main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread - Note on first post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinn is MINE, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinn is MINE

Jinn is MINE Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/dianethx/quidone2.jpg]
    Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Knight [face_love]

Important Note: The Qui-Gon discussion/challenges in Fan Fiction Resources has been moved to From Before to Beyond: The Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Discussion Thread.

A Qui-Gon Jinn Story Index has been started in Fan Fiction Resources -- Aug 2006. The many, many, many Qui-Gon stories will slowly be added to that index.

The Maverick of the Living Force: Qui-Gon Jinn Discussion Thread on the Fan Fiction Resource board has been locked.

This challenge thread will be left open for any challenges that anyone wishes to post here, though they will not be aggressively pursued....for this thread. Qui-Gon lovers are encouraged to post stories as separate threads; post early, post often! :D

I just want to thank all the participants over the past 2 years that have made this thread so alive and wonderful. [face_love]

Welcome to the new Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread. The old challenge thread can be found here [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/16981717] Qui-Gon Jinn[/link]

For those of us who have always been fascinated by the tall and compelling Master Jinn or for those who just wish to read tales of daring and intrigue and silliness, this is the place for you.

The original challenges had come from the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/13076745/?513] Letting Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons [/link] but now the challenges are issued in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18538128/?37] Maverick of the Living Force: Qui-Gon Jinn Discussion[/link]Thread on the Fan Fiction Resource board. We welcome any ideas for challenges involving Qui-Gon in any time period (even AUs from the Saga or even Beyond the Saga).
    Please note that the challenges are open-ended so that there is no time limit to any of them.
    So let your imagination go wild?

[color=blue][b]First Challenge - Quiku[/b] [/color]
    Write a haiku about Qui-Gon (Quiku). Young, old, by himself or with anyone else you chose. Silly, serious and anything in-between. Haikus are 17 syllable poems (usually three lines of 5, 7, 5 syllables but they don't have to be).

[color=red][b]Second Challenge - First Kill[/b] [/color]
    Write about Qui-Gon reacting to the first time he witnesses someone killing another. The killer can be a) Dooku, b)Qui-Gon himself, c) one of his padawans, d) one of the Jedi or e) one of his friends (whoever that might be).
    It does not have to be from Qui-Gon's point of view!

[b][color=green] Third Challenge - Action Qui-Gon [/color][/b]
    Action, adventure, A Jedi craves not these things but they usually get them anyway. Write about Qui-Gon in action - any time period, any situation, AU, EU, JA, pre-JA.... well, you get the idea.

[b] [color=darkred] Fourth Challenge - Flash Fiction [/color] [/b]
    Write a flash fiction story (must be between 101 and 499 words) - any era, canon or AU, any POV, any subject - just include Qui-Gon [face_love] somewhere in the story.

[b][color=purple] Fifth Challenge - Broken Nose[/color] [/b] Write about how Qui-Gon got his broken nose. It can be any era, canon or AU.

[b][color=crimson] Sixth Challenge - Romance [face_rose][/color] [/b]
    Write a romance story with Qui-Gon as a participant or guiding another along in figuring out just what love is all about. Any era, canon or AU.

[b][color=orange] Seventh Challenge - Qui-Gon Answers [/color] [/b]
    Qui-Gon Jinn has a lot of explaining to do. The Jedi Council has sent out a Temple-wide survey and every Jedi must answer... even our favorite Jedi Master. Questions and answers are to be posted on the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18538128/?37] Maverick of the Living Force: Q

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Just so you aren't worried, I will be keeping up the listings of the challenge responses in the old thread but I'm going to lock it so that people come to this thread instead.

I did this because I really am having a rough time with RL and you all shouldn't have to suffer for it. Layren and I will be continuing to issue challenges and enjoying the results... :D

3. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm so far behind!

A blanket Awwwww! for all the baby Qui stories. They were all very cute.

=D= for you all.

KD

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've still got a couple stories to read, but I wanted to say how you nearly gave me a heart attack Diane.

The Before board is my homepage and when I got online yesterday morning at the very bottom I saw the old thread locked and unfortunately, because of all that's transpired as of late, I thought... well wasn't sure what I thought, but was very relieved to see the new thread. Phew!! :D :D

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry, Leona. Didn't mean to do that. I had been thinking about it for a while. Especially with the summer and vacations coming up and my RL hasn't gotten much better... So I thought that two hosts would be better than one in this case...

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Don't feel too bad Leona! I was somewhat taken back too! [face_worried] Glad to see that it isn't gone :D

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm with Leona! I thought I'd have to boycott or something. Not that anyone would notice or anything, but still...

