main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 6th bodyguard (Pre TPM, TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Apr 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    hi everyone. You may know me from "A Jedi Christmas Carol" and my other new one "Mimicking a Princess."

I just had a great idea for a Fan fic, so here it is. Now all I have to do is finish my other two...

Ellia Monas wacthed as the tall building of Coruscant went by in a blur. The air taxi was fast, but not fast enough. 'Great,' Ellia thought. 'Not only will the Council yell at me for being late, they still have something to tell me! That's not a good combination.'

Ellia took a deep breath to calm herself down. 'Gotta stay calm, gotta stay calm,' she thought.

Ellia remained patient the rest of the trip, though she was ready to burst at any moment. 'You're a jedi,' she told herself. 'Keep calm. You've spoken to the Council before.'

Yet she was never this nervous. She felt something was wrong, yet she could not pin-point it.

The taxi then pulled up to the Jedi Temple. Paying the driver, she hoped out. She watched the taxi leave and let the warm sun beat against he skin. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and started walking towards to Temple.

She was met at the door by a boy. He called himself Nadde and took her up to the Council Chamber. Taking another deep breath, she waited for the door to open. As soon as it did, she walked in slowly, bowing to Master Yoda and the rest of the Council.

"Master Yoda, you called for me?"

"Ellia, coming on short notice we thank you for."

Mace Windu spoke up. "Ellia Monas, have you haerd about what is happening on the small planet of Naboo?"

"No, Master Windu," she said.

He went on. "The trade Federation has just placed a blockade around the planet, disabling anything from going to or coming off the planet."

Ellia's eyes opened wide. 'They want me to stop it?!'

Reading her thoughts, Yoda said," Sent there you will be. Try to stop the Federation, you will not."

"The Federation hasn't made any lethel moves yet, so we can't react to the blockade just yet. It's still legal in the Senate." Mace leaned forward. "Chancellor Valorum has asked tht we send a someone to help her, prepherably a young female jedi Knight. we want you to go and help protect the Queen."

"Strong the young queen is. Able to totally defend herself she is not," Yoda said.

Ki-Adi Mundi jumped in. "You are to go to Naboo and diguise yourself as one of the Queen's handmaidens. Keep your lightsaber with you at all tims and be prepared to take whatever measures neccisary."

Yoda nodded in agreement.

"Master yoda, what is to become of the blockade? What will happen if the blockade gets out of hand?"

"That matter is in the Senate's hands. We can not interfere unless asked to," Yoda replied. "Given a shuttle you will be. Leave as soon as possible you must. May the Force be with you."

Ellia bowed, then began to leave the chamber. Then, that small feelings came back to her. She turned back to the Council.

"More to say do you?" Yoda asked.

"master Yoda, i have been having a feeling that there is something very wrong. It's small, but it's been growing larger. i can not pin point it, and it is worrying me." Ellia looked around the council for help.

Adi Gallia nodded. " I have felt it also, Master Yoda."

Several other council members said likewise.

Yoda closed his eyes and streached out with the Force. "Clouded it is. Much danger, I sence." He opened his eyes. "Wary, be you. watch this we will."

Ellia bowed, then left the chamber.

as soon as she was gone, Yarrell Poof spoke up. "Are you sure this is a good idea, master Yoda? Ellia is only a child, barely 20 years old!."

Yaddle spoke. "Youngest Jedi, she is. Also one of the best."

"She is one of the best because she learned from one of the best," mace said. "Her father was a brave man. He broke the code in training her himself, but he felt it was right."

[This message has been edited by Miana Kenobi (edited 04-07-2000).]

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey--cool! A HM related fanfic! Whose place will she take? And will the other Jedi know of her ruse?
    And....what "é" name will she take?
    Looking forward to this!

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    [b/Miana Kenobi[/b]--I checked out this story and was very pleased to find it.
    My interests tend to stick with basic JA stories but you've made me realize that I'm missing an awful lot.
    This is one i won't be missing though.
    Post soon, post often!

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    An air taxi met Ellia as she exited the Jedi Temple. She hoped in. The driver spoke up. "I've been sent to pick up an Ellia Monas. Are you her?"

"yes,I am," Ellia replied.

The pilot then took off.

"Out of curiosity," Ellia asked," where are you taking me?"

The driver chuckled. "They didn't tell ya?"

Ellia shook her head. "No, I'm afraid not."

"well, I was instructed to take you to Chancellor Valorum at his office."

"Figures," Ellia grumbled.

It didn't take long for them to reach Valorum's office. It was located at the back of the Senate house, so no one could miss it.

The driver parked the taxi and hoped out. he went around the taxi and opened Ellia's door.

"Thank you," she said.

He just shrugged. He lead her through the Senate house ad into Valorum's office. His secretary met them at the door. She was a small petite Bothan, and she gave off a sence of friendliness.

"Ellia Monas, i believe."

Ellia laughed. "Everybody seems to know my name around here."

The Bothan laughed. "Chancellor Valorum will be with you in a moment."

"excellent," Ellia said, trying to get rid of her impatience.

After a minute, a buzzer beeped on the Bothans desk.

"Yes?" she asked.

