main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (JA): *New post by HaiGan*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Feb 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    The Lion Sleeps Tonight is not the much vaunted sequel to ANTAR but more of a sequel to Lions, Tigers and Padawans, Oh My! This is primarily due to the fact that it takes place half a year after LT&P, and after the series of Snapshots called 'Family Matters', which have a certain amount of relevance to some of the background to TLST. It's the story of how a simple padawan/master trip to the planet Tildas turns into something much more sinister and complicated?

I want to thank everyone who will be contributing in some shape or form over the coming weeks, months etc:

Calamity Jinn
    HaiGan
    Healer Leona
    Imzadi
    Jane Jinn
    Jedi Gryph Grin
    Jedi Kylenn
    Jemmiah
    Kit
    Lilith Demodae
    Marnie
    Mouse
    Wampasmak

Please strap yourself in for the jump to light speed!

UPDATE: 5 days before departure

"Urgh! This place is just FULL of bugs!"

Toms Yarall wrinkled up his nose as something hovered round his head, circling with malicious intent as he tried to beat the yellow and black striped creature away with franticly flapping hands.

"We're in a garden." Came back Olrin's muffled reply, "What do you expect?"

The Corellian boy kicked his feet about, trying desperately for his friend's sake not to look as bored as he felt. He couldn't help it. Plants and shrubs just didn't have the mesmerising hold on him they seemed to have on his companion. Insects and creepy crawly things weren't much better.

Not unless they were put in Isadora Lucey's bed.

"But why," he continued in his complaint, "do there have to be so many?"
    "They help pollinate the plants." Rin answered, digging another weed out of the ground and placing it almost reverently on the grass. He hated killing things, even weeds.
    "I bet there are more bugs in this place than there are plants." Toms swatted a Grakka Fly as it tried to land on his arm. "Gotcha!"
    "You'll come back as an insect in your next life." Rin mumbled. "Then someone will squish you."
    "If I'm coming back as an insect I hope Isadora comes back as a Nerf." Toms scuffed his feet off the green turf.

Rin straightened up, confused.

"Why?"
    "So I can give her a nip on the butt she'll never forget!" An evil grin began to form on the Corellian's impudent face. "What I want to know is how you never get bitten? This place is swarming with gnats and they only go for me!"
    "Because I don't try to stamp on them." Rin said sagely with all the wisdom his extra four-year advantage gave him. "And will you quit ruffling up my lawn?!? I'm trying to get it all nice for when my master gets out the infirmary and you are wrecking everything!"

Toms shrugged and tried to tap into place the bits of grass he'd removed with his toes.

"I can't help it!" he smirked. "I never thought I'd be picked to go on this trip! I'm so excited I could just burst!"
    "NOT on my lawn." Rin frowned.
    "But don't you see? If Master Sidatu hadn't picked me then I wouldn't have been a padawan and I wouldn't be going on this trip! It's meant to be, don't you think? Just think, Isadora will be so green with envy that you could give her a stick and call her Yoda!"
    "You only got your name put forward because padawan Kenobi's girlfriend managed to persuade your master it would do you good to get away from the temple." Rin rejoined.

Toms nodded silently, thinking. He knew he owed the fact he had a master at all to Jemmiah.

"I just wish everyone could be happy." He sighed, before his eyes took on their familiar sparkle. "Nevermind, if they can't be happy then I'll have to be happy for everyone! Hooraaaayyyyy!" Toms started to walk about the lawn on his hands. "I'm going on vacation! Ha-de-ha-de-ha-de-ha!"
    "Hey, you're leaving big prints in the grass." Rin chuckled. "If my master was here you'd get skelped for certain!"
    "But he's not!" Tom's grinned, the blood rushing to his head and swelling it like a red balloon with a smiley face painted on it.

Olrin watched the excitable Corellian boy's antics and thought wistfully of his master.

"No," he said sadly, "he's not."