:D

8. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    And so the lesson is, always change the tread title to add a "Don't Panic" before locking the thread. ;)

Luckily for my heart, I had seen Diane mention the idea somewhere. But I remember how it felt when the discussion thread changed.

I'm still contemplating whether I can write a cute kid story involving anyone let alone Qui-Gon.

KD

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    It's Hugs a Lurker Sunday. Welcome all those who have been lurking here. [:D]

Rhonderoo made a great button just to let everyone know that even lurkers need a hug once in a while.

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/quiobi.jpg]
    And what better man to hug a lurker than Qui-Gon Jinn? [face_love]

So please join us. We would love to have you come out and play. :D [:D]

10. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    ohhh definitely delurking for a hug from Qui-Gon... [face_blush] [face_love]

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd lurk just to get a hug from him. LOL

Welcome all lurkers and remember there's more than enough hugs to go around form the big guy as well as all the rest of us. :D :D

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Hi katiedidnt, glad you could delurk just for a Qui-Gon hug. [:D] Heck, if I could get the big guy to hug me, I'd lurk just so I could delurk... :D

13. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    ohhh definitely delurking for a hug from Qui-Gon...
    Me too! Me too!

14. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Big hugs for everyone including Big Qui-Gon from LilQui-Gon. [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks for delurking Qui-Gina-Jinn :D :D

Hugs from the big guy and all the rest of us. [:D] [:D]

After some discussion on the Qui-Gon thread on Resource I was bitten by a drabble bunny, must be a gift for those who delurk. :D :D

Today's Lesson

?So now you finally admit you could have had it wrong all those millennia?? Spectral Qui-Gon Jinn floated a meter above the wet Dagobah swamp.

?Admit it, I must,? Yoda?s ears slumped in defeat, ?regret this I do. To many there have been hurt by my narrow vision.?

?And what is the only thing that can help you now?? Qui-Gon asked with a twinkling of eye.

?Lefff,? the aged Jedi Master mumbled unintelligibly.

?Come now my Master, speak up. This is today?s lesson. Do you want immortality or not??

?Love,? Yoda reluctantly answered, ?the answer to the darkness is love.?

16. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Yoda, so reluctant to give in and just admit he was wrong. LOL.

Good job Leona.

Drabbles it is.

Okay, the next challenge is to write drabbles - drabbles are 100 word stories - no more, no less. Hyphenated words count as one word! So She-who-must-not-be-named is actually one word... LOL. Go for it.

17. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Oh, great drabble Leona! :D I can just see Qui-Gon enjoying that moment soooo much. Hmmm, a drabble...I'll have to think and then write...

18. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, that drabble struck me quickly...

Becoming one with the Force (a.k.a. Qui-Gon's final act of defiance.)

He felt it beckon him to come. To be enveloped?to be forever held, comforted, at peace. It was trying to tempt him?
    To become one with the Force?.
    To leave all the pain behind?
    To leave Obi-Wan?
    Leave Anakin?
    Never discover something new?
    Or see a sunrise again?
    He knew that was what waited, an eternity of rest.

How boring, he thought.

Is this all it comes to? Nothing?
    He almost felt disappointed. Well, I?ll just have to change that.
    Squaring his shoulders and facing the beckoning light, he made a decision.

?I will be One in the Force.?

19. M-vampier

M-vampier Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2004
    Healer Leona: I love your story, Yoda is just so stuborn!

JinnIsMine: Ohh how brilliant, just so Qui-Gon :)

I'm doing my best to delurk, but I'm a bit shy!!

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ohhhh, another delurker. Welcome, M-vampier. Don't be shy. We don't bite. :D Be sure and check out the other Qui-Gon challenge thread listed on the first post of this thread. There are lots of stories over there as well. And if you would like to reply to any of them, you can post the reply here.

katiedidnt LOL. How boring...LOL Qui-Gon was never one to shrink back from a challenge. Good job.

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    kateydidnt, that was perfect. I could see him thinking it was broing and determining to change things up a bit.

M-vampier... welcome and don't be shy. [:D] [:D] We're quite the friendly group here... taking after Qui-Gon knack for compasssion and all. :D :D

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hi, everybody. In honour of Lurker Appreciation Week, I am de-lurking with a story written in less than one hour off the top of my head. I don't know if it fulfills any of the challenge requirements. Let's just call it a flash fiction, and if it has too many words, it's a flash and a half. :)

Edit: Thought of a title. It's called The Right Hug.

