main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sometimes You Learn the Hard Way (completed JA fanfic by Cassia)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Apr 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    THIS IS A SHORT HUMOUR STORY BY CASSIA(NEED I SAY MORE?)
    FEEDBACK AND REPLY WOULD BE APPRECIATED

"Sometimes You Learn the Hard Way..."

Single Part Story

TITLE: Sometimes You Learn the Hard Way...
    AUTHOR: Cassia
    SUMMARY: A short little vignette with no apparent plot whatsoever. Basically just a good excuse to have fun with my two favorite characters.
    TIME PERIOD: 10 years before TMP when Obi-Wan is 15.
    Rated: G
    DISCLAIMER: George owns all, and get's all monies, we just play.

Obi-Wan winced and grimaced; pulling away involuntarily as Qui-Gon cleaned and applied synth-flesh to his raw back, arms and chest.

"Hold still," Qui-Gon remonstrated, pulling him back and reaching for another strip of synth-flesh.

"Easy for you to say," Obi-Wan couldn?t help thinking. "Ow!" he squirmed away again as the burning cleanser set another one of his already painful lacerations on fire.

Qui-Gon?s firm hand once more pulled him back in his seat. "For the last time, are you going to sit still, or do I have to tie you down?" Qui-Gon?s words were exasperated, but his voice was amused.

Obi-Wan eyed his Master with a scowl. "You are enjoying this Qui-Gon Jinn, and don?t you try to convince me that you aren?t!"

Qui-Gon smiled slightly when his Padawan was not looking. The boy could be so stubborn sometimes. This really did serve him right.

"Ow!" Obi-Wan gasped again, unable to help himself. He squirmed, but settled down quickly when Qui-Gon sent him a mental picture of being tied to the chair.

He was trying to use the Force to dull his pain, really he was, but every time Qui-Gon touched him the pain flared up again, red hot and excruciating and he lost his concentration.

"Well," Qui-Gon said cheerfully. "Maybe next time you?ll listen to me when I tell you not to tangle with a Scorpiolissian." The Master applied a healthy dose of antiseptic to another of the boy?s many upraised, bloody, poison-infected welts.

Obi-Wan shuddered and squirmed under his hands.

"I hope you?ve learned something from this," the Master added. He slapped the synth-flesh on.

"Yes," Obi-Wan ground out through his teeth. He jerked slightly and gasped again as Qui-Gon continued to treat his injuries. "I?ve learned never to let you be my doctor."

Qui-Gon actually laughed. "There you see?"

Obi-Wan bit his lip as his Master slathered more cleanser on the infected injuries.

"You?ve learned one important lesson already." Swish, clean, slap!

"Ow!" Obi-Wan was getting tired of saying that, but he just couldn?t stop himself. "You think this is funny, don?t you?" he said dryly, gripping the edges of the chair tightly.

"No," Qui-Gon shook his head, moving over to a particularly nasty welt on his apprentice?s arm. "Watching you get chewed up and spit out by that tentacled terror, that was funny." Qui-Gon was being particularly unsympathetic today. Of course, he hadn?t really thought it was funny. Well... maybe just a little bit, but only after he knew Obi-Wan was going to be all right.

Obi-Wan grimaced. "You could have helped me."

"I did help you. I note that you are still alive," Qui-Gon pointed out. "Besides, he didn?t really want to kill you."

"No," Obi-Wan?s knuckles turned white from his grip on the chair. "Just maim me a little."

"I think he thought you needed a lesson." Qui-Gon moved to his other arm.

"And you agreed." Obi-Wan was not really angry with his Master. He knew what had happened to him had been entirely his own fault, but he was still irritated, and hurting.

"You asked for this Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon pointed out calmly. "You cannot say I did not warn you."

Obi-Wan?s scowl deepened. He had been waiting for that. He knew his Master was right. He should have listened to him in the first place. But did he have to rub it in?

"Ow!" Obi-Wan jerked as a white-hot razor of pain shot up his arm. The sudden intensity of it actually brought tears to his eyes.

Qui-Gon?s face turned serious as he paused to examine this wound. Swollen red welts traced around the apprentice?s arm, twisting their way up from his wrist to his shoulder like a tan

2. JSkywalker

JSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    Cute Story! I liked it alot, just like your other stories. Keep up the fantastic work!

Jess

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I've read this one elsewhere, but it was a joy to revisit.Come on, Kim kenobi, more Cassia

4. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    I cant pull stories out of a hat especially when it is not me writing it. LOL Besides I don't think you would be seeing any of her stories(except those Trika is updating right now) for atleast a three weeks. She is going to be unable to write any stories during that time period.

Kim B

5. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    I'm looking for a particlualr piece of Music from ROTJ. The music that is played when the Emperor is attacking Luke. Doesn anyone know which track on the ROTJ soundtrack it is?

6. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I don't know, but that's a very cool song. It might be the Emperor's theme, in fact.

7. Jaycen_Kayde

May 14, 2000
    No, checked that one, it's a goodie too! Oh well, I can always sample it from somehwere else

8. Jaycen_Kayde

May 14, 2000
    DOH! There it was, right in front of me. FINAL DUEL

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That track, on the SE soundtrack should be "The Emperor's Death" from, I believe, the battle of endor part 3 track

Quest

10. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Does anyone know where to find the music being played on Jaba's Sail Barge in ROTJ?

Thanks,
    --
    Mike Handy
    mike@tombofthejedi.com

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    if you refer to the Max Rebo music, that was lost when tyhe master tape was lent to CBS for the From Star Wars to jedi" documentary. It's not available anywhere.

Quest

12. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Yes, it was, but there is an almost identical version of it on disc 4 of the Original Soundtrack anthology.
    -Lokmer

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'll tell where to get some good music. Have a listen to the "Shadows of the Empire" soundtrack. It's not done by John Williams (Joel McNeely), but it does have some very fine pieces of music on it.

cool.gif

14. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Where has this terrific story been hidden???? I just found it. UP!!!!

15. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I read this story some time ago, I believe on the Early Years site. It is one of my favorite Cassia shorts.

16. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.