main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga FIC: Vision of the Future

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-WansApprentice, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-WansApprentice

Obi-WansApprentice Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    After a three year absence, I'm making a comeback. Okay, so it's not much of a comeback considering I've only posted one story on here before (It's called 'Betrayal,' but, please, do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs. It's terribly childish and farfetched and unbelievable...it's crap, let me put it that way. ;)). All right...it's not really that bad. I don't think it's one of my better ones, it's just that I didn't want others basing their impression/opinion of me on that single story. In any case, maybe I'll be able to redeem my soul with this piece.....

Title: Vision of the Future

Author: Lori (Obi-WansApprentice)

Rating: PG (possibly PG-13)

Category: Drama/a dash of angst/action

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to George Lucas (how I envy that man). I, in no way, shape, or form, made any profit off of this. It is merely a work of fiction written by a fan for the mutual enjoyment of other fans.

Special Thanks: To Shade for sharing his/her plot bunny. I can most assuredly say that his/her plot bunny securely fastened itself to my ankle and didn?t let go until I had this completed. Thank you for the inspiration, Shade!

Special, Special Thanks: To Sheleigh, who has been a great friend and drool buddy for the last five or six years. May the Force be with you, my friend. *hugs* :) [face_love] :p

A green blade swirled and clashed against red. The silence was broken by the sizzling hiss as they met? The red blade sliced through flesh? a body sank heavily to the floor? ?NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

Obi-Wan?s eyes snapped open and he quickly sat up, his head promptly falling into his hands. He ran a trembling hand through his short, sweat-dampened hair as he tried to calm his heavy breathing. After some time, he wearily swung his legs out of bed and quietly padded from the room.

He found his master?s door ajar and silently peered into the dimness inside, discovering him to be fast asleep. His anxiety briefly subsided at the sight of this and he released a long breath, his heartbeat still pounding in his ears.

?Obi-Wan?? came a calm voice from the darkness.

The young apprentice had been in the process of turning away to move into the living area when he heard his name. He wet his lips and turned back to stand in the doorway. ?Yes, Master?? He could sense that Qui-Gon had sat up in bed and was swinging his feet over to rest on the carpet.

?I sense a great amount of anxiety from you, Young One.?

?It?s nothing, Master.? He tried to make this statement seem light and that the entire matter was unimportant, but he knew this strategy had failed as soon as his shaking voice poured the words from his mouth.

Qui-Gon?s tall form appeared from the darkness and he placed a large hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?I?ve known you for too long, Padawan; I know you too well. Tell me your troubles.?

Under the apprentice?s request, they left their quarters and moved out into the cavernous halls of the inner Temple. All was still and quiet, save for the occasional Jedi that slowly passed them on their way to their own quarters. The lights had been dimmed to compensate for the late hour and became virtually unnoticeable as the pair moved towards the brightly moonlit archways leading out into the Temple gardens.

?The Force has shown me something in a dream, Master,? said Obi-Wan, the gentle breeze rippling his light undershirt.

Qui-Gon, similarly dressed, walked patiently beside him, his hands clasped behind his back as he listened to his padawan?s worry-laden words.

?A vision of the future. It is this vision that disturbs me.?

A fountain was calmly bubbling and gurgling in the brief silence before the Jedi Master spoke.
    ?You mustn?t focus on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment,? he said, his voice quiet and serene.

Obi-Wan let out a quiet exhale, having heard these words before. He didn?t need a lecture, he needed guidance. He sat down on the edge of the fountain and ran a hand

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Any fic that has Qui-Gon surviving is a good thing adn Yay for Obi-Wan saving him!! That was very nicely done Obi-WansAprentice.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job indeed! I too, liked the fact Qui survived! Yay Obi and the Force!!! [face_dancing]

Well worded and the combat was good too :)

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked the combat descriptions and the fact that Obi-Wan used his instincts to help Qui-Gon avoid his fate.

Good job.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Phew, intense and great! Welcome back!

6. Obi-WansApprentice

Jul 24, 2002
    HealerLeona- Thank you so much for the kind words. I feel kind of humble now, what with my first comment/feedback from a moderator....[face_blush] Always a pleasure to please a moderator...

Kynstar- Yes...I've found that there is a certain lack of stories out there where Qui-Gon LIVES! So, I felt that I should give all those Qui-Gon Jinn fans who are feeling put-out by the flood of stories about Obi-Wan and Anakin (not that I have anything againt Obi-Wan, of course ;)We're not going into my current feelings towards Anakin, right now [face_frustrated] ) by giving them, at least, a last ray of hope.

ALL QUI-GON FANS: YOU'RE WELCOME!!!! :)

Dianethx- Thank you for the warm fuzzies. I, myself, wasn't sure if my descriptions of the fight scene were all that good, but thank you for backing me up with warm support! THANKS!

DarthIshtar- I'm glad to be back! Thank you for the "warm welcome." I'm happy to hear that you liked the story as well!

THANK YOU ALL FOR GIVING ME SUCH QUICK FEEDBACK!!!!!
    [:D]

Obi-WansApprentice

7. Obi-WansApprentice

Jul 24, 2002
    This is...I will admit... a very shameful excuse to try and get my story higher up on the list for a just a little while longer.... ;)

Obi-Wan'sApprentice

8. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Well, here's a slightly-less-shameful excuse ... :)

Very nicely written, Obi-WansApprentice!

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    You didn't tell me you were writing again!

I always appreciate a good fanfic that leaves Qui-Gon alive...

Excellent, Lori!

Katie

10. Obi-WansApprentice

Jul 24, 2002
    Rosh_Penin- Glad you liked my story! Thank you for forgiving me about my oh-so-shameful excuse to raise my story up on the list. ;) 'Preciate it.

Sheleigh- *screams* SHELEIGH! [:D] Thank you for the wonderful surprise reply to my story. I was wondering where you were lurking! :p I'm glad you liked my story, my friend. :)

Thanks again for all the wonderful, fuzzy support, guys! I feel so loved. [face_love]

Obi-WansApprentice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.