I hit the floor with a whump, then sat up slowly and looked around. As soon as I?d started to fall, I thought I?d fallen asleep and had slipped out of my chair ? but this wasn?t my office. There was no desk. There were no papers, no books, and worst of all, no chocolate. I glanced around. I seemed to be in a smooth metal corridor, as though on a space ship. There were lights in the ceiling, sliding doors at intervals, and a bend up ahead. Behind me, the same. I turned back to my original position and got to my feet. Slowly, nervously, I walked forward to that bend and peered cautiously around the corner.

There were two beings coming towards me, and I ducked away again, my heart suddenly pounding in my chest. I?d only gotten a glimpse, but the last time I?d noticed, humans didn?t usually have faces that looked like something from the Star Wars Cantina.

So, Jane, you?re dreaming of aliens, I said to myself. No doubt this has some deep psychological meaning here.

But if it did, I couldn?t figure it out in the little time that passed between my thought and motion from the other side of the corner. Part of a furry head appeared just above mine, then disappeared again, and I heard a loud whisper. "Lurker! Just around the corner! We?ll count to three and then we?ll get her!"

Rumbled! I turned and began to race in the opposite direction.

When I was a kid, I used to dream about being kidnapped by aliens. I thought that anything had to be better than being teased by my entire fifth grade class. Now that I was older, however, I found quite suddenly that I did not really want be grabbed by some alien I didn?t know -- or even recognize. If I was going to fall into a different universe, I wanted to meet up with some good-looking male human. Just as I was rounding the corner, however, something slammed into me from behind, and I went down hard, all the air knocked out of me.

I fought to get up, but the alien was sitting on me and gripping my wrists. I tried to pull one arm free, but the alien twisted it so that it went halfway up my back instead.

"Stop that," the alien said.

"Get the sam hill off me," I screeched. I had wanted to say "smeg," but panic sent my vocabulary back to the days of M*A*S*H with Colonel Potter.

"Calm down!" the alien stated firmly. He had a nice accent, more English than alien, and I involuntarily stopped to listen, hoping that he?d say more. To my delight, he did.

"En?T?Kar, tell the humans that we have a lurker."

"My feet are already flying," said another alien. He ran by, but his boots still touched the floor. I was faintly disappointed.

"I?m going to let go of you now," the first alien said, addressing me. "I want you to roll over onto your back. Don?t try to get up. Don?t try to get away. All right?"

"Wh-wh-wh-" I managed. My brain was rushing through various sentences and couldn?t decide which one to say.

"Do you understand Basic?" the alien asked. "Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes," I managed to squeak. I coughed once and added, "I understand."

"Good. I?m going to let go of you now. Just turn over onto your back. Don?t try to get up or get away, all right?"

"All right."

He let go and stood up. I lowered my arm to my side, then started to turn over, but ran into his leg halfway around. Glancing up, I saw that he was standing directly over me, one leg on either side of my hips, looking for all the world like a galactic version of Puss in Boots. Chagrined, I looked away, and scooted around until I was on my back. I didn?t know what to do with my hands, if I should put them above my head or not, and finally just held them at shou

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Envy

The nose.

Well the nose is what it is.

No more, no less. Just big.

It is mine, the only one I have.

Do not disparage it, for yours is just pathetic.

I prefer noble to beak like.

I prefer large to huge.

My nose is much like me I fear.

It is somewhat too large for comfort in a galaxy seemingly proportioned for the smaller of heart and nose, not to mention feet.

So my big nose and boots will make our way through the obstacles placed in our way by the less well endowed.

Are you not jealous?

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    OMG!!! JaneJinn!!! I have got to leave a quick hug for you!!! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

I'll be back to read more later and reply but just seeing you brought tears!!

25. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Good God...Quigs and hugs. (Gerroff, Jinn Is Mine..! :p)

And a Return of the Legend - Jane Jinn, welcome back!!! [:D] . That was great flash fiction. With all the right...hugs. Zap was cool :D . <Must now go off for n'th reading of 'Jedi Go Home'...>

HL, dear healer, that drabble was great. [:D]Qui's being demanding, when he teaches the secrets of immortality. :)

kateydidnt ... hee. Talk about obstinacy. He's the limit. Nice work. :) [And welcome to the Qui-thread!] [:D]

M-vampier...welcome, dear de-lurker [:D]. Diane's right, we don't bite (and did that rhyme??). We're only slightly insane around here... :D - about a certain tall, long-haired Jedi Master... [face_love]. Join the madness!

VaderLVR64...ah, the Nose. >>>Do not disparage it, for yours is just pathetic.>>> . <Snort>. Isn't it, though? Yup, I'm jealous. :) . [:D]

Hugged everyone, I have.

Sigh. Plot-bunnies, plot-bunnies, where art thou??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.