. Obi-Wan was now distracted from the task at hand. Somehow he'd have to change that.

"How do you know the child is force sensetive?" He asked.

"Forsh."Juma giggled.

"She pulls my hair with the force, sir." Min answered.

"Besides that she is of Jedi descent and has a midichlorian count high enough to join the order." Niyan continued.

"Well, you know how Yoda is with Jedi children, we'll have to get to Coruscant as quickly as possible." After pausing he added. "Are you all ready to leave?" Both women nodded. "Good, we'll leave as soon as Obi-Wan is ready."

Obi-Wan stared at the blackness of his bruise. He couldn't recall recieving a training injury as bad as this. It had taken half a tube of the gel to absorb into the skin.

Min gets a kick out of injured men. He sure hoped so.

Placing the tube on his belt, he walked back down the hall to see the group standing around the table.

Qui-Gon nodded at his re-entry, "We have to go now"

The group hooded themselves and Niyan placed Juma in a baby sling. The four Jedi headed out for a long walk back to the cruiser.

=========================================
    &lt;YAWN&gt;

I know that one was a bit boring, but I promise loads of action in the next one. Okay,

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    No, it wasn't boring at all! I especially liked the line where Qui-Gon is thinking "Obi-Wan was now distracted from the task at hand. Somehow he'd have to change that." Oooh! How? And where Obi-Wan remembers that "Min gets a kick out of injured men. He sure hoped so." Yes! We hope she gets more opportunities later to get her kicks. Lots and lots of them! No, not boring at all! Very tantalizing, in fact, so hurry up with the next post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.