main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm Starting A JA Run-On Story- Please Add On! Chapter Two

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ty-gon Jinn, Mar 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, the other thread was just getting way too big to load, so I'm starting Chapter Two of my run-on story.
    The other chapter was really good, so I hope all the peaople who read it will post on this.
    eek.gif No swearing, please- I can't say that enough
    Thanks to all the talented writers who helped on the other thread (I hope you'll help on this one, too):
    cool.gif Jane Jinn
    cool.gif Miana Kenobi
    cool.gif Jedi Knight Anakin
    cool.gif The Jedi Princess
    cool.gif Chandar Stardreamer
    cool.gif Mekial
    cool.gif Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi
    cool.gif snowbee-wan kenobi
    And I want to throw in myself (Ty-gon Jinn). Hope that didn't seem rude of me.

And now, a recap before we continue:
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon raced out of the training room and down the corridor, but stopped when they saw what was approaching. It seemed to be a shadow of a man, but one that could hold a blaster and a young initiate at the same time. The girl tried to remove the shadow arm from around her neck, but each time she touched it, she cried out in pain. The shadow jammed the blaster even harder into her head, forcing it to one side.
    "There's no need for that,"said Qui-Gon, taking a few cautious steps forward, his light saber in an upright and ready position. "Let the girl go."
    "I ssssugesssst an exchange,"the shadow hissed."I let thissss girl go, and you ssssurrender your Padawan."
    Yoda finally stepped out of the other room. At the sound of the stirring, the rest of the masters in the council stepped into the corridor. The shadow ran away, dropping the girl. Qui-gon Jinn ran to her assistance- Obi-wan just stood there, dumbfounded at how close he had come to certain doom. He had recognized the man in the shadows who had run away, and was glad he now did not have to leave.
    Xanatos grabbed Obi-Wan's arm painfully and snarled, "I am here because I hate you, I am here because I hate Qui-Gon Jinn, I am here because I hate the Jedi."
    Then with a powerful blast of the force, Obi-Wan was knocked out cold.
    Qui-Gon was on the other side of the temple when he felt Obi-Wan in pain and then nothing. He raced back to Obi-Wan's room and saw that the door was broken down. There was no sight of the young apprentice anywhere.
    Qui-Gon was beside himself, he should of stayed with him. Yoda appeared and said, "Obi-Wan we must find. Or lost forever he will be."
    Back at the Jedi Temple, Yoda and Adi gallia were buisy talking to the young girl Xantoes had captured. She said she didn't know her name, and all she could remember was a loud "boom" and then everything went blank.
    Yoda traded glances with Adi. Then he focused his attention back to the girl. "All you remember, is that?"
    The girl noded sadly.
    Adi jumped in. "How did you become involved with Xantoes?"
    The girl thought for a moment. "I don't know, exactly. See, i remember seeing this guy wearing a lot of black come and carry me to a ship, cause i had hurt my leg when something fell on it. It was a pipe, i think."
    Adi looked at the girl with deep, brown eyes. "Go on."
    "well, i remember he said my name was gonna be Jani from now on, and he said something about how i would be used for good purposes or something like that."
    Yoda gave a questioning look. "Did Xantoes ever say who he was mad at, or why?"
    The girl called Jani thought for a moment. "Yeah, he once said something about his master or someone. i think his name was Ki-Gone, or Qui-Gong, something like that."
    Adi leaned towards the girl. "Did he ever say what he would do if he ever met up with him?"
    The girl nodded. "Yeah, he said he would kill him."
    Qui-Gon ran forwards past Obi-Wan, trying to get a better look, but all at once, the ship made the jump to hyperspace and disappeared. Staring up at the sky for a long moment, Qui-Gon sighed. Xanatos had escaped again, but he'd come back and try again. Some day. Sometime.
    "Go ahead, kill me. He doesn't care. He doesn't want me anymore."
    The pain and fear in Obi-Wan's voice made him turn around. Obi-Wan was standing stiffly at attention and a shadow was standing behind him, twisting his arm behind his back a

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Um.. can I just say, dang?

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Where is everybody?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??! JANE!!! Jedi Princess!!!!!!! Mekial!!!!!!! Snowbee!!!!!!! I ain't gonna write this thing by myself! Besides, I can't think of anything to add onto it right now, so ADD ON!

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Miana Kenobi-
    Sorry for the not-so-brief recap. Have you ever tried condensing eight pages to one post?
    Ugh.
    Anyway, thanks for wanting to help. Glad to see you still here.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    No prob', Bob!