There was a mumble of words, then the Bothan clicked the comm. off. "Chancellor Valourm will see you know."

Ellia headed towards the door then turned to thank the driver, only to find he was gone. She turned back and headed into the Chancellor's office.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chancellor Valorum was a tall, but strongly built man. He stood up from his desk as Ellia entered.

"Jedi Knight Ellia Monas, I presume?"

Ellia bowed her head. "Yes. What is it you need, Chancellor?"

Valorum walked around his desk. "I would hope that you have been informed of your mission?"

"I believe i have to go to the planet of Naboo and serve as one of the Queen's handmaidens, if I am not mistaken."

Valorum nodded. "That is correct. How do you think it will go?"

Ellia sighed. "To be honest, Chancellor, I find it as a baby sitting job. If you don't mind me saying so."

He smiled. "That is what I thought. But, I have spoken with the Queen, and she is thrilled that you will be coming."

"Well, then, I guess if the Queen is pleased that I am coming, i should not keep her waiting," Eliia said.

"But," Valorum continued. "She asked that we send her a transmission so that she may get to know you a little before you arive on Naboo."

Ellia shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

Valorum got the transmission running, and they stood there waiting for the Queen to reply. It took less then a minute, which showed they were waiting for it.

A young girl dressed in a long, dark blue regal gown came through. Her face was painted white, and she had an elaborate head piece on her head.

'That's gotta hurt,' Ellia thought.

Valorum spoke. "your highness, we have found your new protecter. Her name is Ellia Monas, and she is pleased to accept this task."

The Queens voice came back soft, but stern. "That is wonderful news, Chancellor. Might I meet her before she comes?"

"Yes, your Highness. She is right here."

Valorum stepped away from the holoscreen and pushed Ellia in front of it.

Ellia took a deep breath, then bowed. "hello, your Majesty. I am Ellia Monas. I am overjoyed to be asked to assist you."

"As am I to have you protecting me," came the Queen's dry reply. Ellia could tell the Queen liked this just about as much as she did.

"I am preparing my things, Your Majesty. I should reach Naboo in a few days."

"That is wonderful," came the reply.

Valorum squeezed Ellia arm. "You two have a lot to talk about. I'll leave you two alone." He then left his office.

Ellia sighed. She turned back to the screen. "I am sorry, Your majesty, but I never caught your name," she said guiltily.

"My name is Amidala." The queen's voice softened a little. "How old are you.?"

"I am twenty, Your majesty. well, almost twenty at least. How about you?"

Ellia saw one of Amidala's handmaidens hid a laugh in the background. He features were similar to the Queen's.

The Qu

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Okay, so that wasn't my best post. I'm sorry. I wrote it at 10 O'Clock at night. So, i'll try to make the next one better.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ellia came to the main hanger, carrying her three bags. Valorum was waiting for her.

"Jedi Monas, your shuttle is ready. This," he said, pointing to a small woman," is your pilot. She will take you to Naboo, then will come back to Coruscant. I hope you have a safe journey. We will try to resolve this matter in the Senate."

"Thank you Chancellor," Ellia said. She followed the pilot up the boarding ramp. She was led to her quarters for the time being. She set her bags down and followed the pilot to the cockpit.

"Do you know how to fly?" the woman asked.

Ellia laughed. "I was given a few lessons."

The boadring ramp was closed, and the ship took off.

The trip was mostly silent, except for a few small chats Ellia and the pilot had.

Ellia took that time to get ready. She was given a data card about the Queen's court, and she studied it like mad, having nothing else to do.

The first two days went by slowly, the only fun Ellia had was when the pilot had to go eat and she got to fly the ship, which was still not that fun since they were in hyperspace.

on the third day, they pulled out of hyperspace. There in front of them was a small planet, green covering most of it. But almost like choking it, the Trade Federation ships surrounded the planet.

The pilot cursed under her breath. She looked at Ellia. "All right, how do we get by?"

Ellia gave an evil grin. "Leave the talking to me," she said.

Their viewscreen came on, and an ugly face of a Neimodien came onto the view screen.

"Who are you? You are not authorized to come to the planet!"

Ellia hit the comm. "Excuse me? I'm not able to go to my home planet and see my own sister?! Who made this stuff up?"

The alien looked confused. "Um.. well, the Viceroy did."

"Let me talk to the Viceroy then," Ellia said.

"Um.. i can't do that," the alien stuttered.

"I said, let me talk to the Viceroy!"

"okay." The screen went blank. A minute later, another Neimodian came on. "Yes, what do you want?"

Ellia hit the comm again. "Are you the Viceroy?"

"yes, I am."

"Well tell your people to let me land! My sister's down there waiting for me, and you don't want to keep her waiting, now do you?"

The alien did not look convinced. "Who is your sister?"

"Amidala, queen of the naboo. The name ring a bell?"

"I don't believe you."

"Well then, contact the Queen yourself!"

The Neimodian couldn't stand arguing. "Just let them land."

"You will allow my pilot to leave safely."

"Fine, fine."

Ellia grinned. "Thank you!" She flicked off the comm and the viewscreen.

The pilot was laughing.

"That was fun," Ellia said, as they began their decsent on the planet.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey is anyone even reading this? I need the response!

8. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Yes, I'm here, one of your new fans. I enjoyed Ellia's holvid encounter with Amidala and they way Ellia got around the blockade to land on Naboo.

Keep up the good work.

9. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    A secret 6th handmaiden, eh? Well, it makes the "Anakin can't count" scene make sense.

Keep going!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sabe straightened her robe. she was dressed like Amidala, who was straightening Sabe's hair. "Are you sure we can fool her, Your Highness?"

Amidala laughed. "I'm sure we can't, but I just want to see how long it takes her to figure it out."

"No, Your Highness, that's not what I mean. I mean are you sure you want to tell her about it?"

the real queen laughed. "sabe', you forget she is going to be serving with you and the others. She will find out. Trust me."

Rabe' finished applying Sabe's makeup. "I think what she means, Your Majesty, is that she's not sure it is wise to lie to Jedi Knight Ellia when she arrives. She may think us not trustworthy."

Amidala sighed. "I see your point, Rabe', but Sabe' needs her practice. Plus, a Jedi is one of the hardest people to fool. They can see straight through you."

Eirtae entered the room. "She has arrived, Your Highness."

Amidala nodded. "All right, let's go." she pulled the hood of her handmaiden robe over her head, as did Rabe'. Sabe' stood up and began walking out the door, Amidala, Rabe' and Eirtae' at her heels.

Ellia walked down the boarding ramp, letting the sunlight pour onto her skin. She looked around. A few guards had gathered, but no one else. She took the moment to streach out.

The pilot came down the ramp carrying Ellia's last bag. She set it down. Then, she turned back to the ship. Ellia ran back over to her. "Wait a second," she said.

The pilot looked up at her, her green eyes glittering in the sunlight.

Ellia drew her into a hug. "Thank you," she said.

The pilot smiled as Ellia released her embrace. "I was only doing my job, Jedi Monas." She turned and began walking up the ramp, the few members of the crew following her.

"Contact me if they give you any trouble leaving," Ellia said.

"I will," the pilot called back, a slight bit of laughter in her voice. As soon as she and her crew were aboard, the ramp closed. A few minutes later, the ship took off.

Ellia watched it leave. He gaze was caught by a group of people coming to meet her. Several were guards, and they were lead by a tall, dark skinned guard.

"Jedi Knight Ellia Monas, I am captain Panaka. we are honored to have you here with us."

"As am i to be here, captain," Ellia replied.
    Then, a small woman is elegant robes flanked by five women in matching outfits stepped forward to greet her. 'It's the Queen,' Ellia said to herself.

She bowed. "Your Highness, Ellia Monas at your service."

The queen bowed her head. "Jedi Knight Monas, I am honored to have you here."

'Something's not right,' Ellia thought. She looked at the queen. She didn't feel... right.

Amidala hid a smile behind her hood. 'She knows,' she thought.

Sabe' tryed to play the part well. "Guards," she commanded. "Take her things to her room."

Two of them bowed. "Yes, Your Highness." They picked up Ellia's bags and headed off towards the palace.

"Jedi Monas," the queen went on. "Welcome to Naboo." She led the small party to the palace.

Ellia looked around. 'This is a nice place!' she thought. It was full of living things.

"Amidala" led the party to her throne room. "Captain," she said. "please leave us."

Panaka bowed. "Yes, Your Highness.

Ellia watched him leave. As soon as the doors were closed, Ellia turned back to the Queen, who was sitting in her throne, her handmaidens seated around her in small thrones.

"All right, what's going on?" Ellia asked.

The young queen looked starled. "What is wrong, jedi Ellia?"

Ellia stared at her. Finaly, she figured it out. "You're not the queen, are you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," the queen said, half laughing.

One of the handmaidens stepped forward. "Good try, Sabe'. You played it well." She turned to Ellia, pulling down her hood. "Ellia Monas, i am Queen Amidala."

Ellia nodded. "A decoy. very smart."

Amidala alughed. "You can't be fooled, can you."

"On the contrary, Your majesty, you had me fooled for a minute."

Amidala came and stood next to Ellia. "A minute will not save my life, El

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ellia pulld the hood over her head. The flame colored handmaiden outfit felt light and breezy on her, and she was glad it wasn't scratchy. She rubbered her arm, then couldn't get her hand out of the folds of cloth.

Eirtae' laughed. "That used to happen to me too. Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

Ellia stared at herself in the mirror. "Just curious, if worst comes to worst, will I be able to have my Jedi Tunic on under this and not look conspicuious?"

Eirtae' thought for a moment. "I'm not sure. It could be possible, but you would look a little chubby."

Ellia smiled, then turned to Eirtae'. "All right, teach away. What do I need to know?"

Eirtae' sighed. "well first off, never talk unless you're asked to. You have to walk gracefully, and never run."

"That's easy. The Council always makes you do that."

Eirtae gave her a look.

"Oh, yeah, sorry," Ellia said.

Eirtae' went on. "Also, you can never be in front of Amidala. You are going to be flanking her."

Ellia nodded.

"And last, and most important, never show your face. Have your head lowered when others are around. The hoods help, but you can't take any chances."

