main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Shadows In The Light: Chapter One. (A tale Of Qui-Gon's Life) *also my first SW Fanfic! LOL* H/C

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Annadalla, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annadalla

Annadalla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    This is my first Star Wars Fanfic, so please be gentle...LOL It's about Qui-Gon's story of his Jedi knighthood...hope you enjoy! The story starts when he's at age 8...the story will progress through his adolescence to when he accepts Obi-Wan as Padawan. And maybe more, depends on the reviews of it. Thanks you guys!

Annadalla

Shadows In The Light
    by Annadalla

Chapter One: What Is My Name

My name is Qui-Gon Jinn, son of Len-Gon and Yulu-La Jinn of Matoa. I was born as an accident. My Master, Migdon Quailmorth, says otherwise, but I know it is true. My parents never wanted a child so soon, but here I was. I can still see a brief image of their faces, the look of hope in my mother's grey eyes. I look out onto the late afternoon sky, and take a breath. Another day.

"Qui-Gon!" The strong voice of my Master rang through the halls of our small temporary apartment at Coruscant. It's been almost all day since I've seen him. I turn to him, but my dark eyes linger towards the woman standing next to him. She is very pretty, with slightly slanted eyes that are grey, like my mother's, but with shiny copper hair that is pulled into a bun on top of her head. For a second I thought she was my mother, but no, she couldn't be. My mother had brown hair, or so I remember. Her ears are pointy and her nose has a button-like appearance. Master Migdon is of the same race as Master Kit Fisto of the Jedi Council, his greenish-grey tentacle-like apendages wrapped over his broad shoulder. He is smiling at me, his arms folded across his chest in a gesture of peacefullness.

I run to my Master, my feet stumble a little, because the woman next to him is so pretty that I cannot focus. Her face is long and her eyebrows make no delicate arch, but are simply there; with no definate shape. Her lips are thin, but the bottom one sticks out slightly. They're pink, but there is no makeup on her face whatsoever. She seems elegant and powerful, yet simply so. I manage to reach Master Migdon, who's still smiling at me.

"Yes, Master?" I stare to him. He is much taller than I am, but yet he is not as tall as the woman. His eyes stare down upon me, and he smiles again, the wrinkles on his face seem more aparent when he does this. "What did you need?"

"Qui-Gon, this is Master Jinx C'Ton of Tatooine," He motions his left hand to her, and I stare up at her face, which offers a dry smile to me.

"It is nice to meet you, Master Jinx," I say politely, bowing my head quickly.

"As it is to meet you, Young Jinn," She says, as she bows her head slightly, her voice is firm and bold, even as it is only a whisper now. She raises herself back up and turns to Master Migdon. He shifts in his place, and his face slowly forms a frown. He stares back at me. His deep blue eyes show concern, worry. These are not normal traits of my master...what is wrong? I ask, using the Force to guide my question to him, but so the woman does not hear me.

Master Jinx is still staring at my Master, and Migdon's eyes focus in and out at me. Did he get my message? Will he answer? He says nothing.

"Qui-Gon, will you excuse myself and Master Jinx for a moment? We need to be in here to talk a moment." His voice is soft, but urgent.

"But she just got here," I say startled at this. Had we not just met?

"No, Padawan. Please wait outside, this will only take a moment," His voice becomes more urgent, and with more firmness. I merely bow my head in acceptance and move to the door. The woman walks passed me and quickly takes a seat where I had just been. Master Migdon gives me a final glance before following her motion and taking a seat. I frown as I shut the rooml doors which had been open all day. A clanging noise is heard, and I'm out in the hallway alone; nothing but a cool breeze at my neck.

I should go onto the balcony and let them have their privacy, but my heart doesn't want to leave. I lean against the door, and place my ear to the cool metal and try to hear what they are saying. It's fuzzy at first, but grows clearer as I listen harder.

"H

2. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    That was great! It was interesting how you used the present tense isntead of the past, but you pulled it off perfectly. That was very touching, I feel sorry for Qui-Gon. I'll definently be reading the next chapter.

3. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Poor Qui-Gon. Please tell me there's still more. :_| :_| :_|

4. Annadalla

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks so much! LOL, don't worry. I'm planning on getting the next chapter up as soon as possible. By the way, Do I simply post it on this topic? (the next chapter I mean) I'm a little new at this. Thanks for the good encouragement guys! LOL

Annadalla

5. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005
    Yup, you just make another post with the next chapter. I'll be looking forward to it.

-Lord Zeron

6. Annadalla

Mar 22, 2005
    Hello everyone! Here's chapter two of the fic I'm doing. Happy Birthday to me as well...yay! Anywhoo, this is still told from the view of 8 yr old Qui-Gon...he'll get older..don't worry...ha ha ha...

Shadows In The Light
    by Annadalla

Chapter Two: His Name Was Dooku

Master Jinx's ship bounced a little as we hit the landing ramp, and I was tossed forward in my seat, only to grasp onto the dash of the shuttle for support. Master C'Ton never faltered or shifted in her seat. I was in awe at her control of the Force, and constantly found myself shifting my eyes away from her as she turned her gaze upon me. What this feeling was, I did not know at the moment. It was not love, no, not the same love I had carried with Master Quailmorth, but it was more of a slight admiration mixed with intimidation that I felt when I stared at the sharp, powerful grey eyes.