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Darth Ravage is Bruck's mother? This oughtta be good!

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    JANE! We need torchure! PRONTO!

(If any of you noticed, My User name went back down to Padawan, when i was a knight. It's because after they got the forums back up, it got all messed up and it said i wasn't a registered member, so i had to re-register, which was a pain in the butt to do...)

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :::taps nails on desk, waiting for someone else to come:::

Jane, quit reading that part in "A Jedi Christmas Carol" that you love so much and get over here! NOW! I'll see where i can go from here...

Qui-Gon's comlink beeped. he pulled it out, "Qui-Gon here."

It was Deepa Billaba. "Master Qui-Gon, we have a little bit of a problem down here. It's.."

Then another voice came through, shouting. "Get that jerk down here now! I want him now!"

There was a pause, then Deepa came back on. "We really need you down here."

"All right, I'm on my way."

WRITE SOMEONE!!!!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "I'll come with you,"Obi-Wan immediately volunteered.

Qui-Gon stopped and looked at him."Obi-Wan, if you take one step in that direction, I will grab your braid, march you straight to the infirmary, and have An-Paj put you in restraints."

"Master!"Obi-Wan cried incredulously, looking hurt.

"I will not go through this again, Padawan. I will not allow you to be kidnapped and tortured a second time."

"Who said anything about kidnapping and torturing, master? And anyway, how do you know they don't want to kidnap and torture you? You need someone to watch your back, and what's a Padawan for, if not to watch out for his master?"

"Obi-Wan, did you know that the word Padawan is actually a corruption of the phrase "Paddle-One", meaning the one who gets paddled because he doesn't obey?"

"No, master, I didn't know that,"Obi-Wan replied, giving him a strange look.

"That's because it's not. But don't tempt me. Stay here and let me deal with this alone."

With a sigh, Obi-Wan sat down in one of the remaining chairs and crossed his arms over his chest."Yes, master."

"And stop sulking, Padawan."Qui-Gon was stirred by a sudden memory, and added,"Remember, I'm doing this for your own good."

"Yes, master."

Qui-Gon went out the door and down the corridor a few paces, then leaned against the wall and waited. Only a few minutes later, Obi-Wan exited the cafeteria as well, and jumped guiltily when Qui-Gon moved to intercept him.

"I thought I recognised that look."

"Which look, master?"

"You had that same look on your face as you did when you'd lost your memory and you were planning to run up and down the hall the minute I turned my back."

Obi-Wan bowed his head in shame."Sorry, master."

"Do you know how I shall punish you for your disobedience, Padawan?"

"No, master."

"I shall let you come with me and experience the natural consequences of your actions."

By the way Obi-Wan's head snapped up and a silly grin appeared on his face, Qui-Gon could tell that he didn't think it was a punishment at all.

"And if you get kidnapped and tortured again, you can remind yourself that it's your own fault,"he growled.

"Yes, master! And then you'll come rescue me, right?"

"Right,"Qui-Gon admitted grudgingly. And as Obi-Wan moved eagerly towards the lift, Qui-Gon couldn't help adding,"But after that, you'll live up to your name. Paddle-One."

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 04-07-2000).]

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Jane, LOLLOLLOL!!!!!! Paddle-One?! Thanks for the help, jane!

Okay, that's 3 people, now where's everyone else?

11. Jedi55

Jedi55 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2000

I'm looking into getting a program to make my own fan films. I want to be able to make the 3D modles like in the previews for Duality and Kight Quest. I also want to be able to make some good LS sequences. What is the best program to do all this ? Please let me know. Thanks.

12. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Check older posts, we have gone over this before.

There is no all in wonder program. If you want KnightQuest quality, you need Lightwave (SoftImage or Maya work very well also. 3D Max is an excellent modeller, I just don't put it up there with LW) and you need years of experience. Tom is a great artist but he didn't become it working on a fanfilm.

For Lightsabers you can use Axogon, Media Studio Pro, or Photoshop (there are others but these are the most used). Again, Axogon has a high learning curve, Media Studio Pro has a lot of tricks for good sabers, and Photoshop is well, Photoshop.

Start small...learn how to do models with Blender (which is free). Practice sabers with the shareware version of Axogon.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

13. Mr. Star Wars

Mr. Star Wars Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2000
    3D Sudio Max 3 baby!!

