main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mysterious Poison (JA, Obi-torture, Qui-angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by p_stotts, Feb 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Why is it we insist on torturing the padawan? Does it appeal to some maternal instinct to put him in situations where we want to comfort him? Or is it just some twisted, sadistic streak we all carry deep within us? Maybe we just want to hug him, and squeeze him, and...oh, ahem, well, this isn't supposed to be an Elmira/SW crossover. Anyway, on with the show:

?Mysterious Poison?
    BY: p_stotts
    RATING: PG
    CATEGORY: angst, hurt/comfort
    SETTING: pre-TPM, Obi-Wan is 20.
    SUMMARY: Obi-Wan becomes the unintended victim of an assassination attempt while on a mission.
    DISCLAIMER: I?m only borrowing them. They don?t belong to me. Why I insist on putting them through hell, I?ll never know.
    SPECIAL THANKS to Moonscribe, for all your help, ideas, and beta.

Qui-Gon watched helplessly as his padawan?s body arched up in agony as another spasm of pain hit him. Holding onto his hand tightly, he did his best to spare Obi-Wan from feeling the bulk of it. Even using the Force couldn?t completely shield him, however. Qui-Gon didn?t even want to think about the level of pain that his apprentice might be feeling if they didn?t have the Force.

The spasm lasted longer than previous ones, and they were coming more frequently now. As the pain passed, Obi-Wan relaxed back onto the bed.

?Master,? he whispered weakly, his throat raw from screaming.

?Shh, Obi-Wan,? soothed Qui-Gon. ?We?re almost to Coruscant. The Temple healers have the antidote waiting.?

Obi-Wan nodded weakly and closed his eyes in exhaustion.

As Qui-Gon looked down at his apprentice, he thought back on what had brought them to this point. The master/padawan pair had been dispatched to the planet Kraue to mediate a dispute between two of its leading political factions. Leaders on both sides had requested Jedi intervention in the hopes of averting a war.

The negotiations had taken two months and all the skill the two Jedi had, but in the end an accord had been agreed upon. It was during the celebration held the night before the signing ceremony that events had been set in motion.

A member of a splinter group of the northern faction had started disputing some of the terms of the pending agreement with the leader of the southern faction. Tempers had flared, and the Jedi had intervened, literally having to separate the two delegates before they came to blows.

Unfortunately for Obi-Wan, he was standing between the two arguing delegates. One tried to push him out of the way so he could get at the other delegate. At the time, the apprentice had felt a pinprick on his arm, but had thought nothing of it.

The two delegates had been separated, the celebration continued, and the accord was signed the next day. The problem began to surface during their trip home, which would take them two weeks.

The first morning after their departure from Kraue, Obi-Wan had woke up with stiff, sore muscles. Since the soreness had passed once he was up and moving, he?d dismissed it. The trouble was that the pain, mild at first, kept coming back.

As the muscle soreness became more pronounced, Obi-Wan thought that perhaps he was coming down with a virus. Still not thinking anything was seriously wrong, he?d failed to mention it to his master.

The first real indication of a serious problem came about a week into their journey, when they were sparring in the cargo hold of the Republic cruiser. Everything had been going along fine, when suddenly Obi-Wan was struck by a wave of pain so severe, he?d dropped his lightsaber and crumpled to the floor.

?Padawan!? said Qui-Gon worriedly, kneeling beside his apprentice. ?What?s wrong? Tell me.?

As the pain passed, Obi-Wan let go of the breath he?d been holding. He rolled over onto his back, and tried to bring his heart rate back to normal. ?I don?t know, Master,? he answered truthfully. ?I?ve been experiencing some muscle pain off and on since we left Kraue, but nothing as severe as this.?

The apprentice raised both his hands to his face, and wiped

2. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    woohoo! another story by peggy!! please keep em coming, they are a wonderful way to wake up every morning!

3. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, Lady V! I appreciate the support. I've got a lot more to post on my story "A World Away" plus several stand-alone stories from that storyline. Plus, I'll be writing a sequel to "Dealing With Demons," and I'm currently working on a story tentatively entitled "Freedom." So, stay tuned. There's much more to come.

4. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Ohoooo... I don't remember reading this one before! And such delicious Obi-torture and Qui-angst it is, too! *evil grin* I didn't know you were so good at that, Peggy! heehee

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Another new one! Yippee!!!

That was great Peggy! Your Obi-torture and Qui-angst was outstanding.

I'm drooling for more at your list of things to come. *grin*

6. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I've read this before, but it was just as good the second time!!! :D Great story, but poor Obi. :(

I'll be watching for more of your fic's!

7. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Hey, that was really good!! :) Great job!!!

8. Keyla_Kenobi

Keyla_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2000
    Oh man!! This is sooooo awesome!!! Poor Obi!
    And yes, I think you are right...we all are like lots of Elmiras after that poor Padawan.... :)
    I really love your stories p_stotts!!!!
    Keep up the great work!

9. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Awww! Poor Obi and Qui! That was great, though. What other fics does p_stotts write? Could someone give me a link, please?

10. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Glad to have you aboard Jedi Obi-Wan. If you click on my name and then click latest posts, you can get a list of everything I've posted here so far. Start from the end and work your way forward, because there are quite a few series. Let's see, there's the "Second Chance" series which includes, "Second Chance," "Getting To Know You," "Getting To Know You Again," "The Little Things," "Midlife Crisis," "Journey Into Darkeness," "Between Darkness and Light," "Journey Back To The Light," "Old Journeys, New Beginnings-Part 1," and "Old Journeys, New Beginnings-Part 2." Then there's "Old Demons Die Hard," "Dealing With Demons," "A World Away," "A Strange Sacrifice," and "Kung Fu Jedi," which I just started posting yesterday. I think that about covers it. Aaaand, there's still much more to come! So, stay tuned!

11. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    I don't think I have mentioned before how much I have loved this story... so here it is....

I really loved it :)

Kim B :)

12. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I remember reading this one...but it's even better the second time!!!! Great job peggy. Wonderful emotions in this one!

13. Shada_Dawn_Kenobi

Shada_Dawn_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Great post, p_stotts! I think that some of the elite in the JCF fic section have elevated Obi-torture to an art form. :) And to answer your question, I think it's some type of instinct, to torture one of our favorite Jedi. And he's so cute when he suffers! Anyways, can't wait to read more of your stories. Forgive me if I lurk, there are so many posts to check up on and so little time.

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I've very glad this was upped! I somehow missed this great short story when it first was posted. You do incredible Obi-torture, Qui-angst and mush.

I have to throw my two cents in about your question of why we love to torture Obi-Wan. This worried me a bit when I first realized how much I enjoyed reading, then writing, about Obi-torture and Qui-angst. Then I realized it wasn't the torture in particular that I loved, but several aspects connected to it. First there is the mush, the demonstrations of affection/comfort between my fav boys in brown. Related to this is the way one will stop at nothing to help the other, when he is in trouble. You find out who your friends are when you're in serious trouble. Finally, the idea that such nasty things could happen to them, but they don't turn to the Darkside. They (usually) stay true to their Jedi beliefs.

Well, that's why I like Obi-torture. Never ask a question you don't want an answer to ;)

15. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Great story. Excuse me now I have go and find a tissue :_|

16. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    Geezus! That virus seemed an awful lot like Rabies! :eek:
    What a painful way to go.
    Great post Peggy! :D
    :::Covers his head from infectuous bat guano:::

Thread Status: