main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Strange Sacrifice - JA, AU, definitely Obi-Torture, Qui-Angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Feb 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    This is a stand-alone story I wrote several months ago. It has nothing to do with the plot lines of the other two stories I'm currently posting. Hope you like it.

"A Strange Sacrifice"
    By: p_stotts
    Setting: Pre-TPM, Obi-Wan is about 17.
    Rated: PG
    SUMMARY: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan crash land on a planet where they can?t use the
    Force. The locals think the boys would make a great sacrifice for their gods, and
    Obi-Wan bears the brunt of that decision.
    DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters except Suraana and Tahotai. I am not
    profiting from any of this, so don't sue me.
    FEEDBACK is Welcome. I love feedback. Yes, yes, yes!
    SPECIAL THANKS TO: Moonscribe for all your help and suggestions.

** Indicates Force communication.

Part 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi licked his dry, cracked lips, and took a deep breath. The air was so
    oppressive; he had a hard time with even that simple task. The hot tropical sun beat down
    on his skin unmercifully.

The injured apprentice and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn had fallen into the hands of a
    primitive tribe of humans when their transport had crashed on this Force-forsaken planet.
    Their two pilots had been killed instantly, and Obi-Wan had suffered a broken leg.

The Jedi had not been able to access the Force since crashing. Something about this
    planet kept the power and comfort of the Force just beyond their grasp. Thus, a large
    number of the local men had been able to overwhelm them. Qui-Gon had been loath to
    use their lightsabers against such primitive people, certain they could overcome the
    villagers without them. It was a decision he now regretted. The Jedi were first tied, then
    carried to the village, where the tribal elders had insisted that the two Jedi must be
    presented as a sacrifice to their gods.

Qui-Gon, who hadn?t been injured in the crash, was deemed a more worthy sacrifice, and
    would be released into the jungle later, to be hunted by Tahotai, the primary god of these
    people. Because of Obi-Wan?s broken leg, he?d been deemed a poor sacrifice for Tahotai,
    and thus had been stripped of his robe and tunics, and staked out in a clearing not far from
    the village, left for Temura, a lesser god, to find.

His master had struggled against their captors to try and help his apprentice, but to no
    avail. Obi-Wan regretted that he wasn?t able to access their bond to reassure his master
    that he was ready to face whatever fate awaited him in the clearing they?d brought him to.

The throbbing of his injured leg was unrelenting. They?d stretched his body to its limits
    when they?d tied him to the stakes on the ground. He couldn?t help the scream that had
    escaped his lips then. The pain in his leg had been excruciating. He was sure Qui-Gon
    had heard him, and he regretted causing his master any undue pain.

Obi-Wan didn?t know how long he?d lain there. His fevered brain had made it impossible
    for him to judge the passage of time. But, as the late afternoon shadows from the
    surrounding trees had reached out to kiss his sunburned skin, and give him some relief
    from the unmerciful heat, an ominous growl had sounded from the jungle.

The Jedi padawan swallowed with difficulty, and took a cleansing breath. Whatever his
    fate, he was determined to face it with courage. He would not cry out again. The sound
    of something crashing through the underbrush brought Obi-Wan?s attention to his right.
    His eyes grew wide as he saw the obviously hungry eyes of a large reptile as it emerged
    from the jungle.

It was a long, dragon-like creature. Almost as large as a man, it must have weighed at
    least five hundred pounds. Obi-Wan actually grinned as the thought hit him that he was
    about to be devoured by this horrible beast, and his first reaction was to gauge its weight.
    Obi-Wan vaguely heard the excited whispers of his guards, who?d been posted up in the
    trees. ?Temura!? Ah, this must be the god for whom he?d been so thoughtfully prepared.

A long forked tongue slithered between jagged teeth and flicked the air, as the grotes

2. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    that was good. :D

I don't see how it was AU, though...

3. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    I classified it as AU because it's not canon. Maybe I should have classified it as EU. *shrug*

4. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
  5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Intresting fanfic. I liked it!

6. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    wooow!! loved this one!! is so cool! Poor Obi, he had quite a time with those two!
    Great job p_spotts!!

7. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thank you, Thank you!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another of your wonderful stories I'm familiar with but it was a treat to be able to read it again.

I hope you have many more to share with us!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.