Ellia lowered her head. "I'm gonna get a major crick in my neck from this."

Eirtae laughed. "I thought Jedi felt no pain."

"Oh, trust me, we feel it. We can just block most of it."

The door opened and Amidala came in, wearing one of her regal gowns. She was followed closely by Sabe', Rabe', Yane', and Sache'.

Amidala looked Ellia into the face. "Are you ready?"

Ellia nodded.

Amidala gave a slight smile. "Good. We have to go make a public appearence, so do everything Eirtae' and Sabe' say, Elliae'."

Ellia raised her head and gave the queen a quizzical look.

"If your going to be a Naboo guard, you have to have a Naboo name. Elliae' is a well know name, so you should have no problem passing as one of us."

"Your Highness, if I may speak, won't your people notice that you have one too many handmaidens?" Ellia asked.

Amidala shook her head. "No. My people pay no attention to you, which gives you an advantage."

Ellia nodded. "Just asking," she said.

She turned and began walking out of the room, Sabe' and Rabe' on either side of her, Yane' and Sache' following her.

Eirtae' grabbed Ellia's hand. "Come on, Elliae', let's go."

The followed Amidala out and took their position behind her as she waited for Captain Panaka to come and escourt them.

12. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I like this one too, Miana Kenobi. I just figured out that you are the one writing "mimicking a princess "... Pretty sad, considering you say that in your first post!

13. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm really enjoying the way you build your characters and I look forward to more (especially since you post as often as you do, Thanks.)

14. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    boris here:
    Dangumit!
    Yet ANOTHER story that's sucked me in...by the SAME AUTHOR...its just not fair!

oh well, guess I'll just hafta live with it
    <sits in front of computer, waiting for next post...ignoring Natasha's vain attempts to check her e-mail>

-Boris

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Leona, the only reason i post so much is because I'm outta school for two more weeks, and I'm bored stiff!

Roomies, eek.gif !!! Man, does that mean I'm a good author or what? confused.gif

Ellia walked quietly behind Amidala as the bright sun hit her head.

"Keep your head down," Eirtae' whispered softly to her.

Ellia nodded.

The queen reached her stage and stepped up onto it, the six bodyguards following her. They each took a seat in a small chair, three on either side of Amidala.

They waited for the crowd to quiet down, then Captain Panaka went in front of them. "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Queen, her Highness Queen Amidala."

The crowd roared in applause. Amidala stood up. "My people, I wish I had good news for you, but I do not. The Trade federation has placed a blockade on our planet, allowing no one to leave and no one to get it."

The crowd began shouting. "How will we survive?"

"Where will we get our food?"

"Will they send an attack?"

"Are we prepared for an attack?"

Amidala raised her hand to silence the crowd. "I have done everything capable to stop this. Now, I must send a plea to the Republic, asking them for help. it may take some time, but I am sure that ifwe work together, we can help each other survive. Food will be rationed, but it is not totaly gone. We must rely on each other. I have hopes that the blockade will end soon, but until it does, I swear to you I will fight the Federation without enduring a course of action that will lead us to war. I hope to settle this matter before it comes to that."

The crowd went wild, cheering at the hope their queen had shown them. Amidala turned, and walked offstage, followed by her handmaidens who quickly got into formation around her.

Panaka led them back to the palace, the crowd still cheering.

As they reached the palace, Amidala headed for her room, her handmaidens still following.

Amidala sighed as the door closed behind them. She plopped down in a chair and groaned. "I hate doing that."

Ellia laughed to herself. She watched as Rabe' carfully began pulling off the queen's elaboret headpiece, then handed it to Ellia. "Put this on the top self over there," she commanded.

Ellia went over to the wardrobe closet and looked up for the top shelf. She found the headpiece heavy, which meant it must have been heavier for them. She used the Force and placed the headpiece on the top shelf with presision.

Sabe' came by and was hanging up the Queen's heavy robe. "Show off," she muttered to Ellia.

As soon as the queen was comfortable, she dismissed Ellia and the others, for she had to speak with Sabe'. They went to the large room the handmaidens shared. Ellia moved in because she had insisted that she be treated like a handmaiden instead of a Jedi.

They closed the door and Ellia fell down onto her bed. "I'm tired," she declared.

The others nodded in agreement. Ellia sat ub and began taking off her flame colored outfit. The others had already changed and now were dressed in simpler outfits, that were all similar of course. Ellia finished taking off her outfit, sitting there wearing her undershirt and light shorts. her lightsaber was clipped to her belt.

She unclipped it and tossed it onto her bed, seeing Sache' look at her with wonder and curiosity at the same time. "Never go anywhere without it," Ellia said.

She hung her dress up and slipped into the same costume the others had put on: a lightweight dress that was several shades of yellow.

The chronometer chimmed at them. Yane' sighed. "Back to work," she said. The handmaidens began to exit the room. Ellia began to follow, then quickly ran back to her bed and grabbed her lightsaber, pulling up her dress and reclipping it to her belt. She ran and quickly caught up to the others.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ya know wht? Since this is my favorite fan fic, I'm just gonna write some more. besides, it's 11:22 at night. way too early to go to sleep...

