main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga FIC: Remember (one post story) -*NEW 4/14/05*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi the Kid, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    TITLE: Remember
    AUTHOR: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    RATING: PG
    SUMMARY: Post-TPM. Non-slash. Prequel to "Empty." Taash Evram and his apprentice Ryin Cyr, while on their way home from a mission, learn about Qui-Gon's death.
    ARCHIVE: Ask me first.
    MY WEBSITE: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/
    DISCLAIMER: The characters and venue of Star Wars are copyrighted to Lucas Films Limited. The characters not recognizable from this venue are copyrighted to Tracy C. Knight. The story is the intellectual property of Tracy C. Knight and is copyrighted to her. She makes no profit from the writing or distribution of this story.

NOTE: This story is a PREQUEL to my story, "Empty."

============
    Remember
    ============

Jedi Apprentice Ryin Cyr wandered the lounge. It was not a small room, but it was crowded. Commercial transports that ran between the Outer Rim and Coruscant were popular among the many races and beings of the galaxy, and it was not unusual to see the this particular room so packed. Ryin took everything in. Newly turned twelve years of age, he was almost two full years now as padawan to Master Taash Evram. The ginger-haired boy had learned much in a short time as a learner, but his teacher encouraged him to be curious and observant during their down time. Learn to read the body language of the different races. Learn interactions and reactions. The transport was filled with beings he'd never seen before. Some Jedi, some not. Young and old. Loud and boisterous. Shy and withdrawn.

Ryin smiled as his gaze followed a large furry blue creature cross the room and then watched as the creature greeted a Jedi that Ryin knew to be Knight Vasha Sohan. It didn't take experience in reading interactions to know that the Jedi and the furry beast were old friends as they clasped hands and pounded each other on the back. Ryin grinned mischievously as he secretly wondered if Master Taash knew anyone that blue and that hairy.

He observed them for a few moments and then proceeded to the bar area to grab a beverage
    for himself and his master. While he waited, he turned his ear to a conversation going on
    at the table closest to him. Three Jedi spoke in hushed tones, but with voices elevated enough so that if someone was listening carefully, they could be overheard. Ryin realized that he was eavesdropping on a private conversation, and was about to move further away when he heard one of the Jedi mention a familiar name. The padawan sat as quietly as he could. Trying to shut out all the noise around him. He needed to focus on who they were talking about.

"Qui-Gon Jinn. Three days ago. A Sith Lord is what they are saying. Jinn was slain before Kenobi could land the killing blow."

"Is all this official?"

"No, just what has been passed from Jedi to Jedi. So the details are sketchy. But the one fact is true. Jinn is dead."

"What about Kenobi?"

"From what I understand, he was unharmed. Beyond that, I can't tell you much."

Ryin could feel his breath quickening. His pulse beginning to race. Master Qui-Gon dead? He had just seen he and Obi-Wan a short time ago. Before their mission to Naboo in fact. He and Master Taash had joined them for dinner out at Dex's Diner. No. This couldn't be true. This couldn't have happened to someone like Qui-Gon Jinn.

In the short time Ryin had known Qui-Gon, he had grown very fond of him. And he knew how powerful a Jedi the man was. How in tune he was with the living Force. It just wasn't possible that he had been killed. Obi-Wan would have saved him. Yes. That was it. There was just confusion in the story from it being passed through so many different hands. Ryin knew how stories could start as one thing and by the time they hit the last person in the line, the story may not even resemble what it began as.

The bartender handed the drinks to Ryin and the boy exchanged them for credits. He shot a glance at the table of Jedi and then began a hurried walk back to the cabin that he a

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweet you posted it here too! :D

This was great! So heartfelt and touching [face_love] I liked how Ryin was so concern about Obi :)

Great work on the emotional angst :) and the warmness of their concern for Obi :D

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was very nice. I liked that the pair really missed Qui-Gon but knew that Obi-Wan needed their help and understanding in this.

Good job.

4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for reading, guys! And for the comments. Much appreciated!

Obi

5. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Wonderful as always Obi! Glad to see you back! :)

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey Renton! Good to see ya again! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.