"Follow me, young one," Master Jinx said smoothly as we exited the shuttle. It was night on Coruscant; the star shone brightly in the sky as I stared up at them in slight awe. My mind was still weighing heavily on Master Quailmorth, but I found it interrupted by the sight in front of us. Three men dressed in patrol officer uniforms ran towards us and made quite a fuss in the concerns of C'Ton's shuttle. I was amazed at how remotely calm Master Jinx was.

"If we could possibly move you closer to the Temple," One of the officers rambled, running his hands through his jet black hair. "I know of a closer docking area that would more conveniently--"

"That will not be necessary," Jinx said sharply with a calm sweep of her hand into the man's face. "I prefer the walk." She motioned me past the officer with a light tug of my brown tunic.

The officer seemed stunned for a moment as Master C'Ton led me into the elevator. I was quickly shuffled into the door, but Master Jinx remained on the outside of the elevator, and I saw a calm, quick wave of her hand pass in front of the officer's faces.

"There will be no need to move the shuttle," She said slowly, a slight extra authorital command in her voice. "It will be fine right here." There was suddenly a great coldness that swept the area, and it chilled me so much I started to shiver slightly. The air was damp for a second, and then everything was normal again.

The officers seemed beside themselves for a second, then the black haired man turned to the other two, a blank expression on his face. "There will be no need to move the shuttle. It will be fine right here." The other men nodded and turned to face Master Jinx. They bowed their heads slightly and turned to leave, the third man with black hair nodded and shuffled off with them as she stepped gracefully into the elevator door with me.

I stared up at her with wide eyes. She had just used the Force to make those men let her shuttle stay where it was. I had never seen anyone do that before. Master Migdon had told me about Jedi having that ability, but had never used it before, or taught me the technique. I suppose my stare was quite noticable, because she tilted her head downwards and gave me a slightly curious look.

"Something wrong, young Qui-Gon?" Her voice had a slight humorous amused tone to it I had never heard before.

"It's just that I've never seen anyone use the Force to make people do things," I mumbled. I figured she must have thought I was an idiot, but she merely gave me a odd warm smile that seemed so unlike her.

"I would have thought your master would've taught you that already," She said serenely.

Suddenly there was an intense feeling of embarrassment that embedded itself into me, and a feeling of offense. Was she mocking my master? His teachings? I frowned, "Master Quailmorth believes in the Living Force and says that we do not need to persuade others to find ways to get things accomplished."

"I did not mean to shame you in such a way, young one," She apologized suddenly in concerned tone, smiling slightly still. "I am none too proud of the fact that so many Jedi use that to their advantage either, but in t

7. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005
    Another good chapter.

I felt exhausted just looking at it.

Great line. I imagine I would probably feel the same way standing in front of a building that large.

Post again soon.

-Lord Zeron

:)

8. siavv

siavv Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2004
    Interesting start, I'm looking forward to reading more...

I felt exhausted just looking at it.
    That line got me too... ;)

9. Annadalla

Mar 22, 2005
    Shadows in the Light
    by Annadalla

Third chapter's up! yay! It's taken awhile, but here it is! Thanks for all the support! Oh, and I own nothing of Star Wars basically...LOL

Annadalla

Chapter Three: New Master, New Day

The Jedi Temple Council Room was unlike any I'd ever seen. The walls draped with purple hues of tapestries and dark green lamps that circled the room. The room was lit well, the emerald lanterns streaming white light into all corners of the room. It was a sight I was certain I soon would not forget.

There had been hardly any conversation between the three of us on our way to the room. Master Dooku was quite chatty, constantly asking Master Jinx if her trip was well, how she was, and what she had been up to. Things of that matter. All those questions at once would've overloaded my mind, but every one of her answers was calm and cool. She had no hint of annoyance in her voice. I was amazed and had more respect for Master C'Ton than ever.

She said she had been fine. I learned she was from Elementia, obviously a planet far far away, for she said it took years to get to it. I was shocked at first, because my former Master had told me she was from Tatooine. She stated casually that she had been stationed there before, and that my master must have assumed that she was from there. She also said that she had been there tending to the Jedi training facilities on Elementia for the past century. Apparently, she was the head of that area there. She gave no complaints, only that she had not the time spent there that she meant to. She had wanted to stay a little bit longer, but duties in the Order called, and she was not about to let her fellow companions down. She ran a hand to see if her hair was slicked back enough into her bun right before we went into the Council Room and gave me a swift look to me before we went into those doors. I couldn't tell if she winked or not, because the doors opened and light flooded us in that dark hallway as we stepped inside.

The Council was not all present, for there were several chairs that sat empty, not even a hologram projection of them. Those that were there gave Master Jinx an immediate bow of their heads and another to Master Dooku. Then their eyes fell on me.