Tom's allow

2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Yes!!!!!! The first post!

And a great post to start with sis. I loved how Mace thought Toms is a miniature Dex.

And Junine. I?m REALLY glad she doesn?t get to go!

I?m sooooooo looking forward to this story!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    YIPPIEE!!!

That's made the past few hours worth it!!

I almost wish that Junine and Sybelle were going just so something bad would happen to them!

4. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Ha! At last I get in on one of the famous Jemmy and Co. stories BEFORE it's forty pages long!!! Great first post. Hope to see more of Sexy Dexy! <grins>

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Yipeee!! Now I just have to wait a little bit for my opening . . .

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    What a couple of catty witches! I can understand feeling it's not fair but to be so cruel as to talk that way just to hurt someone...and their conversation with Obi-Wan was just as bad!

Maybe Sybelle and Junine will find a vacant seat and can be our Star Trek extras...you know the ones that always got killed???

Wow. You started with a bang Jemmy!

And for all those who are about to contribute...

Post often, post soon!

7. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Yes! Frosty, another Sexy Dexy fan! Tee-hee! If you'll forgive me I'm quite fond of him myself!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    "IT'S WORKING!!! IT'S WORKING!!" *grin*

An excellent beginning Jemmiah, this has been a long time coming (at least it seems that way).

**//Great// Mace thought to himself. //I'm getting harassed by the grown-up version now!//** hehehe, I think Mace may as well get used to it.

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    You know, I was studying duitifully for that math exam I'm going to fail tomorrow, and I looked up at the clock and realized this thread was probably finally up, so I came to look and it is!

Great opening post Jem! Though I hope those two girls do go and something really, really, horrible happens to them.

10. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

Now, I haven't read all of Lions and Tigers, and I haven't read all of the Snapshots, so I've got a few questions.

Is Jemmy pregnant? And if so, I take it something happened to make her not pregnant in STWOM? ::confused:: All I ask is a quick catch up, and I'll be happy. ;D

11. mara03

mara03 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2000
    hoooray! It's started!

Love,
    Jen (another Sexy Dexy fan. :=P~:)

12. Morpheus mercenary

Morpheus mercenary Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    grooooooooooooovy! finally, being at the beginning of one of Jemmiahs fine storys

13. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Quick answer:

Jemmiah was pregnant in LT&P but lost the child in 'Family Matters'. STWOM took place about two years prior to TPM, where Obi and Jemmy were commemorating their daughter's 2nd anniversary (As it might have been).

14. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

How sad. Poor Jemmy and Obi.

15. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Yay! The horse is out of the gate! I have to wait a bit on my first post as well (although I'm considering a sneaker-post in the meantime...)

:)

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Now might be a good time to ask people who are/will be posting soon to discuss the posting order on The Hells Chance Cantina Planning Thread, just incase anyone's worried about posting out of order. That's probably the best way...infact if there are ANY queries or things that need resolved it might be a good place to talk about them. Is that OK, fellow posters? Or is that a bad idea? :)

17. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    It's started!!!

Excellent start Jemmiah!!! I can definitely see why Mace thinks Toms is a miniture Dex! And Jemmy asked for her name to be taken off the list??

I look forward to more! (Much, much more!)

18. PadawanElf

PadawanElf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2000
    It's HERE!

It's here it's here it's here it's here it's here!

And it's GREAT!!! Yahoo!

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ok, I'm a bit nervous after all the replies and fear it's not up to par but here it goes.

UPDATE: 5 days before departure

Palming the door to the apartment, Obi-Wan was a blur as he raced for his bedroom, anxious to shower and change. He?d spent the afternoon at the gym using his lightsaber as a means of releasing his frustrations after being stood up by Jemmy once again.

Of course his Master would have suggested meditation as a more productive means to release his emotions but after trying, unsuccessfully to locate Jemmiah, he felt ready to burst.

