main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Little Bit of Trouble (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, one -post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Title: A Little Bit of Trouble

Author: Master_Noi

Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan

Time: TPM

Summary: A little piece of sad fluff (if that genre exists) about two Jedi and a kitten.

Notes: I would like to thank maychorian for the idea of the Temple stray that spurred this odd little bunny.

?Master, we?re going to be late to meet our transport.?

?Coming, Padawan.? Qui-Gon emerged from his room, travel bag slung over his shoulder. ?Don?t worry. We have plenty of time.?

Obi-Wan opened the front door of their quarters. Both Jedi paused at the sight of the very small furred creature sitting at their front door.

?Uh oh, Trouble,? Obi-Wan groaned.

The small kitten ran up to Qui-Gon and began to playfully swat at the hem on his robe. The tall Jedi reached down and scooped up the small creature in one hand.

?I honestly don?t know why I let you name her, Padawan.?

?Would you have preferred Pathetic??

Qui-Gon held the kitten in front of his face until they were eye-to-eye.

?Pay no attention to my grumpy padawan,? he said in soft, babyish tones causing his apprentice to roll his eyes. He brought the kitten close to his face and nuzzled her soft black fur against his beard. The kitten began to purr. He held her back out in front of his face. ?We have to go away for a little while so you will have to find someone else to stay with while we?re gone.? The kitten took a playful swat at his nose before he set her back on the ground.

The tall Jedi started walking down the corridor and Obi-Wan fell into place behind him. The kitten paused for a moment and then chased after the pair, choosing to run through Obi-Wan?s feet. The young Jedi stumbled, nearly falling on his face.

Qui-Gon turned with an amused smirk across his features.

?Perhaps you are trouble,? he said picking the kitten up again. ?I?m sorry, I?ll have more time when we get back. Go see Master Windu while we?re gone.?

?Master, he?s allergic to cats.?

Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan with the same amused smirk plastered on his face.

?I know, Padawan.?

He set her back on the ground and the kitten watched as they walked away from their quarters.

?How long do you think we?ll be gone this time, Master??

?I don?t expect the negotiations on Naboo to be that long.?

They turned the corner, disappearing from view, and the kitten scampered off in the other direction.

Obi-Wan sat on the sofa in the quarters he now shared with Anakin. He hadn?t slept well since the changes in his life that had occurred during the mission to Naboo. He had already done his routine check on Anakin, adding another blanket over the boy?s body. Anakin would eventually adjust to the cooler climate, but was still quite cold at night.

He reached up and ran his hand over the stubble on his face, the beginnings of a beard. It seemed fitting to grow one. He was a master now, after all.

Muted cries from the outside the doorway caught his attention. He opened the door and looked down at the kitten seated outside.

?Trouble.? The cat ran past him and began to pace through the quarters. Sadness washed over Obi-Wan as he realized she was looking for him. ?He?s not here.? He paused. ?I?m afraid he?s not coming back.? The young master settled down to the sofa again. The finality of those words was overwhelming. A cough came from Anakin?s room and the kitten raced to the door.

?Anakin is in there, not Qui-Gon.? The kitten reached up and scratched at the door. ?Ah, so you don?t believe me. I?ll show you.?

Obi-Wan opened the door and watched as the kitten took hesitant steps into the room. She jumped up on the bed and sniffed at the young boy before coming back out.

?I?m sorry.? Obi-Wan said, feeling it was a little odd to be offering condolences to a cat. ?You can still stay with us. I think Anakin would like you, and it seems I?m in the business of taking care of what my master left behind.?

Obi-Wan started towards his room. The kitten rushed to follow and Obi-Wan stopped at the doorwa

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I like that Obi-Wan named the kitten "Trouble". :)

Very cute!

I have a feeling that Obi-Wan will end up liking Trouble, anyway. ;)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That is so adorable. I like how he apologized to the kitten for the messy room :D

4. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Aw. [face_blush] I'm glad you went with this idea. That was so sweet, but very sad.

5. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Aw, that was cute!

Apologizing to the cat for the mess amused me. My cat likes messy rooms better than clean ones - more things to mess with, haha. :)

Seems like Obi-Wan just can't get away from trouble. ;)

Keep up the great writing! :D

6. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Jedikma - I don't think it matters whether he likes her or not. She's decided she's sticking around. That's how it is with cats.

Kitara - Thanks. Well, he wasn't expecting a guest. 8-}

LuvEwan - That's why I called it sad fluff. I have trouble writing fluff sometimes - it all seems to start becoming sad.

talkingbanana - Seems like Obi-Wan just can't get away from trouble. [face_laugh]

** I'm shocked. I really didn't think I'd get any response out of Obi-Wan talking to a cat, so thanks for reading.

7. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Gah. Loved it. Anything to do with kittens always interests me. Anything to do with kittens, Obi and Qui is...great :D . As the experienced owner of 5 cats, I know all about kittens, clawing, and ripping up hems. Pests, all of them, Which is why I haven't got rid of them yet.

Loved Qui's adopting kittens...but he never came back from that blasted mission. :( . Perhaps 'Trouble'll do a lot of good to Obi, after all.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, I love how Qui-Gon is with Trouble... so cute and then you have that line that just stops me. ?I don?t expect the negotiations on Naboo to be that long.? I just ached at how Obi-Wan knew she was looking for Qui-Gon, but loved that Obi-Wan allowed Trouble to follow him into his room and I bet he'll find himself growing attched to Trouble himself. :)

Sad, but lovely viggie Noi.

9. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Aw. I have a feeling that one night is going to turn into many more.

Great job!

10. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    P_A - Wow, five cats. We have one right now, a very big spoiled baby. I thought Qui might really be cute with a kitten. :)

Leona - so cute and then you have that line that just stops me. Expecting a nice fluff piece about a cat, and then Naboo had to happen. *sigh*

Kadi - Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.