"You're doing good, Sabe'," Ellia said as she practiced with the handmaiden. They were in the palace's gymnasium, practicing on stick fighting.

Sabe' waited for Ellia to make her move. Ellia just grinned. Her eyes flickered.

Sabe' heard someone behind her. She turned to see nothing, only feeling Ellia's pole hitting her stomach, knocking her down on the mat.

Ellia started laughing. She reached her hand out to help Sabe' up.

"Cheater," Sabe accused.

Ellia shrugged. "I did that to see your reaction. When it comes to fighting, you must always be focused, never occupied."

Sabe' snorted. "You find this easy, don't you?" she wipped the sweat off of her brow.

Ellia laughed slightly. "No. i find it refreshing. I haven't simmed in quite some time."

"Simmed?"

"It's a phrase we use for practice fighting."
    Ellia thought back in time. "I remember simming with a friend of mine. He's a bit older then me, and i had just become a jedi Knight. He's one of the best lightsber fighters I've ever seen." She shrugged. "Too bad I beat him."

Sabe' raised an eyebrow. "Did you know?"

Ellia gave her a loop-sided grin. "You never know."

"Never know what?"

Ellia turned to see Amidala wearing a skin tight work-out outfit, crossing her arms over her chest.

Ellia bowed. "Good morning, Your Majesty."

Amidala walked onto the mat, kicking off her light slippers. "teaching my teacher a few things about fighting, are we Ellia?"

Ellia laughed. "A few tips, yes."

"Really?" Amidala seemd amused. she grabbed Sabe's pole and stood infront of Ellia. "Let's see what you tought her, then."

Sabe stepped off the mat. Amidala started off by twirling the stick around in her hands, then twirling it in the air. She slightly lunged, then stood her ground and waited for Ellia to move.

Ellia hit the stick out of Amidala's hands. It fell down to the mat. amidala, stared at the pole, then at Ellia.

"First off, don't do that," she said.

She went through a few exercises with the queen. 'She fights well,' Ella thought, once Amidala actually kept the stick in her hands.

After a few hours, the girls collapsed on the mat, sweat pouring off their faces.
    "That was a work out," Amidala retorted.

The door opened and Captain Panaka came is, startled by the three bodies laying on the mat. "Your Highness," he said.

Amidala rose her head up. "What is it Captain?" she asked with exustion.

"We're recieving a transmission from Chancellor Valorum."

"What does he want?"

"he didn't tell me, Your Highness. He asked to speak with you directly."

Amidala let her head drop back to the mat.

Ellia slowly got up, and reached out to grab Amidala's hand. "Come on, Your Highness. Time to go back to work."

Amidala grunted, but finally got up, and followed Captain Panaka to the throne room, Sabe and Ellia following.

as they reached the throne room, Amidala sat in her throne, her hair still a mess and still wearing her work out outfit.

Panaka turned the holovid on, and Valorum's steardy face came into view. "Your Majesty," he said. "The Senate has not ended the matter."

Amidala drooped her head.

"But," he went on," I have sent two Ambassedors to speak with the Trade Federation Viceroy. They should arive in a few days."

Amidala looked up, a smile on her face. "Thank you Chancellor. I can only hope the ambassedors will settle the matter."

The holovid faded, and the room was silent. Amidala got up and headed for her room, Sabe' and Ellia following. As they entered the queen's room, the queen yelled out "YES!"

And now, TPM begins... redface.gif

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    man, it's still only 11:50. I'm still bored, and the rest is downhill from here...

A republic shuttle came out of hyperdrive in the Naboo system. Obi-Wan Kenobi looked out of the viewport at the small green planet, choked by blockade ships.

'I imagine it would be lovely if those ships wouldn't be there,' he thought.

The door opened and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, entered the cockpit. He stood behind the pilot and watched as her hands flew over the controls.

The viewscreen sizzled alive and a Neimodian appeared on the screen.

"State your purpose here or be disintigrated."

The pilot sighed. 'Not again,' she thought. She flicked the comm. "This is Republic Shuttle 'Radient VII.' I am carrying two Ambassedors sent by the Supreme Chancellor who wish to speak with the Viceroy."

after a minute, the Viceroys ugly face appeared on the screen.

"Yes, what do you want?"

"Two Chancellors from the Supreme Chancellor are here to speak with you, Viceroy."

The Viceroy stuttered. "Ah.. give us a few minutes and then land."

"Captain," she heard the older Jedi say behind her.

She turned and faced him. "Yes sir?"

"Tell them we wish to board immediately."

She turned back to the viewscreen and flicked the comm. back on. 'Wiht all due respect, the Ambassedors for the Supreme Chancellor wish to board imidiately."

"Yes, yes. Of Course. As You know, our blockade is perfectly legal. We'd be happy to recieve the ambassedors," The Vicroy rambled.

She flicked the viewscreen off and headed for the landing bay. She entered it slowly, not to hit the low ceiling. The Jedi exited the ship and headed for the hanger door where a silver protical droid was waiting for them.

"I am TC-14 at your service. This way please." The droid led Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon down a hall into a waiting room, which was lined with windows and neimodian bird cages.