What was with her anyhow, he wondered. Ever since..., he pushed the thought aside with a frown. He knew well what was wrong with her. Only thing was she wasn?t letting anyone get through her emotional barricade, not even him. She stubbornly refused to talk about it as if not thinking about the child they lost made it any less real, any less painful.

?Master, have you heard from Jemmiah?? he called out as he walked to the kitchen where he felt the large Jedi?s presence.

?Shhh..? Qui-Gon commanded, ?I?ve got a torte baking and loud noises could cause it to fall.?

Upon entering the kitchen area Obi-Wan was silent at the sight of his Master, long hair pulled back, an apron tied around his waist.

He was squatting in front of the open heating unit, an expression of intent concentration on his face as he peered into its contents.

?So what?s for dinner?? Obi-Wan asked, the aroma in the kitchen already hazing over his earlier depression. Now this was the way to drown his sorrows.

?Braised nerf ribs, escalloped tubers, and fresh Korassi, sweet radishes.? Qui-Gon proudly proclaimed. ?And for desert an Alderaanian cherry torte.?

?When do we eat?? blurted out, unable to contain his excitement at such a menu.

?Leona and I will eat when she arrives.? His eyes narrowed pointedly. ?You, on the other hand, will eat whenever you scrounge something from the refrigeration unit.?

?But Master!? the young man?s face registered shock, ?You made dinner!?

?I made dinner for Leona? he explained, ?with the extra shifts she?s been working and the little time we?ve had to spend together I thought it?d be nice to have her over for a quiet meal.?

The Jedi Master crossed his arms over his large chest, ?And I thought you told me you?d be spending the evening with Jemmiah. I would think the very fact I that I don?t find something to occupy your spare time would be enough to elicit a small degree of cooperation.?

Obi-Wan?s face darkened at the girl?s spoken name. ?She was suppose to meet me in the
    refectory this afternoon, only she took off before I got there.?

?Then I suggest you check at Master Sovalla's....?

?I?ve already done that and she?s not there. I might as well just hang out here in case she calls.? Obi-Wan sulked, making his way to his bedroom.

On the way he noticed the small table set against the wall off of the common area. It was elegantly laid with white tablecloth, place setting for two and a pair of candles.

*Looks like someone?s got big plans for tonight.* Obi-Wan smirked to himself, pulling his sweat-soaked tunic off and throwing it in the general area of his wash basket.

His master could of at least offered him sympathy for his plight, if not a meal.

Dejected at the man?s apparent indifference, Obi-Wan stripped and headed to the fresher.

Three quarters hour later, Obi-Wan emerged from his room, a sour glance cast to the table where Qui-Gon was placing the meal he was being deprived of.

?She?s running late.? Qui-Gon mumbled to himself after glancing at the wall chrono. Heading back to the kitchen he stopped and turned toward his apprentice. ?Light the candles for me??

Nodding reluctantly, Obi-Wan made his way to the table, gazing longingly at the food laid out. *It isn?t fair. There?s more than enough.*

Without thought he reached for his lightsaber, carefully holding it over the candles to ignite them.

?The matches are right on the table.? Qui-Gon stood in the

20. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    When in doubt, Obi eats!

Poor Qui and Leona! Here's to hoping they get time together!

Now Leona, You better smite that Darth Self-Doubt right now! That was wonderful and I can't wait until you post again!

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    That's great! I am soo glad that it has started!

Kithera

p.s: I get my new computer tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

22. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    No need to worry Leona! That was an excellent post! I really liked how you portrayed their emotions, that was really good. I agree with Mouse, I hope they get to spend some more time together, especially considering they both seem to be having the same insecurities!

I can't wait to see what happens next!

23. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    yippie they started!

24. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    yea it started

25. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Whoo-hoo!! Leona, you captured the relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan wonderfully!!

Hey Kit', glad to hear you'll be getting a new machine soon!! It'll be nice to have you back full time! *grin*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.