main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Between Darkness And Light (sequel to Journey Into Darkness) - Obi-Wan brings Endria back home.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I won't be making another post until Monday unless I get feedback requesting a Sunday post. Last Sunday when I posted, nobody read it until Monday. So, if you don't want to have to wait until Monday for the next story in the series, let me hear you loud and clear! Now, on with our story. As always, enjoy:

?Between Darkness And Light?
    BY: p_stotts
    See ?Journey Into Darkness? for disclaimer, rating, yada, yada, yada. This story is the
    next installment in the ?Second Chance? series. The stories, in order are: Second Chance, Getting To Know You, Getting To Know You Again, The Little Things, Midlife Crisis, Journey Into Darkness, and Between Darkness and Light.
    SUMMARY: Obi-Wan brings Endria back to the Temple.

Qui-Gon Jinn leaned against the wall in the common area of his apartment, staring out the
    balcony door. He hadn?t left his apartment at all in the two days since Endria?s sudden
    departure. Obi-Wan was doing his best to make sure his former master ate and slept, but
    it was an up-hill battle. Qui-Gon had simply stopped caring.

The severe depression that gripped the Jedi master was a source of worry and concern for
    Obi-Wan, as well as Qui-Gon?s closest friends.

Obi-Wan stood in the kitchen doorway staring helplessly at Qui-Gon?s back. The few
    times he?d tried to engage the Jedi master in conversation, he?d gotten only one-word
    answers or grunts in reply.

The door buzzer sounded and Obi-Wan hurried to answer it. He opened the door to find
    Marta standing, bags in hand, on the threshold. Standing aside so she could enter, he took
    her bags from her and helped her off with her wrap. Giving his hand a squeeze, she went
    to greet Qui-Gon.

?Father,? she whispered, as she ensconced the large man in a hug. His arms wrapped
    around his daughter of their own volition as he buried his face in her hair and held on for
    dear life.

Obi-Wan watched as they stood like that for a long time, and then wordlessly picked up
    Marta?s bag and deposited them in his bedroom where she?d be sleeping for the duration
    of her stay.

His daughter?s presence seemed to buoy Qui-Gon?s spirits a little, and he was actually able
    to sit down and eat a normal supper that night. Even so, mealtime conversation was
    practically non-existent, each one not wanting to upset the tenuous peace. After the meal
    was finished, Qui-Gon got up and gave his daughter another hug. ?I?m glad you?re here,
    Marta,? he whispered before retreating to his bedroom for the night.

As the bedroom door closed softly, Marta finally let loose the tears she?d been holding in
    since her arrival. Obi-Wan was quick to comfort her, lending her his handkerchief to blow
    her nose.

?Oh, Obi-Wan,? she said when she was calmer. ?It kills me to see him like this. What was
    Mother thinking??

?I don?t know, Marta,? he answered. ?I?d like to think that she at least thought she had
    his best interests at heart.?

Marta nodded and walked over to sit down on the sofa. Obi-Wan joined her, the supper
    dishes forgotten for the moment. ?Has your uncle found out where Endria might be??

Marta shook her head. ?Not yet, but he?s looking into several possibilities.?

They were silent for a time after that. Finally, Obi-Wan got up with a sigh and started to
    clear the table. After a moment, Marta got up to help him. They worked in silence, Marta
    retiring to her bedroom for the night afterwards.

As soon as Marta?s door closed, Obi-Wan put on his robe and quietly slipped out of the
    apartment. Entering the lift, he ascended to the Council members? residence level and
    knocked on Master Yoda?s door.

?Hello, Anakin,? Obi-Wan greeted when the door was opened by Yoda?s young padawan.

?Hi, Obi-Wan!? greeted the youth with irrepressible joy. ?Master!? he turned and yelled
    as he stood aside to let Obi-Wan enter, ?Obi-Wan?s here!?

?Deaf I am not, Padawan!? scolded the ancient master as he hobbled out from his study.

?Yes, Master,? mumbled Anakin.

Yoda patted Anakin?s head affectionately. ?Go to the maintenance sh

2. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    *grin*

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love that last paragraph of Jahal's!

Qui-Gon deserves a good thumping for acting like an idiot!

Still loving this p_stotts!!!

4. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yeah, Jahal doesn't say very much, but when he does it's right on target!

5. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
  6. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    Loving the series.
    Now up you go!

Arctic Wolf

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, Wolf! Don't mind if I do. Up!

8. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Didn't want it to get too buried before Monday. Posting the next story in the series tomorrow.

9. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Just bringing it to the top before I post the next section.

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Thank you so much for upping this! I was afraid I almost missed it!

Loved the way Qui-Gon had some sense knocked into him!

Off to read the next one!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.