main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Padawan's Priorities (Qui/Obi Fluff - For Layren! - vig) responses 4/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by maychorian, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Title: A Padawan?s Priorities
    Author: Maychorian
    Timeframe: JA (Obi-Wan is 18)
    Category: Completely Random Mush (and proud of it)
    Summary: Qui-Gon takes on a big, important project and is soon completely absorbed and stressed out. Obi-Wan refuses to take no for an answer.
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Author?s Note: Semi-sequel to ?Priorities??certain references will make more sense if you read that first, but it isn?t required. For Layren! This is in response to her persistent begging for Qui-mush. This fic has no other reason for existing. Really. It?s quite, quite useless. Nothing but marshmallow fluff with a little pink sugar sprinkled on top. (Mmmm . . . marshmallow chicks . . . must go buy half-off Easter candy . . .) I apologize for the lack of torture.
    Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, we all know what goes here. All hail the Flanneled One! :::abject genuflection:::

A Padawan?s Priorities

?I can?t believe I let him talk me into this again!?

?Aw, does my Master have a headache??

Qui-Gon looked up and aimed a glare at his cheeky apprentice as the boy approached him from the kitchen, carrying a steaming mug. ?For your information, he does,? he growled. ?Not that you would care, insolent child of mine.?

Obi-Wan slapped his hand to his heart and staggered a pace back, still keeping the mug perfectly level. ?Master! You wound me!? He straightened with a grin and finished his journey to the common room couch. ?I made you some tea.?

Qui-Gon eyed him doubtfully. ?Marjili with cinna?? He was a bit bewildered by his Padawan?s obsession with that particular blend. It was nicely spicy, true, but rather too sweet for his tastes.

?You think I would waste my favorite tea on you, ungrateful Master of mine? We go through that stuff much too quickly as it is.? Obi-Wan waved the mug under the older Jedi?s nose. ?Come now, guess again.?

Qui-Gon caught a tantalizing whiff of the hot beverage and hesitated for a moment, then tried to wave it away. ?Obi-Wan, I don?t have time for this.?

?There?s always time for tea.? Obi-Wan sat next to him on the couch, glancing over the datapads and flimsies spread over Qui-Gon?s lap and most of the low table in front of him. ?At least you have two weeks to organize the tournament this time, instead of just one. Isn?t that easier? And you already did it once, so you aren?t figuring it out as you go.?

?Yes, but a lot of things change in four years. The procedures for reserving the main salle are entirely different, for instance, and of course there?s a whole new batch of Padawans, and . . .? He paused, realizing that Obi-Wan was ignoring him, and was, in fact, removing all the datapads and flimsies from the table and setting them in tidy little piles on the floor. ?What are you doing, Obi-Wan??

?You need a break, Master.? Obi-Wan tried to take the datapad from his hand, but Qui-Gon stubbornly held on. After a brief tug-of-war, the Padawan acquiesced with a sigh. ?Fine, keep it. But drink the tea. It?s zubreken blend, your latest favorite.?

?Oh.? Feeling slightly chastened somehow, Qui-Gon accepted the mug and hunched over it, sniffing it deeply as he waited for it to cool enough to drink, his eyes still fixed on the datapad in his hand. After a moment he became aware of an unaccustomed pressure on his neck and shoulders and sat a bit straighter in surprise. ?Obi-Wan, what are you doing??

?I?m helping your headache, Master. Please relax, or this is going to be much more difficult than it needs to be.?

Qui-Gon almost started to relax, then remembered himself and tensed up again, twisting away from the questing fingers with a low growl. ?Obi-Wan, this is not a good time for you to practice your massage skills. Or lack thereof.?

?This is the perfect time,? Obi-Wan contradicted. ?Now hold still.?

The older Jedi huffed. True, it was sweet of the boy to try to help him and all, but dash it all to piec

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    All I can say is...if persistent badgering for mush-fics can produce this, then I'll gladly join forces with Layren. Force, lady, that was magnifique! Devious Obi - and so very loving too. Massages!...and Qui-Gon giving in to Obi's tactics. :D

>>>"Rebel-yus, stubborn, sneaky, manip-lative liddle Pad-wan . . ." Qui-Gon accused, waving a finger vaguely in the direction of Obi-Wan's face.>>>

Awww...am fast melting into a warm, mushy goo...[why don't they have an icon for mush appreciation???]

Any more where that came from [looks hopeful]??

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh that was sweet! [face_love] How touching!

Great work! Poor Qui... got tagged to do the tournament again? [face_laugh] I didn't think Qui would shave his head!

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Oh, that was wonderfully sweet. I loved it. [face_love]

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwww * melts in a big puddle of mush* that was so cute...

After a rough day that was such a great treat...thanks so much I needed it !!

[:D]

6. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    =D=

Wonderful mushy fluff! :)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_love] [:D]

What sweetness! :D

Loved it. And I think you should write more, too. I love the fluffiness factor.

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    happily snuggling into the big fluffy pile of mush :)

9. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    P_A Any more where that came from [looks hopeful]??

:D Quite possibly. I keep getting bunnies on bunnies . . .

Kynstar I didn't think Qui would shave his head!

:D That's one of my favorite lines in this piece. Just so quintessentially Qui-Gon.

LuvEwan

Thanks! You're not really leaving us for Spongebob, are you? Haven't seen you around in a few days . . . :(

Layren

:D Of course you're very welcome!

AnakinsHeir

Thanks!

VaderLVR64 And I think you should write more, too. I love the fluffiness factor.

Thanks! Feel free to check out "Priorities." It's 10,000 words versus 2000 here, and just chock-full of mush and fluff. Okay, sorry for the plug. Back to your regularly scheduled responses.

PadawanKitara happily snuggling into the big fluffy pile of mush

Aw, how cute. Makes me think of a big beanbag chair . . .

Thanks, everyone! The last story in this arc, "Final Priority" is up on the Saga board. Thanks for reading and enjoying! I wouldn't be doing this without you.

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Gotta love the mush. Very adorable - especially Obi-Wan using a sleep suggestion to get Qui-Gon to back off and relax.

Loved it!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I agree with all, mush is always a good thing, it's like chocolate, it can only improve one's day and this certianly put a smile on my face. Lovely job maychlorian. :D :D

12. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    That was really cute!

13. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    A wonderful sequel. Once again, great job with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. As I was reading this, I was watching the end of episode I, and for the first time I realized just how painful Qui-Gon's death must've been to his apprentice. It was like losing a best friend, parent, and favorite teacher all in one. Wonderful job, Maychorian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.