main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Tales from a Greasy Spoon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Apocalyptic_Jawa, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalyptic_Jawa

Apocalyptic_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    Hello! Thanks for stopping in! :)

This thread is going to be an anthology of short tales revolving around events in Dexter Jettster's diner on Coruscant, involving Dexter, his staff, and various and sundry patrons.

Just as a warning: if you're looking for deep, substantive drama or romance, this isn't the place to be. These tales will be just a bit of harmless fluff. Some might even call them pointless and stupid. I sure do. :p

Anyhoo, if you're still here after all that introduction, here's the first installment for your perusal:

THE THIRD DOOR

Dexter Jettster's diner was bustling with activity when Qui-Gon Jinn led his pupil Obi-Wan Kenobi, and young Anakin Skywalker through the doors. Anakin looked around, and a smile spread on his face.

Species of all sorts sat at the booths, or on the stools at the counter. The air was filled with the clink and clatter of dishes, the sizzling of something-or-other on the grill. A droid buzzed about the room taking orders, while a greasy-shirted sentient worked behind the counter.

Now this was a place Anakin could get used to. He wasn't yet entirely comfortable on this planet of cold steel towers and crowded skies, but this dingy diner was a little taste of home.

The alien behind the counter spotted them, and spread all four of his arms wide. "Qui-Gon, my friend!" he boomed, coming towards them.

Qui-Gon smiled. "Good to see you Dex--hurk!" he broke off, as Dexter caught him in a bone-crunching embrace. Anakin and Obi-Wan shared a grin at his discomfort.

Dexter let Qui-Gon go, and turned to Obi-Wan. He flicked Kenobi's padawan braid with one meaty finger. "Haven't you gotten rid of that, yet, kid?"

"Not quite, Dex," Obi-Wan said. "I'm working on it."

"And who might this be?" Dexter smiled down on Anakin.

Qui-Gon stood behind Anakin, and placed his hands on the boy's shoulders. "This is Anakin Skywalker. Soon to join our Order."

"Pleasure to meet you, Anakin," Dexter said, ruffling Anakin's hair with a massive hand. "What can I get you gents?"

"Perhaps a seat, for starters," Qui-Gon said, looking around. "You seem to be rather busy."

"Just the tail end of the lunch crowd," Dexter said. He walked over to a booth occupied by a scraggly-looking Shistavanen wolfman, grabbed the wolfman with all four fists and hauled him out of the booth.

"Hey, hey, what gives?!" the Shistavanen protested, smoothing his clothes as he extricated himself from Dexter's grasp. "I got every right to sit there."

"You try paying off your tab one of these days, Blonx, and you can sit wherever you want," Dexter said.

The Shistavanen scowled, but went on his way. Dexter gestured magnanimously to the booth, and Anakin and the others sat.

Within a few minutes they all had their meals. Anakin devoured his with relish; it might look like some sort of coagulated grease patty on bread, but it tasted incredible.

"Are you nervous about meeting with the Council?" Qui-Gon asked him as they ate.

Anakin took a sip from his fizzy drink, and shook his head. "Nope. Well...maybe a little."

"You've nothing to worry about," Qui-Gon smiled. "Just answer their questions to the best of your ability, and all should be well. They can't help but see the same potential in you that I do."

Anakin returned the smile. He liked Qui-Gon; his hair might be a little on the girlie side, but he was all right for a grown-up.

"Their questions might not seem to make much sense," Obi-Wan said, "but you have to trust in the wisdom of the Council. There is a method to everything they do."

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, was a bit of a know-it-all, Anakin thought.

Anakin polished off the last of his meal, and asked, "Where's the restroom?"

Qui-Gon pointed toward an archway, and Anakin slipped out of the booth and headed to it. Just inside the arch, he turned a corner and went down a short hall, at the end of which three doors awaited him: one of the left side of the hall, one on the right, and one straight ahead. The one on the right bore the bla

2. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    What lies behind the 3rd door?

Will there be a sequel in the works?

Great story! Thanks!

3. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Great idea! Look forward to the next one!

4. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Dude, I want to know what's behind the door!!!

There were so many good lines in this...like the one about Qui-Gon's girly hair, and the "little alien's room"...wow.

These are awesome! I can't wait for more!

5. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    :eek: :eek: So the real reason for Anakin Skywalker's fall to darkness is revealed at last...

[face_laugh]

Absolutely loved this, AJ! So funny and your characterisations were great.

Obi-Wan, on the other hand, was a bit of a know-it-all, Anakin thought.

:p I can definitely see Anakin thinking this. And could it perhaps have a ring of truth...?? ;)

Great start! I'll definitely be looking forward to the next one. :D

6. Apocalyptic_Jawa

Nov 6, 2004
    LadyZaraMarta: Thank you for reading. Didn't have any plans for a direct sequel, but the third door might turn up again. Ya never know. :)

LukesTheMan: Thanks! More will be coming!

Laura_Anu: I could tell you what's behind the door, but...*shudder*. You don't want that. Thanks for reading! ;)

Knight_Aragorn: Thank you! I've got a few more ideas bubbling for this, and hope to get to them soon--just as soon as I finally finish "The Cloud City Caper".

AJ

7. Apocalyptic_Jawa

Nov 6, 2004
    *plink*

(pin drop ;) )

AJ

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    So THAT'S why he ended up so messed up!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

GREAT! Is there going to be another one of these soon?

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was great! Well-done. :) Yes, what is behind that door? You've got my imagination all in a tizzy wondering. :D

10. Apocalyptic_Jawa

Nov 6, 2004
    Vongchild: There will be more--*hopefully* soon. Thanks for reading! :)

Arwyn_Whitesun: Thanks! But I'm sworn to secrecy. ;)

AJ

11. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Great story! Be posting more soon? I hope.

12. Apocalyptic_Jawa

Nov 6, 2004
    MY-T-Chewbacca: Thank you! :) More will be coming...

AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.