I knew the smallest one there. That was Yoda, I was certain, the green and leathery creature with those intense eyes of the same color. The man next to him was much bigger, with a lean, dark face and brown eyes that seemed beyond his years with wisdom. The creature on the other side of the room was a pretty humanoid with long green tentacles that were covered by a large deep purple hood and contained a long face of hazel eyes and a warm, young smile. The other Jedi I knew, it was Kit Fisto; his green tentacles on the back of his chair, his large maroon eyes and youthful face casting a warm glow upon me. I knew him because he had worked closely alongside my former master, Migdon Quailmorth. The final Jedi was a very, very young looking Jedi sitting next to the tall dark man. He had brown hair and a forlorn, saddened stare. He seemed very serious, despite his obvious youth. He did not acknowledge me as the others did. He only gave me a half smile and then turned back to the Jedi beside him.

"Welcome, you are, Master C'Ton. As well are you, Master Dooku," Yoda said, his wizened green face looking at us with a sleepy gaze. "Waited for you, we have. And now, here you are." He lifted up a gnarled cane and waved it to us.

"We are sorry not all the Jedi could come to see you Master Jinx and Dooku, but situations have...kept us busy." The tall dark skinned man said with a expressive wave of his hand.

"Not at all a problem, Master Windu," Master Jinx said curtiously. "It was not necessary for all the Jedi to be here tonight in any case."

The man named Windu smiled and nodded his head. "Good."

"Is this young Gui-Gon?" The woman sitting by Kit said in a gentle, yet firm voice.

"Yes, Master Lunara, it is," Dooku replied for me, placing a hand on my shoulder. It still felt

10. Roobione

Roobione Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    I am so liking this one, cant wait for the next chapter.

Roobione

11. Annadalla

Mar 22, 2005
    Shadows in the Light
    by Annadalla

Hey hey everyone! Here's Chapter Four! Hope all of you guys enjoy it! It takes a slightly deeper look into the develpmental relationship of Dooku and Qui-Gon as Master and Apprentice. Personally, I like Dooku, so this is a good chapter for me to show in my opinion how good of a Jedi he once was, in more ways than one.

Also, Qui-Gon is twelve now instead of eight, so yippee! Little Jinn's growing up! *tear* LOL, well,
    I own nothing of Lucas Films or Star Wars except for my own Jedi, Jinx C'Ton, which I claim! LOL So here we go!

Chapter Four: Makashi and Ataro

"No, no," Dooku frowned with slight impatience as he turned the lightsaber slowly in my hand. "You must hold the saber with your left hand above your right. It helps to create a more fluid motion that way." He let go of my hand as I held it in the stance he had placed it in. Dooku backed away from me and held his lightsaber near his face. A red beam of light retracted from it immediately. He nodded to me with a notion that suggested he was ready to begin. I stepped forward, and swung my blade.

Time flies when you're having fun, but even more when you're constantly traveling and learning. It had been four years, which had gone by so fast, since I was reasigned to be trained by Master Dooku of Serenno. So different than my former Master, Dooku was a cosmopolitan icon of good taste in the Jedi Order. He was also one of the foremost best swordsman ever seen by any Jedi other than Mace Windu and Yoda, as well as an intellectual who could converse with the best of them and still maintain a sense of pride and integrity, which even though were not considered good traits of a Jedi exactly, were over overlooked in the case of Master Dooku. No one could argue, Master Dooku was one of the best in the Order. Period.

The green jet of light emitting from my lightsaber clashed loudly with that of Dooku's and for a second both of us stared at each other, saber's locked, but then Dooku swung his away and swiped it in a half circular motion that, had it been meant to hit me, would've sliced me in half. I flung myself backwards to avoid the blade in any case and parried a few more strokes with my Master. He blocked every single one of them. It was now his turn.

The lightsaber duel style Dooku used was called Makashi. It was an eleagant form of fighting that was not so much of raw power as it was of wit, grace, flexiblility, and strategic strength. Makashi was not meant for extreme head-to-head dueling, but was strong enough with its fluid motions that it could easily take on large amounts of foes at a time. It was also a very detailed style, that required serious detication, as well as much time to learn and master it. But once you did, it was a very aesthetic and strong style to use at anytime. I could not imagine how long it had taken Dooku to master it, but mastered it, he had.

"You're dodging is getting better every day, Qui-Gon," Dooku smiled curtiously as we I blocked and backed away from his assault. I felt a bump as my back hit the wall of the room. "But what happens when you are cornered, Padawan?" I saw that he was smiling at me with a triumphant look. He positioned the blade to point at my chest. I pressed the button, and my green blade disapppeared. I sighed as I shook my head and gazed back to my Master with a guilty look of failure.

"I'm sorry, Master, I wasn't thinking." I croaked out. My voice has been changing as of late, and it is often embarrassing to talk in front of others. But not Dooku. Master Dooku takes it all in a wink and makes no impressions to make be seem embarrassed.

"You are learning, Padawan," Dooku says with a gentle smile, turning from me and walking away. "That is important. But you will have to start using your head more often if you want to learn to duel properly." His voice hinted no scold, only advice. He was already out of the dueling area when I caught up with him.

I walked from the white walls of the dueling area, and into the magestic study room next

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.