"We are honored by your presence, Ambassedors. My master will be with you shortly," the droid said and it left.

Obi-wan pulled off his hood, letting his apprentice braid fall down over his shoulder.

"I have a bad feeling about this," he said bluntly."

"I don't sence anything," came his Master's reply.

"It's not about this mission, master. It's somethig else. Ellusive.."

"Don't center on your anxiety, Obi-wan. keep you focus here and now, where it belongs."

"But master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future," Obi-Wan said deffiantly.

"But not at the expence of the moment. be mindful of the living Force, young Padawan."

"Yes, master," Obi-Wan replied, not wanting to argue. "How do you think the Viceroy will handle the Chancellor's demands?

"These federation types are cowards. The negotiations will be short," Qui-Gon said.

~~~~~~~~~~

On Naboo, Ellia helped Eirtae' apply the queen's regal makeup. She felt something cross her mind. it was a presence, something familiar to her. She shook her head and got back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Federation ship, Obi-Wan felt somethig else bubble up inside him. it was a presence, something he knew. He shook his head as he sat down at the table.

he tapped his fingers on the table. "Is it their nature to make us wait this long?" he asked as the droid called TC-14 came by and handed the two men drinks.

"No, I sence an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute."

A few minutes later, something sharp stabbed the Jedi in the mind. They both jumped up, lightsaber's ready.

~~~~~~~~~~
    Ellia dropped the small tray of drinks she was holding and fell to the ground. Eirtae' and Sache' ran over to her.

"Elliae', are you all right?" Governer Sio Bibble yelled.

"What happened?" Eirtae' whispered.

"I just had a terrible feelings, as if several voices cried out in pain, and were suddenly silenced."

Sache' looked Ellia in the eyes. 'Jedi thing?' she mouthed.

Ellia nodded, then began to sit up and pick up the spilt drinks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Obi-Wan looked around the room, seeing gas coming out of the ventalation shaft. He cursed uner his breath, which he then took a deep breath a

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys, here's some more.

The battle droid's checked each person for weapons. Ellia sighed as she thought about beign back home on Dantooine, away from it all. But right now, she had a mission.

A Neimodian came over to her. he looked at her suspiciously. "Check her for weapons, he said.

"The queen and her handmaidnens carry no weapons," Ellia said softly, waving her hand in a small semi-circle.

"The queen and her handmaidens carry no weapons," the Neimodian replied.

sabe', dressed as Amidala, followed the lead droid out of the throne room and to the Neimodian Viceroy. He then led them down a large stair case.

Ellia barely listened to the conversation between the Viceroy and Sio Bibble. She looked over at Amidal, hidden beneath Sabe's flame colored dress. she was frightened, but angry at the same time.

Ellia turned back to Sabe'. She was full scared. Ellia sent a wave of peace out to the two girls.

The Viceroy said something, then the small party of guards, Panaka, Bibble, the queen, and the handmaidens were taked out into the streets.

Something flickered across Ellia's mind. It was a presence, one...no, two.. humans, one alien. The humans felt utterly familiar to Ellia.

They began to descend under a balcony, when two figures jumped down and began fighting the droids. Ellia looked up and saw two lightsaber blades: one an emerald green, the other a dark sky blue.

Ellia felt a wave of relief come over her.

The two men had soon gotten rid of all the droids, when the older one said to Sabe', "Your Highness, I sugest we leave the streets."

Bibble led Sabe' to an alley while Panaka and the guards grabbed the droid's weapons.

Ellia stood behind Sabe' and waited as the guards joined them in the small alley.

The older man stepped forward. "We're Ambassedors for the Supreme Chancellor."

Bibble snorted. "Your negotiations seemed to have failed.

"The negotiataions never took place," the man said.

Ellia tried to see the man without raising her head, but her blasted hood make it impossible to see his face. The other man was behind her, so she couldn't turn to see him either.

Carefully, she started to raise her head, just enough to see the man. She felt a sharp kick in her foot.

She saw Rabe's boot move back over towards her. She glanced sideways at Rabe'.

The handmaiden was glaring at her, then shifted her eyes downward, telling her to keep her head down. Ellia obeyed.

Then, panaka led the group to the hanger. 'We're going to try to blast through the blockade?' Ellia thought. It sounded like something only a Corillian would do.

The stopped in front of the doors to the hanger, which were partly open. She finally could see the younger man. she looked at his clothes. 'Jedi,' she thought. She looked up at his face. it was soft, but stern. Ellia knew that face. 'No, it couldn't be,' she thought.

Obi-Wan felt someone's eyes on him. he turned to see the tallest of the queen's handmaidens watching him with bright blue eyes, full of wonder. He stared at her face. It was so... familiar!

Then, it came to him. 'No, she would never... would she?'

Ellia looked up slightly when Amidala replied to something Sabe' had said. 'What?'

"Then I will plead our case to the Senate," Sabe' said sternly. She turned to Yane' and Sache'. "Stay and do what you can for the people," Sabe' said. Yane' and Sache' looked down at the ground, but nodded.

They each took turns saying their goodbyes. Ellia embraced yane' in a deep hug. "Take care of her, Elliae'," Yane' whispered in her ear. Ellia nodded.

