main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Desert Illuminations: The Ocean of Fire - Obi-Wan, Post-RotS - The Smallest Things 7/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Title: Desert Illuminations: The Ocean of Fire
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Owen and Beru, Baby Luke and possibly a shimmering ghostie or two.
    Genre: Drama, Action
    Keywords: Obi-Wan
    Summary: Well, this I am sure is yet another Obi-Wan in the desert intertrilogy story. :p

The usual disclaimers apply. George Lucas owns it all; I am not making any money on this.

Author?s Note: Hopefully, this will be the first of a series.

2. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
  3. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Beautiful and vivid, as your stories always are, red. I loved the memory, and how it was tied to the brutal present for Obi-Wan. I can't wait for more of this.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :eek: Whoa! Your stories always catch me by surprise in such a pleasant way. And this one is no exception. I'm excited to see that there will hopefully be more! =D=

5. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Excellent! One of many perhaps, but this one will rise to the top, it's obvious already. I loved the lesson in the memory, though the thought at the end was kind of sad, as it made me think of all the lessons in heartbreak poor Obi-Wan had to learn. :(

Great start!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You started a new series :) This should be very interesting- especially your lessons

7. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Very nice! I like Obi thinking about the past lesson, and thinking about the present. Kind of sad, though, now that he's on his own. I'd definitely like to see more!

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely piece of work. Your descriptions as always are so vivid and alive with meaning. I could just picture the sand blowing and the waterfall, the frown that sat on Obi-Wan's face as he tried to take in the lesson in the Temple and the difficulty breathing through the mask.

Great job. Keep it up.

9. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    Wow that was awesome! Your imagery was so well done that I could see the waterfall and the sandstorm. I like the flashback where Obi-Wan had trouble focusing, reminds us how far he's come.

This is great! Can't wait to read more! =D=

10. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I really enjoyed reading this.Your descriptions are excellent! Keep it coming!

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Simply lovely, and infused with meaning! I'm sure that I'll learn as many lessons as Obi-Wan will from your story. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Awesome! I love your descriptions. I'm very much looking forward to reading this story.

13. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, finally got a chance to sit down and respond to this. I loved the mental pictures of the waterfall and the sandstorm - both so rich in description. And in both cases just figuring out what he was supposed to be learning.

14. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    [echoes what the others have said] - wonderful start. You've brought both the water and sand to life. :)

Am so looking forward to this...

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Aha! Here it is! :D Found it at last! [face_dancing]

Wow... looooove the past lesson about the Force being everything living ;) and poor Obi missed that. [face_laugh] Not being strong in the Living Force can do that I bet ;)

Loved your descriptions! And lookit Obi is in the near same predicament...well so to speak ;) Feel don't think ;)

Can't wait for more! Excellent start! :D

16. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    LE?Thank you!

VL?Really? Thanks!

may?what doesn't kill Obi-Wan, only makes him stronger :)

PK?Yup, I went crazy and started something else. I figured people would be chasing me around with pitchforks for doing this instead of Tale3.

Jedi Tigris?There will be a number of little flashback lessons, so I am happy that you enjoyed it.

Diane? [face_blush] Thanks!

Saffy? Shouldn't you be working? :p

cdmcc?Thanks!

Valiowk?Thanks and hopefully Obi-Wan will learn a lot through these new trials.

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee?Whoo! Hoo! Hopefully I won't disappoint.

Noi?He has many lessons ahead. :)

ithesock?Thank you!

Kyn?Hopefully he learned to listen because the desert has a lot to tell him?

Well, if I havne't said thank you enough, let me say it again. Thank you. [face_blush] I am surprised to see so many wonderful responses to yet another Obi-Wan in the desert story.

A posty will be up in a minute and I am aiming the next one for Sunday hopefully.

17. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
  18. PadawanDi

PadawanDi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Well you have me interested. Can't wait for more.
    Up!

19. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    Ooooo! Very exciting! I love how Obi-Wan just forced open the lock! This is great! Can't wait to read more!

And no, I should not be working! :p

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh coooool! Loved that his first thought was to cut a way in with the lightsaber! How easy that would have been as well as... too obvious! [face_laugh]

Love the OCs here :) Great job!

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    He was already tired of sand and he had only been there for a handful of months.

It was going to be a long rest of his life, he thought wearily as he headed toward the main sleigh, sitting lopsided on the dune behind the bantha.

Poor guy. I'm curious why he's with this crew and what they are going to find on this ship. You do this. You spend a whole post getting us excited to see what's in the ship and then end it. And then wonder why you have a reputation as an evil author.

22. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I like how Obi-Wan is being so careful. He wanted to use his lightsaber first [face_laugh] then he uses the force to open the ramp. Why is he working with this caravan group? Wonder what he'll find in the ship? Interesting!

Great job!

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You have created an interesting situation here. I will happily read through this before Tales3

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well, this I am sure is yet another Obi-Wan in the desert intertrilogy story...

No doubt! But I will happily settle down with your version, knowing that all the elements that are important to me - the ineffable Obi-Wan, the Force, the true spirit of Star Wars, and of course, a blue ghostie here and there :p, to name a few - are safe in your capable hands. Your stories are always enchanting.

I loved the watery Jedi lesson whose essential truth no doubt applies as well to sand. Im happy to see that Obi-Wan has taken gainful employment - he's still young, and of course he didn't sit in that hut for 19 years! And I'm looking forward to wahtever youcome up with.

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Great start with the first two scenes. :D Excellent job capturing Obi-Wan's spirit in those early days of his new exile... Especially that his spark of humor is still there. :)

But you know me, the Anakin fan, just had to say -

He was already tired of sand and he had only been there for a handful of months.
    I never thought I'd see the day Obi-Wan said, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough..." [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.