14. Jedi55

Jedi55 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2000
    Thanks for the advice Azeem. All I need to do now is get enough money to buy one ! (jeez ! Could they cost anymore ?)

15. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Well, here is my listing for 3D Progs.

Soft Image, this will bring a normal computer down to it's knees when trying to start it up. It will also bring your wallet down to it's knees. But it is the best 3D prog out there.

Maya is more character modelling oriented. That's the best program you can use to model people

Max and Lightwave are actually on the same level Zeem. I think LW has a better rendering system but not by that much. Max has many more modelling options and stuff like that.

The truth of the situation is that it doesn't matter which program you get. I've seen some photorealistic stuff done with 3D Max so it's always how good you are as a 3D artist.

SZ

16. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    To be honest, you don't really need expensive programs like Lightwave or 3dsMax top create realistic looking space scenes. You could use free programs like Blender or Strata Studio like I mentioned in another post. For space scenes you only really need simple animation facilities like spline paths etc.

I use Hash animation Master, which is only $299 US. Even though it costs so little, it has features comparable to Maya and Softimage, including some such as reusable actions that Maya & Softimage don't currently have. Being spline based, it wouldn't really be practical to use any of the freely available Star Wars models available on the net. Although, using Hash, I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to build yourself. It also has soft and hard body dynamics, much like what they used in Maya for the Pod racers, and for clothing also. Aswell as fur/hair, sophisticated boning, excellent procedural texturing etc. All as standard, where as you would need to pay a lot extra for such plugins in 3dMax. See the site for yourself.. http://www.hash.com http://www.hash.com

I guess you could also use other budget programs like Bryce aswell. In the end, it's not about what you use, but what you can do with what you use. By paying close attention to lighting, colouring, textures and motion, you should be able to create realistic looking scenes. To get your colours looking correct, copy them from photos. I used this technique once for grass. I loaded a Naboo snapshot from starwars.com into Paint Shop Pro, highlighted a few areas, wrote down the RGB numbers of the colours, and then applied those colours to my scene. That way, I had a true grass colour, rather than the unrealistic green colouring you see in a lot of CGI.

17. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    Here's yet another that has met a horrible ugly death...

Toppers !!!

18. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    Hey! Glad to see this topic is back up!
    ---------------------------------------------

Darth Ravage gleamed as he saw Qui-Gon approach from his pawn's fury-gleaming eyes. Oh, how he will treasure the moment he has them in his hands, within his grasp. All of his work, all of his planning, everything came down to this. He had lost many of his... "Servants".... during this, but now it would all pay off.

He pulled his black cloak closer around his body. His young, pronounced face practically screamed evil. He waited in silent anticipation, watching as Qui-Gon walked towards her, with his...

Padawan! Why did he bring that runt! No matter, as soon as I have them both I will torture them with every method invented!

He grinned menacingly, surpressing a evil chuckle. Oh how he would cherish this. So many decades has he been a Sith, so many years, all this time, planning for the moment that he would have a Jedi Master in his clutches, finally...

He was snapped out of his daydream by Qui-Gon's voice to the woman.

"I am Qui-Gon Jinn. How may I help you?"

He grinned, and moving his hands, his pawn did too. She moved her hands slowly to her waist, slowly to the blaster that was hidden under her belt. As she did, Ravage sent a wave of the Dark Side into the room, and the guards drew their blasters too, pointing them at Qui-Gon Jinn and his helpless Padawan.

"Now," He growled. "The time has come." The woman glanced to the guards.

"Set it for stun."

Before Qui-Gon could even reach his saber, his Padawan was on the ground, unconcious. Soon enough, Qui-Gon was as well. The other Jedi tried to draw their weapons, but they were shot before they could reach their belts.

"Excellent." He grinned. "Bring them to me. Kill all opposition."

Oh this was going to be sweet.

19. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    Excellent post JK Anakin...anyone else taking a shot???

20. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    Top! I don't wanna see this thread die! UP! POST!

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    From being possesed by Xanatos to being knocked out by Darth Ravage- Obi-wan's mind reeled as he woke up. For the first time in months, all the memories caught up to him in an instant.

He screamed. It was more than he could handle.

Jani sat in the Temple garden. She was excersizing her midichlorians- the ones she got from her tranfusion of Obi-wan's blood.

Suddenly, she could feel it. Obi-wan had been knocked out.

She ran, screaming, for Master Billiba.

-----

Holy Cow! If I want to save this, I have to UP it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.