She let go of her embrace and drew Sache' into a hug. "be brave," she whispered. "I promise I'll watch out for her."

The older Jedi led the party into the hanger. Ellia turned and watched Yane' and sache' turn and walk away with Sio Bibble.

Panaka pointed to a group of pilots guarded by battledroids. "We need to free those pilots," he said.

"I'll deal with that," the younger jedi said.
    Ellia smiled to herself. 'Yep, it's him,' she said to herself.

It took a minu

19. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    boris here:
    that means you are a *dang* good writer Miana

Keep it up

-Boris

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    hey all, sorry about the delay. My monitor fried. So, let's see if i still have it...

The ship took off with a jolt, sending Amidala off her feet and into Ellia's arms.

"Watch it," Ellia said.

Amidala hung onto the back of the throne as the ship lurched with oncoming shots. their pilot was doing all that he could to get the ship past the blockade.

Then the ship rocked. 'We've been hit,' Ellia thought, but did not say it out loud.

After a minute of horror, the rocking stopped. Ellia let out her breath, which she had been holding. She turned to the girls. "Is everyone all right?"

They all nodded.

Ellia felt a presence cross her mind. "Someone's coming."

The girls took their positions around Sabe', who was seated in the throne.

Panaka entered first, followed by an extremely dirty Artoo unit, some guards, then the two jedi. Ellia kept her head down low and listened as Panaka informed the "Queen" of what had happened.

he pointed to the droid and said it had save the ship, as well as their lives.

"it is to be commended then," Sabe' said in her most Amidala voice. "What is it's number?"

Panaka checked the droid. "R2-D2, your highness."

"Thank you, Artoo Detoo," Sabe' said.

The little droid whistled.

"Padme'," Sabe' said. The real queen walked over to te droid, knowing what Sabe' had in mind.

"Clean this droid up best you can. It deserves our gratitude." Sabe' turned to Panaka. "Continue, Captain."

Panaka, stood silent, then turned to the older Jedi.

"Your Highness, with you permission, we're heading to a small planet called Tatooine."

Ellia lifted her head a bit. She recognized the old face, looking the same as it had four years ago. She laughed to herself. 'I never thought I'd see them again,' she thought.

Ellia listened as Panaka sourerly said he didn't agree with the jedi. 'That's smart,' Ellia said sarcastically to herself.

She waited until Panaka and the jedi had left, until she finally let out a laugh.

Sabe' turned to her. "What's so funny, Elliae'?" she asked, emphisizing her name.

Ellia sighed with a smile on her face. "I never thought I'd see them again," she said.

Amidala turned to her. "You said you know them well. Who are they?"

"Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Qui-Gon was good friend's with my father."

"He's cute," Rabe' said.

"Qui-Gon?" Ellia asked.

Rabe' giggled. "No, the younger one."

Ellia nodded. "Yes, Obi-Wan is cute. he's also a trust worthy friend. But, as cute and strong as he may look, he's the one I can always beat when simming."

Amidala shook her head with a laugh. She turned to the droid. "Well, let's go get you cleaned up," she said.

"Have fun, Padme'," Sabe' mocked.

Amidala turned to her decoy. "I will, Your Highness."

Ellia watched the door close behind her. She turned to Sabe'. "Do any of you want a drink or something to eat?" she asked eagerly.

Sabe' shook her head and laughed. "Want to see your friends?"

Ellia nodded her head vigorusly.

"Well, get me a drink, then."

"Me too," Rabe' said.

"i could use a massage," Eirtae' said hopefully.

Ellia began walking to the door. "Three drinks coming up," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ellia walked out into the lounge, seeing Panaka talking with the jedi. He had finished and noticed Ellia.

She jerked her head tothe cockpit.

He got the message and left.

Ellia walked over to the fountain and poured three cups of water. She turned to leave and found Obi-Wan in her path.

"I can't believe you," he said.

"Can't believe what? " she asked mockingly. "That I would accept a mission by my self?"

He laughed and shook his head. 'No, that you actually fooled me into thinking you were one of the queen's handmaidns."

Ellia smiled. "Thats the difference between you and me. "I'm a Jedi knight, you're not." She set the cups down. "Come here," she commanded.

Obi-Wan walked over and drew Ellia into a hug. "It's so good to see you again," he said.

"It's weird, but i feel so much better knowing you two are here," Ellia said.

Something caught Qui-Gon's attention.

21. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I changed symbols today, I want to be A JEDI handmaiden

22. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I changed symbols today, I want to be A JEDI handmaiden!

Hold on, LIGHT Sabe`r

<Anyone get the name>

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    rolleyes.gif I get it, light. well, I'm gonna write some more.

Tatooine. A small planet completely covered in sand. It made Obi-Wan sick. He sat there looking at the hyperdrive. 'It's gone,' he thought.

Qui-Gon came by, putting on a mouisture farmer's cloak.

"The hyperdrive's gone, master. We'll need a new one," Obi-Wan said.

"That'll complicate things," Qui-Gon sighed. "Be wary. I sence a dsturbance in the Force."

"I feel it also, Master."

The gungan, Jar Jar, came in followed by the droid, Artoo Detoo.

