main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Journeys, New Beginnings - Part 2 (Sequel to

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Feb 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Well folks, here it is! The final installment in the "Second Chance" series. It certainly has been fun, and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

*Break for commercial* If you're looking for romance, drama, angst, Obi-torture, Qui-torture, humor, et al. then look no further. Check out the continuing saga of "A World Away." Segments posted daily.

*Now back to your regularly scheduled reading*

?Old Journeys, New Beginnings - Part II?
    BY: p_stotts
    See ?Journey Into Darkness? for setting, category, rating, yada, yada, yada.
    SUMMARY: Changes are on the horizon, and things will never be quite the same.

The Council was every bit as concerned as Qui-Gon about the discovery of a cloning facility on Dantooine. A team of five Jedi had been immediately dispatched to Dantooine, even before Obi-Wan had been released by the healers.

What they found was predictable. The facility had been abandoned, with not so much as a drop of chemicals left behind. The Jedi went over the empty building with a fine-tooth comb, but no clues were detected as to who was behind it, or where they might have gone.

Since nothing more could be done on Dantooine, the Jedi came back to Coruscant to continue their investigation from the Temple. Once back, the team started pouring over any kind of computer and communication records they could find involving Dantooine and the abandoned facility.

Qui-Gon awoke to the sound of his doorbell ringing. Rolling over to look at the bedside chrono, he was amazed to see how late it was. He quickly grabbed a robe and went to answer the door, finding a worried-looking Endria on the other side. He was supposed to meet her for breakfast, but had slept through it.

?Qui darling,? she smiled as she took in his disheveled appearance, ?did I wake you??

?I?m afraid you caught me,? said Qui-Gon as he stepped back from the door so she could enter. ?Obi-Wan and I were up late last night pouring over records. We?ve been trying to find out who was behind the cloning facility on Dantooine.?

?Any luck?? asked Endria as she made her way to the kitchen to make tea for the two of them.

?No,? stated Qui-Gon flatly. ?All we found was a big paper-trail circle. One company, owned by another company, owned by another company, owned by another company, which turned out to be owned by the first company.?

Handing him his tea, Endria stood on tiptoes to give him a kiss. ?Patience, dear. You?ll find what you?re looking for eventually. No one is as tenacious as you once you?ve made up your mind about something.?

?Speaking of which,? he began as they sat down across from one another at the dining table, ?have you given any more thought to moving in here with me before the baby?s born??

Endria cast her eyes downward demurely and studied her tea. ?Yes, Qui,? she answered softly, ?I have.?

?And?? asked Qui-Gon, his eyebrows raised in a question.

?You know that I love you with all my heart,? she began.

?Yes, love,? he interrupted, ?as I do you.?

Endria smiled. ?I?ve done a great deal of thinking these past few months, and I?ve come to a decision.?

If they weren?t discussing such a serious subject, Qui-Gon would have sworn she was deliberately drawing the conversation out to keep him on edge. Even if that wasn?t her intention, Endria was doing a good job of it.

?I will move in with you on one condition,? she said as she brought her eyes up to look directly at him. In that moment, Qui-Gon realized with a start that she wasn?t teasing. She was dead serious about whatever she was about to say.

?I want to be your wife,? she said, and then closed her eyes as she mentally kicked herself. ?Well that came out quite smoothly, didn?t it??

Qui-Gon smiled lovingly at her, and reached across the table to take her hand. ?It came out just fine,? he reassured her, ?and, yes.?

Endria blinked in surprise, as if she didn?t quite understand his answer.

?Endria? I said yes. I?d love for you to be my wife,? he elaborated.

Endria opened her mouth to say somet

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful p_stotts!

Beautiful ending!!!! Now I just have to go back and finish reading the begining!

3. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    woohoo!

such a wonderful post, although I am sorry to see the series end!

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Up, Up, Up I say!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I know it's already been said but that was beautiful!

The end where Qui-Gon is rocking little Ken-Obin just brought tears to my eyes.

Peggy, this has been such a delight I can't even tell you!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.