Ellia came in a minute later and gave Qui-Gon a kiss on the cheek. "The queen gives you her best wishes, and I say don't do too much damage."

Qui-Gon chuckled and walked down the boarding ramp.

Ellia felt a smaller disturbance on the ship and went to the queen's chambers.

There she found Amidala quickly changing into rough spun peasent clothes. "Where are you going?" Ellia asked.

Amidala looked up at her. "Has the jedi left yet?"

"Yeah, he just left. Why?"

"I'm going with him."

"What?!"

Amidala stared at her. "You heard me. I'm going with them. I'm not going to be stuck on the ship while all the action's out there."

Ellia rubbed her forehead. "What can i say. Um.. don't kill yourself?"

Amidala laughed, and quickly put on her shoes, then ran out the door.

"captain!" she yelled.

Ellia shook her head. 'Teenagers...'

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sabe' sat up strait in Amidala's throne, bored stiff. There was nothing to do but sit and stare at the walls.

The doors opened. Sabe' looked up hopefully. 'Yes, something to do!'

It was only the younger jedi, Obi-Wan, Sabe' remembered. 'Rats.'

Ellia tried to be patient, but if she didn't move or speak, she was going to go nuts! She tried to pass the time by closing her eyes nd letting the Force take over. It seemed to work.

Hours later, the twin suns of Tatooine finally set over the tall sand dunes. Obi-Wn left the small room and went elsewhere, while Sabe' and the others retreated to Amidala's room.

Rabe' flopped onto the bed. "My feet are killing me!"

Sabe' streached. "My legs are asleep."

Eirtae sat down on the couch and fell asleep.
    Ellia thought she was asleep before she even hit the pillow.

Sabe' removed the heavy feathered head dress from her head and handed it to Ellia. Ellia went over to a cupboard and placed it on a shelf. She began scrubbing away the thick makeup on her face, pink skin showing in blotches.

Rabe' retuctanly got up and helped Sabe' out of the heavy gown and put it away, while Sabe' changed into a light dress, the fell down onto a couch herself.

Ellia sighed. "Anyone hungry?"

"Starved," came Sabe's reply.

Rabe's stomach growled in agreement.

Ellia trudged out of the room and into the kitchen. he grabbed a teay and filled it with various fruits and small sandwiches.

Obi-Wan came up beside her. "You have a big appetite," he mocked.

"So does the queen," Ellia said, which was true. Amidala did have a big appetite.

Obi-Wan rubbed his eye and grabbed a piece of fruit. "Isn't there anything to do on this ship?"

Ellia shook her head. "If there was something to do, I would have already done it a thousand times."

"There's nothing to do but sit and stare, sit and stare," Obi-Wan complained.

"Hey, at least you get to sit," Ellia snapped.

Obi-wan laughed.

Ellia just yawned and rested her head on obi-wan's shoulder. "I could fall asleep right now," she said.

Obi-Wan shook her off. "Well, don't. I don't want to sleep standing up."

Ellia laughed slightly, then Obi-Wan turned her towards the queen's chamber. "get some sleep," he ordered.

Ellia nodded her head, then walked to Amidala's room.

Anyone get the feeling I'm getting tired while writting this? (Look at the time of the post. Pacific Time, so it's 1:33 AM)

[This message has been edited by Miana Kenobi (edited 04-14-2000).]

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey all, I got a good six hours of sleep, and I'm looking forward to feedback! Here's some more for your reading pleasure.

Ellia woke up, hearing violent coughing. She sat up and looked around the room, then saw Eirtae' sitting there coughing. Her face was pale and clammy, sweat streaking down it.

Ellia went over to her and knelt down next to her fold out couch. "Eirtae', are you all right?"

Eirtae' nodded her head and said, "Yes." Her voice was hoarse. She tried to sit up, then fell back down. "No, I'm not."

Ellia covered her with a nearby blanket. "I want you to get some rest. Don't come out until you feel one hundred percent better."

She ran and fetched Eirtae' a small drink and a container in case she up-chucked.

The movement woke Sabe'. "Ellia, what's wrong?"

"Eirtae's got traveling sickness."

Sabe' sat up and looked at her friend. "Oh, Eirtae'!" She hopped off of her couch and went to her friend. She began stroking her hair.

sabe's voice woke up Rabe'. "Is it time to get up yet?"

"Yes, Rabe'. It's Naboo dinner time, but Tatooine sunrise."

"How do you know the difference?" came the grumpy reply.

"I used to live on Dantooine, which isn't that far from here. It's in the same system, but it's a days trip away."

Rabe' nodded her head and fell back to sleep.

Ellia went back out and got them some breakfast, noticing no one else seemed to be awake either.

She looked over and saw a Caf' maker, and she quickly poured herself a cup. She carried the food and drinks back to the room.

Rabe' was doing Sabe's hair when Ellia walked in. SHe had a large smile on her face.

"Bump into your jedi friend, I take it?"

Ellia shook her head. "No. There's fresh hot caf'.

Rabe' wrinkled up her nose. "That stuff's nasty."

Ellia sipped her drink. "Good. More for me!"
    PS Caf'is sorta lke coffee, not the animal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.